Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:25:18 PM   
Epiphany Demon

I don't get why it should be banned. If people wanna watch it, they should watch it. If they make a decision themselves that it's depraved, then they can watch something else. I'm all for free speech or whatever the equivalent is now.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 91
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:26:43 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

As for the rejection - I wonder if there are any cuts to be made, or is the whole piece simply not passable?

No, there's no cuts because its the core story. Unable to find trims or cuts for them to go back and tone it down.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 92
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:27:19 PM   
sidecarsally

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

I don't get why it should be banned. If people wanna watch it, they should watch it. If they make a decision themselves that it's depraved, then they can watch something else. I'm all for free speech or whatever the equivalent is now.

Amen brotha! We gotta protect people but I think ACTUAL CRIMINALS are far more dangerous than this movie.

Edit - please don't advertise personal blogs/websites in posts.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 6/6/2011 9:30:28 PM >

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 93
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:27:38 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

*cough* import it *cough*

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Post #: 94
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:32:07 PM   
Ulmaceae

quote:

ORIGINAL: Notmyrealusername

quote:

ORIGINAL: sidecarsally

Does everyone in the UK suck?

if your point was that people in countries with little censorship turn out to be jerks, then youve proved it well.

Maybe if your country also censored sustained sexual violence you may have turned out to be a more decent human being

Best. Comeback. Ever.

Andy, Bristol
Thankyou for not mentioning Dutch Elm disease

(in reply to Notmyrealusername)
Post #: 95
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:33:33 PM   
vinchenzo19

I saw the first one a while ago on UK tv and it obviously was a nasty film but the acting was FAR worse!

This Director is just looking for a reaction. There really is no place in film for this kind of rubbish.
Some people on here are joking about rape etc need their heads checking.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 96
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:34:07 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

I don't want to watch it. I should just be given the choice to without having to resort to importing it. What's the point of putting restrictions on it if I can get hold of it somehow?

Human Centipede II: The New War On Drugs Debate

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 97
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:34:58 PM   
Deviation

quote:

I did. They said I was not capable of raping someone which left me rather disillusioned.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to vinchenzo19)
Post #: 98
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:35:43 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinchenzo19

It's not rape if they don't exist.

Post #: 99
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:36:30 PM   
elab49

Oddly, not that amusing Dev. And this is a Movie News discussion thread - not Off Topic.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 100
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:37:04 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinchenzo19

Not as much as the guy in A Serbian Film who got his head raped.

Post #: 101
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:40:19 PM   
Rgirvan44

I believe that this thread contains the answer to the question of what sort of people would watch this film. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 102
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:40:26 PM   
Epiphany Demon

You're on fire superdan, you're on fire.

Tenuously keeping this on topic, what else has been banned in this country recently? I just think its mad in this day and age they even bother.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 103
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:41:59 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Oddly, not that amusing Dev. And this is a Movie News discussion thread - not Off Topic.

Tbh, his comment wasn't truly amusing either and this thread derailed itself a long time ago. Don't worry though, I get the hint.

quote:

Not as much as the guy in A Serbian Film who got his head raped.

quote:

Tenuously keeping this on topic, what else has been banned in this country recently? I just think its mad in this day and age they even bother.

If I remember well there was a Japanese film called Grotesque that got banned recently as well.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 104
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:43:05 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Japan eh? Almost as bad as Canada.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 105
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:44:16 PM   
superdan

quote:

I said something similar upthread (when it was still relatively sane). I just can't see, given how easy it is to get hold of 'banned' films, why they would refuse to certificate something that wasn't flat-out illegal.

Post #: 106
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:45:17 PM   
Deviation

Keep this thread on topic. 

quote:

quote:

Post #: 107
RE: - 6/6/2011 9:47:21 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: UnderTheLights

Aaaaaand the BBFC are playing right into the hands of this films moronic director. This is exactly what he wants people. Like all children, the best way to deal with him is to just ignore him until be gets bored and plays somewhere else.

You say that, but what if the somewhere else is another person's rectum? How do you justify that?

Post #: 108
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:49:03 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I believe that this thread contains the answer to the question of what sort of people would watch this film. 

I don't think I could watch Human Centipede 2. I've seen some fairly messed up films in my life but sexual violence really bothers me.

I don't want to judge the film without having seen it, but if the BBFC saw fit not to give it a certificate, then it must be pretty explicit

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 109
RE: RE: - 6/6/2011 9:49:47 PM   
elab49

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_films#United_Kingdom

It looks pretty rare, Epiphany Demon. There will be a heck of a lot more with cuts (and some without because the makers send a precut submission for certification).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 110
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:50:28 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I said something similar upthread (when it was still relatively sane). I just can't see, given how easy it is to get hold of 'banned' films, why they would refuse to certificate something that wasn't flat-out illegal.

I kinda agree with this. Just one search in certain sites and I've already found various copies of Grotesque and the uncut version of A Serbian Film.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 111
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 9:51:24 PM   
Notmyrealusername

I think the BBFC have a responsibility not to allow the widespread release of a movie where sexual violence is so thoroughly integral to the plot that even editing cant make it acceptable.

I also dont think that watching the movie will make anyone go out and immediately repeat such acts. However I think the film would contribute to a slow dripping effect. Whereby movies that depict graphic and sustained sexual violence causes a desensitization to such acts.

And after a few years of being desensitized to it, some disturbed individuals may be tipped over the edge into thinking its ok to do such things.

But ive often been of the belief that movies dont make psychos. But psychos seek out media to reinforce their perverted world view.

So violent people are more likely to seek out violent movies. Which in turn makes them believe that such acts are acceptable.

So the film wont magically make people perverts, but for those on the edge and in need of validation of their warped world view i think the film could help persuade them to make their fantasies into reality.

And while they can always go on the net to find stuff to feed their fantasies, the BBFC has a responsibility to ensure that such depictions of sexual violence and cruelty arent officially endorsed or allowed into a decent society.

< Message edited by Notmyrealusername -- 6/6/2011 9:55:43 PM >

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 112
RE: RE: - 6/6/2011 9:55:16 PM   
Deviation

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_films#United_Kingdom

It looks pretty rare, Epiphany Demon. There will be a heck of a lot more with cuts (and some without because the makers send a precut submission for certification).

Fair enough on why it banned Mikey, but keeping is banned it really quite odd.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 6/6/2011 9:56:05 PM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 113
RE: RE: - 6/6/2011 10:02:32 PM   
elab49

Perhaps it's something specific in the content? Particularly as children are the go-to villain for half the horrors these days.

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 114
RE: RE: - 6/6/2011 10:02:40 PM   
MonsterCat

It's hard to believe that Texas Chainsaw was ever banned. It's one of the least violent slasher/horror movies you will ever see.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 6/6/2011 10:04:46 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 115
RE: RE: - 6/6/2011 10:05:05 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Saying that I believe in free will and stuff, what's this programme on telly when they get their cocks out live on telly? They should ban that. I was eating a tomato the other day and flicking through the channels when I saw some god-awful penis that had what looked like Dev's tongue on the side of it. It was almost enough to stop me masturbating.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 116
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 10:11:49 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

I don't want to watch it. I should just be given the choice to without having to resort to importing it. What's the point of putting restrictions on it if I can get hold of it somehow?

Human Centipede II: The New War On Drugs Debate

Because those who want to see it, nowdays can. But...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Notmyrealusername

I think the BBFC have a responsibility not to allow the widespread release of a movie where sexual violence is so thoroughly integral to the plot that even editing cant make it acceptable.

I also dont think that watching the movie will make anyone go out and immediately repeat such acts. However I think the film would contribute to a slow dripping effect. Whereby movies that depict graphic and sustained sexual violence causes a desensitization to such acts.

And after a few years of being desensitized to it, some disturbed individuals may be tipped over the edge into thinking its ok to do such things.

But ive often been of the belief that movies dont make psychos. But psychos seek out media to reinforce their perverted world view.

So violent people are more likely to seek out violent movies. Which in turn makes them believe that such acts are acceptable.

So the film wont magically make people perverts, but for those on the edge and in need of validation of their warped world view i think the film could help persuade them to make their fantasies into reality.

And while they can always go on the net to find stuff to feed their fantasies, the BBFC has a responsibility to ensure that such depictions of sexual violence and cruelty arent officially endorsed or allowed into a decent society.

Which is s basically saying...Of course you'll be able to get it some how but not down the local Tesco's in the the 3 for 2 offer on blu-rays when you're going for a pint of milk...

Im all for having the right to view whatever I want etc...but as with anything, you've got to have boundries in place which is the same for pretty much everything in life. Im sure you COULD swear like a trooper at work in front of customers for example...but there's plenty of boundries and social aspects/reactions that stop you so you do it away from public view etc.

Bad example, but an example none the less.

No one's seen the film either so no one can have a go at whether it should be banned or not. It has been, they've said why, seems like a fair judgement on their criteria. Move on.

Post #: 117
RE: RE: - 6/6/2011 10:18:10 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

Perhaps it's something specific in the content? Particularly as children are the go-to villain for half the horrors these days.

True. People are banging on about A Serbian Film. While it is schlocky and sexually violent...the undertone and theme of that film is supposidly to represent the atrocities that happened in Serbia during the war. That angle is apparent and open in the film so while it had cuts and censored scenes, those cuts didnt take away from the core of its story.

Dont know much about this film, but by the sounds of it and other films such as Murder Set Pieces...it has none of these underlying tones or themes but is just out to shock. Which is fair enough. You take a certificate or dont with that and move along.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

It's hard to believe that Texas Chainsaw was ever banned. It's one of the least violent slasher/horror movies you will ever see.

Its content and tone...and TCM was banned in the hysteria of banning things and wasnt re-submitted for ages to get a release. Its hard for people to have passed out during The Exorcist...but it happened for eg. Different era when that stuff wasnt really available as it is now.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 118
RE: Forced Defecation?? - 6/6/2011 10:22:46 PM   
elab49

I thought the MPAA was completely non-transparent in its rulings/decision unlike the BBFC? And that films still get butchered to avoid the commercial death of a dodgy rating?

quote:

And yet there hasn't been any such censorship in the US in about 40 years

One can only assume complete avoidance of all news media. The US fines networks and scares the hell out of broadcasters because Janet Jackson has a costume 'slip-up'. Very liberal

The US seems to deal with things in a far more underhand manner. Good example - Battle Royale. It's not actually banned - but it might as well have been.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 6/6/2011 10:24:43 PM >

quote:

Post #: 119
RE: Forced Defecation?? - 6/6/2011 10:23:42 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: benskelly

That's brand new right there. LOL. That's something they cut of "Singin' In The Rain"....

But seriously, isn't it silly that such censorship exists in the UK in 2011? Don't rate it, don't put in any big theatre chains, but making it illegal to own?? Really?? I thought you guys were so liberal and enlightened and America was full of backwards religious freaks and puritans. And yet there hasn't been any such censorship in the US in about 40 years.

How does that work?

Difference with us is that, to be blunt...sex and sexuality is fine. Violence has its limits.

The US...Violence is perfectly fine. Sex isnt as much.

While we have clear guidelines...yours is muddled.

Oh and we can say "cunt" on TV without paying subscription fees for cable shows.

< Message edited by kenada_woo -- 6/6/2011 10:25:57 PM >

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI