Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 2:31:32 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

The Prince of Egypt 

Rebel Scum - you are now my favourite person on the forum!

Always good to meet fellow fans, Prince of Egypt seems to be a film that's largely been forgotten about.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 91
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 5:14:09 PM   
Rebel scum

86-Them!

I tend to have a problem with 50s monster films, mostly because the majority consider character and plot secondary to showing the monsters go nuts. The ones I’ve really like are the ones that focus more on the human element and have the special effects as a backdrop to that-Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Incredible Shrinking Man and so on. While I expect to be shouted down on this, Them! is the finest 50s B-Movie.

The reason for this is because the giant ants (And it’s in no way a spoiler to reveal that yes, the murders are caused by giant ants) are used as the backdrop to portray America in full-on panic mode. When the full threat of the giant ants is known, the film changes from the usual small-town-gets-invaded-by-bug-eyed-thing-du-jour routine to take on a much wider scope, as the small town characters get involved in the bigger picture, and yet the film never loses sight of them amongst the images of the nation arming and preparing for a bug hunt. It’s also credible that the escalation feels natural and what would actually happen in the circumstances-it’s tried to be kept a secret until human lives get in danger and the bodies pile up. It also hits the balance between jingoistic optimism and cynicism by pointing out that the ants evolved to such large sizes because of atomic bombs, but never hammering home the fact until the final speech which every B-Movie had, informing us that it could happen again so watch the skies/ground/science goo!

Overall, it is admittedly daft fun, but it’s daft fun with a message behind it that can be dwelt upon to the benefit of the film, but doesn’t need to be in order to watch it. And it’s to the film’s credit that the giant ants are kept offscreen as much as possible, turning them into more threatening monsters than any other 50s sci-fi B-Movies.

BEST SCENE: The early scenes where they try to build a sense of mystery, and even though it’s painfully obvious that it was ants, the atmosphere it develops and the use of those terrifying ant sounds still make it work.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 92
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 6:35:38 PM   
matty_b

Oh, great film. It's like Jaws in that it works best when the monster is off-screen and just suggested.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 93
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 9:56:17 PM   
Rebel scum

Yeah, though the model ants still hold up surprisingly well, much better than stuff like the 1954 Godzilla or the alien from The Thing From Another World.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 94
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 10:08:55 PM   
matty_b

I agree with that, it's just a shame they lack a bit of pace.

But I think the climax in the sewers is genuinely thrilling with one of the all-time great self-sacrifice moments.

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 95
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 10:11:37 PM   
Rebel scum

85-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

TGTBATU is the perfect example of an epic Western. It focusses primarily on only three characters, and yet has a scope and epic sweep that few Westerns can match. Some of the establishing shots of the vistas our characters walk across are done so astonishingly that they could be taken out of context and win photography awards. The characters are both broadly drawn and very intimate, and it’s one of the films where every single person is out for themselves and only cooperate out of necessity. The dynamic between the Good and the Ugly is both hysterical and very real, with the balance of power between the two shifting from scene to scene to keep things interesting. For instance, the scene where the Ugly forces the Good to walk across the desert while he quaffs water and sits on a horse takes a dramatic turn when the Good discovers a vital clue to some treasure-and refuses to give it up. The ensuing bickering is an example of fine scripting, and the characters are ambiguous enough that it’s uncertain how it will play out.

I have noticed a number of people criticising the amount of extreme close-ups in the film, especially in the final confrontation, but in my opinion that showdown is one of the tensest ever, with each man knowing that attacking one person leads him open to the other. It showcases that a great action sequence doesn’t need pyrotechnics or thousands of CGI extras, but instead can generate more tension with a simple setup and flawless execution.

A quick reference must be made to the soundtrack, too. The main theme is justifiably famous, but it also has one of the greatest pieces of music to be put to film-The Ecstasy of Gold. There’s a reason that Metallica open every concert with it.

BEST SCENE: The entire graveyard sequence, providing a satisfying conclusion and a great final line, not to mention the aforementioned epic showdown.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 96
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 10:12:24 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I agree with that, it's just a shame they lack a bit of pace.

But I think the climax in the sewers is genuinely thrilling with one of the all-time great self-sacrifice moments.

Absolutely to the latter, it's one of those deaths I genuinely did not see coming.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 97
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 10:22:27 PM   
matty_b

Love the opening sequence, too. Incredibly creepy.

Another good shout with The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 98
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 10:33:39 PM   
Rebel scum

84-Goldeneye

Is Pierce Brosnan the best Bond? Nope, Dalton is. But he does star in the best Bond to date, a perfect marriage of blockbusting action film and one which tries to examine Bond the man-an impressive feat, considering the only Bond film that had tried that previously had been License to Kill (Which suffered from a terrible third act). It also has the best Bond baddie (Trevelyan), Bond sub-baddie (Xenia), Bond random character who turns up and is awesome (Boris), and several of the best Bond action scenes.

But the action scenes are rarely criticised, so I won’t go into details, except to trumpet the awesomeness of the tank chase from the rooftops. It’s the character examination of Bond that rarely gets discussed, and merits a few words here. This Bond has the advantage of being the first one made after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union, the USSR in particular had shadowed every single Bond made before that point. It was pretty bold of Goldeneye to address this and actually try and be something of a character study. This is best illustrated by the one on one between Bond and M, where M points out that Bond is a “sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War”, which reflected many viewers’ opinions on Bond in the more testosterone-fuelled late 80s/early 90s. Better still is when Trevelyan taunts Bond over all the people he’s failed to save over the course of his career, and Bond seems genuinely remorseful and upset-and it’s interesting to watch his relationship with Trevelyan turn from surprise he’s back, to an attempt to turn him, to an out and out revenge mission. If I were to complain about anything in the film, it’d be Natalya, but even she is portrayed as capable and unafraid to call Bond out on some of his views.

And yet this never gets in the way of providing an enormously entertaining action movie, one of the best, and easily the best Bond film ever made.

BEST SCENE: I love, LOVE the tank chase in this, I love the staging, the numerous hazards Ourumov desperately manoeuvres around while Bond smashes through them, and the finale where the tank crashes a train. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 99
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 7/10/2011 10:34:22 PM   
MovieAddict247

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is fab - the ending sequence (from when you first see the graveyard) is stunning.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 100
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 8/10/2011 5:31:39 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Them and GBU are both brilliant.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 101
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 8/10/2011 8:14:04 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

85-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

TGTBATU is the perfect example of an epic Western. It focusses primarily on only three characters, and yet has a scope and epic sweep that few Westerns can match. Some of the establishing shots of the vistas our characters walk across are done so astonishingly that they could be taken out of context and win photography awards. The characters are both broadly drawn and very intimate, and it's one of the films where every single person is out for themselves and only cooperate out of necessity. The dynamic between the Good and the Ugly is both hysterical and very real, with the balance of power between the two shifting from scene to scene to keep things interesting. For instance, the scene where the Ugly forces the Good to walk across the desert while he quaffs water and sits on a horse takes a dramatic turn when the Good discovers a vital clue to some treasure-and refuses to give it up. The ensuing bickering is an example of fine scripting, and the characters are ambiguous enough that it's uncertain how it will play out.

I have noticed a number of people criticising the amount of extreme close-ups in the film, especially in the final confrontation, but in my opinion that showdown is one of the tensest ever, with each man knowing that attacking one person leads him open to the other. It showcases that a great action sequence doesn't need pyrotechnics or thousands of CGI extras, but instead can generate more tension with a simple setup and flawless execution.

A quick reference must be made to the soundtrack, too. The main theme is justifiably famous, but it also has one of the greatest pieces of music to be put to film-The Ecstasy of Gold. There's a reason that Metallica open every concert with it.

BEST SCENE: The entire graveyard sequence, providing a satisfying conclusion and a great final line, not to mention the aforementioned epic showdown.

THIS POST IS 100% SNAKE-EYES APPROVED

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 102
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 8/10/2011 11:05:20 PM   
Rebel scum

83-The Usual Suspects

Or, that film Bryan Singer made before he disappeared into superhero films, The Usual Suspects is a great blend of classic noir sensibilities and plot mixed with 90s style. The set-up and the whole plot being explained in flashback is very noir, as is the eventual gut-punch of a twist. On the other hand, if there’s one thing this film isn’t, it’s dark, and I mean that in a visual sense-important plot points happen in broad daylight and the whole story is being told is a nice bright police office. If anyone’s wondered what a film noir would look like without the visual noir, The Usual Suspects is the closest it’s possible to come to that.

The plot, as I said, is pure noir, lacking only a femme fatale to complete the set. This is very much a male-oriented film, with barely any female presence felt at all. That doesn’t dilute the film’s effectiveness, and the lack of a romantic subplot only serves to give the plot additional drive-there are no sub-plots, no unnecessary characters, and it’s easy to believe that every single scene has a purpose in the jigsaw puzzle that the film throws at you. And then comes the ending, which everyone knows by now but I won’t spoil just in case. Let’s just say that it’s a brave film that throws everything that came before into question, and even the identity of Kevin Spacey’s character-IS he who he says he is, who the twist heavily infers he is, or someone else entirely. Indeed, trying to work out exactly how much of the film actually happened is a mind-turner, and it’s a triumph of the film that it offers multiple levels of interpretation.

BEST SCENE: The lineup is justly praised, but I love the reaction of Kevin Spacey when he’s initially asked about Keyser Soze-it may well be the best “Aw, FUCK!” in cinema history !

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 103
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 9/10/2011 11:15:08 AM   
matty_b

Yeah, great film. Goldeneye is decent, too.

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 104
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 9/10/2011 1:35:53 PM   
MovieAddict247

The Usual Suspects.....

Golden Eye is fun though.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 105
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 9/10/2011 2:03:40 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

The Usual Suspects.....

What didn't you like about it?

Post #: 106
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 9/10/2011 2:23:47 PM   
MovieAddict247

I just couldn't care about it. I worked it out really early on (I know that's not the point of it, but it still ruins the ending), and just found it so boring. It never clicked for me - I couldn't get into it, and was fed up with the whole thing by the end.

However, the performances are good, I'll give it that.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 107
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 10/10/2011 9:57:11 AM   
chambanzi

Can't say I've ever been a fan of The Usual Suspects either, the twist was overrated and I didn't even find it a particularly good twist at that (thought the same about Saw's twist as well yet everyone seems to praise that.)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Goldeneye are awesome though, great choices.

Post #: 108
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 10/10/2011 9:32:19 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

I just couldn't care about it. I worked it out really early on (I know that's not the point of it, but it still ruins the ending), and just found it so boring. It never clicked for me - I couldn't get into it, and was fed up with the whole thing by the end.

THIS.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

Post #: 109
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 11/10/2011 8:05:15 PM   
Rebel scum

82-Strangers On A Train

Strangers On A Train remains one of Hitchcock’s most underrated thrillers, featuring one of the finest scripts he ever worked with, and in Robert Walker’s Bruno Anthony, one of his most effective murderers. Sure, he’s not quite Norman Bates, but his facade of the cultured gentleman concealing a homicidal tendency is well-put across, and it’s compelling to watch his charming exterior slip slowly into full-blown scheming and homicidal rage. The first scene on the train, as the two men meet, features some of the finest acting and writing in any Hitch film ever, especially once the subject of murder is brought up and Guy is slowly seduced by the idea of disposing of his life’s troublesome hypotenuse.

And while I praise the writing and acting, let’s not forget who directed this. Hitch is at his best here, filming scenes in ways that are genuinely fascinating, such as the first murder being reflected in the victim’s glasses, or the view of the tennis match where Bruno sits impassively as everyone else turns their head to follow the ball, or even the finale, which is still a more satisfying end than most of Hitch’s picks (It kicks the hell out of Psycho’s infodump, for one, and even my favourite Hitch has problems with its ending, and no, I won’t say what it is). The overall effect is a film that’s a genuine treat for the eyes without relying on breathtaking scenery or epic sweeping shots, but in interesting shot composition that compliments the quality of everything else by being just as good.

BEST SCENE: I’m going to have to reference the first meeting on the train again, even though it’s just two people talking there’s so much going on beneath the surface that makes it fascinating to watch.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 110
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 11/10/2011 8:06:47 PM   
Rebel scum

I'm kinda surprised to see so much hate/apathy for The Usual Suspects, I didn't have it down as the film on my list everyone would be objecting to. But I guess if the twist is spoiled ahead of time, it does become something of a lesser film, I'll agree to that.

< Message edited by Rebel scum -- 11/10/2011 8:09:22 PM >

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 111
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 11/10/2011 8:35:08 PM   
matty_b

Ah, my favourite Hitchcock.

Wonderful choice.

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 112
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 11/10/2011 9:20:42 PM   
Rebel scum

81-Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

(SPOILERS! AWOOGA-WOO!)
Mr. Smith Goes To Washington pulls off the impressive feat of being both more optimistic than Capra’s more famous Christmas flick and simultaneously being much more cynical, with the end result being that we feel happy that justice has been served, but at the same time the film heavily implies that the outing of a political plot is an anomaly in the grander scheme of things. The wide-eyed optimism of James Stewart’s title character and the stony cynicism of his “friend” in Washington, Senator Paine, and the slow breaking down of the optimism of the former provides the film with some of its greatest moments, especially during the filibuster scene, which arguably hits a darker level than It’s A Wonderful Life does-I mean, boys get attacked in the streets, for God’s sake! At the same time, his final “I’m not licked” speech is more rousing and more affecting than the final scene of IAWL, especially when twinned with Paine’s rediscovery of conscience.

That’s not to say that the film is a downer up to that point, or that it’s light-hearted. Instead, the film works because it keeps a certain evenness of tone, with the blind optimism of Smith providing some wonderful humour and a contrast with every other person working in Washington. It’s also a credit to the film that it never over-romanticises America. It does a bit, but is admirably restrained-the Lincoln Memorial is given a near-godly status (Why is it that in every American political film, there’s a scene where someone goes to the Lincoln Memorial and stares at it for a while? I think MSGTW started this trend), but on the other hand Mr Smith and the Vice-President are the only politicians shown in a positive light; all the others are painted as corrupt and willing to throw a good man to the dogs to uphold the system. The brutal honesty of this representation of US politics stays with you a lot more than the quietly hopeful ending.

BEST SCENE: While it has become a cliché, Smith looking at the Lincoln memorial is surprisingly affecting. And the filibuster is a masterpiece of speechwriting and orchestrating tension solely with rhetoric.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 113
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 11/10/2011 9:34:24 PM   
Rebel scum

80-Stand By Me

The explosion of kids-on-an-adventure films in the 1980s led to a bunch of forgettable puff, some fun but slight efforts, and one masterpiece, Stand By Me. It succeeds where the legions of other films of its type failed simply because it’s one of the best examples of friendship ever put on film. Part of this can be traced to Stephen King-whatever you think of his books, he writes friendships and camaraderie better than anyone (See also: The good bits of It and Dreamcatcher, the ka-tet in The Dark Tower), and The Body, the novella that inspired Stand By Me, is his best portrayal of friendship between a group of misfit boys. They muck around, have in-jokes, have secrets that they don’t tell anyone but their friends, and don’t give girls a look-in at all. This is very much a “boys” movie, and the anecdotes that the characters get up to as they go in search of a dead body will ring true to any man who had a similar gang of friends as a kid. There is not one false beat in the film, not one moment where we remember that these kids are just pretending to have known each other for years, we believe, from beginning to end, that they have.

Praise must also be lavished on the four primary child actors, all of which are flawless, which is rare enough, but even in the support roles there isn’t a false beat struck, with Keither Sutherland surprisingly effective as a character who may as well just be called “The Bully.” The result is that we get emotionally invested in these characters as they go on their crusade to find the corpse, and what actually happens when they get there is a wonderfully punch-the-air ending, swiftly followed by Rob Reiner breaking our hearts by telling us what happened to the kids in later life. It’s lifted straight from the book, but the tonal shift is a shock, and is the only thing in the film that comes close to derailing it. Luckily, the film then ends before it can do any damage.

BEST SCENE: A tie between the pie-eating contest (for hilarious ick value) and the train tracks scene, which starts innocent and then gets life-threatening and incredibly tense.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 114
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 11/10/2011 9:45:16 PM   
MovieAddict247

Stand By Me is amazing - great choice (it makes up for the Usual Suspects).

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 115
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 12/10/2011 12:12:29 AM   
chambanzi

Oh and forgot to say but I agree with you that Dalton is the best James Bond. He is certainly the most true to the novels. IMO this is the order.

1. Timothy Dalton
2. Sean Connery
3. Roger Moore
4. Pierce Brosnan
5. Daniel Craig
6. George Lazenby

Post #: 116
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 25/10/2011 1:24:58 AM   
Rebel scum

79-Ghostbusters

While I’m hardly well-versed in 1980s cinema (It’s a major blind spot of mine) there’s no denying that it had an incredibly high ratio of blockbusters that were unashamedly fun, which is more that can be said for nowadays. Ghostbusters is one of the high water marks of the 80s blockbuster, gathering together a bunch of brilliant actors saying brilliant lines. The star of the show is obviously Bill Murray, legend that he is, but the cast is uniformly excellent, especially Harold Ramis at his most deadpan and Sigourney Weaver pulling off both the human Dana and the possessed version (Her being possessed is much more entertaining than anything The Exorcist throws at us). What is most memorable is the camaraderie between the Ghostbusters-we totally buy that these men have known each other for a long time, which is harder to pull off than most would expect.

Needless to say, the writing is brilliant, as any script that has spawned so many classic lines is. Ghostbusters is part of that elite club of films where you can say quotes from it to someone who’s absolutely clueless about films and still have them recognise it. Lines like “Back off man, I’m a scientist” and “When someone asks you if you’re a God, you say yes!” have justifiably gone down in movie history, but the entire film is packed with brilliant one-liners, to the extent that on every watch you find a new one funny.

The only issue that can be raised with something like Ghostbusters is that it doesn’t attempt to transcend the blockbuster genre with some insightful comedy (Except “Environmental bureaucrats have no dicks”). The closest it gets is when the patrons of a posh restaurant all ignore the screaming Louis as he’s attacked by Vinz. But the important thing is that it doesn’t have to, and frankly I miss when films like Ghostbusters were made (even though I wasn’t alive then, but anyway), when a blockbuster being purely entertaining wasn’t equivocal to insulting the audience’s intelligence.

BEST SCENE: The slimer fight, a pitch-perfect blend of slapstick, action, and great lines ("He slimed me")

< Message edited by Rebel scum -- 25/10/2011 1:36:46 AM >

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 117
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 25/10/2011 1:25:16 AM   
Rebel scum

quote:

Stand By Me is amazing - great choice (it makes up for the Usual Suspects).

Hooray, I have redeemed myself!

Post #: 118
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 25/10/2011 1:32:47 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Stranger on a Train and Mr Smith are both amazing, Stand by Me and Ghostbusters aren't .

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 119
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 25/10/2011 1:39:21 AM   
Rebel scum

78-The Birds

In making this film, Hitchcock seems to have been fully aware that what is unknown is far scarier than any number of horrific murders, and in doing so made one of the greatest horror films of all time. It’s primary strength is that it takes an almost documentary approach to the events-not by abusing shaky-cam, but by removing music and refusing to have, say, an army truck, medium or some other deus ex machina turn up and explain what the hell is up with the birds recently. This lack of an explanation is the key strength of the film-in one of cinema’s best scenes, a bunch of random characters including the protagonist are holed up in a cafe debating what’s up with the birds and how it could be possible. It lasts around ten minutes or so and is packed with memorable lines (“I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable.”) memorable characters (The mother growing increasingly worried) and ends with a terrifying view of what the birds are capable of-did they know that dive bombing that man would start an explosion? Was it just bad luck? Ambiguities like this make the film.

It’s also amazing how little the effects have aged, and there’s only a few incidents where the bird attack looks a little fake. Considering how badly other effects of the early 60s have aged, this is a major triumph for the effects guys. Set pieces like the attack on the children still look genuine and are still credibly frightening, and I highly doubt any modern remake would have the balls to put something like this in, or at least it would be greeted with media outrage, but there’s Hitch in the early 60s doing it anyway. Hell, the whole film feels like this, with a subtlety and pacing lacking from the genre flicks of today.

BEST SCENE: As already mentioned, the diner scene, but the final image is also one of cinema’s creepiest.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI