Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 10:24:08 AM   
JIm R

Deadline day here - let the rabid speculation begin......

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 61
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 10:26:42 AM   
talpacino

I have the BBC feed minimised on my computer at work and I check in every 5 minutes or so. An entertaining read even if most of it is bullshit.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 62
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 10:37:02 AM   
Rinc

I love deadline day. So much crap about players appearing at training grounds and airports.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 63
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 10:51:27 AM   
James2183

Tim, Keighley via text: "Arsenal interested in Belgian defender Mark de Man. Apparently, they are also interested in his compatriots, striker Skor de Gaulle and goalkeeper Bloek de Schott."

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 64
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 10:53:06 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Tim, Keighley via text: "Arsenal interested in Belgian defender Mark de Man. Apparently, they are also interested in his compatriots, striker Skor de Gaulle and goalkeeper Bloek de Schott."

I'm so ashamed, I read those on the BBC website and didn't get them until now.

Currahee!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 65
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 10:55:27 AM   
James2183

I always enjoy deadline day but with the explosion of Twitter today is going to be a farce.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 66
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 11:11:34 AM   
talpacino

From BBC - Spanish journlist Guillem Balague has some interesting news for Arsenal fans, tweeting: "Park Chu Young is not the only player Lille have mispaced. Eden Hazard has filed a transfer request to force Arsenal move."

Bloody fake twitter accounts.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 31/8/2011 11:13:19 AM >

Currahee!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 67
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 11:14:30 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

I'm so ashamed, I read those on the BBC website and didn't get them until now.

They are also going to buy Maika Dive from Barcelona

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 68
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 11:17:15 AM   
horribleives

I hear Man U are interested in portuguese playmaker Conda Ref.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 69
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 11:25:34 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I hear Man U are interested in portuguese playmaker Conda Ref.

and a Russian youngster called Paidtherefoff

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 70
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 1:51:54 PM   
horribleives

Owen Hargreaves to Man City apparently. Didn't see that coming.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 71
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 3:05:23 PM   
gazpop

I know so much of it is bullshit and wild speculation chinese whisper style. But I have never seen Liverpool mentioned in so many blurbs. Milner? Seriously? Bellamy? Really? How much wages again would they cost us? We're trying to trim the bill for fuck's sake. And Benayoun? As what? Cover for Downing? For the cup matches? Don't we have Maxi for that? How much cover are we looking for? Don't we have kids that are coming through? I thought we might be giving them their shot in the cup matches. We just spent 12mill on Coates. And how much is Mauro Zamare (sp) form Lazio gonna be? We'll have to win the prem this year now just to pay the wage bill!

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 72
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 3:07:47 PM   
James2183

5m Parker to Spurs

Can't believe Arsenal didn't put a bid in at that price

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 73
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 3:15:53 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

I know so much of it is bullshit and wild speculation chinese whisper style. But I have never seen Liverpool mentioned in so many blurbs. Milner? Seriously? Bellamy? Really? How much wages again would they cost us? We're trying to trim the bill for fuck's sake. And Benayoun? As what? Cover for Downing? For the cup matches? Don't we have Maxi for that? How much cover are we looking for? Don't we have kids that are coming through? I thought we might be giving them their shot in the cup matches. We just spent 12mill on Coates. And how much is Mauro Zamare (sp) form Lazio gonna be? We'll have to win the prem this year now just to pay the wage bill!

Out of all that and I heard it too, if we got Milner would be well happy. Bellamy can f*ck right off, as can Yossi.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 74
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2011 5:37:16 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

Out of all that and I heard it too, if we got Milner would be well happy. Bellamy can f*ck right off, as can Yossi.

Cannot believe at all, with 70-75million given to him to spend, captain cautious (dick) Wenger didn't make a play for Milner, Parker, Benayoun and Barton. Actually, forget Barton. Can you imagine a conversation between Arsene and him? Or any scouser for that matter. Me either.
"Meezter Barrrton, I vood like yoo to"...."eh, Arse-en, where's da beer man?"
But seriously, let's all go to the Arsenal thread and rip the piss out of them. He can't coach for shit and he's already signed 2 foreign jimmys who have (potentially) no idea about the prem league and no way of learning in 1 season unless any of their colleagues take it on themselves to do some after-hours coaching. Meterpeterslaker or what's his face from Bremen will be fine. The Germans always are. He'll certainly speak better english than Arsene. Actually, probably better than Wilshire. And he'll slot in fine with Vermaelen. When he's fit. Dear oh dear. I DO so hope we can pip them to the 4th spot.
And yes, Bellamy CAN fuck right off. His presence, like the emperor, will merely disturb what we have fought so hard to achieve. Him and his golf clubs and white YSL clubbing shirts. And his pink Bentley. FFS Kenny, what ARE you thinking man??

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 75
RE: Summer Transfers 2012/13 - 1/6/2012 12:42:43 PM   
BigBadWolf

So Grant Holt wants to leave Norwich

From his Twitter

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first"

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 76
RE: Summer Transfers 2012/13 - 1/6/2012 1:16:16 PM   
gazpop

Apologies....I must have been on the cooking sherry that hot Cretan day in August last year.
Loving Holt's vernacular.
As for us in Liverpool, the question must be will Suarez stay?

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 77
RE: Summer Transfers 2012/13 - 1/6/2012 3:42:44 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

From his Twitter

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first"

Isn't he claiming his reasons for leaving the club more a bust-up with the board, rather than because he wants to better his career now he's established in the top flight and/or because Lambert is expected to leave? I mean it could be complete rubbish and it's simply because he fancies his chances of joining a club who will be playing European football next season or a bigger club who could improve his chances of playing for England.

It's going to be an intriguing summer for Norwich. I expect Lambert to take over at Villa and if their star striker now leaves, they could face an uncertain time next season.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 78
RE: Summer Transfers 2012/13 - 1/6/2012 5:40:30 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

From his Twitter

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 79
RE: Summer Transfers 2012/13 - 1/6/2012 5:47:41 PM   
superdan

quote:

From his Twitter

I know Twitter isn't the platform for verbosity, but is English not his first language?

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 80
RE: Summer Transfers 2012/13 - 1/6/2012 6:19:17 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

From his Twitter

I know Twitter isn't the platform for verbosity, but is English not his first language?

Hes probablee dickslexic.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 81
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 1/6/2012 6:40:25 PM   
boaby

Nae exactly at the epic end of transfers but... Aberdeen manager Craig Brown told the press that the tricky weee winger Johnny Hayes had agreed to join us from Inverness. Hayes tweeted fae Thailand the equivalent of "Eh? Nae signed for anyone." Cue panicked bletherings by AFC, Hayes' agent and fans. Probably nothing to do with the following: AFC tell press of "signing" 30/5/2012 & AFC season tickets go on sale 31/5/2012.

I mean it's not exactly Charlie Nicholas. Did the club really think prematurely releasing info about signing an Inverness player would spark a rabid rush for a season ticket?

So, if anyone's club does something quite as pathetic as mine this window it would ease my pain if you shared.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 82
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 30/8/2012 8:42:41 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Why is it that the most exciting parts of Bernatov's career of late have been his last minute transfers. Supposedly on his way to Fiorentina to sign an agreed contract, Fulham spirit him away on the way to the airport.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 83
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 30/8/2012 12:40:41 PM   
Harry Lime

Fiorentina have come out with some pretty harsh criticism of both Berbatov and Fulham over the hijacking of the move..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19418472

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 84
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 30/8/2012 1:46:24 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Dempsey must be in negotiations with his new club then, plus with the Dembele money coming in I suppose Fulham have some financial weight in them in these closing transfer days.

And Berbatov has always flattered-to-deceive throughout his career and will continue doing so wherever his next destination may be.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 85
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 30/8/2012 3:08:32 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Whatever the shenanigans of the transfer, Fulham remains a great club to manage at. Relatively low expectations, with great backing.

I don't see why we are so down on Berbatov. This is a guy who got a hatful of goals in Germany, came to the PL and scored and has a medals with Utd (108 appearances and 48 goals) is a good ratio, even if he should have had many more appearances.

He's retired form international level and hasn't played too much recently, so even tho he's 31 he should have time in him. And his game isn't around pace. You have to build the team round him, but Fulham can do that. Makes a bit of a nonsene buying Rodallega, but I think this is a good deal for them @ 4M.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 30/8/2012 3:18:26 PM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 86
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 30/8/2012 4:17:50 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Whatever the shenanigans of the transfer, Fulham remains a great club to manage at. Relatively low expectations, with great backing.

I don't see why we are so down on Berbatov. This is a guy who got a hatful of goals in Germany, came to the PL and scored and has a medals with Utd (108 appearances and 48 goals) is a good ratio, even if he should have had many more appearances.

He's retired form international level and hasn't played too much recently, so even tho he's 31 he should have time in him. And his game isn't around pace. You have to build the team round him, but Fulham can do that. Makes a bit of a nonsene buying Rodallega, but I think this is a good deal for them @ 4M.

Hmm,its ok.
But the overall deal with be in the region of 7 million ie 3/4 years wages,a possible signing on fee, on a 31 year-old I think its a risky deal but we'll see.

On the transfer window tomorrow I,personally, don't see much movement interms of the top3 (Chelsea-Man city-Man United) spending.There window shopping has been done and minor Uniteds possible need for another midfielder I don't think it'll be imperative to how there season pans out overall.There midfielders are good enough to challenge in Europe and domestically,though I have doubts about rether RVP and Rooney will click as a front pair.

It will be a big day for Arsenal.
Will Wenger get the required personnel in?
interesting times.

Post #: 87
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 30/8/2012 5:51:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think that is good value for a proven goal scorer. I hope he comes good at Fulham.

To put it in some context, Liverpool are reportedly paying 5M plus wages for Sahin for 1 year loan. For that money he has to take them top 4 for me, as it's a big pay out for a short term fix. If Berbatov gets Fulham top 7 and Europa League, that's a better investment, IMO.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 88
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 10:16:35 AM   
talpacino

Dempsey to Villa apparently for around 7m. That's a strange one.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 31/8/2012 10:17:17 AM >

Currahee!

Post #: 89
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 10:38:11 AM   
Qwerty Norris

Nicklas Bendtner + Juventus =

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI