Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 12/10/2008 10:17:44 PM   
will1000

The Passion of Christ is actually based on an incident that happened to Danny Glover during Lethal Weapon 2

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 331
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 13/10/2008 12:49:35 PM   
igotnewlegs

Every extra that Arnold Schwarzengger has killed on screen was killed for real. Arnie, also known as the killinator, had it written in his contract that he could spill the blood of at least seventeen men and women in every motion picture in which he starred. He retired and went into politics after the film industry could no longer pass off the hundreds of bloody and violent deaths of extras as 'accidents'.

Steve Guttenberg (yes him again) is a prominent member of the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword - sworn to protect the Holy Grail against all ememies. In one of many discussions with George Lucas he confided this fact - telling him of the great tests that he and his brothers have faced. Lucas, high as a kite at the time, took this to be a movie pitch and stole it as the basis for The Last Crusade, knowing no one would ever believe Guttenberg's side of the story.

Emelio Estevez has no face. What you see is a trick of the light and your mind projecting a face on him because that's what you expect to find there.

Daniel Day Lewis is not an actor. He is an experiment first conducted in the eighties to see if you could take 'just some guy off the street' and ply them with enough halucinagenics until they believed they were the person in the script.. Every film he has ever been in he's believed he was in for real. The year spent as 'that guy' from My Left Foot' still haunt him - well it would if he wasn't high all the time.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 332
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 13/10/2008 1:25:24 PM   
Vito_Andolini

Judge Reinhold settled down in America's mid-west in the early 90s, where he formed his own town - Newjudgeland.  Reinhold operates a Judge Dredd-style law and order system, himself being Chief Judge.  Also, every year on Judge Day Fred Savage visits the town and himself and Reinhold re-enact Vice Versa for the masses.

Gotham City is a real place, it's located just off the A1 by Stamford.  If you get to Peterborough, you've gone too far.

Every time Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson performs 'The People's Eyebrow' 20,000 people die across the globe.

< Message edited by Vito_Andolini -- 13/10/2008 1:27:03 PM >

"Lunch Lady Doris, do ye have any grease?!"

"Yes, yes we do"

"THEN GREASE ME UP WOMAN!!"

"Okey dokey"

www.movieguys.org

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 333
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 14/10/2008 4:02:20 PM   
Mute

Batman and Robin is secretly an experiment to test your tolerance of bad films. When you turn it off in disgust at the shit you're watching, the data is logged and sent to a secret lab where, once a year, a council of studio executives decide how shit to make the next year's movies.

Fargo really is based on a true story discovered by the Coens. Any evidence to the contrary is part of a CIA cover up.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to Vito_Andolini)
Post #: 334
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 14/10/2008 4:18:47 PM   
Mr Dead

Kevin Spacey is in fact Keyser Soze in real life...hes just very very good in making you think he doesnt exist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn
I don't know whether I should be in love with you Dead or afraid of you!

my sig is not quite as witty or clever as Circe's

A thinker and a fighter since day 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 335
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 14/10/2008 4:27:29 PM   
tftrman

The left-hand side of Michael Ironside is actually made of brushed steel. Michael Brushedsteelside is too long.

Quentin Tarantino's chin sank the Titanic.

(in reply to Plissken)
Post #: 336
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 14/10/2008 4:57:00 PM   
lukeyboy

The Curious case of Benjamin Button is in fact a biopic of Fred Savage

Keira Knightly has no top lip.

Ralph Macchio gave up acting to concentrate on training actors in various styles of martial arts. Some of his brightest students include Jason Statham and Wesley Snipes.

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 337
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 14/10/2008 5:49:57 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

Will Smith is infact the prince of Bellair! (Jazzy Jeff knows no jazz and really likes Enya)

< Message edited by Rockin Ricky Rialto -- 14/10/2008 5:51:19 PM >

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 338
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 17/10/2008 1:51:21 PM   
Vito_Andolini

It is written in religious texts that if Paul Walker and Kate Hudson were ever to mate, they would create the Antichrist.

However, to combat this Robert Pattinson was sent from the heavens to fight the evil and battle for our souls.

Danny DeVito is, in fact, a penguin. 

K-PAX is a biopic of John Malkovich's life.

"Yes, yes we do"

"Okey dokey"

www.movieguys.org

(in reply to Rockin Ricky Rialto)
Post #: 339
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 17/10/2008 3:00:56 PM   
Tech_Noir

Since 1986 Lance Henriksen has spent an hour a day waiting by the phone, hoping that James Cameron will call.

The Mogwai is based on a rare monkey-rabbit creature that can be found in the jungles of South America. They don't don't multiple when wet or turn into monsters, they just sit in the trees whistling all day.

In the late 1960s Stanley Kubrick had secret talks with the Soviet Union, if they got to the moon first he wanted them to place a black monolith on the dark side and not tell anyone.

Paul Verhoeven and Ridley Scott got into a fight once at an awards ceromony. Neither will talk about it. 

Even when the cameras were not rolling Jennifer Jason Leigh was naked on the set of Flesh+Blood, with the exception of scenes where she had to be dressed.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 17/10/2008 3:08:47 PM >

Post #: 340
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 18/10/2008 11:26:40 PM   
Mozza

James Cameron recruited most of the cast of Aliens from a mercenary army.  All of the marines, apart from Bill Paxton, were plucked from the jungles of Nicaragua before shooting and dumped into The Mog afterwards.

Gerard Butler isn't really built like a brick shithouse; he paid the cast of the School of Rock to attach themselves to his arms, moobs and abs.

The Thing started life as a Big Brother-style camera show about people in the Antarctic, only they found an amorphous shapeshifting blob in the ice, which killed everyone apart from Keith David and Kurt Russell, who were given the "prize" of living.  Producer John Carpenter saw this could work as a screwball comedy.  But it didn't, so he recut it as a horror.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 341
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 20/10/2008 11:57:48 AM   
michaelqb

Sergio Leone starts all his sentences in enlgish with once upon a time..

It takes two to lie.. one to lie and another to listen.

That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 342
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/10/2008 10:46:41 PM   
Mozza

Samuel L Jackson is required to say "motherfucker" in every one of his movies at least once, or the gates of hell will erupt from Quentin Tarantino's face.

(in reply to michaelqb)
Post #: 343
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/10/2008 12:40:10 PM   
Wessing

leonardo dicaprio has to ask for a frappacuinno before every single make up session he has

Thank your mother for pointing that out

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 344
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 25/10/2008 2:14:05 PM   
sanchia

James Dean is in fact live and well and was actually taken into a black ops group and perfomed many missions behind the Iron Curtain (usually assasination). He retired in the early 90's but still likes to keep his hand in on a freelance basis for the highest bidder.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Wessing)
Post #: 345
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/10/2008 12:45:54 AM   
Mozza

All of the cast and crew of the WWE movie The Marine took IQ tests before and after the shoot.  They discovered that their IQ, as well as the ability to complete advanced motor functions, had decreased sharply from exposure to the script.  They would file suit against the writers, but they couldn't work the phone.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 346
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/10/2008 1:17:57 AM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

All of the cast and crew of the WWE movie The Marine took IQ tests before and after the shoot.  They discovered that their IQ, as well as the ability to complete advanced motor functions, had decreased sharply from exposure to the script.  They would file suit against the writers, but they couldn't work the phone.

Mozza, that's brilliant, just brilliant.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 347
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 3/11/2008 2:14:27 PM   
Mozza

The events of !Three Amigos! Actually happened; Dusty Bottoms went on star in several adult-themed silent comedies, Ned Nederlander went on a binge of drugs and inter-species erotica before changing his name to Theda Bara, and Lucky Day went on to become Cecil B. DeMille.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 348
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 3/11/2008 4:26:41 PM   
Vitamin F

Christian Slater grew from one of Jack Nicholson's discarded toe-nail clippings that landed on one of Jack's many petri dishes he has lying round...it was from one of his little toes, the runt of the litter if you will.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 349
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 6/11/2008 10:39:08 AM   
rancorpuppet

1.'P.S. I Love You' was filmed entirely using Ray Harryahausen's Dynamation technique, with painstakingly detailed  plasticine models animated over a period of three decades.

2. Raquel Welch personally fluffed Peter Cushing before each of his scenes on 'Biggles' (1984)

3. 'Ghostbusters 2' was originally an extended ad for the popular liqueur 'Cointreau'.

4. 'Spinal Tap' are a real band who have had to contiue to pretend to be American actors in everyday life.

5. Charles Hawtrey bought the rights to the TV show 'The Fall Guy', intending to one day star in a movie re-imagining.

6. The only food available throughout the entire production of 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' were Cadbury's Wispas.

7. The "puppets" surrounding David Bowie in the movie Labyrinth are in fact the weird half-alien children he spawned with groupies over the prior fifteen years.

8. Kevins Spacey (as Bob Mortimer) and Bacon (as Vic Reeves) are to star in the Hollywood adaptation of 'Vic Reeve's Big Night Out'.

9. The Wachowski's have lined up a big-budget movie adaptation of the BBC's 'Why Don't You?' kids programme.

10. Harrison Ford is the witch in Dreamwork's forthcoming 'Chorlton and the Wheelies'.

< Message edited by rancorpuppet -- 6/11/2008 10:51:29 AM >

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 350
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 10/11/2008 2:20:39 AM   
fuzzy

Gregory Peck invented DVDs.
Dumber and Dumber was actually filmed twice, for luck.
Whilst filming Little Man Tate, Jodie Foster had an innate fear of moss.
In some Southern States, foreign films are almost always dubbed using the vocal talents of Randy Quaid.
Linda Hamilton has no shins.
It's official, Corbin Bernsen has the largest collection of step-ladders in the Northern Hemisphere.
Once a month, the combined might of Anne Heche and her friends attempt to lift John Goodman.
If they could successfully combine the taste of banana and strawberry, Derek Jacobi has gone on record as saying that it would be his favourite milkshake flavour.
East Timor has yet to officially recognise the existence of Jeremy Irons.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 351
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 10/11/2008 10:46:22 AM   
Deviation

Al Pacino is actually made of lead. Robert De Niro is the only one who knows about this, but sadly he is locked 600 feet underground to keep this secret. The De Niro you see in the cinemas right now is an impostor.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 352
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 8:59:55 AM   
FGT

Sam Peckinpah always used live ammunition in his movies
Bette Davis and Joan Crawford were sisters
Clint Eastwood is the grandchild of Stan Laurel

What would Dexter do?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 353
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 9:22:30 AM   
sanchia

Robert Redford was actually born in the 1870's and by 1889 was working as lab assistant to Nikola Tesla. It was during this time that an unnamed and highly eclectic went wrong and the young Redford (or Sanderson as he was dubbed then, Jamie Sanderson) was bathed in the outpouring of strange energies produced. The outcome of this accident was that Sanderson noticed that his aging appeared to have stopped at this point. He moved from place to place for several decades to prevent others noticing but in the 1950's that the effect of the accident ad worn off and he had begun to age again. He decided to maintain the alias he was living in at that time and thus Robert Redford continued on his merry way.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to FGT)
Post #: 354
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 12:14:41 PM   
Vito_Andolini

Daniel Craig's face was actually carved from granite by a greek sculptor in 400AD.  Unfortunately whilst carving, the sculptor slipped many times due to a sneezing fit.

It was proven in 1989 by Professor Andreas Schvitzelnitzel of the Swiss Institute of Random Activity that Bruce Campbell is Lord of All Existence.  Thankfully no-one has told him this as yet.

If you play The Departed backwards and add together all of Mark Wahlberg's dialogue, you are treated to a Cantonese version of The Funky Bunch hit 'Good Vibrations'.

M. Night Shayamalan is a stage name.  Though many people are now saying he should revert back to his real name of Twisty McPretentiouspants.

"Yes, yes we do"

"Okey dokey"

www.movieguys.org

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 355
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 1:05:34 PM   
igotnewlegs

Steve Martin rejects the existence of Gravity, instead choosing to believe he's being held to the ground by the giant thumb of 90s wrestler and one time actor 'Macho Man Randy Savage'.

Acclaimed director Neil Labute is the only living man capable of time-travel. Unfortunately he is only able to travel 0.00001 seconds in the future rendering the whole exercise entirely pointless.

Paul Rudd's family also refer to him as 'that guy who was in friends/ Judd Apatow comedy or was probably in Clueless but not sure'.

Judd Nelson recently brought peace to two South American tribes who had been at war for forty years over which God was better. Judd 'the negotiator' Nelson promised the bloody sacrifice of Ally Sheedy and Anthony Michael Hall if they just stopped 'bitching', as he put it. Weeks later he sacrificed the pair in an overly and quite unnecessarily bizarre manner, eating both their heads whilst singing Go West's 'We Close our Eyes' as a duet with a terrified Martin lawrence, whom he had taken hostage earlier in the day with the promise of free Oreos and improved water rates. Judd was caught two days later by LA's finest after he bragged about it on Oprah Winfrey, although what else he was doing on her was not disclosed. The rest of the Breakfast Club have been moved into protective custody as a precaution although Principal Richard 'Dick' Vernon has yet to be found, the likely reason being officials have been trying to find the character instead of the actual actor, who's name is probably not the same.

Nicholas Cage will only wear clothes made of Banana Skins.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

Post #: 356
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 1:17:10 PM   
Beno

Daniel Craig was cloned from Sid James DNA but they forgot to include James gratey laugh .. hence .. Daniel could not pursue a lifetime of making smutty comedies .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 357
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 1:23:32 PM   
Beno

PROOF .. if it were needed :

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 358
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 11/11/2008 6:33:54 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

The rest of the Breakfast Club have been moved into protective custody as a precaution although Principal Richard 'Dick' Vernon has yet to be found, the likely reason being officials have been trying to find the character instead of the actual actor, who's name is probably not the same.

I heard about this story too. Unfortunately the search was called off after detectives discovered that Paul Gleason (AKA Principal Vernon) has been dead for over 2 years. This makes me sad.

Post #: 359
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 12/11/2008 12:12:28 PM   
rancorpuppet

Jim Henson was a puppet manufactured by hideously deformed dwarves to pretend he had made them.

Art Malik is convinced that he was the star of 'True Lies'

Paul Newman long cherished the ambition to star in a Larry Grayson biopic.

Joe Pasquale is actively lobbying Warner Bros. for the lead role of Lion-O in the big screen version of 'Thundercats'.

'Saw 6' is the first film created where the actors will be performing live, in two-hour intervals, from an unknown location, beamed into movie houses as they go. This is in preparation for a visit by Prince Charles.

Willie Nelson is to realise the role of Spike Milligan in 'Curry and Chips - the Motion Picture'.

James Ellroy wrote the novelization of  the 'Hannah Montana Movie'

Chris Cunningham is to direct 'The Care Bears Movie'. 

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI