Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS4 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS4 Thread - 9/8/2014 8:58:04 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Currently working my way through the Last of Us. Genuinely no idea how I managed to cram in so much gaming before Remote Play existed. For me a Vita is a must for anyone with a PS4.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 481
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/8/2014 8:33:48 PM   
Scott_

Got me hands on a PS4 at last. I blame Bloodborne, that game looks awesome...that and it was fairly cheap.

I immediately Bought The Last of Us (Wow), played P.T, shit my insides and now I'm downloading DC Universe and WarFrame or Face...War-something anyway.

I'm finding the controller much better than the X1, I hate the shoulder buttons one the X1 controller and the horrible click they make. PS4 feels much more responsive and I like the light bar, it's kind of cool.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 482
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/8/2014 9:12:41 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Got me hands on a PS4 at last. I blame Bloodborne, that game looks awesome...that and it was fairly cheap.

I immediately Bought The Last of Us (Wow), played P.T, shit my insides and now I'm downloading DC Universe and WarFrame or Face...War-something anyway.

I'm finding the controller much better than the X1, I hate the shoulder buttons one the X1 controller and the horrible click they make. PS4 feels much more responsive and I like the light bar, it's kind of cool.

Dude, I'm always up for some DC Universe

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 483
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/8/2014 2:12:23 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

quote:

Dude, I'm always up for some DC Universe

Sa-weet. My PSN ID is N7-Scott. I have no idea what I'm doing, made some dude, fought on a spaceship and now I'm in a pub or something.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 484
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/8/2014 5:21:06 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

Just added you Scott_

Enjoy your time on the Sony side ...It's a bit different, and change is scary, but you'll be fine

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 485
RE: The PS4 Thread - 22/8/2014 8:31:18 AM   
Sleazy

just got Diablo 3. A mate knows someone at Blizzard so nabbed me a copy.

Havent played any of the series before but I like the look of it. Skylanders for adults yeah?

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 486
RE: The PS4 Thread - 22/8/2014 9:31:26 AM   
UTB

Been playing a lot of Blacklight Retribution lately, mostly for shits and giggles.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 487
RE: The PS4 Thread - 25/8/2014 8:11:58 AM   
jinks

So the network suffered a Ddos attack yesterday. Bloody hackers!

Was unable to sign in and getting errors whilst playing games causing it to reset back to the main dashboard (disc was immaculate too). 

Also on an unrelated notes (or is it, i dunno?) Ustream on PS4 was fuckered all weekend too and wasnt updating properly.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 488
RE: The PS4 Thread - 25/8/2014 10:18:35 AM   
superdan

Yeah, yesterday was my only day off for over a week and I had planned to download a game and have a full day sesh on it but thanks to those dickless fuckers I had to find something else to do.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 489
RE: The PS4 Thread - 26/8/2014 12:57:23 PM   
Gizmo 76

Decided before the next influx of new games land to upgrade my PS4's hard drive after seeing an article over on EG and chatting with SHP...

The actual process of replacing the current hard drive was nice and easy, and once I downloaded the 'correct' and 'full' firmware to a USB stick the installation process was done in a matter of minutes. The tedious side of it all was re-downloading your content, and your saves. The games because I had about 100gb of data to pulled down, and the save files even more so because Sony don't offer a nice 'import' or 'download' ALL option for your save files. So I had to work my way individually though each game once it was installed and bring their saves back across to the console.

But all done now, and lots of space for the years ahead

Looking forward to the InFamous First Light DLC tomorrow.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 490
RE: The PS4 Thread - 29/8/2014 8:06:53 AM   
Sleazy

logged into Diablo 3 last night and the postbox in the village contained a wizards hat or something sent by Giz.

Nice little feature of the game that, Cheers Giz!

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 491
RE: The PS4 Thread - 2/9/2014 8:32:58 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

Just added you Scott_

Enjoy your time on the Sony side ...It's a bit different, and change is scary, but you'll be fine

It's awesome so far. I need more friends, it feels like you are giving me pity likes on my activities because I've only got you and Hooch on me friends list.

Enjoying Metro Redux right now. The game looks glorious, 2033 is bloody annoying at times though. The Last of Us is also incredible, I like the photo mode. That shit is cool.

I have no idea how chat works either, the little headphone thing is weird. I'll figure it out...eventually.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 492
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/9/2014 11:44:15 AM   
jinks

quote:

Enjoying Metro Redux right now. The game looks glorious, 2033 is bloody annoying at times though. The Last of Us is also incredible, I like the photo mode. That shit is cool.

I have no idea how chat works either, the little headphone thing is weird. I'll figure it out...eventually.

Hey buddy, feel free to add me on PSN, im down as uberjinks. Currently on Metro Redux myself at the mo, and yeah its pretty tough in places as your guns are relatively underpowered - lost count how many times i carked it in the Dead City section! But saying that the game is very atmospheric and theres been one or two moments where i have jumped!

Chat wise, pretty simple. If you're chatting to friends on your list then just create a party from the option (name it if you like), select the type of party you want (i normally take the 2nd option, private kinda thing) and then select which of your friends on the list you wish to converse with and finally send the request - upon their acceptance Bob's your uncle you're in a chat.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 493
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/9/2014 1:02:45 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

Hey buddy, feel free to add me on PSN, im down as uberjinks. Currently on Metro Redux myself at the mo, and yeah its pretty tough in places as your guns are relatively underpowered - lost count how many times i carked it in the Dead City section! But saying that the game is very atmospheric and theres been one or two moments where i have jumped!

Chat wise, pretty simple. If you're chatting to friends on your list then just create a party from the option (name it if you like), select the type of party you want (i normally take the 2nd option, private kinda thing) and then select which of your friends on the list you wish to converse with and finally send the request - upon their acceptance Bob's your uncle you're in a chat.

Likewise, feel free to add me too - I'm From_Hell_01 on PSN. I don't often play multiplayer games, but it's nice to see others 'out there' playing games and I've had some nice sessions exchanging messages with Jinks while we were both playing The Last of Us.

With regards to Metro, have they done anything to iron out the difficulty? I played Metro 2033 on the Xbox 360 - the normal difficulty level was ridiculously tough, but easy was way too easy...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 494
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/9/2014 2:21:11 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

With regards to Metro, have they done anything to iron out the difficulty? I played Metro 2033 on the Xbox 360 - the normal difficulty level was ridiculously tough, but easy was way too easy...

Hey man! In Metro 2033 there's an option called 'Spartan' when selecting your playstyle. It basically makes it a little more like Last Light, meaning that supplies are more readily available, enemies drop bullets as well. Its definitely a lot easier, as 2033 was nails when i played waaaaaayyyy back in the day on the 360.
It's still pretty tricky in parts, but on this style of play ive not run out of ammo (come close though!) and ive retained many of my filters. Graphically it also changes your watch up too, on 'Survival' - which is how Metro 2033 was on the 360, your watch was analog but on Spartan its digital so its a tad easier to see when to switch gas mask filters. 

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 495
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/9/2014 9:34:40 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

It's awesome so far. I need more friends, it feels like you are giving me pity likes on my activities because I've only got you and Hooch on me friends list.

I usually give the odd 'Like' for new games being played and the odd trophy

I ditched the little included headset and picked up one of these cheap as chips over the head ones - Linky, does the job for multiplayer stuff.

Also use the Official Wireless Headset for when I'm Remote Playing on the Vita or have been told to keep the sound down late at night

I will pick up Metro Redux, but due to Diablo currently and Destiny next week I decided to leave it for a little bit.... Seems a bit of bargain though and sounds great from the reviews.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 496
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/9/2014 9:00:16 AM   
kata

Finished Metro 2033 last night and loved it. Did it on Survival - Hardcore and didn't have too much trouble so perhaps they altered the difficulty. Going to start Last Light tonight, try and get it done before Destiny on Tuesday.

Speaking of which, is anyone interested in teaming up for those Raids on Destiny?

Requires 6 people working together and there's no matchmaking. Be a bit Shit to miss out on the decent gear.

Added a few of you on PSN.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 497
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/9/2014 8:00:28 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Hey man! In Metro 2033 there's an option called 'Spartan' when selecting your playstyle. It basically makes it a little more like Last Light, meaning that supplies are more readily available, enemies drop bullets as well. Its definitely a lot easier, as 2033 was nails when i played waaaaaayyyy back in the day on the 360.
It's still pretty tricky in parts, but on this style of play ive not run out of ammo (come close though!) and ive retained many of my filters. Graphically it also changes your watch up too, on 'Survival' - which is how Metro 2033 was on the 360, your watch was analog but on Spartan its digital so its a tad easier to see when to switch gas mask filters. 

Thanks mate. I never did get to Last Light so I may well pick this up after I'm done with Tomb Raider...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 498
RE: The PS4 Thread - 7/9/2014 12:16:41 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Finished Metro 2033 last night and loved it. Did it on Survival - Hardcore and didn't have too much trouble so perhaps they altered the difficulty. Going to start Last Light tonight, try and get it done before Destiny on Tuesday.

Speaking of which, is anyone interested in teaming up for those Raids on Destiny?

Requires 6 people working together and there's no matchmaking. Be a bit Shit to miss out on the decent gear.

Added a few of you on PSN.

I'll be about on Destiny... I know Neo (shug7hamster) is getting, and I'd imagine SHP (N47H-14) will crumble and join us . One of my nephew's will also be about at times, and then I'm sure we can get together others from our friend lists to attack the 6 player Raids.

Really looking forward to it.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 499
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI