Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... - 23/2/2006 3:33:57 PM   
Plissken

Please feel free to submit your own movie facts:

1. It is a scientifc fact that Doom will look like Citzen Kane if it's viewed directly after Resident Evil Apocalypse.

2. Tom Cruise can NEVER die in a film. If the character is meant to die, then he shall be filmed sitting uncomfortably on public transport in order to give the impression of death (but do we know for sure?).

3. Everybody is a fan Chuck Norris and/or David Hasselhoff. If you are not then you are simply lying to yourself...

4. Jean Reno should never, ever, shave his facial hair.

5. Michael Biehn does not have it.

< Message edited by Plissken -- 23/2/2006 3:43:22 PM >

I saved Latin, what did you do?
Post #: 1
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 3:39:34 PM   
Snake Pliskin

you suck dude, change your name

(in reply to Plissken)
Post #: 2
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 3:42:02 PM   
Plissken

No, I spelled it correctly.

I saved Latin, what did you do?

(in reply to Snake Pliskin)
Post #: 3
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 3:43:31 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

If you ever see that bastard Kil_T_Mort let me know.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Plissken)
Post #: 4
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 6:39:31 PM   
Hannahc75

1. Ashton Kutcher made a good movie. Once. A very long time ago.

2. Tom Cruise was the ONE man that Chuck Norris was in awe of. So the Chuckster cut off the Cruisers legs, thus renderng him short. He then proceeded to have sex with Tom, rendering him gay too. He still hasn't gotten over it.

3. When he thinks the audience isn't looking, Maximus Decimus gets up. Runs off with the chick, becomes a crazy mathmetician, then a sea captain. When he becomes bored he decides boxing is the life for him but unfortunately dies.

4. Top Gun has gay undertones.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 5
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 7:48:24 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plissken

5. Michael Biehn does not have it.

Have what?

(in reply to Plissken)
Post #: 6
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 8:34:40 PM   
JediBobster

SOME OF MY VERY FAVOURITE MOVIE FACTS:

1. Sylvester Stallone wore slippers for some of his fight scenes in Rocky III.

2. The Death Star Mk II had twelve entire floors dedicated to solely to catering. That's not including cold storage.

3. Four out of ten cinema seats have been vomited on.

4. Before it was called On Golden Pond the title for the 1981 Fonda/Hepburn film was Death Force 3004.

5. The Ice Pirates is the most successful film of all time when you adjust the Box Office takings in it's favour.

6. Michael Biehn, despite the majority belief, does in fact 'have it.'

7. Gone with the Wind was filmed entirely upside down.

8. Gene Kelly was allergic to rain.

9. Issue 45 of Empire was their worst selling issue, shifting only 74 and a half copies.

10. John Lithgow has played Jesus onscreen more than any other person on Earth. And has played the Devil once.

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 7
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 9:00:44 PM   
Rhubarb

Johnny Depp bribed Tim Burton $7.36 to play Edward Scissorhands

Eli Roth swears every 3.6 seconds

E.T is based on Queen Victoria's life story.

Darth Vader thought the idea of building another Death Star was a bit rubbish after "what happened last time"

Sean Bean plays so many bad guys so that people think he's not a nice guy and won't ask for his autograph

Jar Jar Binks had to hire a bodyguard to stop Ewan McGregor twatting him

Liam Neeson claimed that Batman Begins was "more moving than Les Miserables"

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to JediBobster)
Post #: 8
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 23/2/2006 9:02:11 PM   
Mikey C

www.mikeynet.co.uk/film_trivia

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/2/2006 12:21:22 AM   
Jack of Blades

You're wrong. Michael Biehn has it.

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

(in reply to Plissken)
Post #: 10
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/2/2006 12:34:00 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannahc75
3. When he thinks the audience isn't looking, Maximus Decimus gets up. Runs off with the chick, becomes a crazy mathmetician, then a sea captain. When he becomes bored he decides boxing is the life for him but unfortunately dies.

And then spends the rest of his life wondering where the hell the little statues of his wife and son went.

(in reply to Hannahc75)
Post #: 11
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 24/2/2006 1:14:37 AM   
groucho

William Shatner was single handedly responsable for the fall of the chineese Ming dynasty.

Citzan Kane originaly ended with a massive song and dance number

Vince Vaughns flacid penis is exactly the size and shape (but not colour) of a fun size Bounty

If Richard Roxborough had over acted any more in Van Helsing he would have exploded covering the set in ham.

making Terminator 3 was a really really good idea

all of George Lucas' staff are computer geneated and programmed to agree with every idea no matter how outlandish

Dakota Fanning was cloned using genetic material from Shirley Temple and Orson Wells

Hawk The Slayer is rubbish!!!

I'm sorry, I cant hear you over the noise of how awesome I am!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 12
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/2/2006 7:48:57 PM   
paolo verdi

Tom Cruise is really 7'4" tall and has to be filmed from further away than his co-stars.

Vin Diesel once had a job as a telegraph pole in Wyoming.

Keanu is Hawaiin for hollow vessel.

Maria Schneider can't believe it's not butter.

"You have to know, not fear, that someday you are going to die. Until you know that and embrace that you are useless."

(in reply to groucho)
Post #: 13
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/2/2006 9:35:30 PM   
Biggus

Jean Claude Van Damme is actually a 'cut-and-shut' actor. Jean and Van's relationship has been declining steadily since the actor's box office takings have dwindled. Both are currently involved in an ongoing legal wrangle over who operates the legs.

The Elephant Man decided to quit acting despite rave reviews for his outstanding debut feature. He now works in accountancy in Deptford.

The original title for 'The Passion of the Christ' was in fact 'The Passion of Jesus H Christ' (the 'H' standing for Hulk) but was changed to it's more neutral title as certain religious groups feared it could lead to today's youth referring to the Messiah as 'The Hulkster'.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to paolo verdi)
Post #: 14
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/2/2006 9:41:47 PM   
nuttjob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Groucho

...and Babylon 5 is a big pile of shit! So is every even-numbered star-trek film and dogs can't look up!

UK-SF Join us!

http://www.youtube.com/nuttjob

(in reply to groucho)
Post #: 15
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 26/2/2006 10:22:18 PM   
Shifty Bench

Ron Perlman is actually the best looking guy in the world. He has cast a spell over every living person on the planet to think otherwise in order to not cause worldwide jealousy. Only ferrets can see the real him but they're telling no-one....

After researching and filming Braveheart in Scotland, Mel Gibson got addicted to Irn Bru. It got so bad that when back in the states he had to attend Sodaholics Anonymous. He has been clean now for 6 years.

Michael Biehn has so much of 'it' that all the directors he work for are jealous hence the reason he dies in every film he's in.

The movie Howard The Duck was actually the third in a trilogy but the first two were considered so awful they were never released.

I haven't got a clue what the hell I'm typing, a monkey has a gun to my back and I'm blindfolded. I don't speak monkey! (here's hoping that will stop me from getting sued )

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 16
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 2:55:45 PM   
Abe

Michael Biehn does have "it". In fact he has so much of "it" that fellow co-stars Arnold Schwarznegger and Bill Paxton stole his "it" with a crude device made from Lego and a funnel in order to boost their own talent, thus eclipsing Biehn's performances in Aliens and The Terminator. He also sold some of "it" to Tom Cruise for a pair of designer underpants and a duplex in Minsk.

Katie Holmes isn't actually pregnant - it's just gas!

Several fanboys did in fact hire an inexpensive hitman to kill Paul W.S Anderson after the release of Resident Evil Apocalypse but it proved ineffective as the llama couldn't tell the difference between a knife and a tambourine. The llama also couldn't keep his shades on.

< Message edited by Abe -- 27/2/2006 2:57:02 PM >

"I am Government Man Goat from the Government! The Government has sent me!"

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 17
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 3:58:49 PM   
manincrowd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannahc75

1. Ashton Kutcher made a good movie. Once. A very long time ago.

Yes, The Butterfly Effect. Unfairly slagged off coz he was in it but it's a cool film.

(in reply to Hannahc75)
Post #: 18
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 4:37:14 PM   
Bulletproof_Monk

1. Seann William Scott is actually the best dramatic actor for twenty years. He will, however, only discover this if he acts in one.

2. Bruce Campbell was cast as The Rocketeer but they couldn't get his chin under the helmet.

3. No good movies were made in 1951.

4. The graveyard at the end of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is actually located near Bournemouth in Dorset.

5. Hans Zimmer has only written one piece of music. All his film scores are the same thing sped up, slowed down or with different instruments playing each other's parts.

6. Terry Gilliam's films are so bad they have to be saved by the studios, who recut the films until they resemble slightly twisted masterpieces.

7. Evil Dead IV was made in 1999 and is currently in Sam Raimi's garden shed.

8. The song "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf has been in 193449394 movies.

9. Citizen Kane doesn't actually exist. In actuality, you are hypnotised and told that you-are-watching-the-greatest-movie-ever-made...

10. James Cameron built the Millenium Dome - he just hasn't figured out how he wants to use it yet.

CHAOS REIGNS!

Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.

(in reply to manincrowd)
Post #: 19
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 4:49:25 PM   
svgbdgr

Martin Fucking Lawrence is actually the greatest acting and comedic talent in the entire Universe. He is so far ahead of his time, that only genetically enhanced super humans in the year 5037 will have the necessary intelligence to recognise his genius. Whereupon he will be declared the supreme being and the Bible will be edited to replace the name Jesus with Martin Fucking Lawrence.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Bulletproof_Monk)
Post #: 20
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 4:55:28 PM   
Abe

If you say his name backwards 5 times, Christopher Walken will appear with a turnip, clean your house and put little mints on your pillows.

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 21
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 5:04:02 PM   
svgbdgr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abe

If you say his name backwards 5 times, Christopher Walken will appear with a turnip, clean your house and put little mints on your pillows.

Yes, yes, but is he dancing while he's doing it?

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Abe)
Post #: 22
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 5:14:00 PM   
Abe

quote:

ORIGINAL: svgbdgr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abe

Yes, yes, but is he dancing while he's doing it?

Only if you take the turnip and headbutt it into a fine paste...

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 23
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 27/2/2006 5:38:18 PM   
HIM

George Clooney's big break in acting came when he played an ER doctor in the TV show, ER. Ironic, considering his big break in life was his femur which resulted in a trip the ER to be treated by.... you guess it! a doctor!!!!

(in reply to Abe)
Post #: 24
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 1/4/2006 6:11:56 PM   
Biggus

Matt Damon once auditioned for the part of Batman in a school play. Believing that his superhero-esque jaw would be enough to land the part, he got so drunk the night before that he couldn't recite a single line without vomiting chicken kebab over his fellow budding thesps. Damon was subsequently banned from all amateur productions in his home state of Massachusetts and spent the next 3 years attempting to prove his doubters wrong by becoming an actual superhero. During this period Vole Man foiled 3 armed robberies, prevented 5 homicides, averted 1 suicide attempt and talked an old lady out of jaywalking.
The Batman role went to Jim Caviezel who, to my knowledge, has never taken to any practical methods of law enforcement since his turn as the Dark Knight.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 25
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 1/4/2006 7:12:06 PM   
maffew

quote:

ORIGINAL: nuttjob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Groucho

...and Babylon 5 is a big pile of shit! So is every even-numbered star-trek film and dogs can't look up!

now now, lets not start muddling up our quotes...and its every odd numbered star trek movie...

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to nuttjob)
Post #: 26
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 1/10/2006 2:08:04 PM   
Biggus

Roger Moore was originally offered the role of Neo in the Matrix but turned it down on the grounds that a saviour of human existence was beneath him.

Jason Statham is actually American. He mastered the cockney accent so well for his films with Guy Richie, that now he has returned to making films in his native tongue, he has the least convincing American accent since Jack Nicholson (a Bulgarian) appeared in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Martin Lawrence is a direct descendant of Oscar Wilde.

Dustin Hoffman has been banned from sneezing in some European countries.

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 27
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 1/10/2006 2:20:08 PM   
pablohoolio

George Clooney's actual first big break in acting was to play the role of the Churchill nodding-dog in the TV ads until he learned to stop his incessant head wobbling while delivering a line and they had to replace him.

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 1/10/2006 2:21:16 PM >

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 28
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 1/10/2006 3:42:28 PM   
target

Vin diesel is acually from the year 2051, he masterd time travel at the tender age of eleven, he spent his years travling through time learning all he could about the ancient civilizations of the past, to one day reach his dream of becoming the greatest actor of all time.
He then traveled back to the year 1999, and the rest is history.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to pablohoolio)
Post #: 29
RE: Here are some movie "facts" that I've mad... - 1/10/2006 3:50:27 PM   
danbo1138

arnold blackndecker is soooo eco friendly he ride to work on a camel
katleen turner used to be called bob no surname just bob
mel gibson has gills
steven speilberg cant swim but can walk on water ,hence the beard
clint eastwood wants to invade france,again.
judi dench was a cowboy in a previous life
brandon routh is actually superman,no really
hugh jackman likes goldfish buttys

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to pablohoolio)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Here are some movie "facts" that I've made up... Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI