Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:20:08 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sidecarsally

Does everyone in the UK suck?

Isn't there anyone to stand up for creative expression and anti-censorship? Or are you all really just a bunch of overgrown children?

Doesn't ANYONE have enough personal strength to say "Hey, I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't be watching"????

I'm sad for you guys. Not really though. I think it's pathetic. I'm so grateful that my ancestors moved out the of UK before it was the UK.

Are you 12 or something?

If you had any sense, that old "Hey, I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't be watching" is a very flat and basic argument.

They're not telling you, you shouldn't watch it. They're saying, you're not going to be able to go down to your local Asda and pick it up for a tenner backed up by a good clear points as to why.

And in all honesty...they havent banned the film. They just havent given it certificate.

You'll still be able to import it freely. But oh, you live in Canada....so I dont see your problem with all this...

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to sidecarsally)
Post #: 31
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:24:09 PM   
superdan

Lol at the direction this thread is taking.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 32
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:25:29 PM   
Notmyrealusername

quote:

if your point was that people in countries with little censorship turn out to be jerks, then youve proved it well.

Maybe if your country also censored sustained sexual violence you may have turned out to be a more decent human being

Post #: 33
RE: re: Video nasties - 6/6/2011 8:26:31 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Loosecrew

The funny thing is that back in 70s/80s the 'video nasties' weren't that nasty. Jake West's documentary is well worth checking out. As for HC2 it just sounds unpleasant for the sake of being unpleasant which is a shame because I thought the first film was really well done and the guy playing the mad scientist was well chosen. Pity.

But aren't the Saw films unpleasant for the sake of being unpleasant!? and yet they gross (heehee pun intended) millions of pounds and have a great advertising team.

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "
Post #: 34
Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:29:01 PM   
Macavity

I think some folk are missing the point that the BBFC were making. It is not the acts in the film themselves that have led to the film being banned- rather HOW they are shown. I get the impression that the BBFC feel that HC2 sexualises the sadistic acts and presents them in a possibly passable 'are you getting off on this?' light.

I remember there being an issue with Rambo where they felt that the filmmakers were actively encouraging the audience's bloodlust. A good thing? Really?

I concur with most though that none of this actually matters as the film's blatently destined for torrent afterlife.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 35
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:31:28 PM   
Deviation

This thread..........oh lord..........

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 36
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:33:14 PM   
Notmyrealusername

the bbfc has always disliked sexual violence.

i bet the film would have passed uncut had there not been a sexual element to the violent acts

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 37
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:33:51 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Its brilliant...

Im surprised you're not all over it haha

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 38
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:35:39 PM   
MonsterCat

Yeah, where's Rgirvan when you need him?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 6/6/2011 8:36:25 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 39
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:35:53 PM   
sidecarsally

quote:

Are you 12 or something?

Are you [edit: we don't use that word round here] or something? :P

quote:

If you had any sense, that old "Hey, I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't be watching" is a very flat and basic argument.

It's a very flat and basic argument to want the freedom to watch any movie?!!?!? That was the most libery-hating garbage I've ever read. I seriously can't even believe that humans like you exist in the modern world -- that is, people who hold such idiotic beliefs but still possess the intelligence to use an internet forum and infect us with their stupidity

quote:

They're not telling you, you shouldn't watch it. They're saying, you're not going to be able to go down to your local Asda and pick it up for a tenner backed up by a good clear points as to why.

They're preventing the mass public from legally accessing it. How is that NOT telling you that you shouldn't watch it? Once again, you're too ignorant to see it's the same thing, but NOT too stupid to use the internet. Fascinating.

quote:

And in all honesty...they havent banned the film. They just havent given it certificate.

Banned, rejected, exiled... it's all pretty much the same thing. Bottom line, they don't you to see the movie.

quote:

You'll still be able to import it freely. But oh, you live in Canada....so I dont see your problem with all this..

My problem is that if I ever want to visit England, I don't want to run into a wanker like you.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 6/6/2011 9:11:20 PM >

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 40
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:36:58 PM   
MrsLebowski

Re-reading the press release I think the BBFC made this decision on the basis of what they felt would be (un)acceptable to the British public. And based on the responses on this forum, I think they might've got it right.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 41
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:37:27 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Notmyrealusername

the bbfc has always disliked sexual violence.

i bet the film would have passed uncut had there not been a sexual element to the violent acts

And thank god they took out the gang bang scene in Happy Feet 

(in reply to Notmyrealusername)
Post #: 42
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:38:04 PM   
MonsterCat

You're from Canada, right? I thought Canadians were supposed to be super-polite and unassuming.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 43
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:38:11 PM   
sidecarsally

quote:

ORIGINAL: Notmyrealusername

if your point was that people in countries with little censorship turn out to be jerks, then youve proved it well.

Maybe if your country also censored sustained sexual violence you may have turned out to be a more decent human being

I've never raped or abused a woman, but I agree with your first sentence -- HOWEVER.. I'd rather be a jerk than a sheltered pussy with bad teeth.

Post #: 44
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:38:32 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

Are you 12 or something?

Are you retarded or something? :P

quote:

It's a very flat and basic argument to want the freedom to watch any movie?!!?!? That was the most libery-hating garbage I've ever read. I seriously can't even believe that humans like you exist in the modern world -- that is, people who hold such idiotic beliefs but still possess the intelligence to use an internet forum and infect us with their stupidity

quote:

They're preventing the mass public from legally accessing it. How is that NOT telling you that you shouldn't watch it? Once again, you're too ignorant to see it's the same thing, but NOT too stupid to use the internet. Fascinating.

quote:

Banned, rejected, exiled... it's all pretty much the same thing. Bottom line, they don't you to see the movie.

quote:

You'll still be able to import it freely. But oh, you live in Canada....so I dont see your problem with all this..

My problem is that if I ever want to visit England, I don't want to run into a wanker like you.

[image]http://th812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/sydneylj/th_2iv1xya.gif[/image]

< Message edited by kenada_woo -- 6/6/2011 8:46:06 PM >

Post #: 45
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:39:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

sidecarsally - you are a delight.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rockin Ricky Rialto)
Post #: 46
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:40:36 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

quote:

Are you 12 or something?

Are you retarded or something? :P

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha brilliant, and there was me thinking this site was pretty grown up

Post #: 47
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:42:16 PM   
sidecarsally

LOL thanks ;P

I've totally been trolling you guys for a little bit now.

The best explanation I can give for all this is that I'm a super bored American writer living in Canada.

I'm sure England is great and YES, I know you guys have had dental care for 9 years now.

No hard feelings :D

Edit: I am gonna watch the fuck out of this movie though, and masturbate to it, and maybe even try to make my own human centipede.

< Message edited by sidecarsally -- 6/6/2011 8:43:18 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 48
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:43:06 PM   
Rgirvan44

Boy do I feel stupid now.

Hope you are doing well!

*waves hello!*

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 49
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:43:07 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

Its brilliant...

Im surprised you're not all over it haha

A Serbian Film took away my will to argue. It didn't help that it just wasn't a good film (saw the Uncut version, see, banning it did nothing).

On a separate note, LOL HE SAID THE R-WORD.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 50
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:44:17 PM   
MonsterCat

If sidecar sally had bothered to do her research, she'll find that the BBFC are actually very relaxed when it comes to screen violence. These days you have to push really, really hard to get an uncut 18 rating.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Rockin Ricky Rialto)
Post #: 51
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:44:19 PM   
Notmyrealusername

quote:

I'd rather be a jerk than a sheltered pussy with bad teeth.

but youre canadian arent you?

erm...what exactly has canada ever achieved?

Im british. We happen to be good at winning world wars and ruling half the planet.

What are canadians good for apart from f**king mooses?

Post #: 52
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:44:33 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

Isn't there anyone to stand up for creative expression and anti-censorship? Or are you all really just a bunch of overgrown children?

Doesn't ANYONE have enough personal strength to say "Hey, I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't be watching"????

I'm sad for you guys. Not really though. I think it's pathetic. I'm so grateful that my ancestors moved out the of UK before it was the UK.

Aren't we all?

I'm far from being a prude or pro-censorship but this film really does sound downright revolting.  I never bothered with the first Human Centipede as the idea of people being stitched mouth to anus and eating each other's shit isn't my cup of tea and I'm not adverse to the occasional horror film.  From reading the article, it doesn't surprise me that it's been banned - if anything nowdays was going to go beyond what's acceptable  at the highest certificate level then this film sounds like it's probably it, nasty and perverse just for the sake of it.

Of course people will still see it if they really want to and if you'd like to see a woman being raped by a barbed wire wrapped penis then, er, knock yourself out.....

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 53
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:46:15 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

LOL thanks ;P

I've totally been trolling you guys for a little bit now.

The best explanation I can give for all this is that I'm a super bored American writer living in Canada.

I'm sure England is great and YES, I know you guys have had dental care for 9 years now.

No hard feelings :D

Edit: I am gonna watch the fuck out of this movie though, and masturbate to it, and maybe even try to make my own human centipede.

Well done. You just made yourself look even stupider.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 54
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:49:07 PM   
superdan

Ohhhh, she's American. It makes sense now 

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 55
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:50:49 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Im british. We happen to be good at winning world wars and ruling half the planet.

David Cronenberg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Britian. We all know that.

quote:

Of course people will still see it if they really want to and if you'd like to see a woman being raped by a barbed wire wrapped penis then, er, knock yourself out.....

That's every Saturday night for me.

quote:

quote:

Post #: 56
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:52:17 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Good to see someone stand up to protect others from trash and stand by there beliefs...

Seriously though, protect others from trash? All you have to do is....not watch it.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 57
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:53:48 PM   
superdan

quote:

That's pretty much impossible to argue against actually.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 58
RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:54:19 PM   
sidecarsally

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's every Saturday night for me.

It can't be... a person on this board with a senses of humorz :D

I love how you can tell which people that got trolled are butthurt now though.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 59
RE: Rejected By BBFC - 6/6/2011 8:54:35 PM   
elab49

quote:

Britain

And if you do wish to continue a discussion then we'd prefer the rather unpleasant attitude you're aiming for is toned down.

Canada I could understand possibly criticising more restrictive censorship regimes - I understand they are, or were, quite liberal. Although I do think the BBFC have given a quite clear breakdown of their concerns here.

But American? With the nonsense around the 'R' rating?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: The Human Centipede II Rejected By BBFC Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI