Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/8/2012 12:44:18 AM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum
I also feel I should post this, as it is tangentially related and is the greatest thing ever:[/font] [/size]

I do love that scene though. The sense of awe and wonder for both audience and characters is so right, and something that Spielberg's a master at.

Yeah, from "Stop the car" to "I'll show you" is just wonderful-it came within a hair of being the best scene. I just love the T-Rex attack too much!

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 391
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/8/2012 1:03:05 AM   
Rebel scum

5-Airplane!

Put simply, Airplane! is the funniest film I’ve ever seen. It’s 90 minutes of insanity, where joke after joke is thrown at the audience, and pretty much every single one is funny. Sure, a few don’t work nowadays (Mostly due to pop-culture reference that have dated somewhat), but so many of them still hit that magic spot between stupid and clever. I’ll keep this review short since otherwise I’ll be listing my favourite jokes and we’ll be here all day, but put simply, no film has ever made me laugh as hard and consistently than Airplane!.

BEST SCENE: Oh God, I have to pick a joke. The first one that springs to mind is “There’s a sale at Penny’s!” but really it could be most of the other jokes in the movie.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 392
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/8/2012 1:09:55 AM   
MonsterCat

Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Airplane is made of win from top to bottom.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 393
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/8/2012 2:24:22 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I really don't like Airplane. It might have the greatest number of jokes of any film but when only 3% of them are funny, something's gone wrong!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 394
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 30/8/2012 7:51:16 PM   
Rebel scum

4-The Lord of the Rings

What Star Wars was to 70s kids, Lord of the Rings was to me. It was an EVENT, a film where the first one blows your mind, and the gap between films is spent waiting for the next one and devouring every piece of information about it. For a good few years, these were my three favourite movies, and watching them this year in a row for the second time has served only to remind me of how damn good they are. The length feels entirely justified, and even the much-mocked endings and adequate payoff considering the nine hours of build-up.

Explaining just why LOTR is so good is tricky, because everything is pretty much perfect. The performances are great across the board, bar the odd lapse (“A diversion”, indeed), and the writing apes Tolkien’s prose without getting bogged down in overlong speeches. In many ways, the writing improves on Tolkien-Gollum in particular is a much stronger character in the film, and the removal of unnecessary detail such as the entire Tom Bombadil episode works in the film’s favour. It streamlines Tolkien’s narrative without losing any of its heart or detail, which should be considered a triumph in and of itself.

If I was asked to rank the three films in order of preference, I’d tell you to fuck off but if pushed they’d go Fellowship-Return-Towers. Largely this ranking is due to how good their high points are, so the remainder of this write up goes under:

BEST SCENE(S): Fellowship has the entire Moria sequence, which one very canny dwarf put as the best moment in the series with good reason-it’s just perfect. From the darkness after the encounter with the Watcher to the slow-motion run up the stairs, it’s pure cinematic nirvana, the best individual bits being Gandalf’s “encouraging thought” speech, jumping across the collapsed stairs, and the Balrog-Gandalf face-off. Return’s high point-the lighting of the beacons- isn’t quite as strong, but the soaring score and beautiful vistas make it a surprisingly emotive moment considering all that’s happening is stuff catching fire on mountains. Finally, The Two Towers has the “weakest” high point, but it’s still a better moment that can be found in 99% of blockbusters-The last march of the Ents. The music when they begin their march on Isengard is the best in the trilogy, and the little touches like the Ent on fire dipping his head in the floodwaters really help make it.

Post #: 395
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 30/8/2012 8:39:05 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

I also feel I should post this, as it is tangentially related and is the greatest thing ever:[/font] [/size]

That's glorious (as is Jurassic Park)

Airplane is also glorious.

Lord of the Ringwise:
Fellowship: Ace (not a huge fan of Gladriel's silly two-tone evil voice though - it makes the whole of that scene seem really amateur).
Two Towers: also pretty fab, except the slowness of the Ents and all Sam Frodo ness, but the latter is made up for by the prescence of Gollum.
Return of the King: by far the weakest. Far too long, action sequences aren't as fun, and stupid fake endings which really annoyed me in the cinema as I was desperate for the loo but knew that it was going to end soon so there was no point leaving.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 396
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 30/8/2012 9:50:04 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Return of the King: by far the weakest. Far too long, action sequences aren't as fun, and stupid fake endings which really annoyed me in the cinema as I was desperate for the loo but knew that it was going to end soon so there was no point leaving.

I never had a problem with the length, and the Pelennor Fields battle is really good, though Helm's Deep is better. The endings did actually annoy me at the time, but after a marathon sesh watching all three the slow wrap-up seems more warranted. Also, it's worth bearing in mind that the book's even worse for endings, at least the film cut Scouring of the Shire!

I do have to agree with your earlier point about Galadriel's evil voice, it's the closest the film gets to the low camp it was trying to avoid.

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 397
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 30/8/2012 10:02:35 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

If I was asked to rank the three films in order of preference, I’d tell you to fuck off but if pushed they’d go Fellowship-Return-Towers.

That's reverse order, yeah? With Towers clearly the best.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 398
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 30/8/2012 10:08:32 PM   
Deviation

Towers is the weakest. Fellowship is the best.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 399
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 30/8/2012 10:43:07 PM   
garvielloken

Return>>>Tower>>>Fellowship

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 400
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 31/8/2012 5:46:25 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Fellowship = Towers = King

Should be higher!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 401
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 1/9/2012 1:12:25 AM   
chambanzi

I find it hard to rank them but I'd probably say
Towers- Fellowship- Return

Unlike most trilogies though there really isn't a weak link. All three are spectacular in they're own way.

< Message edited by chambanzi -- 1/9/2012 1:13:30 AM >

Post #: 402
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 6:13:07 PM   
Rebel scum

Interesting how people have a different favourite for LOTR.

Oh, except

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Fellowship = Towers = King

Should be higher!

It was my #1 till about three years ago, if that's any consolation.

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 403
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 6:14:27 PM   
Rebel scum

3-12 Angry Men (SOME SPOILERS)

12 Angry Men is as far removed from the bombast and epicness of Lord of the Rings as you can get. What we have here is a real-time film featuring a bunch of nameless guys in one room sitting down and chatting, trying to work out the exact details revealed in a murder and trial, neither of which we see, and the man they’re deciding the fate of is only seen once, and very briefly. A film such as this lives or dies on the standard of the writing and performances, and the reason this places third on my list is because both are amongst the very best in cinema.

What is really incredible is that even though there are twelve characters in the film, they all come across as real human beings, and all have something of a character arc that develops naturally throughout the course of the film. While the attention each character’s arc gets is by no means balanced (No #12 doesn’t get much, while No #3 gets a whole lot), they are all interesting, dynamic characters who serve as more than mouthpieces for various counter-arguments for #8 to refute. What’s even better is that these characters all get their moment in the spotlight, good or bad, and they’re all memorable moments. While more obvious standouts include #10’s desperate monologue to an increasingly empty table and #3 finally snapping, the “lesser” characters get their own moments too. For example, #11 gets little real dramatic meat for most of the film, but his vocal calling out of #7’s changing his vote so they can leave soon is short but one of the best bits in the film. The characters would be far lesser, however, if not for the actors portraying them. Fonda is great as the lead, desperately trying to do the right thing and question what’s put before him instead of blindly accepting it, but the support are all brilliant. If asked to single out the best, Lee J Cobb, Ed Begley and E G Marshall are the standouts, but really everyone’s brilliant. This is the best ensemble cast in any film.

What further makes it a great film is that it’s also thrilling as hell, which surprised me the first time I saw it because I didn’t see how a bunch of guys chatting could be suspenseful. The arguments being brought up by the opposing side get better as it goes along (Climaxing with #4 almost overturning everything #8 had done), and at the same time #8 gets more people willing to take his side and make arguments in the favour of the young man. There are moments here that are just as edge-of-your-seat thrilling as any car chase or gunfight, and it all boils down to a turn of phrase, or an argument being thrown back in someone’s face. Put simply, this is the tensest debate ever put on film.

BEST SCENE: Hard to choose, but probably a tie between #10’s monologue that finishes him and “You don’t really mean you’ll kill me, do you?”

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 404
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 6:38:27 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

It was my #1 till about three years ago, if that's any consolation.

It is. Plus, 12 Angry Men is so good I don't mind it being above LOTR.

Much more better!

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 405
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 9:44:58 PM   
chambanzi

Yeah 12 Angry Men is awesome. It is one of those films that fits the cliche of 'They don't make em like this anymore.'

< Message edited by chambanzi -- 2/9/2012 9:45:09 PM >

Post #: 406
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 10:07:14 PM   
MovieAddict247

12 Angry Men is so, so, so, so, so good.

quote:

BEST SCENE: Hard to choose, but probably a tie between #10’s monologue that finishes him and “You don’t really mean you’ll kill me, do you?”[/font][/size]

That's one of my favourite parts - that and when #3 says "He was an old man. Half the time he was confused. How could he be positive about anything! "

All the performances are great; the way the actors create such developed characters is amazing when there are only bits and pieces hinted about them throughout the script - I'd love to see it on stage to see how other actors interpret them.

The whole concept of the film/play is something I find so interesting - the power of argument, the social ranking they all seem to adopt within minutes of entering the room, etc. The whole thing is amazing.

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 407
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 10:13:52 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

That's one of my favourite parts - that and when #3 says "He was an old man. Half the time he was confused. How could he be positive about anything! "

Sonuvabitch, I completely forgot that bit!

quote:

The whole concept of the film/play is something I find so interesting - the power of argument, the social ranking they all seem to adopt within minutes of entering the room, etc. The whole thing is amazing.

That's also a brilliant thing about it-especially that #8's pretty quiet and almost fades into the background until the vote is called, while the big brash ones are big and brash right from the off.

Post #: 408
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 10:31:41 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

quote:

That's also a brilliant thing about it-especially that #8's pretty quiet and almost fades into the background until the vote is called, while the big brash ones are big and brash right from the off.

A lot like #4 too - who becomes such a major player, but in a quiet sort of way.

I also love the difference in all their conversions to "not guilty" and their reasons behind it.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 409
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 2/9/2012 10:45:35 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

quote:

quote:

A lot like #4 too - who becomes such a major player, but in a quiet sort of way.

I also love the difference in all their conversions to "not guilty" and their reasons behind it.

#4 is great, especially in his final comment to #10.

The reasons behind "not guilty" are all really well done, especially since if the reason's terrible they get chewed out for it-the film's surprisingly light on taking sides negatively, #3 and #10 excepted. On that note, the gradual shift in numbers is yet another reason I love it, especially the shock moment where there's a vote change back to "guilty"-that shocked the hell out of me on first watch.

Post #: 410
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 5:58:54 PM   
Rebel scum

2-Aliens

I’m probably the only person ever to prefer Aliens to Alien, and I’m fully aware that for many, Alien is undeniably the best. The reason for this popular opinion, I think, is that there’s only one creature, and it’s treated more like a slasher than a sci-fi monster mash. However, I would argue that Aliens is just as much of a slasher film as the original was, and it’s only because the most well-known bits are the brief bursts of action that Aliens has got a reputation as a balls-to-the-wall action flick.

For example, even though the alien food has been changed from weaponless space miners to the biggest badasses in the galaxy, the film contains just as much patience in building tension as the original did. Sure, on the way there the whole squad’s laughing and joking, but the moment it becomes clear there’s something wrong in the base the buddy-buddy humour dries up and is replaced by a cold, clinical professionalism. The scenes when they explore the base make it almost appear like these guys could actually win. The film takes its time with this, patiently observing the empty pulses of the motion trackers and the tactical examination of the base, hinting at the inevitable shitstorm that happened at the base, but focussing mainly on teasing the audience with all manner of dark corridors and ominous camera angles. Then, once it’s built you up to have confidence in the marines, BOOM! An explosion of action as the aliens attack from nowhere, and not even two minutes later it’s over, the marines are all but wiped out, and the survivors are trapped and terrified. A flawless buildup of tension, a sudden unexpected release, and a swift, brutal attack that forces all who survive to run-how does this in any way demean the xenomorphs?

That’s just one example, but the entire film is a masterclass in building tension, then allowing for a brief, brutal release. There are, what, maybe four bits in the film that can be called anything like action sequences, and most of those are just massacres-this is not a big, dumb action movie. Someone sat down and thought about subtlety and pacing, and making the actual action mean something, instead of it just being guns firing and the aliens falling down.

It is this, coupled with perhaps the strongest female lead in any sci-fi movie, a great, endlessly quotable script, and a myriad of brilliant moments, which make Aliens my second-favourite film. Not that any of you will agree, you bastards.

BEST SCENE: The one detailed above, the sweep of the facility and the wiping out of most of the marines. Flawless cinema.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 411
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 5:59:46 PM   
Rebel scum

1-Se7en

Better than Ikiru.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 412
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 6:12:45 PM   
Rebel scum

And I'm done! The list in full:

1-Se7en
2-Aliens
3-12 Angry Men
4-The Lord of the Rings
5-Airplane!
6-Jurassic Park
7-The Shining
8-Pan’s Labyrinth
9-Galaxy Quest
10-Memento
11-Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
12-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
13-Downfall
14-The Lion King
15-The Shawshank Redemption
16-Alien
17-Groundhog Day
18-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
19-The Princess Bride
20-The Silence of the Lambs
21-Casablanca
22-American Beauty
23-North by Northwest
24-The Dark Knight
25-Brazil
26-On the Waterfront
27-Moon
28-Magnolia
29-Rear Window
30-Raiders of the Lost Ark
31-The Matrix
32-The Orphanage
33-Predator
34-Dog Day Afternoon
35-A Clockwork Orange
36-Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
37-The Rocky Horror Picture Show
38-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
39-The Wicker Man
40-Dirty Harry
41-The Fog (1980)
42-Watchmen
43-The Thing (1982)
44-Shutter Island
45-Die Hard
46-Up
47-Blade Runner
48-Black Swan
49-Halloween
50-No Country for Old Men
51-Unforgiven
52-Jaws
53-Blazing Saddles
54-Glengarry Glen Ross
55-The Seventh Seal
56-Toy Story 3
57-Inception
58-The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
59-A History of Violence
60-Paths of Glory
61-The Adventures of Robin Hood
62-Heavenly Creatures
63-Requiem For A Dream
64-Peeping Tom
65-The Killing Fields
66-The Big Lebowski
67-An American Werewolf in London
68-Ringu
69-The Wages Of Fear
70-Eight-Legged Freaks
71-Barton Fink
72-Collateral
73-Clerks
74-The Nightmare Before Christmas
75-The Spirit of the Beehive
76-The Sixth Sense
77-Life of Brian
78-The Birds
79-Ghostbusters
80-Stand By Me
81-Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
82-Strangers on a Train
83-The Usual Suspects
84-Goldeneye
85-The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
86-Them!
87-The Prince of Egypt
88-Session 9
89-The Last of the Mohicans
90-Assault On Precinct 13 (1976)
91-City of God
92-From Russia With Love
93-District 9
94-Pink Floyd’s The Wall
95-Beauty and the Beast (1991)
96-La Jetee
97-The Mist
98-The Fly (1986)
99-It’s A Wonderful Life
100- Evil Dead II
101-Let the Right One In
102-Citizen Kane
103-Ran
104- High Fidelity
105-Full Metal Jacket
106-The Green Mile
107-Spirited Away
108-Monsters Inc.
109-Shaun of the Dead
110-Platoon
111-Fight Club
112-Black Book
113-X-Men 2
114-The Maltese Falcon

< Message edited by Rebel scum -- 14/9/2012 6:19:00 PM >

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 413
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 6:59:18 PM   
Rebel scum

And as a side-note, since I've finished this I've finally gotten round to updating my top 100. It now looks very, very different to this list .

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 414
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 7:52:29 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

I’m probably the only person ever to prefer Aliens to Alien, and I’m fully aware that for many, Alien is undeniably the best.

I used to prefer Aliens when I was younger but as I got older I began to appreciate the original more and more. Still a great choice though.

Se7en is amazing but not Fincher's best.

Congrats on finishing the list Rebel, it was a great read and quite a few of my favourite films are well represented. You should post your updated top 100 as a list. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the old one.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 415
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 8:28:41 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

Congrats on finishing the list Rebel, it was a great read and quite a few of my favourite films are well represented. You should post your updated top 100 as a list. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the old one.

Thanks .

And since you asked:

In Brief, My Updated Top 100, Taking Into Account An Extra Years' Worth Of Films

1-Seven
2-Aliens
3-12 Angry Men
4-The Lord of the Rings
5-Airplane!
6-Jurassic Park
7-The Shining
8-Pan’s Labyrinth
9-Galaxy Quest
10-Memento
11-Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
12-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
13-Downfall
14-The Lion King
15-The Shawshank Redemption
16-Alien
17-Groundhog Day
18-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
19-The Cabin in the Woods
20-The Princess Bride
21-The Silence of the Lambs
22-Casablanca
23-North by Northwest
24-The Secret of Kells
25-Brazil
26-On the Waterfront
27-Moon
28-Magnolia
29-Rear Window
30-Raiders of the Lost Ark
31-The Matrix
32-The Orphanage
33-Predator
34-A Clockwork Orange
35-Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
36-The Rocky Horror Picture Show
37-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
38-American Beauty
39-The Wicker Man
40-The Artist
41-The Fog (1980)
42-Dog Day Afternoon
43-Watchmen
44-The Thing (1982)
45-Shutter Island
46-Up
47-Eight-Legged Freaks
48-Black Swan
49-Halloween
50-50/50
51-No Country for Old Men
52-The Dark Knight
53-Unforgiven
54-Jaws
55-Blazing Saddles
56-It’s A Wonderful Life
57-Wild Strawberries
58-Glengarry Glen Ross
59-The Seventh Seal
60-Toy Story 3
61-Inception
62-The Apartment
63-The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
64-A History of Violence
65-Paths of Glory
66-Dirty Harry
67-The Adventures of Robin Hood
68-Heavenly Creatures
69-Requiem For A Dream
70-Peeping Tom
71-Ivan’s Childhood
72-The Killing Fields
73-Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
74-Wallace and Gromit Shorts
75-Six Shooter
76-An American Werewolf in London
77-Ringu
78-The Wages Of Fear
79-Die Hard
80-Barton Fink
81-Collateral
82-Clerks
83-The Nightmare Before Christmas
84-The Penalty
85-The Spirit of the Beehive
86-The Sixth Sense
87-Life of Brian
88-American History X
89-The Birds
90-Come And See
91-Ghostbusters
92-Stand By Me
93-Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
94-Hugo
95-Strangers on a Train
96-The Usual Suspects
97-Goldeneye
98-The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
99-Them!
100-The Blair Witch Project

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 416
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 14/9/2012 11:18:16 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Se7en's ace. A few months back I'd have said Aliens was crap. It's not, but Alien is better

Much more better!

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 417
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/9/2012 7:54:15 AM   
MovieAddict247

I feel I should rewatch Se7en. I think it's a good film, but I don't think it's all that. And it's nowhere near Fincher's best.

Post #: 418
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/9/2012 8:11:41 AM   
Rebel scum

quote:

I feel I should rewatch Se7en. I think it's a good film, but I don't think it's all that. And it's nowhere near Fincher's best.

What do you think is?

Post #: 419
RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films - 15/9/2012 8:29:32 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

quote:

What do you think is?

Zodiac - by far my favourite, and I think technically his best too. Se7en isn't bad at all, but I just don't get the love for it.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Rebel Scum's Top 100 Favourite Films Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI