Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS4 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS4 Thread - 8/12/2014 5:37:23 PM   
UTB

Wow, completely forgot about Driveclub. Will have to give it another go now the weather's dropped.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 511
RE: The PS4 Thread - 16/12/2014 9:05:34 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Wow, completely forgot about Driveclub. Will have to give it another go now the weather's dropped.

Shoot me a friend's request (Giz76) and I'll invite you to a club if you're not already in one.

Spent a lot of time on DC lately. It's probably my most I've played a racer since the PGR days. Just love the pick up and play nature of the tour and it's events... even got used to drifting now and have 3 starred all the main tour drift events.

A few youtube links to some vids I've done since the latest patch. Don't expect good driving though

Weather Update Video

Wet Race Video

Dashboard View Video - Water effects are crazy!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 512
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/12/2014 10:09:02 AM   
UTB

Wow it does look good. I am part of a clan but they don't play so I shall de-clan and join yours.

If I don't add you first: AntonioBay1980 is my ID.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 513
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/12/2014 11:09:29 AM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Wow it does look good. I am part of a clan but they don't play so I shall de-clan and join yours.

If I don't add you first: AntonioBay1980 is my ID.

You can jump in and out of Clubs, but you will lose your Club cars when you leave. But then you'll gain cars back from the new Club just depends who was the higher level as that'll have the most unlocks.... I think our Club is only a lowly level 14 at the moment

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 514
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/12/2014 2:56:09 PM   
UTB

Yeah ours is low too. Mostly because we played it for ages before you could actually start a clan so none of the reputation was applied to the clan :|

< Message edited by UTB -- 17/12/2014 2:58:57 PM >

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 515
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/12/2014 10:31:20 AM   
From_Hell

So is Driveclub worth a look now? I was tempted by the gorgeous visuals, but I hear the AI is a bit iffy and the launch didn't go particularly smoothly. Are all the game features up and running?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 516
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/12/2014 10:58:59 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

So is Driveclub worth a look now? I was tempted by the gorgeous visuals, but I hear the AI is a bit iffy and the launch didn't go particularly smoothly. Are all the game features up and running?

I'd say it's well worth a look if you enjoy a racer... The game gets off to a slow start and lacks the presentation and jazz of other games, but the actual core racing is excellent imo. Just give yourself a few hours to get into it all as the initial events aren't as good as what comes later. The Tour events are set between a few types; Race, Time Trial or Drift events, and then there are some multi-type cups as well. Each has different eligible cars that you can use for each event or tournament. Nothing new admitively, but the actual racing is so much fun, everything loads within 10 seconds odd, restarts are instant, which all adds to the 'just one more' go quality as you try and make up half a second on a time trial event.

The racing is a the middle ground of arcade and sim I guess. You do have to drive the courses to get the best out of them and find your lines, braking points etc.. There is no driving path, visible break points and rewind features to help. So you have to like the idea of perfecting courses and runs. Drifting is also a bit of an art, but with practise it comes.

The AI is more aggressive than iffy really... If you brake too much they can be known to rear end you, and if you cut across their racing line they might not take kindly to it; but they put up a good battle and you can have some great races with them as you fight for your place... Once you learn their ways you can lead them into trouble as well

The servers still aren't perfect though, but loads better than at launch with clubs and challenges now all fully working... but the occasional slow loading of leaderboards or servers unavailable does happen. They've still promised Replays and Private lobbies are to come next year, so you could say it's not totally the full package as yet.

And yep the visuals are gorgeous. Before this I'd say Killzone still held the visuals crown over InFamous, but since the weather dropped on top of the already great lighting, materials and cloud system... this is just want you wanted from the new generation. A real step forward in tech terms and rock solid performance as well. A geek's dream!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is my second most played game this year after Destiny, and I've enjoyed so much I've bought the season pass as well

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 517
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/12/2014 9:35:02 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

I'd say it's well worth a look if you enjoy a racer... The game gets off to a slow start and lacks the presentation and jazz of other games, but the actual core racing is excellent imo. Just give yourself a few hours to get into it all as the initial events aren't as good as what comes later. The Tour events are set between a few types; Race, Time Trial or Drift events, and then there are some multi-type cups as well. Each has different eligible cars that you can use for each event or tournament. Nothing new admitively, but the actual racing is so much fun, everything loads within 10 seconds odd, restarts are instant, which all adds to the 'just one more' go quality as you try and make up half a second on a time trial event.

The racing is a the middle ground of arcade and sim I guess. You do have to drive the courses to get the best out of them and find your lines, braking points etc.. There is no driving path, visible break points and rewind features to help. So you have to like the idea of perfecting courses and runs. Drifting is also a bit of an art, but with practise it comes.

The AI is more aggressive than iffy really... If you brake too much they can be known to rear end you, and if you cut across their racing line they might not take kindly to it; but they put up a good battle and you can have some great races with them as you fight for your place... Once you learn their ways you can lead them into trouble as well

The servers still aren't perfect though, but loads better than at launch with clubs and challenges now all fully working... but the occasional slow loading of leaderboards or servers unavailable does happen. They've still promised Replays and Private lobbies are to come next year, so you could say it's not totally the full package as yet.

And yep the visuals are gorgeous. Before this I'd say Killzone still held the visuals crown over InFamous, but since the weather dropped on top of the already great lighting, materials and cloud system... this is just want you wanted from the new generation. A real step forward in tech terms and rock solid performance as well. A geek's dream!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is my second most played game this year after Destiny, and I've enjoyed so much I've bought the season pass as well

Hmmm thanks mate. I was going to wait for the PS+ version, but as that doesn't seem to be showing up any time soon, I might just take the plunge and treat myself.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 518
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI