Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ban it!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Ban it! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ban it! - 7/6/2011 9:15:24 PM   
Notmyrealusername

the most delicious part of this whole debate is that total film have gotton on their high horse about how theyre not fans of censorship, yet any swear words posted in their comments section are automatically changed to asterixs.

total film - for those occasions when the shop at the train stations run out of empire
Post #: 181
RE: - 7/6/2011 10:02:31 PM   
Deviation

I love this thread SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates
Post #: 182
RE: RE: - 7/6/2011 10:07:42 PM   
superdan

I'm starting to think that instead of slagging them off, Tom Six should be buying the BBFC a Marks & Spencers hamper, or at least a big bouquet of flowers and some All Gold. If it wasn't for them no-one would be talking about his probably-piece-of-shit movie.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 183
RE: RE: - 7/6/2011 10:15:04 PM   
Deviation

He never called his film art. Also, I want to watch it now, just to be called a dick for simply watching it. 

< Message edited by Deviation -- 7/6/2011 10:36:59 PM >

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 184
RE: Ego Trip - 7/6/2011 10:30:30 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

ORIGINAL: gorshkov

He's obviously got the attention he's wanted and all the better he's managed to make himself a victim of circumstance. But as a wannabe filmmaker i don't feel all that much remorse. All he's "achieved" is put stuff on screen that's more disgusting than anything else prior to it, which he's obviously proud of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an1H_XH9XIg&feature=player_embedded (ego trip)

That video is from 2010 (as it says just below the clip).
And yet again, what are the Saw films... lovely fluffy bundles of joy??????????

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "
Post #: 185
RE: RE: - 7/6/2011 10:50:25 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

This ^

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 186
RE: Ego Trip - 7/6/2011 10:50:33 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

He's obviously got the attention he's wanted and all the better he's managed to make himself a victim of circumstance. But as a wannabe filmmaker i don't feel all that much remorse. All he's "achieved" is put stuff on screen that's more disgusting than anything else prior to it, which he's obviously proud of:

Plus, his film was quite tame.

And yes, Saw were lovely fluffy bundles of joy? Didn't you see the pig bit in Saw 3? How I laughed.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Rockin Ricky Rialto)
Post #: 187
RE: Ego Trip - 7/6/2011 11:18:13 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

quote:

quote:

Plus, his film was quite tame.

And yes, Saw were lovely fluffy bundles of joy? Didn't you see the pig bit in Saw 3? How I laughed.

Oh for me the happy was brought in when that lovely young fellow was twisting around

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 188
RE: Ego Trip - 7/6/2011 11:48:32 PM   
NadaPlissken

Down with this sort of thing.

< Message edited by NadaPlissken -- 7/6/2011 11:50:27 PM >

Ross Kemp invented Spain.

Post #: 189
RE: Ego Trip - 8/6/2011 3:43:01 AM   
gorshkov

quote:

quote:

I dunno what the date has to do with anything...? and i'm not saying that it is neccessarily so much worse than other films, like saw and hostel (i did say that it probably doesn't deserve to be withdrawn). i just don't feel all that much sympathy for a shoddy filmmaker making a career by helping to dumb down the horror genre, which is exactly what he's doing. hell, he's practically boasting about it in that video.

Post #: 190
RE: Ego Trip - 8/6/2011 10:22:18 AM   
AyannaNyx

quote:

ORIGINAL: NadaPlissken

Down with this sort of thing.

Careful now

(in reply to NadaPlissken)
Post #: 191
RE: Ego Trip - 8/6/2011 10:32:48 AM   
neopol

This is clearly the beginning of  new wave of "video nasties". It was only matter of time before the boundaries were pushed even further. But I would be interested to see whether the reviewers and movie buffs who fought to get these out in the 80's, make of these films?

Visit my movie blog, nEoFILM @ http://neofilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to AyannaNyx)
Post #: 192
RE: Ego Trip - 8/6/2011 12:46:37 PM   
sillitoechris

i'm not saying that it is neccessarily so much worse than other films, like saw and hostel (i did say that it probably doesn't deserve to be withdrawn). ...............................

the thing is - it clearly (according to the BBFC) IS a lot worse than these films and does need to be removed ....

I havent seen any of the saw films all the way thru - this genre doesnt appeal to me (i have seen hostel tho - so I can get the jist)

its the rule of more more more - more blood, more gore, more depravity .... and anyone not cool enough to laugh along with it is labelled a prude

its the cinemtaic equivalent of 2 girls one cup!

(in reply to neopol)
Post #: 193
RE: RE: - 8/6/2011 12:46:55 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

He never called his film art.

Don't mean to niggle, but he actually did call his film art. It was the quote "It is art" that gave it away

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 194
RE: Ego Trip - 8/6/2011 12:51:54 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillitoechris

i'm not saying that it is neccessarily so much worse than other films, like saw and hostel (i did say that it probably doesn't deserve to be withdrawn). ...............................

the thing is - it clearly (according to the BBFC) IS a lot worse than these films and does need to be removed ....

I havent seen any of the saw films all the way thru - this genre doesnt appeal to me (i have seen hostel tho - so I can get the jist)

its the rule of more more more - more blood, more gore, more depravity .... and anyone not cool enough to laugh along with it is labelled a prude

Or blue waffle...*shudders*

Agree with you. Hate being labelled a Daily Mail reader or a prude just because I don't want to watch someone get brutally raped.

Call me a boring bastard if you want but the idea of watching (or the idea that my young son could watch through the internet) someone wrap barbed wire round his knob and bugger someone with it whilst someone shits in their mouth just doesn't appeal. Maybe it was my up bringing?!

Where do we draw the line?? Gary Glitter The Movie??

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to sillitoechris)
Post #: 195
Why censorship is needed - 8/6/2011 4:01:08 PM   
SilentJimbo

Some people have tried arguing how the BBFC can determine whether a film is suitable for them.
But how can you determine if a film is suitable for you?
Watch it yourself?
But if you do that and it turns out the film wasn't suitable...too late, you've just watched a film you determined not suitable for yourself.
Hence, we need something like the BBFC to give us some guidelines.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 196
RE: Banned? -_- pffft! - 8/6/2011 4:08:09 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Notmyrealusername

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Just reading some of the above you would think the Daily Mail readership had hijacked this thread.

wow, what an oversimplified generic statement. but then it is much easier to belittle those who agree with the BBFC decision by insinuating theyre conservative prudes.

From what the BBFC said it didnt just not meet their guidelines, they actually think it may be obscene.

Yes thats right....a film that can be classified as obscene in 2011. This coming from the BBFC who have passed such titles as "anal latex whores" "puke and dump on me" and "leather bound dykes from hell"

And the art question is also nonsense. They intentionally made the most disgusting movie they could think of, with no artistic intent or purpose greater than a calculated attempt to make as much money as possible from the depiction of graphic sustained sexual violence. And to think people will defend this bullshit as his right to make art is so retarded it makes me want to vomit. If hes truly dedicated to his "art" then make sure all the worldwide profits from the film go to charites that help those affected by sexual violence. Oh no he wont do that because the guys an ass and those that defend his right to make such rubbish because its "art" are asses too

I think we should bow to your superior knowledge on this one as it appears you've not only seen the film but were at the edit, present during filming and sitting on Tom Six's shoulder when he wrote the script.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Notmyrealusername)
Post #: 197
RE: Crimes against grammar - 8/6/2011 4:46:35 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: BADWOLF

He should have all future films banned for saying "AN horrific film". Plus, THC was a horrible exercise in disgusting the audience. THC2 sounds even worse. There really is no need to plumb those depths. Civilized society needs standards, and these fall way short.

You're not trying to criticise his perfectly correct use of the Englsh language are you?

< Message edited by Discodez -- 8/6/2011 4:49:50 PM >
Post #: 198
RE: RE: - 8/6/2011 5:20:53 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I've been whacking off over this thread. With barb wire wrapped around my schlong.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 199
RE: RE: - 8/6/2011 5:28:00 PM   
BoDixen

In Denmark we have a ratings system, not censorship.

However we do have distributers and exhibitors who decide which movies goes in theaters and ends up on DVDs etc. We are a smaller market so some untransparent censorship could be going on.

But then again could we actually censor anything in the country of Muhammed cartoons.

Wil Wheaton: Goonies never say die.
Audience: You just did.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 200
RE: RE: - 8/6/2011 11:21:53 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoDixen

However we do have distributers and exhibitors who decide which movies goes in theaters and ends up on DVDs etc. We are a smaller market so some untransparent censorship could be going on.

But then again could we actually censor anything in the country of Muhammed cartoons.

Snap. The BBFC haven't censored anything, they've ruled it uncertifiable. The BBFC are not censors, they are a classification board.

(in reply to BoDixen)
Post #: 201
RE: Ego Trip - 8/6/2011 11:37:41 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillitoechris

Or blue waffle...*shudders*

Agree with you. Hate being labelled a Daily Mail reader or a prude just because I don't want to watch someone get brutally raped.

Call me a boring bastard if you want but the idea of watching (or the idea that my young son could watch through the internet) someone wrap barbed wire round his knob and bugger someone with it whilst someone shits in their mouth just doesn't appeal. Maybe it was my up bringing?!

Where do we draw the line?? Gary Glitter The Movie??

Completely agree with these posts. I shall state now that I do not like horror/slasher films, so I would not have gone to see this film anyway. But this whole debate of, 'Well if you agree with the censorship of this film then you're a Daily Heil reading bastard' - seriously?! I'm a frigging liberal, but there are standards and this film sinks well below them. And by banning THC II it's not like we'll be missing out on a brilliantly acted, well-written plot anyway.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 202
RE: Ego Trip - 9/6/2011 1:54:48 AM   
Spaldron

Interesting article in The Guardian.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 9/6/2011 1:55:09 AM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 203
RE: Ego Trip - 9/6/2011 10:08:59 AM   
jobloffski

I was with him until he suggested giving it the 18R and making it available only through Licensed sex shops, which may, just may have been the very best way of causing the film to have whatever effects the BBFC seems to have been afraid of, if the film then seems to be available where you buy wanking material to suit your tastes...Hell, make that the plot for HC3...man wanks over a film of a man wanking over a film

Pretentious mode: I think I can actually see the artistic intent behind HC2. The second film is the second in the caterpillar line, and what it 'wants the viewer to swallow' is the film equivalent of what the second in the line would get to swallow in the first film. And I guess Mr Mix isn't above, beyond or below taking that metaphor further in the exact way I just tried to joke about, with HC3 being the third in the caterpillar line, more extreme content than before, with life imitating art imitating life etc. Now I'd better shut up before someone decides to sew my mouth to my you know what.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/6/2011 10:17:17 AM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 204
RE: Ego Trip - 9/6/2011 10:28:14 AM   
jobloffski

Perhaps the BBFC should revise their statement to:

The film did not make us want to masturbate, but it made us think (and shudder at the thought) that there may be people walking around who would want to masturbate to it. Such people (who we would not want to meet and sincerely hope we don't already know) can still get hold of the film from somewhere else in the world. Although we cannot stop that happening, we have saved ourselves being subjected to an insane amount of press malarkey over 'how depraved the BBFC has become' and countless letters of complaint accusing us of not only condoning masturbating over the film, but also of probably having had the odd fist roger over it ourselves. Frankly we can do without that shit. We would invite the director to kiss our collective arse, but having seen his films, and what mouths and arses go through in them, we prefer not to extend such an invitation.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/6/2011 10:50:59 AM >

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 205
RE: Ego Trip - 9/6/2011 12:17:00 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

And by banning THC II it's not like we'll be missing out on a brilliantly acted, well-written plot anyway.

How do you know?

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 206
RE: Ego Trip - 9/6/2011 12:25:53 PM   
shatnerhamster

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Perhaps the BBFC should revise their statement to:

The film did not make us want to masturbate, but it made us think (and shudder at the thought) that there may be people walking around who would want to masturbate to it. Such people (who we would not want to meet and sincerely hope we don't already know) can still get hold of the film from somewhere else in the world. Although we cannot stop that happening, we have saved ourselves being subjected to an insane amount of press malarkey over 'how depraved the BBFC has become' and countless letters of complaint accusing us of not only condoning masturbating over the film, but also of probably having had the odd fist roger over it ourselves. Frankly we can do without that shit. We would invite the director to kiss our collective arse, but having seen his films, and what mouths and arses go through in them, we prefer not to extend such an invitation.

Your logic is faulty. You're implying that the BBFC are God-like beings who are above us mere mortals, and that they censor and ban films based on their low opinions of the general public. In essence, the old 'I wasn't corrupted by watching this film, but your working class types clearly would be'.
The BBFC of today is far more enlightened and politically correct than that. What they're actually saying with this ban is 'This film caused us to masturbate like a bunch of chimps, so it's clearly unsuitable for general release'. It's the only logical explanation.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 207
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 9/6/2011 12:44:56 PM   
tigers1904

bbfc hardly cut out anything these days!!

Post #: 208
RE: RE: - 9/6/2011 1:52:38 PM   
BoDixen

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoDixen

Snap. The BBFC haven't censored anything, they've ruled it uncertifiable. The BBFC are not censors, they are a classification board.

Isn't it semantics?

In essence it's censorship. They can suggest cuts so certain classifications apply to the creators and they can refuse to classify so you can't buy it in stores.

In Denmark thats just not possible. Anything can be released and sold with or without rating and not everything gets rated (depending on audience size not content) - it's just guidance and consumer information.

While I applaud the transparecy at least in BBFC it's de facto censorship just voluntary. It's not hard censorship by any means, but you won't see the same cuts in Denmark or DVD's not getting a classification and therefore not in stores.

We have 2 banned movies according to wikipedia (citation needed) and they are very old. One weird one I don't know about from 1937 and funnily enough The Ten Commandments (1956) the Charlton Heston one. They pretty much are unbanned now.

Wil Wheaton: Goonies never say die.
Audience: You just did.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 209
RE: RE: - 9/6/2011 2:58:20 PM   
alsybroth

I'm amazed people are getting riled up over the banning of this film. Take China; I remember reading about the films made in their own native country were banned and the filmmakers restricted from working for years because those films conflicted with their political agendas. The banning of films like those should always be criticized, most of them are truly about something and have artistic merit. Whereas The Human Centipede 2 is about a psycho who sexually degrades and tortures innocent victims for the whole duration of the film. Yeah, really something to get up in arms about isn't it?
So go ahead and import the film if you want, just be glad you CAN do that here unlike in Australia whose border customs would seize its arrival and slap you with a heavy fine or worse yet even maybe prosecute the sellers and buyers. Just think about that.

PS: If you truly, actually wanna see this film not because of some futile anti-censorship statement that no-one other than your bedroom mirror reflection is paying attention to but because you actually consider films like these entertainment. Admit it, you must be a bit of a cunt really. Just saying.

< Message edited by alsybroth -- 9/6/2011 3:11:27 PM >

(in reply to BoDixen)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Ban it! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI