Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The LEGO games thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The LEGO games thread! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 3/6/2012 1:32:55 AM   
rich

I didnt bother with the Harry Potter or the PotC one, but this will tempt me. Frodo.

< Message edited by rich -- 3/6/2012 1:33:40 AM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 121
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 13/6/2012 2:15:25 PM   
sharkboy

So, with just over a week until the next Lego game gets its release, will this be a first-day purchase for anyone?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 122
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 13/6/2012 2:29:47 PM   
Harry Tuttle

As one of the few people who really liked the first LEGO Batman game I'm really looking forward to it. It won't be a day 1 purchase though, with any luck I'll be playing Harry Potter Years 5-7 for the next couple of weeks .

Has an Avengers title actually been confirmed or was it just rumoured a while back? With LOTR out later on this year it's becoming a very saturated LEGO market.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 123
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 13/6/2012 3:17:12 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

I ended up liking LBM1 (after getting bored early on), but this one looks even better. As I've sworn to 1000G every Lego game*, this will be on the list, although not a day one purchase.

As for Lego LOTR, I'll definately have some of that...

* Fuck me that's a struggle with Lego Indy 2...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 124
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 13/6/2012 3:37:13 PM   
directorscut

I can't justify buying Lego games for full price as they are basically the exact same game. I get them when they go below £20.

Ordered both HP 5-7 and POTC for £15 each a week or so ago.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 125
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 8:45:46 AM   
From_Hell

Lego Batman is still my favourite Lego game. As Directors Cut said, the Lego games are essentially the same thing over and over, so I'll be waiting for it to drop to £10/15 before I pick it up. I've still got the Lego HP and PoTC games to work through anyway...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 126
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 9:58:43 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

As one of the few people who really liked the first LEGO Batman game I'm really looking forward to it. It won't be a day 1 purchase though, with any luck I'll be playing Harry Potter Years 5-7 for the next couple of weeks .

Has an Avengers title actually been confirmed or was it just rumoured a while back? With LOTR out later on this year it's becoming a very saturated LEGO market.

Yeah, that reminds me - better get to the post office!

I think the possible Avengers title was based more on the fact that Lego were producing Avengers figures rather than they had announced a new game.  Like LOTR reall....wait a minute....

Now that I'm working my way through the Clone Wars game, the only one left to finish is Indy 2 - don't suppose anyone has it and wouldn't mind lending it out for a couple of weeks?

I never got the hate for Lego Batman myself.  I really enjoyed playing it and thought it was easily as good as the first Indy and the Complete Star Wars games.  I'm really looking forward to Batman 2, but with the imminent DLC release for Skyrim, I can see my time being filled with other games.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 127
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 10:27:56 AM   
vernieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

I think the possible Avengers title was based more on the fact that Lego were producing Avengers figures rather than they had announced a new game.  Like LOTR reall....wait a minute....

Now that I'm working my way through the Clone Wars game, the only one left to finish is Indy 2 - don't suppose anyone has it and wouldn't mind lending it out for a couple of weeks?

I never got the hate for Lego Batman myself.  I really enjoyed playing it and thought it was easily as good as the first Indy and the Complete Star Wars games.  I'm really looking forward to Batman 2, but with the imminent DLC release for Skyrim, I can see my time being filled with other games.

I have Indy 2 on PS3 that i won't be playing for a while if you want to borrow it

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 128
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 10:31:42 AM   
sharkboy

Thanks vernie, but I was kinda hoping for a 360 version.  Should have mentioned that in my original post I suppose...

Appreciate the offer though.

WWLD?

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 129
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 10:32:48 AM   
vernieboy

No worries

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 130
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 10:48:50 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I couldn't get along with the first Indy game so Indy 2 is the only one I haven't played. I'm in no rush to do so either, I found that the first one was far too much of a grind for my liking, even by LEGO game standards.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 131
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 10:51:37 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

I think the possible Avengers title was based more on the fact that Lego were producing Avengers figures rather than they had announced a new game.† Like LOTR reall....wait a minute....

I never got the hate for Lego Batman myself.† I really enjoyed playing it and thought it was easily†as good as the first Indy and the Complete Star Wars games.† I'm really looking forward to Batman 2, but with the imminent DLC release for Skyrim, I can see my time being filled with other games.

Yep, you can borrow mine. I've got your address, I'll get it over to you after the weekend.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 132
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 10:54:55 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

I think the possible Avengers title was based more on the fact that Lego were producing Avengers figures rather than they had announced a new game.† Like LOTR reall....wait a minute....

I never got the hate for Lego Batman myself.† I really enjoyed playing it and thought it was easily†as good as the first Indy and the Complete Star Wars games.† I'm really looking forward to Batman 2, but with the imminent DLC release for Skyrim, I can see my time being filled with other games.

Yep, you can borrow mine. I've got your address, I'll get it over to you after the weekend.

Am I okay for a borrow after Sharky? I'm currently working my way through Indy 1, it is becoming a grind now though like HT says. Some of the cheevys are ridiculous. Still got SW TCS to go through as well

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 133
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 12:20:24 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle
Am I okay for a borrow after Sharky? I'm currently working my way through Indy 1, it is becoming a grind now though like HT says. Some of the cheevys are ridiculous. Still got SW TCS to go through as well

Just wait until they glitch, leaving you having to complete the game again for 100%.

I've had this happen on 3 so far

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 134
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 12:55:58 PM   
st3veebee

Ignoring the film aspect of each game....is the gameplay itself any good in the lego games? I remember playing the original Star Wars one ears ago and thinking it was the mos basic game possible, maybe intended for children. Have they improved much since then...or maybe its all about the multiplayer?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 135
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 1:05:10 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I think its more about returning back to being a child, the gameplay is much the same.
For me its all about the nostalgia, much preferred the Indy and Star Wars (original) games just because of that aspect.

If you didn't like the early ones, I wouldn't revisit.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 136
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 2:06:42 PM   
From_Hell

For me it's about solving the puzzles, and collecting all the collectibles. The gameplay is really quite basic and, frankly, quite annoying in some sections. Poor camera angles, constantly respawning enemies that won't leave you alone while you're trying to solve a puzzle, and rubbish vehicle controls don't help. However, they all have a certain charm to them, and once you get on to the Freeplay modes and start getting some of the bonus items they can get quite addictive.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 137
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 14/6/2012 3:17:27 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course. Sharky - could you send this straight to YFU after? Once you've had it and completed it like...

Post #: 138
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/6/2012 10:02:31 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course. Sharky - could you send this straight to YFU after? Once you've had it and completed it like...

Sure can - and thanks TLM, much appreciated amigo!

WWLD?

Post #: 139
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 15/6/2012 10:05:08 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

For me it's about solving the puzzles, and collecting all the collectibles. The gameplay is really quite basic and, frankly, quite annoying in some sections. Poor camera angles, constantly respawning enemies that won't leave you alone while you're trying to solve a puzzle, and rubbish vehicle controls don't help. However, they all have a certain charm to them, and once you get on to the Freeplay modes and start getting some of the bonus items they can get quite addictive.

Can't say that I find fault with one word of this.  Yes, they can be repetitive in gameplay and they have their faults, but there's great fun to be had in freeplay mode and I do enjoy the sense of fun in the cut-scenes and the game itself.  Plus, if you're a fan of the subject matter, you'll probably get even more humour from the games (probably why I didn't enjoy Lego HP quite as much as the other titles)

WWLD?

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 140
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 20/6/2012 8:20:36 AM   
From_Hell

Reviews for Lego Batman 2 are starting to filter out, and they're very positive.

http://www.oxmonline.com/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/19/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-review

I'm tempted to order it, but I've got so many games to play, I really should wait 6 months and pick it up in a Christmas sale. There's also a demo on XBL, but I've not played it yet...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 141
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 20/6/2012 9:50:18 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I saw the advert for LB2 last night and the speech totally threw me. I reckon that'll take some getting used to.

PM Sharky

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 142
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 21/6/2012 9:59:13 PM   
juanvasquez

Played the LB2 demo last night. Was odd at first, with the Lego folk talking and that. It was good fun, but Batman felt a bit sluggish when it came to combat, but soon got used to it. Ordered this today so will hopefully have it for Saturday. Although I've still got LHP2 to 1000g yet. Just can't muster up the enthusiasm!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 143
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 27/6/2012 9:07:07 PM   
Ref

I've bought it and it's great fun. Like others have said, the talking does take some time getting used to, but dare I say it, it really adds to the game. The humour is there in spades and Robin is decidedly a better thought-out character in this one.

I am having some problems on the 360 with freezing glitches - no patch yet, but other gamers have suggested changing the settings which iron them all out.

And for anyone who's interested, here's another trailer for Lego:LotR:~

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Videos/Eps%201.aspx

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 144
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 27/6/2012 10:25:36 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Played the LB2 demo last night. Was odd at first, with the Lego folk talking and that. It was good fun, but Batman felt a bit sluggish when it came to combat, but soon got used to it. Ordered this today so will hopefully have it for Saturday. Although I've still got LHP2 to 1000g yet. Just can't muster up the enthusiasm!

I know what you mean, I have been playing it this week and am almost at 100%, but it is such a bore to play everything is stupidly long winded. HP 1-4 was so much better.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

Post #: 145
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 1/7/2012 9:11:51 PM   
juanvasquez

I must say that I am utterly loving Lego Batman 2. The new open world format, while sometimes seeming a little over ambitious, really has shaken up the Lego game format. Where previous games would have you replaying levels over and over again, the sandbox has done away with that, and for the better if you ask me. The only gripes I really have with it are the sometimes too basic controls when controlling some of the characters in the open world. For example, when Batman has the glide suit, it's very sensitive to direction and you can't dive/bank etc, meaning it can be frustrating sometimes.

The flying mechanic for those like Superman and Green Lantern etc is very good, but can sometimes be a bit hit and miss when trying to land in specific areas, but other than that, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. I've put in about 27 hours (according to Raptr) and I'm only just over 50%!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 146
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 8:51:48 AM   
sharkboy

Well, after a couple of weeks completing the Harry Potter games, the Clone Wars game and currently going through the Indy 2 game, I'm just about ready for Batman 2.  Tried the demo and loved it - I've got a feeling that this could become one of my favourite Lego games.  Still not 100% convinced about the addition of voices; part of the charm of the Lego games feels lost now.

WWLD?

Post #: 147
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 9:01:22 AM   
Chief

Friday night I had some free time so I decided to finish off TCS. I thought I only had an hour to put into it to get the last of the blue minikits, 2 & 1/2 hours later and I'd got the last of them and was still only at 98.2%

Not sure what I've got left to do. Possibly the Super Stories for each which means another 6 hours.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 148
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 1:09:05 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Friday night I had some free time so I decided to finish off TCS. I thought I only had an hour to put into it to get the last of the blue minikits, 2 & 1/2 hours later and I'd got the last of them and was still only at 98.2%

Not sure what I've got left to do. Possibly the Super Stories for each which means another 6 hours.

The super stories contribute to your overall completion percentage, so that could be what you're missing. The amount of times you need to go through those levels to get 100% is not funny

Regarding Lego Batman 2, I got an hour on it the other night and really enjoyed it. The voice acting takes some getting used to, but the script is actually quite funny. I love what they've done with the open world, it really does breath new life into what was becoming a tired formula. My only gripe is that flying Superman around should have been great fun, but it's really clunky and you can't invert the y-axis to make it any easier.

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 149
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/7/2012 1:15:22 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

And for anyone who's interested, here's another trailer for Lego:LotR:~

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Videos/Eps%201.aspx

I love how the Ringwraiths turn to clowns

Having not played any of the Lego games but very tempted, what's a good one to start with?  Can I just dive straight in with the Batman one?  Definitely getting the LotR one

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The LEGO games thread! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI