Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The PS4 Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 9:03:49 AM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lensman 23

How has everyone's first weekend with their PS4 been?

I gotta say - i'm disappointed with FIFA but Killzone is a nice surprise.

Really need to get some kind of game that is more†engaging.

Been good, not really had any trouble other than PSN being down on Friday. But I was out Friday night so missed most of that.

Loving the console. The DVR and share functions being my highlight. Voice comms are a bit of a let down but that may improve when I get a decent headset.

Resogun is really addictive! Been hammering BF mostly, it's double xp week so I'm unlocked all the useful kits as quick as possible.

NBA is worth a punt if you like Basketball games. It's brutally hard though.

quote:

In what is shaping up to be a historic year for gamers, Iím delighted to share an important new milestone with you. PS4ís North American debut on November 15th was PlayStationís largest ever, with more than one million gamers picking up a PS4 in just 24 hours. Now, with PS4ís global launch expanding to a total of 32 countries worldwide, including Europe and Latin America, Iím proud to announce that more than 2.1 million PS4s have been sold.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/03/ps4-global-sales-update/

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 361
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 12:49:36 PM   
Rob

So Amazon have admitted that my order is "undeliverable" and that they have no stock to replace the order with and so have refunded my money. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about it but can anyone on here recommend any other retailers?

I've put in a pre-order with Shopto but have never used them before so not sure if they are any good.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 362
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 12:57:07 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

So Amazon have admitted that my order is "undeliverable" and that they have no stock to replace the order with and so have refunded my money. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about it but can anyone on here recommend any other retailers?

I've put in a pre-order with Shopto but have never used them before so not sure if they are any good.

Shop To have always been 100% reliable for me. I had an Xbox One and my PS4 ordered through them with no problems. Tesco Direct have always been good too

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 363
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 1:05:34 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

Shopto are great, normally fantastic prices and a level of customer service that every online comany should aspire to replicate. You'll be alright in their hands don't worry....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 364
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 1:26:29 PM   
Rob

Cool. Good to know - thanks guys.

So annoyed with Amazon but hey ho!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 365
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 2:45:37 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I just read one of their posts on my Facebook newsfeed stating they're hoping to have all pre-orders of the XB1 and PS4 with people by the 18th December.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 366
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 2:54:18 PM   
Lensman 23

That proper sucks that Amazon's handling of this launch has been a bit of a bosh job. That just leaves to look elsewhere like Shopto who I will definitely look to use again.

Anyone seen the advert of Driveclub on the tele - just a night race with a Ferrari (I think) overtaking a number of cars - looks absolutely beautiful.

Twitter: @MrSehdeva
PSN: Lensman23

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 367
RE: The PS4 Thread - 3/12/2013 3:49:05 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Feel slightly guilty now posting to say that Amazon have just delivered mine!!

Got half an hour before my next conference call........

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 368
RE: The PS4 Thread - 4/12/2013 11:22:14 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Sorted my COD issues. A bloody dirty disc, straight out of the sealed pack as well.
ACIV was the same took the seal off it today and it was exactly the same and stuttering all over the place.

Clean the disc and everything cleared up.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 369
RE: The PS4 Thread - 5/12/2013 1:04:22 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Stop playing in the mud when you open your games then!

Ole Gunnar SolskjÔŅĹr - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 370
RE: The PS4 Thread - 5/12/2013 1:20:47 PM   
Gizmo 76

Coming up to a week with my PS4 now and I've got to say I'm loving it.

I'll ramble a bit and they'll also be some comparisons here to the Xbox One, but 'playing nice' and honest comparisons!

I got the Mega Bundle with Killzone, Camera and Extra pad. I mainly wanted it for the extra pad and also wanted Killzone so seemed stupid to not go for the bundle... it worked out even better when they knocked another £20 of the price

Packaging wise was a bit disappointing compared to the Xbox One's more premium feeling box and packaging layout, but everything was there and working... initial impressions start from here though, so an area they should look into improving.

The machine itself is very neat and tidy, and small compared to the Xbox One it sits near. It's not as quiet as the XB1 though, but there isn't too much in it. I like the top light on the machine, but while it's not super bright in standby mode I could see it annoying some. The slot loading drive is ok, I would say the XB1 has a slightly nicer action. Front USB ports are a great have, and visually overall I really like the angles and styling they've gone with for the PS4... Great looking machine... oh, and no big power block!

The controller I love!... I'd previously tried one at the EG Expo earlier in the year and knew it was a nice improvement, but after spending a bit of time with it, it just might be my fav pad. So comfortable and a joy to use.... The triggers while maybe not quite as good as Xbox One's pad for me, are still great; but using the Triggers and Shoulder buttons combined the DS4 wins out. The controller's touchpad has had minimal use, and while I don't feel it was totally necessary, it also hasn't been a pain to use. Something may use it really well down the line and change my thoughts on it. I do love the speaker in the pad though, and the ability to route all your sound through the pad to a pair of headphones. The lights on the back don't affect me, but might 'once again' bug some depending on their seating position and screen type etc.. All in all the pad is full of WIN!

The initial setup was very quick and straightforward, by the time I navigated through the initial screens the update only had 20mb odd left to download... then this installed and I was away. The UI is very quick and straightforward to use, an evolution of what's gone before but speed wise a totally different experience. For the majority of the first week a lot of features were switched off, but these have now been pushed live and they're really nicely done imo. I love the whole initial social wall showing games your friends are/have played, trophies they've unlocked, screenshots and videos they've taken etc... There are a couple of ads in the mix, but currently they don't feel in the way. I also like how these social elements get brought across to the individual game screens as you go through your library of games; you get to see what your friends have been up to on the game you're looking at. This also gives them a chance to show some additional and live data (current popular modes on KZ multiplayer, website links) relating to the game and also upsell any DLC for the game... It works well, is very organised and quick to get around.

They do need to implement some way of self organising though, as similar to the XB1's recent tiles, things move about due to when they were last used and currently it's just one long list which is initially manageable, but won't be once you have a lot of titles.

From the games I've currently tried the actual initial installation process has been a lot faster than the Xbox One. Literally disc in, couple of mins and you're up and running while it installs in the background and also grabs any downloadable title updates. The only one I really noticed installing for a long time was NBA 2K14, took the whole of the exhibition game you could play while installing to finish up.

I'm a Vita owner, so a big draw to the PS4 was Remote Play. Now I've had a Wii U since launch, and before owning off screen play always felt like it was just going to be novelty value; but once you've used it, you really do appreciate it's advantages and wouldn't want to be without. I think the PS3's performance Remote Play wise always left a few doubts about in my head (it was poor!), but happily the PS4 and Vita perform great in my environment. I connect via 'Direct Connection' and i really don't perceive much if any delay in commands, I've happily done a couple of levels on Lego Marvel, completed a few 'Veteran' missions on COD, driven about online in NFS: Rivals, completed Resogun (on rookie ) and enjoyed some FIFA Demo action... All have been superb and look cracking on the Vita's OLED display. I will say that something like COD online is hard though, the Vita overall isn't as comfortable to play with as the Wii U Gamepad and the smaller screen also gives you a disadvantage in a more multiplayer competitive FPS like games.

Let's talk graphics... 1080p... Easy now!!

The step into next gen on the XB1 brought about some nice upgrades, Forza looked extremely crisp, FIFA has more detail and a stadium full of character, and Dead Rising 3 while being a bit muddy looking has shit loads going on. I haven't yet played Ryse so can't bring that into this, though vids have looked extremely pretty! Killzone on the PS4 I think looks bloody amazing, the best I've seen on a home console. Now I do like a visual, and will look about a world and admire stuff going on; be that lighting, reflections, particles etc... and just a scene coming together with all the elements in place. Also the extra resolution is really quite apparent on my 47" screen from about 6-7ft away. COD: Ghosts while lacking the gritty effects filled world of BF4's campaign, it looks really quite decent with the increase in resolution over what I'm used too. Resogun is just a mind fuck of visuals and particles going on, and looks really lush with it. This isn't a comparison of power, as graphics are always going to be game dependent, but I will say that I've appreciated the step up into the Next Generation in a visual sense more on the PS4 with what I've played on both so far.

side note - I finished COD: Ghosts the other day, and it was a damn fun campaign imo. I do like the OTT summer blockbuster type vibe the games have though. It probably done nothing really that new, but it made me smile and kept me playing.

Socially connected. I think this side of the next generation is going to be a lot of fun. The XB1 has its quirks and I must admit them quirks probably add a bit to the occasion at times; shouting "Xbox, Record that" when it doesn't want to listen can add personality The Video recording side of things I think both have their Pros and Cons. I like that with the PS4 you get your previous 15 minutes, so you can go back, edit away and then share; but it does need some work. I'd actually like the ability to capture a smaller segments (user adjustable maybe) on the fly, rather than having to trigger the Share Section of the UI to save the previous 15 mins. I think that the XB1 wins currently on video sharing and editing (even though no FB sharing), it's just a quicker process and things are nicely linked to your profile; though auto-recordings can be a pain! I do like that the PS4 has the ability to screenshot though, and share via Facebook and Twitter... I need these for my thread

Apps are a also a big part of this generation. The Playstation app is functional, works well for messaging, using as a keyboard, dealing with friends etc... But currently the 'What's New' section needs a fair bit of work, as you're unable to currently view any Videos or Screenshots MS's SmartGlass app is a much slicker and quicker experience currently. Hopefully Sony will take note and bring about some improvements here.

Not so much app related, but I remotely downloaded a demo to my PS4 yesterday from the SEN, which is functionality that has been needed for while.

So a little round up at the end of this long wall of text...

As of now, my preference for my main console this generation is going to be the PS4. The UI is great and does what I personally need from a gaming console. The Controller is so comfy and great, and everything looks a step above what I've experienced previously. Remote Play just owns! And everything feels more ready currently than the XB1. But I will say I expect the XB1 to probably evolve more OS wise during the generation, and I believe it's also a great console; just a bit all over the place and maybe biting off more than it had too for launch... In a year or so's time, I think the XB1 might give a different impression.

Both consoles are in it for the long haul and there are fun times ahead!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 371
RE: The PS4 Thread - 5/12/2013 2:18:39 PM   
Lensman 23

Is COD/BF4 worth it? Not a massive shoot em up gamer but I do enjoy them. Already have KZ and havent really played that.

Want something different apart from a KZ/COD/BF domination........

LEGO Marvel????

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 372
RE: The PS4 Thread - 5/12/2013 3:13:31 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Stop playing in the mud when you open your games then!

But the girls are in the mud!

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 5/12/2013 3:15:23 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 373
RE: The PS4 Thread - 5/12/2013 4:42:30 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

Is COD/BF4 worth it? Not a massive shoot em up gamer but I do enjoy them. Already have KZ and havent really played that.

LEGO Marvel????

I thought the campaign in COD was a blast, but then I do enjoy them on a yearly basis... it's just totally OTT situations that you find yourself in. There is some real variety in this sense, even though the gameplay is generally what you already know and have experienced before. I haven't spent so much time on the multiplayer side currently.

Lego Marvel though is just damn good fun. If you like Lego games and enjoy the Marvel world I can't see you being disappointed. Maybe read some folks thoughts over in the Lego Thread.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 374
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 8:07:23 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Been playing Knack the past couple of days which I'm really enjoying. Looks amazing on screen, can't wait to get my hands on Elder Scrolls, The Order and The Witcher when they are finally released....

Hadn't realised that the controller is also a speaker, made me jump first time I heard something come out of it . UI is fine but a shame Sony have taken away the ability to have your own wallpaper even the standard themes that you had with the PS3 would have been good, the blue is so bland... Used to seeing the Skyrim dude on my PS3, miss him.. . I may pick up the camera in the new year, seems to be sold out at the moment.

Haven't found any issues with noise of the PS4, if there was any when I was playing Knack I didn't notice it. Maybe it is only with certain games?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 375
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 11:24:49 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

LEGO Marvel????

I thought the campaign in COD was a blast, but then I do enjoy them on a yearly basis... it's just totally OTT situations that you find yourself in. There is some real variety in this sense, even though the gameplay is generally what you already know and have experienced before. I haven't spent so much time on the multiplayer side currently.

Lego Marvel though is just damn good fun. If you like Lego games and enjoy the Marvel world I can't see you being disappointed. Maybe read some folks thoughts over in the Lego Thread.

COD is certainly easier than previous incarnations. I'm playing through on Veteran and I've not have any major problems so far, although I'm only just past the stadium level.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 6/12/2013 11:25:12 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 376
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 11:39:52 AM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

COD is certainly easier than previous incarnations. I'm playing through on Veteran and I've not have any major problems so far, although I'm only just past the stadium level.

Yeh they haven't really been a challenge as such since COD 4 days I guess. There are a few sections where it'll take a few goes to work out your best line of attack etc.., but nothing too maddening.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

Post #: 377
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 11:57:44 AM   
Sleazy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Been playing Knack the past couple of days which I'm really enjoying. Looks amazing on screen, can't wait to get my hands on Elder Scrolls, The Order and The Witcher when they are finally released....

Hadn't realised that the controller is also a speaker, made me jump first time I heard something come out of it . UI is fine but a shame Sony have taken away the ability to have your own wallpaper even the standard themes that you had with the PS3 would have been good, the blue is so bland... Used to seeing the Skyrim dude on my PS3, miss him.. . I may pick up the camera in the new year, seems to be sold out at the moment.

Haven't found any issues with noise of the PS4, if there was any when I was playing Knack I didn't notice it. Maybe it is only with certain games?

My mate who works at HMV was telling me yesterday that they cant meet demand for the cameras. Quite surprised at this.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 378
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 12:39:31 PM   
Lensman 23

Nice One lads!

I think Lego is a must. I will be nice on Christmas day for my nephew to play with. So that is sorted.

I think i need to complete KZ before I consider a new game........

Post #: 379
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 6:34:42 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Started AC IV today, and its bloody amazing, although I've been a huge fan of all the others apart from III.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 380
RE: The PS4 Thread - 6/12/2013 9:07:24 PM   
James2183

Suggestion: Level the Jackdaw up fully before tackling the Elite ships

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 381
RE: The PS4 Thread - 9/12/2013 7:58:04 PM   
kata

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 382
RE: The PS4 Thread - 17/12/2013 10:12:09 AM   
emogeek

Just been emailed a £10 off code for AC:Black Flag on PS4 from Amazon (something to do with pre-ordering the PS4 from them).

I've already got Black Flag, so, assuming it will work on another Amazon account, if anyone wants it, let me know.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 383
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/12/2013 12:27:19 PM   
Lensman 23

Finally got around to starting Killzone - my word that is an awesome game! played on Normal and jeez, was i getting taught a lesson by some pretty relentless AI enemies.

Gotta up my game, but its a cracking game! Let's say, i'm a zombie today from playing it late last night.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 384
RE: The PS4 Thread - 18/12/2013 2:02:58 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

Just been emailed a £10 off code for AC:Black Flag on PS4 from Amazon (something to do with pre-ordering the PS4 from them).

I've already got Black Flag, so, assuming it will work on another Amazon account, if anyone wants it, let me know.

Hmmm, I didn't get anything like that and I pre-ordered from them!

If you still have it then I would be interested!!

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 385
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/12/2013 9:39:56 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

Hmmm, I didn't get anything like that and I pre-ordered from them!

If you still have it then I would be interested!!

Should be in your PMs!

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 386
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/12/2013 12:53:10 PM   
Gizmo 76

If anyone here has a 3D TV you should really grab Trine 2... at the very least try the Demo version. The 3D is by far the best I've seen in the gaming world (haven't got a PC setup), It's just has a crazy amount of depth to the image when you ramp the separation up to the Max.... so good!

Even if you haven't got a 3D TV the game is well worth your time, quality old fashion puzzle platforming fun that looks damn lush with it.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 387
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/12/2013 1:03:12 PM   
Gizmo 76

ACIV Black flag is currently £19.99 (and additional 10% off for PS+ folk) as part of the '12 Days of Christmas Deals' .... And then according to the comments this can be upgraded to the PS4 version (like BF4 the other day) for an extra tenner. So £28 for the PS4 digital version isn't all that bad!

I have it on my Crimbo list though so can't use the deal. I would of jumped at it otherwise as I use Remote Play a fair bit and disc swapping is a pain when in a different room

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 388
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/12/2013 6:58:53 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

ACIV Black flag is currently £19.99 (and additional 10% off for PS+ folk) as part of the '12 Days of Christmas Deals' .... And then according to the comments this can be upgraded to the PS4 version (like BF4 the other day) for an extra tenner. So £28 for the PS4 digital version isn't all that bad!

I have it on my Crimbo list though so can't use the deal. I would of jumped at it otherwise as I use Remote Play a fair bit and disc swapping is a pain when in a different room

Probably gonna go for this. Is it guaranteed to work?

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 389
RE: The PS4 Thread - 19/12/2013 7:23:00 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Probably gonna go for this. Is it guaranteed to work?

A lot have done it over at NeoGaf and there are some mentions in the EU Blog comments section as well. People also utilised the upgrade option on a BF4 offer the other day to get the digital PS4 version for under £30 as well.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=724924&page=15

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/19/the-12-deals-of-christmas-deal-10/

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The PS4 Thread Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI