Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 22/7/2007 1:30:07 PM   
Le Professionnel

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamesianosborne

Arnie rabbed the middle boob of the 3-breasted Alien in Total Recall

Contrary to popular belief, none of the breasts is fake. The character was played by a set of siamese twins and the actual effect was in hiding one of the twins heads.

Arnie almost lost out on his role in Twins, when Paul Newman and Ralph Macchio were cast as the twins. However, 3 weeks into the production it was discovered that they actually were real-life twins and the director felt this would break the suspension of disbelief.

The person after whom the Oscar statue is modelled was also the basis for the face used in the Bafta statue, owned both the dog and the gramophone used in the design of the Grammy award and the HMV logo and possessed the boot upon which Italy is modelled. Despite this his greatest claim to fame is as the man who really shot JFK.

(in reply to jamesianosborne)
Post #: 211
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 22/7/2007 1:42:29 PM   
Tech_Noir

Fonzie was originally going to play Han Solo.

(not Henry Winkler, but the actual Fonze)

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 22/7/2007 1:44:00 PM >

(in reply to Le Professionnel)
Post #: 212
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 22/7/2007 1:56:15 PM   
Neth

• In the 1996 flop Jerry Maguire, the actor named Jonathon Lipiniki was actually a fabricated alias. The character of Ray was essayed by God-fearing method chameleon Tom Cruise. In the scenes where Maguire and Ray were required to appear together, CGI tomfoolery was used to make Maguire appear bigger.
  • A conglomorate of calendar publishers successfully lobbied in 1984 for American heavyweight actor Daniel Day Lewis to drop his other middle name. It was "Tues".
  • Contrary to popular belief, the locations and backgrounds in the 2007 action comedy 300 were not computer generated, but real. A team of dedicated schoolchildren individually coloured each frame with Crayola, before dipping them in Nescafe and heating them in the oven for a few minutes.
  • Keira Knightley eagerly signed on for the lead role in Domino without even seeing a page of script. She misheard her agent, believing the word "Harvey" to actually be "Rally."
  • Rarely-seen out-takes from The Shining include Jack Nicholson getting his head stuck in the axe-made door hole, and Shelley Duval having a fight with a swan.
  • Andrew Kevin Walker's original script for Se7en had the victims dying in the style of Snow White's tiny companions.

< Message edited by Neth -- 22/7/2007 1:58:36 PM >

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 213
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 22/7/2007 2:29:30 PM   
omarx

Pearl Harbour is the Noughties' Blade Runner, it will be fully appreciated and understood in 10 years... so we breathlessly await 2011.

LOST IN TRANSLATION was originally a comedy, but all the comic bits where ( LOST IN TRANSPORTATION)

Mel Gibson is much TALLER than Sigourney Weaver that director Peter Weir had to use green, blue, and white screens to superimpose random images and create subliminal realities to convince us that they are of similar hights.

The secret of JENNIFER LOPEZ'S exquisitley florishing beauty is continuous LESBIAN SEX, after finding her true calling during the filming of GIGLI

The secret of BEN AFFLECK'S exquisitley diminishing looks and expanding wasteline is continuous HETEROSEXUAL SEX, after the collapse of (BEN N MATT) The cheesy scriptwriting factory, and (BEN N JEN) The cheesy cheese factory

< Message edited by omarx -- 22/7/2007 2:33:29 PM >

I reject.. Therefore I exist........
I cut my own hair......
Fear does not stop you dying, but it sure does stop you living......

(in reply to Le Professionnel)
Post #: 214
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 22/7/2007 3:31:24 PM   
Mozza

John Travolta' appearance in Hairspray is actually him.  In his everyday life, he uses an elaborate system of smoke, mirrors, pulleys and geese to mainatin the illusion that he is a man.

(in reply to omarx)
Post #: 215
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 22/7/2007 6:15:21 PM   
omarx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

John Travolta' appearance in Hairspray is actually him.  In his everyday life, he uses an elaborate system of smoke, mirrors, pulleys and geese to mainatin the illusion that he is a man.

For a man who drives a fucking JUMBO JET as a penile extension...... maybe there is truth to your "theory"

I reject.. Therefore I exist........
I cut my own hair......
Fear does not stop you dying, but it sure does stop you living......

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 216
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 3:13:49 AM   
Lazarus munkey

As a joke on his chum, Corey Haim suggested to Francis Ford Coppola that Robert Duval's ideal replacement for Godfather part III should be George Hamilton.

Variety believes that Gleaming The Cube is better than La Dolce Vita.

Sally Field sheds her skin every lunar month.

Tom Hanks cannot count above four.

Harvey Keitel initially refused to appear in Reservoir Dogs until he had assurances that a Punch 'n' Judy show would play on set all day.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to omarx)
Post #: 217
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 8:56:55 AM   
Metalion

Michael Biehn doesn't have it, he owns it. It's actually not far from here.

Contrary to popular belief, Steven Seagal didn't learn Jiujitsu from seagulls.

The original plan for the second Death Star was to have more than one toilet, but the funding instead went to a hugely expensive telephone system, although the majority of this money went to its operators.

Han Solo's great grandfather was a bartender in Mos Eisley and during weekends he liked to party with members of The Tusken Raiders Choir.

"If that's how Kilgore fought the war I began to wonder what they really had against Kurtz. It wasn't just insanity and murder, there was enough of that to go around for everyone."

(in reply to Plissken)
Post #: 218
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 4:21:35 PM   
justified by grace

The Ace Ventura films were originally going to be feature length adverts for the breakfast cereal Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs, in order to demonstrate how much energy they give you. During filming, Jim Carrey ate three bowls for breakfast each day. However, before the films were released, rules on product placement became much stricter, so the filmmakers, seeing how funny the films were, simply cut out the scenes where Jim Carrey eats breakfast cereal, and repackaged the films as comedies.

Michael Bay is actually good friends with several film critics, who love his movies. They tease him that his films are rubbish, and as a result, whenever one of his films comes out, they have a running practical joke where they try and see how many people they can put off watching it. Every Friday night they meet up, have a few beers, laugh about reviews they’ve written criticising Armageddon as a "ludicrous, cheesy, clichéd, overblown, bombastic action-fest" or suchlike, and then settle down to watch Bad Boys II.

Megamind ****
The King’s Speech ****½
Despicable Me ****½
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole ***½
A Serious Man ****
Lars and the Real Girl ***½
Lourdes **
The Return ***½
Doubt ***½
Star Trek: Nemesis ****

(in reply to Metalion)
Post #: 219
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 4:50:09 PM   
The_Navy_Way

- Clint Eastwoods hair is made entirely of putty and screaming bees.

- Adam Sandler had a bit part in Star Wars ep.3 - as a lightsabre

- Martin Scorsese's favourite words are "face fire"

- Nicolas Cage once brought himself a house made entirely of ham, and filled it with, yes, more ham.

(in reply to justified by grace)
Post #: 220
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 4:59:12 PM   
enemysprout

John Wayne's real name was Sister Sledge. 

He was scared of horses. 

And he was a communist.

< Message edited by enemysprout -- 24/7/2007 5:00:08 PM >

If you think I've just insulted you, it probably wasn't my intention

(in reply to sserplla)
Post #: 221
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 6:01:16 PM   
Mozza

Evil Dead 2 is set in Stoke.

(in reply to enemysprout)
Post #: 222
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 10:42:40 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Metalion

Michael Biehn doesn't have it, he owns it. It's actually not far from here.

The original plan for the second Death Star was to have more than one toilet, but the funding instead went to a hugely expensive telephone system, although the majority of this money went to its operators.

Marylin Monroe was actually smarter than Einstien. She was, in fact, so intelligent that no one else was smart enough to understand her, and consequently it became popular belief that she was stupid.

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to Metalion)
Post #: 223
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/7/2007 11:04:01 PM   
Mozza

The film Total Recall was originally a 24-esque, race-against-time thriller about an obsessed librarian, but Paul Verhoeven couldn't read the writer's handwriting.  So he threw something together with Martians.

Chris farley is actually alive and is held captive in the Dove beauty products factory, where his moobs are harvested for their soap making qualities.  His breast-milk is also used as a base in the finest fast food ice-cream.

Midnight Run was based almost entirely on robert De Niro and Charles Grodin's road trip.  Yaphet Kotto was added in post production.

the alternative ending to Get Shorty featured Delroy lindo, James Gandolfini, Rene Russo and John travolta chasing a midget in a barrel.  Studio execs were afraid that no-one would understand the meaning of the title otherwise.

At weekends, Kurt Russell prefers to be called Lindsay Lohan.

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 224
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 3:16:14 AM   
Lazarus munkey

The original score for "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?" featured a version of the risible '80's rock standard "Baby Jane" by George Formby. It was removed on the insistance of hairspray-addicted pop-grandad Rod Stewart after Formby refused to wear leopard-skin ski-pants for the live performance at the 1854 Oscars.

Kes was really a sparrow suffering from water-retention.

The famous transformation sequence in "A Room With A View" was not done with CGI. Helena Bonham-Carter really is a Honda Civic.

Benicio Del Toro prepared for his lead role in Highlander by playing pat-a-cake with a swan. 

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 225
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 7:45:12 AM   
Titanm21

In a recent poll it was found that 98% of movie facts were made up

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 226
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 11:53:56 AM   
Tech_Noir

Tauntauns are real.

They are seen from time to time in the north pole, right next to the Fortress of Sollitude.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 25/7/2007 11:55:36 AM >

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 227
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 12:46:57 PM   
The_Navy_Way

- Eddie Murphy has a full body cast of Forrest Whittaker in his study, he rubs it for luck

- Beyonce Knowle's underpants are sponsored by Timotei

- Cliff Richard once punched Sissy Spacek in the face during a fierce dispute over ponies

- Scarlett Johansen's lips are so dense, that if viewed from the moon they appear to be entirely round

-  Kiera Knightly once ate an entire Mars Bar, true

- Steven Spielberg has a golden car, in which he stores uncle Ben's rice sachets in case of an apocolypse.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 228
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 2:14:15 PM   
Metalion

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

In Ridley Scott's first draft of Super Mario Bros., it was to be revealed that Luigi was a Replicant.

I knew those overall colors were too dodgy to hide Luigi's true self! I love this thread!

"If that's how Kilgore fought the war I began to wonder what they really had against Kurtz. It wasn't just insanity and murder, there was enough of that to go around for everyone."

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 229
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 2:44:26 PM   
mattchoman

Some of the oldest critics can distinguish between 24 frames in one second and motion. They are never 100% satisfied with the lip-synching of the dialogue.

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

(in reply to Metalion)
Post #: 230
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 3:04:57 PM   
Tech_Noir

Before Sunset was completely ad-libbed. Linklater, Delpy, Hawk and Lee Daniel (DOP) were just goofing about one afternoon in Paris and later realised they made a film.

The opening scene in the bookshop was added months later.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 25/7/2007 3:07:18 PM >

(in reply to mattchoman)
Post #: 231
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/7/2007 4:38:03 PM   
Mozza

From Dusk till Dawn was originally going t be a buddy-chase-comedy, in which Clooney and Keitel would become best friends.  However, midway through the shoot, they were actually attacked by vampires on-set.  Harvey Keitel, tom Savini, Quentin Tarantino and Salma hayek are all, in fact, vampires.  This explains why they are never seen in the day, or at Italian restaurants.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 232
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/7/2007 10:12:52 AM   
oddzag

Bob Monkhouse was originally slated to play Spiderman due to his ability to actually produce web from his hands, he left the project when he discovered he would be forced to act near James Franco.

Michael Biehn owns a farm of 'it' where 'it'pigs and 'it'cows are slaughetered so their 'it'ness can be bottled and sold, it is sold under the name Dairylea Dunkers.

Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 233
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/7/2007 3:16:26 PM   
igotnewlegs

Flags of our Fathers is actually set in the Vietnam War. Everyone who says different is merely confused.
The school curriculum in Peru consists entirely of repeated viewings of 'The Money Pit' and 'Jungle 2 Jungle'.
Nicholas Cage only signs onto a film if he is 'triple dog dared' to by a friend.
Steve Gutenberg doesn't star in any more films due to his constant boasts that he invented salt.
John Candy didn't die but was in fact taken 'freejack style' to become the body of a dying philanthropist in the year 2017.
If he makes enough of them, Eddie Murphy believes that one day he'll be the first actor to win an Oscar for his role as 'black guy in fat suit'.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to oddzag)
Post #: 234
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/7/2007 8:32:27 AM   
Rafer Janders

Leonard Nimoy has to go through 3 hours of prosthetics every day to make the top of his ears appear round.

William Shatner suffers from acute shyness and shelf-doubt.

(I've been watchng Star Trek).

"You killed my horse you son of a bitch".

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 235
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 31/7/2007 10:09:54 AM   
Mozza

The film "The Wild Geese" is not about rescuing an African Leader, but is actually a film about Richard Burtno's attempts to find his way home after a week-long-bender ended with him in central Africa with a group of mercenaries.

(in reply to Rafer Janders)
Post #: 236
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 31/7/2007 6:25:20 PM   
OldGrey

Bill Paxton only works on Tuesdays and Fridays and has this written into every contract.

The secret of IT was so closely guarded during the filming of Aliens, that both Biehn and Paxton lost IT to Lance Henrikson who squandered it on a chocolate milkshake, 173 bent 8mm washers and a pack of fruit pastilles. Lance later found IT again - IT had rolled under a fake Alien prosthetic penis.(Biehn sulkily refused to work with him again and never recovered IT).

Stanley Kubrick faked his death for a free Odean lifetime pass.

While filming Lost Boys, Kiefer Sutherland refused to get out of character and spent the whole film living in the dark. He walked into several walls and doors before eventually falling off the edge of a cliff and killing himself. He came back as a vampire and since then has had to work under layers of human fat to avoid sunlight turning him into a kebab.

Michael Caine has never passed his cycling profficiency, despite hundreds of attempts.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 237
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 31/7/2007 7:35:10 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Before Sunset was completely ad-libbed. Linklater, Delpy, Hawk and Lee Daniel (DOP) were just goofing about one afternoon in Paris and later realised they made a film.

The opening scene in the bookshop was added months later.

Julie Delpys cat was cgi'd in as she was originally talking to thin air.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 238
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 31/7/2007 7:47:53 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: sserplla

John Travolta isn't really a Scientologist. He's just bullied into saying he's a member by Tom Cruise, who threatens to "go to work..." on Travolta, "...with a pair of Pliers and a Blowtorch", which he follows with manicle laughter. Finding humour in threatening Travolta with a line he (wrongly) thinks the Grease actor uttered in Pulp Fiction. ("that was frickin' Rhames, Tom") 

On that note:

Scientology is a real religion.  That doesn't make it real, until enough people believe it is, Peter Pan style.  Hence the cattle drive for members. Spielberg approves.

John Ritter was made of sponge.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to sserplla)
Post #: 239
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 31/7/2007 8:03:06 PM   
Deviation

Starship Troopers is actually a biopic of about Paris Hilton, who is represented as the brain bug. The similarity between Hilton and the Brain Bug are also plenty.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is the greatest movie ever made, its just ahead of its time.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI