Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS4 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/2/2013 11:20:33 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

I'll probably make the effort and watch it live as well.

That said if I'm rewarded with an annoucement on the PS4 being all "Move Based!", "Immersive!", "Out Of This World!" and "Like Nothing You've Ever Seen!" with some PR vid featuring trendy metrosexual looking twenty somethings waving their genitals in front of a TV to control the latest Uncharted game, I'm going to be pissed.

I just fucking dare you Sony, same goes for you Microsoft!

What about if they go back to their roots? Forgoe the motion controls and concentrate on 'The Cell' or 'Emotion Engine' and other such chipsets which can fly you to the moon and launch nuclear missiles whilst simultaneously being purposefully difficult to code games for? Surely that'll sell you the premise of the next console?

Best still is whilst these statements were run of the mill Sony, we now have a situation whereby Kaz Hirai is heading Sony and Phil Harrison is rather high up at Xbox, meaning we could get these great comments from both reveals now.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 31
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/2/2013 11:12:09 AM   
borstal

SHP is right, it will be a bullshit blitzkreig.

The new PS4 will zap us tron-like into a true gaming universe with realtime 10,000 reflections on each drip of water which will make us cry as we bathe in awe at its beauty.

No doubt there will be some very impressive information detailing how awesome games will be but they'll never get close to when I first played Atic Atac on the speccy. It felt like a whole new universe opened in front of me when I played that.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 32
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/2/2013 11:17:41 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

RIDGE RACER!!!!

.....tumbleweed  

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 33
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/2/2013 10:55:59 PM   
SWOTBM

Lol IGN are doing a live stream and skyping with bloggers- they are getting bombarded by other skype callers. Freakin hilarious seeing Adolf Hitler calling IGN

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 34
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/2/2013 11:05:31 PM   
SWOTBM

Nice touch with the PS1 intro music

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 35
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/2/2013 11:11:16 PM   
SWOTBM

PS4 confirmed

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 36
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/2/2013 11:19:50 PM   
paulyboy

Live streams are fooked everywhere I go!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 37
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 1:34:29 AM   
indysgill

My PS3 feed went off line 10 mins in, took me 20 more to get a PC connection.
Missed the bit on the new controller.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 38
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 7:47:51 AM   
ChickMagnet

I gave in after an hour and went to bed just before the demos went up. To be honest, all this social gaming shizz didn't get me excited, don't get me wrong it was impressive but it isn't something I'd want from a console

< Message edited by ChickMagnet -- 21/2/2013 7:48:23 AM >
Post #: 39
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 8:37:37 AM   
sroey

No hardware to display? What a very odd showcase and presentation.

Here is the new controller! But no mention of the actual PS4 hardware I was expecting a big reveal? They dropped the ball to be honest on that one.

Sure Killzone looked nice and the Media Molecule demo was superb. But it all felt a little flat...

I like the share button - thats a neat feature. I mean why show the Square Enix demo that has been online for a while?

Mixed on this one...

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 40
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 9:20:40 AM   
paulyboy

My feed went dead 5 minutes in, tried in vain for half an hour after that to get it back, but all the sites were using the exact same feed, gave up in the end.

Will have to watch the presentation later today and will post my thoughts then.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 41
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 11:09:14 AM   
James2183

My Eurogamer feed went dead after 15 minutes but I moved over to Game Trailers and it worked fine.

Overall I was a little disappointed. The graphics looked good in most of the games but there was nothing that made me feel the need to move away from Microsoft at the minute.

Killzone looked great, but then it's a Killzone game so the gameplay is likely to be pants.

Deep Down and Watch_Dogs look awesome but they're going to be multiplatform so will just wait for next XBox for them.

Was interested to see what Witness would be like, but telling us it's a puzzle game and then actually showing us no puzzles was a bit of a letdown. Which was the same with Blizzard and their 'exclusive' Diablo 3 release. The game has already been out a year on PC so the majority of fans will have played it.

I like the share button option, particularly because it will piss off Activision and their CoD Elite bollocks. However the option to let friends take over your game because your stuck is an awful one. No wonder people are saying games are getting easier.

Overall, a lot better than the PS3 launch but nothing yet to make me want to go out and get one on release.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 42
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 11:56:08 AM   
Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

My Eurogamer feed went dead after 15 minutes but I moved over to Game Trailers and it worked fine.

Overall I was a little disappointed. The graphics looked good in most of the games but there was nothing that made me feel the need to move away from Microsoft at the minute.

Killzone looked great, but then it's a Killzone game so the gameplay is likely to be pants.

Deep Down and Watch_Dogs look awesome but they're going to be multiplatform so will just wait for next XBox for them.

Was interested to see what Witness would be like, but telling us it's a puzzle game and then actually showing us no puzzles was a bit of a letdown. Which was the same with Blizzard and their 'exclusive' Diablo 3 release. The game has already been out a year on PC so the majority of fans will have played it.

I like the share button option, particularly because it will piss off Activision and their CoD Elite bollocks. However the option to let friends take over your game because your stuck is an awful one. No wonder people are saying games are getting easier.

Overall, a lot better than the PS3 launch but nothing yet to make me want to go out and get one on release.

That's pretty much the way I feel. I've always been a Sony gamer but there's nothing I saw that compels me to upgrade. The graphics look good but certainly not the leap from PS2 to PS3. As for all the other stuff and social connectivity...it holds zero appeal for me. If the biggest thing about the PS4 is lack of intrusive updates and loading times then, whilst welcome, it's not enough for me to purchase it.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 43
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 12:34:52 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Two gripes, firstly they didn't really mention what the console was capable of, no mention of 1080p60 as a standard which for me is a must, and the big announcements were all software based, stuff which could easily be added to the existing console with a software update.

The other thing, their big reveal was the awful controller and yet no games shown gave mention to these new control methods.

I'll wait and see what Microsoft offer in April.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 44
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 6:13:37 PM   
kata

Live streaming is a big deal for a few of my friends so they have a massive plus point there. Gotta say I like the idea of being able to record any of my gameplay at a system level then edit and upload it. Also being able to remotely access your friends games could be pretty good too.

I thought the specs looked quite good too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-playstation-4

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 45
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 6:24:31 PM   
paulyboy

Just got round to watching it all, hit and miss really.

Miss:

- No hardware on show. Just lots of snazzy slideshow diagrams, even the UI glimpse was beyond brief.
- According to various reports on the web it was confirmed after the show that stuff like Watchdogs was running on PC. To be fair final hardware may still not even exist yet, so most of this stuff will be running on a development kit at the best of times, but I never trust these demos, they've been misleading before.
- An awful lot of buzz word PR bollocks floating around throughout the presentation.
- The Dual Shock is back, Noooooooooooooooooooo!
- Whilst OK looking, most of the software reveals were a bit "meh". Club Drive didn't really look a great deal better than the latest Forza or GT, Killzone whilst lovely looking is still, well, Killzone.
- Given the hardware I just can't see it being cheap, I'll eat my own legs if it's 300 or under.

Hit:

- 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, wowsers. Based on rumours before hand that was the main advantage the new Xbox hardware had over PS4, now that's out of the window Microsoft are starting on a back foot somewhat, again, if rumours are to be believed. The GDDR3 Microsoft are supposedly using is lower latency but provides far less bandwidth, couple that with the (again, alleged) weaker GPU and the Xbox just isn't as powerful, anyway you cut it.

- The Gaikai stuff is great in principle, demos and past Playstaion software playable at the touch of a button sounds fantastic, but details were low on the ground and the inference was more on possibilities than what they are actually going to implement and when. I'm certainly not expecting it to launch with the Gaikai stuff fully functional, I'm still not convinced it's completely doable at this stage, I've played with OnLive and Gaikai before and they're touch and go unless you're lucky enough to be trying at off-peak times.

- PS Vita support sounds good and has potential.

- Overall it looks like it'll be a fantastic piece of hardware, I couldn't give a rat's arse about all of the social aspects Sony seem intent on plugging, the console itself looks like it's been very carefully designed with all eventualities accounted for.

Post #: 46
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 6:30:27 PM   
directorscut

To be fair first wave games rarely look great.

The penis-measuring with spec isn't really going to amount to a hill of beans. The PS3 was more powerful than the XBOX 360 and the 360 spanks its ass. While they were both much more powerful than the Wii and the Wii spank both their asses. Severely.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 47
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 6:59:10 PM   
James2183

The Wii spanked their asses on sales not on quality. I know which one I would rather have if it being judged on those merits.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 48
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 7:00:44 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

The penis-measuring with spec isn't really going to amount to a hill of beans. The PS3 was more powerful than the XBOX 360 and the 360 spanks its ass. While they were both much more powerful than the Wii and the Wii spank both their asses. Severely.

Come on, the PS3's advantage (on paper) was only ever marginal at best, given the clever design of the Xbox that advantage was rarely exploited, if at all. The odd lazy port (Bayonetta) aside the Xbox has never really spanked it's arse either, performance or sales wise.

The new Xbox & Playstation pretty much share the exact same CPU and GPU make-up this time round, so there's very little to confuse matters, the Playstation is a fairly substantial step up, certainly enough so that I'd expect multi-format releases to get a boost on that platform. That kind of matters to me, shallow as that might seem. Again, that's based on what we know thus far.

As for sales, yes the Wii was substantially less powerful and sold more, but it's also shite.

Post #: 49
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/2/2013 7:18:27 PM   
borstal

DC is right.

The console running all those mum friendly shovelware games are how these things should be measured.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 50
RE: The PS4 Thread - 22/2/2013 7:16:48 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

To be fair first wave games rarely look great.

Wow.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 51
RE: The PS4 Thread - 22/2/2013 8:16:59 AM   
From_Hell

The PS4 console is now available to pre-order at 400. The games are priced at a cat's whisker under 50...

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4HW00-playstation-4-console

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 52
RE: The PS4 Thread - 22/2/2013 8:20:19 AM   
Sleazy

http://uk.mg.bt.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=bt-1&.rand=f92d76u6irmc1

Shopto have the preorders up and are taking a guess at 399. Thats a bit rich for a launch purchase for me. Remember the PS3 tanking when released at 400 or 450. At around 300 I'd probably get one.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 53
RE: The PS4 Thread - 29/3/2013 3:00:58 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a469119/ps4-consoles-to-ship-with-headsets-and-a-very-large-hard-drive.html

A few more bits of information.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 54
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/5/2013 4:02:19 PM   
paulyboy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-mandates-vita-remote-play-for-ps4-games

I genuinely think this is a great thing, the PS Vita I got bought last year is gathering dust, remote play when the main TV is being held hostage by the other half really appeals, it's the best thing about the Wii U currently.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 55
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/5/2013 4:22:07 PM   
Rob

Apologies if I'm being dense but let's say I have a PS4 and I'm playing Call of Duty on it (multiplayer) does this mean my girlfriend can watch TV and I can play COD online on a Vita?

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 56
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/5/2013 4:28:13 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

Apologies if I'm being dense but let's say I have a PS4 and I'm playing Call of Duty on it (multiplayer) does this mean my girlfriend can watch TV and I can play COD online on a Vita?

Yep, the PS4 has a dedicated chip for encoding h.264 video, so it can stream the display output via video over the wireless to your Vita, it's effectively a localised version of how cloud gaming works, only without the more immediate drawbacks like internet bandwidth and controller latency.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 57
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/5/2013 4:32:38 PM   
Rob

Cheers. And you'd only need the PS4 copy of the game?

If so that's pretty cool and almost a compelling reason to consider a Vita!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 58
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/5/2013 4:35:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Now, having bought a Wii U a month or so ago I have to agree that this off screen play is one of the best features after initially thinking it was just a gimmick. This really appeals to me with the PS4, the only thing is you'd then have to buy a Vita if you didn't already own one which isn't cheap. I hope sony set up a PS4 bundle including a Vita where it makes the Vita half price or something as I would be tempted. Not having read up much about the Vita though, how does it handle? Does it have trigger buttons?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 59
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/5/2013 4:52:26 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Now, having bought a Wii U a month or so ago I have to agree that this off screen play is one of the best features after initially thinking it was just a gimmick. This really appeals to me with the PS4, the only thing is you'd then have to buy a Vita if you didn't already own one which isn't cheap. I hope sony set up a PS4 bundle including a Vita where it makes the Vita half price or something as I would be tempted. Not having read up much about the Vita though, how does it handle? Does it have trigger buttons?

Agreed, I honestly thought the same until I went round my brothers and had a go. You can even buy a car adaptor for the Wii U now, coupled with the gamepad you can take full fat copies of Assassin's Creed III and Arkham City on long car journeys with you, it's pretty cool.

The Vita sits pretty nicely in the palm, it's far more comfortable and considerably sleeker than the PSP was. It does have trigger buttons yes, although they're not brilliant in my opinion, the dual thumbsticks are quite decent though. It's a nice piece of kit, sadly lacking in support currently.

As for whether it's worth shelling out on a Vita just for the remote play? Personal preference I guess, I got bought one for my birthday so I it's not something I have to ponder, but I suppose it's potentially cheaper than having to buy another display for a separate man-cave.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI