Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Summer Transfers 2011/12

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Summer Transfers 2011/12 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 6/6/2011 8:38:51 PM   
JIm R

Same as last summer, who do you want your club to buy, sell etc and who do you think you'll actually get....

< Message edited by JIm R -- 6/6/2011 8:39:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 6/6/2011 9:35:25 PM   
Scott_

Sergio Aguero. He would create a dynamite partnership with Luciano Becchio...

Come on Sergio, you know you want to.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 6/6/2011 9:41:13 PM   
superdan

It looks almost certain O' Harais going to sign a permanent deal for Wolves, which I'm pleased about. Need decent center-backs though, Berra is a clown.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 3
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 7/6/2011 5:01:35 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'd like to see Rodwell and either Modric or Sneijder as well as a decent left winger (Not Ashley Young or Stewart Downing).

Unfortunately it looks like the Young deal will be finalised this week.

As long as we don't sign Charlie Adam though...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 7/6/2011 6:18:36 PM   
Rinc

I would have liked Young but he looks Man U bound.

Downning is alright but I'd rather we spent money on a better winger. I'd love someone like Hazard or Mata. Can't see it though.

I'm not too fussed about Adam either and with us buying Henderson I'm not sure we'll go for him. On the subject of Henderson, he's looked good when I've seen him this season but he is incredibly overpriced at £18-20m. I'm also a bit confused why we're spending that amount of money on a centre mid when we've already got Meireles, Spearing, Lucas, Shelvey and Gerrard.

We need another centre back, rumours are rife we're going for Phil Jones which would be good.

We also need a left back and have been linked with Sissokho, Enrique and loads of others.

We also need a striker as backup to Suarez and Carroll. We're being heavily linked to Wickham.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 5
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 7/6/2011 6:24:43 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I would have liked Young but he looks Man U bound.

Downning is alright but I'd rather we spent money on a better winger. I'd love someone like Hazard or Mata. Can't see it though.

I'm not too fussed about Adam either and with us buying Henderson I'm not sure we'll go for him. On the subject of Henderson, he's looked good when I've seen him this season but he is incredibly overpriced at £18-20m. I'm also a bit confused why we're spending that amount of money on a centre mid when we've already got Meireles, Spearing, Lucas, Shelvey and Gerrard.

We need another centre back, rumours are rife we're going for Phil Jones which would be good.

We also need a left back and have been linked with Sissokho, Enrique and loads of others.

We also need a striker as backup to Suarez and Carroll. We're being heavily linked to Wickham.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Henderson at OT but not at that price. Maybe £8-10m. Like you I can't understand why you're paying so much for him considering you seem sorted (pretty much) in midfield. Saying that though it seems Brucie will be redirecting the Henderson cash into our coffers and taking Darron Gibson and Wes Brown (who is a shadow of the player he was about 3-4 seasons ago) off our hands in the process.

Result .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 6
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 7/6/2011 6:28:48 PM   
Rinc

Bruce will do anything Fergie tells him.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 7
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 7/6/2011 8:34:23 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Jesus what insanity!  Dalglish does realize that figure is millions and not thousands like in his day, right?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 8
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 8:54:52 AM   
jediwarrior

quote:

I. On the subject of Henderson, he's looked good when I've seen him this season but he is incredibly overpriced at £18-20m.

He is young and English so you always pay more. At least if he didn't work out he will have a resale value with plenty of years left in him.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 9:40:54 AM   
pocketrocket

£13m + Ngog

Apparently Adam, Downing, Wickham, Jones and Mata to follow... blimey!

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 10
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 12:39:00 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: pocketrocket

£13m + Ngog

So £13 Million then?

I am losing my mind or can Henderson play out wide?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to pocketrocket)
Post #: 11
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 1:04:43 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

£13m + Ngog

Sky Sports are reporting that Jones is at Carrington, due to sign on a 5 year contract for United.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 12
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 1:11:08 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

£13m + Ngog

So £13 Million then?

I am losing my mind or can Henderson play out wide?

Henderson played about half of all his games for us as a right-winger. His best position is centre midfield but he probably needs to mature a bit more to hold down that position in top class team.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 13
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 1:15:15 PM   
pocketrocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

quote:

£13m + Ngog

Sky Sports are reporting that Jones is at Carrington, due to sign on a 5 year contract for United.

Yep hearing same thing, shame if its true. He would of got game time at Liverpool, not sure he'll be ahead of Ferdinand or Vidic (injuries aside).

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 14
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 1:20:24 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

quote:

£13m + Ngog

Yep hearing same thing, shame if its true. He would of got game time at Liverpool, not sure he'll be ahead of Ferdinand or Vidic (injuries aside).

Plus there's Smalling and *cough* Johnny Evans *cough* to get past. Ok maybe not so much Evans but I thought Smalling had an excellent debut season and it would be a shame to see him shunted to the sidelines.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 15
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 1:23:59 PM   
pocketrocket

quote:

quote:

£13m + Ngog

So £13 Million then?

Or £7m if we're to believe the £20m tag Sky are (mis)reporting...

FSG net spend so far Carroll £35m + Suarez £22m + Henderson £13m - Torres £50m - Babel £7m - Ngog £(?) = £13m

More to come...

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 16
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 1:30:23 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

I think it's a good, potentially great signing. Evans is increasingly showing that he's not up to it, and with plenty of other clubs sniffing around him, Ferguson is likely to be picking him up now with an eye on the future - Jones and Smalling eventually succeeding Rio and Vidic at the back.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 17
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 7:09:37 PM   
Rinc

quote:

quote:

quote:

£13m + Ngog

So £13 Million then?

Or £7m if we're to believe the £20m tag Sky are (mis)reporting...

FSG net spend so far Carroll £35m + Suarez £22m + Henderson £13m - Torres £50m - Babel £7m - Ngog £(?) = £13m

More to come...

The total deal for Henderson is worth £20m though. We're paying them £13m plus Ngog so it isn't us paying them £13m and them paying us £7m.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 18
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 7:11:15 PM   
JIm R

How Ngog is valued at 7 million I'll never know.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 19
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 7:25:42 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Like I said in the Utd thread, I'm chuffed with Jones, great prospect.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 20
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 7:58:22 PM   
directorscut

My sympathies to Sunderland fans.

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 21
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 8:27:13 PM   
Rinc

Ngog is a good player and he'll do well for Sunderland. Unfortunately for us he was too often played up front on his own, was isolated and then when Kenny came in he was barely used.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 22
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 8:38:06 PM   
directorscut

You're his agent, aren't you?

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 23
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 9:47:18 PM   
Rinc

Yes and everytime you mention him you owe us £10.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 24
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 9:54:35 PM   
directorscut

Every time he scores I get £10,000.

I'm skint.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 25
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 8/6/2011 10:22:46 PM   
LB Jeffries

Henderson has gone for £16m upfront. Ngog has nothing to do with the Henderson deal and his move to Sunderland is said to be stalling over wage demands.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

Post #: 26
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 9/6/2011 3:03:03 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I saw in the ManU thread a link to the interview with Tevez, who apparently has proclaimed he won't be coming back to Manchester, even to visit.

Now I've not got a lot of time for Tevez, He obviously likes to move around. The idea that he's suddenly found Manchester a terrible place to live after transferring from Utd to City is laughable at best.

But it gets me thinking. He's practically priced himself out of any club being able to buy him from City and he says he's not going back. So what would happen there. I'm guessing if he really does refuse to return City can sue him for breach of contract, which would be one hell of a law suit.

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 27
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 9/6/2011 4:35:25 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I saw in the ManU thread a link to the interview with Tevez, who apparently has proclaimed he won't be coming back to Manchester, even to visit.

Now I've not got a lot of time for Tevez, He obviously likes to move around. The idea that he's suddenly found Manchester a terrible place to live after transferring from Utd to City is laughable at best.

But it gets me thinking. He's practically priced himself out of any club being able to buy him from City and he says he's not going back. So what would happen there. I'm guessing if he really does refuse to return City can sue him for breach of contract, which would be one hell of a law suit.

The big issue with him saying he wants a move is based on him not seeing his children and wife back in South America and he wants to be closer to them etc., is the solution not for them to move to the UK and integrate here.

Back to PM's raised point, I agree, surely having lived in the North-West and Manchester for a while now, he'd have picked up on the fact that it rains a fair bit 

My view it's a fantastic city, he should love it.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 28
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 11/6/2011 11:24:17 AM   
gazpop

It's cos he's banned from both The Queen of Tarts AND Jabba's Clegg. He'll come back to City, put his kids through Gorton primary school, score a hatful of goals, change nationalities to English and go on to manage them. AND England winning us 3 world cups.....as player manager! Either that or he'll be in La Liga or Serie A innit?
I'm not sure if Mancini is a great man-manager (although Capello makes him look like Ferguson, Clough and Bobby all rolled in one) but I don't think either parties did themselves too many favours last year. He is such a good player but he seems to have itchy feet. I do too. But mine aren't worth 35 mill. Any more rumours about where he'll be next year? As for Man U (boo), Ferguson seems to have done it again with Jones and Smalling, future of Man U's backline for 10 years to come. Git. Henderson will have to be turned into a full scale winger for us. Mainly as we don't really have any. Poor old Dirky Dirk; never thought he'd have to run like a loon for us, season after season I bet. Maybe Park JS can slip him some of that special eastern potion he must have a supply of.....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 29
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 14/6/2011 2:41:25 PM   
Goodfella

We've made three signings so far this summer. Goalkeeper John Sullivan, who we had on loan from Millwall for the last couple of months last season, has signed permenantly to replace Ross Worner who has been released, rather inexplicable that one for me since I was impressed with Worner last season and I don't see Sullivan as a better option, it seems to be just a straight swap. Don't know about Rob Elliot's future to be honest, he's been linked with West Ham and Newcastle and I think he only has a year left on his contract so his future seems a bit uncertain but that's one we'll have to wait and see what happens further on in the summer.

We've also picked up Danny Hollands as a free agent from Bournemouth. He seemed to play a pretty big part for them last season although the arrival of another two central midfielders suggests Therry Racon may be off this summer which is disappointing. We've also signed Bradley Pritchard from Hayes and Yeading (no idea!), that's our second signing from the non-league in four seasons and the previous two, Chris Dickson and the forementioned Worner, only managed a handful of games between them so I do wonder whether Pritchard will still be with us next season. According to Powell he's "at the right point to make the next step in his career and we're here to help him with that." Well given we've just had another utter failure of the season, I'm not over the moon to see us dunking ourselves into the business of granting unproven players a contract to give them a shot at the big time. We need to sign proven League One players, like Hollands, and blood some of our own highly-rated youth (like we did last season with Jenkinson) than be signing players we'll be shipping out on loan come Novemeber, still paying their wages and then releasing them this time next year.

Paul Hart has come on board as academy director and Jeff Vetre has arrived from Aston Villa as technical director. Peter Varney has also come out and claimed the club was "perilously close to adminstration" last season before he came on board with new owners Tony Jiminez and Michael Slater. Rather concerning though that Slater feels there's "no pressure" on to win promotion again next season, that absolutely has to be the target and if he's serious about "being the chairman of a premier division club for at least one season" in his career then he will know that's the case. I think whilst Varney pushed the takeover through, it was also his decision, along with Richard Murray, to appoint Iain Dowie and then Les Reed and then Alan Pardew in charge that led us down the slippery slope that has lead us to where we are now.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Summer Transfers 2011/12 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI