Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS4 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/6/2014 4:35:35 PM   
Lensman 23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lensman 23

I was pretty dispondent with Watch_Dogs - loaded started nicely with a mission at the football stadium and flipping between cameras. But after that boring ell! not gripping, the graphics were shoddy!

So instead I traded it back (and somehow got all my money back) and got MGS:GZ, even though I wanted to wait for TPP. but now, that is a game!!!!

Watch_Dogs had a dull opening few hours, but once you start to unlock your gadgets and weapons and progress into Act 2 onwards I had a lot of fun manipulating the world. Visually I also think while it looks kinda flat in the high sun during the day, it can also look pretty decent and runs nice and smooth.... Water is especially nicely done. But the start of the game doesn't get it off on a great foot.

Currently I'm at about 86% completed I think 'Progression' wise, just some online stuff to do, then the digital trips and if I can be bothered... The Drinking Game

All in all it might not live up to the expectations, but a solid and enjoyable game imo

After putting about 5 hours into the Alpha, one game that I am now looking forward to a fair bit now, is Destiny... Had a lot of fun completing missions with randoms, exploring the world, upgrading my suit and weapons, and doing funny dances. - SHAREfactory Mix up Vid

oh hey man!

yeah we spoke about how excited i was for it....... maybe i should give it another try, will possibly wait for it to come down in price,

Anyone catch E3? so many good games coming out!!

Twitter: @MrSehdeva
PSN: Lensman23

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 451
RE: The PS4 Thread - 23/6/2014 2:26:21 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lensman 23

oh hey man!

yeah we spoke about how excited i was for it....... maybe i should give it another try, will possibly wait for it to come down in price,

Anyone catch E3? so many good games coming out!!

Yeah even with all the 2015 delays and stuff scheduled for later next year and beyond, this autumn and winter is a pretty packed release schedule with loads of great stuff on the way!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 452
RE: The PS4 Thread - 29/6/2014 7:33:36 PM   
Ghidorah

UFC is rubbish!

Nothing worst than spending full price on a beat'em up with broken controls and shallow content. While I haven't played the demo, I have seen it in action, and I have to agree with people that the demo is 90% of the game. The only thing that is missing are 60 other fighters, online, a shitloud of frustration which happen to be career mode and that about it.

The career mode is single player and the best way to describe it is frustration. The game mode is poorly thought out and it doesn't matter what character you started off with. At the end of the day you will be leveling up your character again and again untill there's nothing left to upgrade. He will learn all the martial arts moves from everysingle decliplineary and can do bone breaking lightening strikes. It doesn't matter if you created a boxer, wrestler, etc in the end this character will become an martial art expert in every discipline known to man.

Let me bullet point the stuff to expect in the career mode

* Video
* Video
* Punch a punching bag
* Dodge punches
* Work on the clinch
* Video
* An actual fight

* Video
* Video
* Kick Pads
* Work on clinch
* Having a spar fight
* Video
* Video
* Video
* An actual fight

* Video
* Do submission moves
* Punch the punching bag
* Get out of the clinch
* Video
* An actual fight

* Video
* Video
* Practice blocking
* Practice my kicks
* Practice my punches
* Video
* An actual fight.

Other than trying to capture the fighters faces, or recreate muscles, everything else in this game is basic and it should be consider a criminal offense to lable this as Next Gen. What happening outside the ring is exactly the same like each match use the same two ring girls. There isn't any variety going on in the matches except for the fights themselve and they wouldn't be so bad if the controls weren't complicated or unworkable.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 453
RE: The PS4 Thread - 30/6/2014 9:35:13 AM   
kumar

finally got one two weeks ago with battlefield4 and watchdogs. Not got online yet, but thought b4 campaign was quite short. While I haven't got far in watchdogs it's bloody difficult to get a grip-some parts are so quick paced and I've barely learned the basic moves.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 454
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/7/2014 2:44:39 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

UFC is rubbish!

Nothing worst than spending full price on a beat'em up with broken controls and shallow content. While I haven't played the demo, I have seen it in action, and I have to agree with people that the demo is 90% of the game. The only thing that is missing are 60 other fighters, online, a shitloud of frustration which happen to be career mode and that about it.

The career mode is single player and the best way to describe it is frustration. The game mode is poorly thought out and it doesn't matter what character you started off with. At the end of the day you will be leveling up your character again and again untill there's nothing left to upgrade. He will learn all the martial arts moves from everysingle decliplineary and can do bone breaking lightening strikes. It doesn't matter if you created a boxer, wrestler, etc in the end this character will become an martial art expert in every discipline known to man.

Let me bullet point the stuff to expect in the career mode

* Video
* Video
* Punch a punching bag
* Dodge punches
* Work on the clinch
* Video
* An actual fight

* Video
* Video
* Kick Pads
* Work on clinch
* Having a spar fight
* Video
* Video
* Video
* An actual fight

* Video
* Do submission moves
* Punch the punching bag
* Get out of the clinch
* Video
* An actual fight

* Video
* Video
* Practice blocking
* Practice my kicks
* Practice my punches
* Video
* An actual fight.

Other than trying to capture the fighters faces, or recreate muscles, everything else in this game is basic and it should be consider a criminal offense to lable this as Next Gen. What happening outside the ring is exactly the same like each match use the same two ring girls. There isn't any variety going on in the matches except for the fights themselve and they wouldn't be so bad if the controls weren't complicated or unworkable.

Glad i cancelled my pre-order  for this one - looking at the live streams all the characters seemed to fight the same and the lack of modes looked almost criminal. Whilst it did looks quite nice though. So i picked up UFC Undisputed 3 instead.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 455
RE: The PS4 Thread - 4/7/2014 9:32:32 AM   
superdan

I had to delete some PSN games off my hard-drive yesterday as, to my surprise, the HDD was chock full! What's the word on expanding the storage? I know I can get a 1TB laptop HDD to put in it, but given I've managed to fill half that size in 5 months without any films or music being put on it I'm starting to wonder if even that'll be enough

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 456
RE: The PS4 Thread - 4/7/2014 7:25:55 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I had to delete some PSN games off my hard-drive yesterday as, to my surprise, the HDD was chock full! What's the word on expanding the storage? I know I can get a 1TB laptop HDD to put in it, but given I've managed to fill half that size in 5 months without any films or music being put on it I'm starting to wonder if even that'll be enough

Its pretty much getting to the stage with mine, where im only installing and keeping games on there if im prepared to play em. I mean i uninstall Killzone ShadowFall every time i pretty much play it (probably 'cos its slightly boring, i dunno?)   Wolfenstein comes in at a whopping 50gb install (s'bit much! although i do play it more than Snore Zone).

Apparently you CAN expand the storage Superdan -

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125129-ps4-how-to-upgrade-the-hard-drive-up-to-a-whopping-2tb-the-easy-way

hope this helps....

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 457
RE: The PS4 Thread - 5/7/2014 7:58:03 PM   
superdan

Bit the bullet today and bought a 2tb drive, installed it with no problems and seems to work fine. Means I probably won't be able to afford any games for a month or two but worth it in the long run I reckon as I can't stand having to delete stuff off. Have spent half the day having to re-download everything though

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 458
RE: The PS4 Thread - 14/7/2014 3:42:31 PM   
jinks

quote:

. Have spent half the day having to re-download everything though

That's a MAJOR ballache to do especially on my PS3 - ive done it enough times (ive not been the luckiest with a PS3 - 5 consoles later: 1)Yellow Light of Death, 2)kicking a glass of orange over the replacement, 3)son jamming discs into the third, 4)dodgy laser on the replacement ps3 the shop gave me).

Glad you got all setup ok though man

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 459
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/7/2014 8:29:14 PM   
Hooch0959

I got two Destiny Beta Codes if anyone is interested

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 460
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/7/2014 9:55:41 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

VERY.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 461
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 6:33:52 AM   
Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

VERY.

Check your PS messages dude

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 462
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 8:19:16 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

VERY.

Check your PS messages dude

Cheers mate, greatly appreciated. That's my evening sorted out then

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 463
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 8:27:56 AM   
UTB

quote:

Me me me me me

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 464
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 9:11:39 AM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Me me me me me

Send me a friends request then dude Hooch0959 and I'll send it over off my phone whilst I'm on the road today

The PM system on here keeps eating my messages

< Message edited by Hooch0959 -- 18/7/2014 9:14:12 AM >

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 465
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 9:41:23 AM   
UTB

Done!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 466
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 9:45:48 AM   
paulyboy

Even though I'm planning on picking up the One version, I still managed to scrounge a PS4 code, downloaded last night after wrestling with PSN for a while, even then it was sloooooooooow.

Will have a crack tonight.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 467
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/7/2014 12:00:45 PM   
kata

Did the story missions last night. There's not a huge amount more than was in the alpha, it's just linked together better.

9 week wait until release is far too long.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 468
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/7/2014 8:26:33 AM   
superdan

Had a bash on it last night and at first I found it a bit awkward and underwhelming, but after half and hour or so I found myself really getting into it. The multiplayer is quite clever in the way you are able to ignore others or join in with them, and I also found it surprisingly challenging (that Archon or whatever it is took some beating). I'm pretty much certain I'll be getting them game now.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 469
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/7/2014 10:24:54 AM   
superdan

Also, the music is fantastic.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 470
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/7/2014 9:30:08 PM   
UTB

Having spent all afternoon on Wolfenstein, then giving this a crack, I'm thoroughly impressed. The one thing I never liked about Halo has been improved (the feedback on gunfire) and it looks effing amazing in comparison to Wolfenstein (which looks ok but nothing special). I'm in. Cheers to Hooch for the code

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 471
RE: The PS4 Thread - 20/7/2014 6:54:03 PM   
paulyboy

If only it was as smooth as Wolfenstein, that's my only real criticism of the BETA. I know there's a frame pacing bug which Bungie have yet to iron out, but it feels slightly choppy to play at the moment, like it's not even running at the supposed 30fps. I know it is, it just never feels like it though, perhaps I'm overly sensitive to such things, takes the sheen off the whole thing though.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 472
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 8:29:14 AM   
From_Hell

Don't suppose anyone has a spare Beta code for Destiny??

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 473
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 11:45:30 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Came in here looking for a thread but rather surprised there isn't one.

Surely there are more than me on the Beta? If so what's everyone's thoughts so far?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 474
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 2:32:33 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

If only it was as smooth as Wolfenstein, that's my only real criticism of the BETA. I know there's a frame pacing bug which Bungie have yet to iron out, but it feels slightly choppy to play at the moment, like it's not even running at the supposed 30fps. I know it is, it just never feels like it though, perhaps I'm overly sensitive to such things, takes the sheen off the whole thing though.

Dude one of us is broke lol. I ain't seen nothing untoward and was only saying to my lad last night how great I though it looked

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 475
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 2:35:19 PM   
kata

quote:

I have a spare, still need it?

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 476
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 2:38:38 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Came in here looking for a thread but rather surprised there isn't one.

Surely there are more than me on the Beta? If so what's everyone's thoughts so far?

I'm loving it Bob. I think it looks great, enjoyed the story stuff and hoping it get more in depth in the final version, which you would think it would. exploring old Russia is where I've really enjoyed it, teaming up with strangers to take down the mech and teaming up and failing every time to take down the Troll thing in the cave. I also found two Vandals (i think they were Vandals) who were immune to everything I threw at them. I concur that the music really is great

I'm not completely sold on the Crucible yet though.

I've only tried Titan and Warlock so far, I'm going to try a Hunter later this week. I've also yet to try any co-op with friends either

I shall need to purchase a set of Cans like TB for the full version. Anyone got any recommendations?

< Message edited by Hooch0959 -- 21/7/2014 3:22:16 PM >

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 477
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 3:13:51 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

Oh, yes please!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 478
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 3:34:25 PM   
kata

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, yes please!

PM'd

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 479
RE: The PS4 Thread - 21/7/2014 7:21:08 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, yes please!

PM'd

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI