Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Fast And The Furious Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Fast And The Furious Films Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 4/9/2011 3:46:10 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I'm curious about FAST FIVE - Mr. Diesel and Mr. Johnson were always being touted as the 'replacements' for Sly and Arnie in the 00's but their films never really quite hit the mark. They do have a certain charm and likeability about them and I always thought it'd be cool to have them team up, just a shame it had to be as part of this franchise, as opposed to a stand-alone actioner. Still, I've heard good things about this one so I may check it out someday.

snake have you watched Fast 5? If not i HIGHLY recommend it. The story is great, the characters cool and the action is brilliantly staged. Justin Lin is really talented and i think you'd get a big kick out of the action sequences. Theres a fantastic train heist at the beginning, a superb favela foot chase, Vin and The Rock having a big dust up, and the spectacular finale.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 91
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 4/9/2011 11:05:21 PM   
DazDaMan

I was once a non-believer in the Fast and Furious franchise....

Until I saw Fast 5.

Surely the best time I had at the cinema this year, so far...

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 92
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 5/9/2011 12:14:38 AM   
thetruth

it really is that good,isnt it?!!
Toooooooo much fun for a film with Paul Walker in it!

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 93
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 5/9/2011 7:59:34 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I'm curious about FAST FIVE - Mr. Diesel and Mr. Johnson were always being touted as the 'replacements' for Sly and Arnie in the 00's but their films never really quite hit the mark. They do have a certain charm and likeability about them and I always thought it'd be cool to have them team up, just a shame it had to be as part of this franchise, as opposed to a stand-alone actioner. Still, I've heard good things about this one so I may check it out someday.

snake have you watched Fast 5? If not i HIGHLY recommend it. The story is great, the characters cool and the action is brilliantly staged. Justin Lin is really talented and i think you'd get a big kick out of the action sequences. Theres a fantastic train heist at the beginning, a superb favela foot chase, Vin and The Rock having a big dust up, and the spectacular finale.

Easy there DK, let's not get crazy.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 94
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 5/9/2011 8:14:29 AM   
thetruth

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 95
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 5/9/2011 1:50:11 PM   
HughesRoss

Just bought my copy 2day and just finished watching it.....

Even better the 2nd time around.  This recalls the glory 90's when action films were brilliant.

High octane, feel good movie not seen since the likes of Con Air and Co........  I actually believe its the best one!

I was still blown away by that final scene with Eva Mendez......what a set up for Sexy Six (the title Vin is calling it!)

I wonder how many peope have watched this without realising this final scene at the end

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 96
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/9/2011 10:41:41 PM   
mackey

Gave up on these after the 2nd one which I thought was awful but they were playing this in HMV today and it looked brilliant, very old school action, seriosuly thinking about picking this up on Blu-Ray without having seen it - worth a blind buy?

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 97
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/9/2011 10:49:54 PM   
jcthefirst

Totally worth it.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to mackey)
Post #: 98
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 7/9/2011 3:27:06 PM   
azzman1984

I agree, Fast Five is worth buying on Blu Ray

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 99
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 8/9/2011 9:48:51 PM   
darth silas

Just rented out Fast Five and about to watch with a few beers.Will post my thoughts later.Should be fun considering what you lot are saying bout it.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 100
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 8/9/2011 9:55:33 PM   
HughesRoss

Hope you like it Darth and DO NOT KNOCK it off after the post credit scene

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 101
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 9/9/2011 12:54:22 AM   
darth silas

Damn that was fun! Terrific stunts and largely cgi free.Diesel vs Rock was cool(though The Rock would have destroyed Diesel in seconds really).Hot babes,and some laugh out loud moments(some of them unintentional!).

A great return to form for the series and ooohh,that post credits scene! Bring on Fast Six already!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 102
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 9/9/2011 11:51:01 AM   
azzman1984

Glad u enjoyed Fast Five Darth

I just wonder what bat shit crazy ideas Justin Lin has in mind for Fast Six?! I am still hoping it will be set in Germany with action secnes set in the Autobahn and hopefully Michael Fassbender playing the main villian!!!

Post #: 103
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 9/9/2011 11:54:02 AM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

I just wonder what bat shit crazy ideas Justin Lin has in mind for Fast Six?! I am still hoping it will be set in Germany with action secnes set in the Autobahn and hopefully Michael Fassbender playing the main villian!!!

Autobahn?  Hell, why not the Nurburgring??

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 104
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 9/9/2011 12:03:41 PM   
azzman1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

quote:

Autobahn?  Hell, why not the Nurburgring??

Damn i didn't thought about that, good shout on the Nurburgring idea, i read that London, Germany and Australia being possible locations for Fast Six!! They need to pull off something speical to top Fast Five!!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 105
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 9/9/2011 6:03:58 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Fast six will be set in madrid! Thats where letty is spotted by eva mendes and where han is headed. Vin also says so on the extras

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 106
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 11/9/2011 5:02:38 PM   
mackey

Just finished watching this. Absolutely brilliant entertainment, each action scene escalated the excitement and intensity. I personally thought Dwayne Johnson stole the show - really wish he'd do more hard action movies. Never thought I'd say this but.......can't wait for part 6 of this franchise!

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

Post #: 107
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 12/9/2011 11:59:54 AM   
darth silas

I know these movies are not actually meant to be very realistic but did anyone think that that bus crash at the beginning shold have killed or at least seriously injured everyone on board? It flipped over at high speed at least ten times!

Would have made the movie a lot shorter of course!

(in reply to mackey)
Post #: 108
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 12/9/2011 12:24:24 PM   
DazDaMan

Post #: 109
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 9/10/2011 3:55:13 PM   
Goonie_phil

The first will always be my fav.four was a welome return to the franchise being credible after the debacle of tokoyo drift! And then came 5..brilliant film!cant wait for the 6th

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 110
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 15/10/2011 12:14:32 AM   
azzman1984

This thread needs a bump seem i just watched Fast Five again and even after like seeing it a dozen times, it still holds up being an awesome film and its not even boring!!

(in reply to Goonie_phil)
Post #: 111
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 15/10/2011 11:54:41 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

I've only seen the first four films. I have to say, I found the third film to be the most enjoyable by far. It just has a different energy about it. Yes, it still has the fetishistic shots of every kind of knob being fondled but it has a lush looking Tokyo and the drift racing aspect of it is interesting.

True, but it's not as good without Walker and Diesel. I'm probably the one person on the forum who likes Paul Walker, he's perfectly suited to these type of movies.

Perhaps but the film definitely has an experimental feel to it and it's more fresh for want of a better term. The lead character is of the same stock as Paul Walker. They are so wooden not even tree conservationists would want them. I'll have to watch "Fast Five" and make up my own mind. As for the 'Han dilemma'; couldn't he have got his hands on a DeLorean?!

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 112
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 23/11/2011 7:45:49 PM   
Cool Breeze

Watched Fast and Furious a few days ago and..

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVNT SEEN FAST FIVE POST CREDITS SCENE..

wonder how they are going to explain how Lettie is still alive? Did that henchman of Braga lie about it to Dom just for a laff? Or maybe he did shoot her,left her for dead,but she survived somehow.But then what was it in that coffin at the funeral? Its all a conspiracy!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 113
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 5/12/2011 11:07:45 PM   
azzman1984

I found this funny article on why Fast Five should win Best Picture at the Oscars!! Check it out http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/11/fast-five-for-best-picture.php

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 114
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/12/2011 1:27:03 PM   
messiahtime

Liked all the Fast and Furious series except for the 4th one it was utter pish, didn't think it was gonna work when Vin Diesel left after the first, but 2 fast to furious was a good wee watch, thought Toyko Drift was gonna be utter sh*t stains but again, was surprised but all in all good wee series :D 

Zurple is the new black and has always been!!!

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 115
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/12/2011 1:35:26 PM   
Scott_

quote:

I found this funny article on why Fast Five should win Best Picture at the Oscars!! Check it out http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/11/fast-five-for-best-picture.php

Yes! That needs to happen.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 116
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/12/2011 1:41:13 PM   
NCC1701A

I still have not seen my Blu Ray copy of Fast and Furious 5 yet. Will have to watch this weekend.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 117
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/12/2011 7:27:54 PM   
azzman1984

I found this poster of Fast Five, read the quotes closely! http://p.twimg.com/Aezuh3lCQAAiKo0.jpg:large

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 118
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 6/12/2011 10:13:39 PM   
VectorSkullz

^ I'm not sure if that's serious or for a joke :P

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 119
RE: The Fast And The Furious Films - 7/12/2011 8:24:05 PM   
azzman1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: VectorSkullz

^ I'm not sure if that's serious or for a joke :P

It's a joke of course! I was watching Fast Five earlier and i still can't get bored of it!!

Tyrese has confirmed on his twitter that Fast Six and Fast Seven will be shot back to back next summer!

(in reply to VectorSkullz)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Fast And The Furious Films Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI