Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The LEGO games thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The LEGO games thread! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 1:53:17 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Friday night I had some free time so I decided to finish off TCS. I thought I only had an hour to put into it to get the last of the blue minikits, 2 & 1/2 hours later and I'd got the last of them and was still only at 98.2%

Not sure what I've got left to do. Possibly the Super Stories for each which means another 6 hours.

The super stories contribute to your overall completion percentage, so that could be what you're missing. The amount of times you need to go through those levels to get 100% is not funny

I've already done the super stories twice for each (once for studs, the other for time) and now it looks like I'll have to do it a third. It took me months to build up the motivation when I thought I only had an hour to go, god knows when I'll get it finished.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 151
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 4:04:11 PM   
sharkboy

The super stories are the only thing stopping me from getting the full 1000gp on SW:TCS.  At around an hour per run, I just didn't have the time or the inclination to do more than one at a time, and eventually even that became a chore.  I never did finish the original trilogy's super stories and have now swapped the game. Someday I'll get my hands on it again and finish it off, but with 3 Lego games completed from scratch in the last few weeks and Indy 2 started and Batman 2 and LOTR on the way, I'm in no rush!

Hobbsy, just go with whatever one takes your fancy, they've all got their fun traits.  Batman was very enjoyable and by all accounts the sequel is even better.  You should be able to pick up the older games for a song these days too.  Ah, if only you had a 360...but then you'd be playing Dawnguard and wouldn't have time for Lego games!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 152
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 4:08:06 PM   
Chief

Low blow!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 153
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 4:15:38 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Ah, if only you had a 360...but then you'd be playing Dawnguard and wouldn't have time for Lego games!

I will investigate

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 154
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 8:49:03 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

quote:

quote:

Friday night I had some free time so I decided to finish off TCS. I thought I only had an hour to put into it to get the last of the blue minikits, 2 & 1/2 hours later and I'd got the last of them and was still only at 98.2%

Not sure what I've got left to do. Possibly the Super Stories for each which means another 6 hours.

The super stories contribute to your overall completion percentage, so that could be what you're missing. The amount of times you need to go through those levels to get 100% is not funny

I've already done the super stories twice for each (once for studs, the other for time) and now it looks like I'll have to do it a third. It took me months to build up the motivation when I thought I only had an hour to go, god knows when I'll get it finished.

Hmmm. Well if you've done the super stories already, I can't see why you'd need to do them again.... Have you checked that you've bought all the characters, all the tips etc? It's easy to miss the Indiana Jones character - have you bought him?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 155
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 8:52:47 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

And for anyone who's interested, here's another trailer for Lego:LotR:~

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Videos/Eps%201.aspx

I love how the Ringwraiths turn to clowns

Having not played any of the Lego games but very tempted, what's a good one to start with? Can I just dive straight in with the Batman one? Definitely getting the LotR one

I reckon the first Lego Batman or Lego Indy are a good place to start. What I've seen of Lego Batman 2 seems pretty decent, but you may not appreciate the changes that have been made unless you experience 'the old formula' first

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 156
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 10:25:25 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

And for anyone who's interested, here's another trailer for Lego:LotR:~

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Videos/Eps%201.aspx

I love how the Ringwraiths turn to clowns

Having not played any of the Lego games but very tempted, what's a good one to start with? Can I just dive straight in with the Batman one? Definitely getting the LotR one

The first Lego Star Wars and Lego Indy were great fun, the updated versions not so much. But I'll put in that Lego Pirates of the Caribbean was a blast, although Jack Sparrow's walk/run takes time getting used to

Also Lego have stated that they'll be doing games for both hobbit films too

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 157
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 3/7/2012 6:30:27 PM   
ChickMagnet

So I've nearly got my 100% on Lego Batman 2 and got Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 waiting for me, my question is I saw years 1-4 for 15 today, should I get and play that before touching 5-7?

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 158
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/7/2012 4:01:29 PM   
sharkboy

Chick, I'll happily swap my HP1-4 (plus any other of my swaps) for Batman 2   Whaddaya say?  Huh? Huh?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 159
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/7/2012 4:10:13 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I should have your HP 5-7 back in the post by the end of the week sharky. I'm on 82% now. I just need to mop up the character tokens and Hogwart crests for Year 7 parts 1 and 2 and then the bonus level and I'm done. I've really enjoyed it so far although it is starting to feel like more of a grind in the freeplay runs now (I think that's mainly because I've had to go back to some levels a third time as I missed the Student in Peril). Thankfully there's no time turner shenanigans in this one, that's something that did my head in somewhat in Years 1-4. There's absolutely no rush whatsoever for Deus Ex back by the way.

Got Lego Batman on high priority on Lovefilm so hopefully I shouldn't have to wait too long for that.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 160
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/7/2012 4:13:02 PM   
sharkboy

I've had the in-laws over all week so I'm afraid I've not even had a chance to fire up the xbox never mind run through Deus Ex!  Still got a few chievos on Captain America that I need to get before that goes back to lovefilm (a surprisingly decent little game BTW if you're looking to add some more to your lovefilm list!), but hopefully I'll get a crack at this soon.

WWLD?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 161
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 11/7/2012 9:40:08 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Chick, I'll happily swap my HP1-4 (plus any other of my swaps) for Batman 2 Whaddaya say? Huh? Huh?

Oooooops!!! I ended up buying 1-4 instead, struggling to get into it to be honest.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 162
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/7/2012 10:04:29 AM   
emogeek

Lego Batman 2 done and dusted, and, after thinking that collecting all the gold bricks around the city was going to be a massively dull grind, it was actually incredibly fun.

Is it wrong that exacyly half of my platinum trophies are Lego games?

Hurry up LOTR

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 163
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/7/2012 1:07:26 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

Lego Batman 2 done and dusted, and, after thinking that collecting all the gold bricks around the city was going to be a massively dull grind, it was actually incredibly fun.

Is it wrong that exacyly half of my platinum trophies are Lego games?

Hurry up LOTR

I hear ya. The LEGO games are the only ones where I've got 100%.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 164
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/7/2012 3:12:48 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 done and dusted.

Great little game although it pissed me off that there were no Student in Peril detectors in it. I had to go back to a few levels a third time because I'd missed the SiP's which was a bit of a pain in the arse.

Lego Batman 2 can wait for a bit now, I'm all studded out at the moment .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 165
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/7/2012 5:50:14 PM   
directorscut

Clone Wars 14.95 http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/lego-star-wars-iii-the-clone-wars/10290179.html

Cheapest I've ever seen it.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 166
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/7/2012 7:06:42 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 done and dusted.

Great little game although it pissed me off that there were no Student in Peril detectors in it. I had to go back to a few levels a third time because I'd missed the SiP's which was a bit of a pain in the arse.

Lego Batman 2 can wait for a bit now, I'm all studded out at the moment .

I know that feeling well. When going to bed at night (well, stupid o'clock in the morning after another marathon session) I would see studs every time I closed my eyes.

quote:

Clone Wars 14.95 http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/lego-star-wars-iii-the-clone-wars/10290179.html

Cheapest I've ever seen it.

Still not been able to bring myself to go back to TCW. Only Lego game that I haven't got any enjoyment out of.

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 167
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 9/8/2012 6:02:48 PM   
sharkboy

Should be popping the last achievement in Lego Indy 2 later tonight, so I'll send it on to YFU over the weekend - should still have the address, but if not I'll drop a PM. Been a bit of a chore to be honest - you can tell they were still experimenting with the new hub set-up - but still gave plenty of enjoyment. I think I'll take a lego break now, and save Batman 2 for when it comes down a bit in price.

WWLD?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 168
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 9/8/2012 6:19:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Shit, I just remembered I need to send your Lego Harry Potter back.

I'll try and get it in the post over the weekend.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 169
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 9/8/2012 7:35:34 PM   
sharkboy

No rush, I've not got near any other games than Lego ones in weeks! Anyone else want to borrow Lego HP 5-7?

WWLD?

Post #: 170
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/8/2012 6:26:01 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Pre-ordered LOTR yesterday, can't wait!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 171
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/8/2012 9:41:42 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Pre-ordered LOTR yesterday, can't wait!

Must resist urge to pre-order

I've pre-ordered it....

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 172
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 11/8/2012 3:23:22 PM   
DJ Satan

Any chance I can be put on the end of the list for Lego Indy 2?

I've got Star Wars 3 and TCS if anyone needs those.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 173
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 13/8/2012 12:06:03 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Any chance I can be put on the end of the list for Lego Indy 2?

I've got Star Wars 3 and TCS if anyone needs those.

Yes mate. Could you PM YFU with your address? He can send it to you once he's completed it.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 174
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/8/2012 8:51:06 PM   
Ref

A little trailer for Lego: LotR

Voila!

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 175
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 28/8/2012 7:12:50 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

No rush, I've not got near any other games than Lego ones in weeks! Anyone else want to borrow Lego HP 5-7?

I'll be sending this back tomorrow. Will it be straight back to you or has anyone else asked to borrow it?

Zero rush for Deus Ex back btw. Keep it till you're done with it.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 176
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 28/8/2012 7:17:28 PM   
sharkboy

No, straight back to me thanks. I'll get Deus Ex in the post in the next couple of days.

WWLD?

Post #: 177
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 8/9/2012 7:39:07 PM   
ChickMagnet

So I've picked up Lego Star Wars 3 and is it mainly the RTS stuff? Because if so then this mo-fo is getting traded in towards Borderlands 2 in a couple of weeks

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 178
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 1/10/2012 1:16:10 PM   
From_Hell

Currently working through Lego Harry Potter 1-4 and bloody loving it. I was a little apprehensive because I'm not the biggest Potter fan and haven't even seen the movies but the game is great fun. I like what they've done with Hogwarts - allowing you to explore it and unlock little bits of it as you learn new spells/abilities. Great stuff.

"What are you gonna do?"

Post #: 179
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 4/10/2012 12:37:32 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

Currently working through Lego Harry Potter 1-4 and bloody loving it. I was a little apprehensive because I'm not the biggest Potter fan and haven't even seen the movies but the game is great fun. I like what they've done with Hogwarts - allowing you to explore it and unlock little bits of it as you learn new spells/abilities. Great stuff.

I love both the LHPs, 5-7 slightly less than 1-4.

Just ploughing my way to the end of Lego Batman 2 - a marked improvement over the first game for me. Although it is the first Lego game that I've had glitch out on me so much. Constant freezing, chucking me out of levels or things not appearing in Free Roam that should be there. Considering the last 2 Lego games I played were Clone Wars (Ok, bit of a grind) and Indy 2 (my least favourite), I'm loving it though. Can't wait for LOTR.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The LEGO games thread! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI