Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The LEGO games thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The LEGO games thread! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 21/2/2012 8:54:42 PM   
directorscut

Using your kids for achievements. Bloody disgraces.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 91
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 22/2/2012 6:08:28 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

At least you didn't get all the way to the end and it fucked up like mine! Anyways, I was playing it all on co-op with my daughter aswell and it really does put you off playing any other Lego games. I have POTC and Indy 2 lying around and we still need to finish Star Wars 3.

I wouldn't let it put you off playing POTC. It's a fantastic game and glitch free as far as I could tell. I haven't played all the Lego games but POTC is certainly the best I've played so far.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 92
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 22/2/2012 1:28:51 PM   
doubtlesswonder

As I say, my LEGO HP 1-4 (on the 360) played perfectly fine the whole way through, so maybe you have a dodgy disc or something?

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 93
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 25/2/2012 10:00:39 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Anyone who has played Harry Potter 1-4 know of any glitches? I've just finished the forbidden forest level and am following the ghost through Hogwarts and also following Quirrell but he stops in a doorway the arrow is telling me to go through and won't let me past. It's driving me crazy.....

Yup I've got glitches on HP1-4, 5-7 and Batman, pisses me off no end.

The 1-4 one is with the salt and slugs which I've done but didn't get a brick for so I'm at 99.7%, can't get the brick and without 100% can't get Voldermort.

They never patch them either to resolve the issues.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 94
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/3/2012 2:38:19 PM   
emogeek

Platinumed Harry Potter 5-7 last night - and after promising myself just a "quick go", ended up caning it at about 4am (which is slightly better than the 5am finish last friday!)

Got it on release, played for a bit but just couldn't get on with it. Put it on again the week before last and quickly got hooked.

Considering going back to POTC now to try and polish that off, but also need to try Clone Wars (another one I couldn't get into) - didn't even finish story mode on that.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 95
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 10/3/2012 7:56:20 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

Platinumed Harry Potter 5-7 last night - and after promising myself just a "quick go", ended up caning it at about 4am (which is slightly better than the 5am finish last friday!)

Got it on release, played for a bit but just couldn't get on with it. Put it on again the week before last and quickly got hooked.

Considering going back to POTC now to try and polish that off, but also need to try Clone Wars (another one I couldn't get into) - didn't even finish story mode on that.

The only LEGO game I gave up on was Clone Wars. I thought it was piss poor and really didn't get on with it. Some of the levels were decent but overall, it was a massive let down. I had to give up on LSWII as a result of the disc breaking! I think I wore it out.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 96
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 19/4/2012 9:10:28 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Batman: Arkham City was widely considered one of the best games of 2011, introducing a nightmarish, open-world version of Gotham City in which players could fight, explore and more.

So if Lego Batman 2's got it's own open-world version of Gotham City is it going up against Rocksteady's game for a place in Batman fans' hearts?

"Not at all," producer Philip Ring told NowGamer. "I love Arkham City – it’s a great game – but we’re just making a different take on the Lego world, and with Batman and DC there is that beauty of it that people can do different stories and different locations and have their own feel for Batman and these characters and we’re doing that."

Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes will also introduce full character speech, but don't worry that the Lego games are suddenly getting serious. "We want to make our version of the Lego Batman world with these DC superheroes so there’s no competition," adds Ring. "They’re two entirely different titles."

Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes also introduces Superman to the Lego games universe and is set to launch this Summer.

Mmmmmm...Speech?

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 97
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/4/2012 2:10:35 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Anyone who has played Harry Potter 1-4 know of any glitches? I've just finished the forbidden forest level and am following the ghost through Hogwarts and also following Quirrell but he stops in a doorway the arrow is telling me to go through and won't let me past. It's driving me crazy.....

The 1-4 one is with the salt and slugs which I've done but didn't get a brick for so I'm at 99.7%, can't get the brick and without 100% can't get Voldermort.

I just started playing 1-4 last night, and there was a 4MB update required before I could begin - could this have been the patch to address the glitches?  Anyway, just taken care of the troll in the toilets and enjoying it all so far. 

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 98
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/4/2012 2:19:37 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I just started playing 1-4 last night, and there was a 4MB update required before I could begin - could this have been the patch to address the glitches?  Anyway, just taken care of the troll in the toilets and enjoying it all so far. 

Sounds like a good night out to me.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 99
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/4/2012 3:34:30 PM   
sharkboy

Appropriately, after last nights spicy pizza, there have been some things that looked suspiciously like the troll's club in the toilet bowl today

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 100
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/4/2012 7:25:51 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Finished 5-7 at 100% at the weekend, now I need to get my hands on the Batman game!

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 101
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 24/4/2012 1:52:29 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

Finished 5-7 at 100% at the weekend, now I need to get my hands on the Batman game!

Guess who has just remembered about their offer to lend you Lego Batman about 6 months ago? Sorry Ms Wonder, I've a head like the proverbial sieve these days.  If you drop me your address again, I'll get it off to you this week

WWLD?

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 102
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 24/4/2012 5:32:40 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

Guess who has just remembered about their offer to lend you Lego Batman about 6 months ago? Sorry Ms Wonder, I've a head like the proverbial sieve these days.  If you drop me your address again, I'll get it off to you this week

You know, I'd actually forgotten about that, so don't worry about it! I'll drop you another PM :)

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 103
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 1/5/2012 4:17:46 PM   
sharkboy

Lego HP 1-4 is turning out to be the most disappointing of the titles so far.  I think it's mainly because Hogwarts and its environs is just so damned big!  I just want to get stuck into the storylines, with one or two rooms to return to where I can select levels, unlock characters, view videos etc.  It seems that I'm spending as much time following ghosts around between levels on the story mode as I do actually completing the level!  Please tell me they've changed this for 5-7!

WWLD?

Post #: 104
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 1/5/2012 4:37:49 PM   
directorscut

Hogwarts is my favourite part of that game. Great sense of exploration.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 105
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 1/5/2012 5:23:26 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

Lego HP 1-4 is turning out to be the most disappointing of the titles so far.  I think it's mainly because Hogwarts and its environs is just so damned big!  I just want to get stuck into the storylines, with one or two rooms to return to where I can select levels, unlock characters, view videos etc.  It seems that I'm spending as much time following ghosts around between levels on the story mode as I do actually completing the level!  Please tell me they've changed this for 5-7!

They haven't changed the size of Hogwarts, but personally I don't really remember it taking that long to get around. Like directorscut, though, the size of Hogwarts is one of my favourite things about the games. There's lots to explore in the free play.

The most disappointing thing to me about 5-7 was that you couldn't free play in the room of requirement. But I suppose that's because it takes on various different forms throughout 5-7 (the DA practice room, the room of hidden things, the DA hideout in Deathly Hallows) so they'd have to pick one for it to be. However, I'm sure they could've given us some sort of option so we could choose which incarnation of the room we wanted when we went inside.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 106
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 3/5/2012 2:58:06 PM   
sharkboy

You know, after my earlier rant, I've actually come to enjoy the Hogwarts part after the last couple of sessions.  I think that really my initial disappointment was probably because there was no way to choose which year to do first, instead you are restricted to simply completing the storyline in chronological order.  Star Wars, POTC, Indy and Batman all let you decide which order in which to play the game from the start, which meant that if there were particuar skills you needed for freeplay to collect the various items, it was easier to free them.  I'm just finishing off year 2 now, so maybe this will cease to be as much of an irritation soon

WWLD?

Post #: 107
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 4/5/2012 10:40:02 PM   
indysgill

I have Lego Star Wars III : The Clone Wars from Lovefilm and the game keeps crashing on the Asajj Ventress Missions, namely #5 when I get two storm trooper to open up a gate.
As soon as they open it the screen goes black and all you hear is the music. Is this a problem experienced by others or did I just get a faulty disc from Lovefilm?

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 108
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 4/5/2012 10:41:04 PM   
juanvasquez

I don't remember it crashing at all. Do remember it being rather poor though.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 109
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 9/5/2012 10:33:07 PM   
indysgill

But I am 30% of the way through it.

Oh well, back to Lovefilm with it and hopefully a working copy comes back.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 110
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 11/5/2012 9:37:54 PM   
Ref

Most awesome news, there will be a LotRs Lego Game:~

Voila!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 111
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 11/5/2012 9:45:21 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Most awesome news, there will be a LotRs Lego Game:~

Voila!

Trying to find the right words to express how I feel.

Got it....

OH FUCK YES!!!

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 112
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/5/2012 3:23:19 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

"We have to stop them!"
"...Ya think?"

http://www.oxm.co.uk/41810/lego-batman-2-vid-showcases-open-world-gotham/

New LBM2 trailer. Love it.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 113
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/5/2012 3:24:50 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I still need to play the first

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 114
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/5/2012 3:25:49 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

You still need to finish Lego Star Wars TCS.

(8000th Post!)

< Message edited by thatlittlemonkey -- 23/5/2012 3:27:19 PM >

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 115
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/5/2012 4:13:01 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I've been meaning to send you it back for ages to be honest. I'm just not feeling it....

Post #: 116
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 23/5/2012 8:18:36 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

No rush dude. Was joking!

Post #: 117
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 31/5/2012 11:48:30 AM   
sharkboy

Well, just mopping up Lego HP 5-7 now and I have decided that I bloody hate missable achievements!  Forgot completely to pop back to Hogwarts before finishing Year 7 part 1, now it looks like I have to run through the game again

I've found the HP games to be a bit of a curates egg to be honest - I've enjoyed the humour and the general gameplay is as good as I had hoped, but the structuring of the game has left a little to be desired.  Stages seem to last ages, which is normally a very good thing, but the various preludes and conclusions that you have to play through just stretch them out a bit too much.  Though the fact that I'm not a big fan of the source material this time around may be prejudicing my opinions slightly as it means I'm less prepared to forgive its shortcomings.

WWLD?

Post #: 118
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/6/2012 6:33:29 PM   
Ref

Release date for Lord of the Rings has been set for 26th October. An ideal b-day prezzie from my brother methinks

Also here's a little teaser trailer:~

Clicky

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 119
RE: The LEGO games thread! - 2/6/2012 7:50:13 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Awesome!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The LEGO games thread! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI