Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 13/12/2012 8:59:00 AM   
sroey

I still have this game sat there, I need to play through it. I managed the prologue and I killed the first big squid monster thing ages ago.

Tough game but great, I have so many to get through tho...

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 31
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 24/12/2012 1:12:13 PM   
Peter Griffin

Just finished dark mode, piss easy if you craft the dark armour. This & The Walking Dead are easily my games of the year & i can't wait for The Witcher 3 The E-boobies Edition ;-)

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 32
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 24/12/2012 1:29:20 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

Just finished dark mode, piss easy if you craft the dark armour. This & The Walking Dead are easily my games of the year & i can't wait for The Witcher 3 The E-boobies Edition ;-)

Don't you have to wait till the third chapter before you get the dark armour though?

As I stated elsewhere I decided against a dark playthrough and I'm regretting it now. I'm finding the game incredibly easy and my interest is waning as a result. A shame because I'm doing the Roche playthrough and I've been absolutely stunned at how different the game is depending on who you follow at the end of chapter 1.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 33
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 24/12/2012 2:22:37 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Don't you have to wait till the third chapter before you get the dark armour though? 

There's a different dark armour in each chapter, did the first 2 & felt way over powered so didn't bother with the 3rd.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 34
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 2/1/2013 11:08:35 AM   
sroey

Whats this dark armour you speak of?

Post #: 35
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 2/1/2013 11:49:11 AM   
blackduck

Got this over Christmas, took a bit to get into the game, you're not allowed do much in act 1. But once it gets going it's great, surprised at how complex the plot is and how much you can alter the story. I'm nearly finished my first run through (sided with the elves), will have a go at the Roche version after.

My only complaints are the lack of a fast travel option, slightly clearer map would be good and the dice in the dice game should be a bit easier to read.

Skyrim might be a better sandbox game, but Witcher has Dwarves swearing.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 36
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 3/1/2013 7:30:20 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Whats this dark armour you speak of?

When you play dark mode in each chapter you can craft your own dark armour which makes the game too easy imo but if you want the chievo it's pretty boss.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 37
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 5/3/2013 8:14:02 PM   
BigKovacs

I'm still on chapter two, this games damn epic. It was tough to get into with its multiple story POV's and I need half an hour of reading up on the first game as a backdrop but now I'm warmed up I'm really enjoying it. As its been said the plot is good, great voice acting and the choices you make really do make a difference.

The combats a little easy though which is a shame

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

Post #: 38
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 6/11/2013 12:16:26 PM   
sroey

Actually managed to get back into this - 3rd time lucky...

Great game, incredibly dense plot and your actions at the end of Chapter one really do affect the rest of the game. This run through I'm siding with Roche. I haven't played through on Dark yet.

Highly recommended...

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 39
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 6/11/2013 12:26:29 PM   
Scott_

I got to chapter 3 I think and stopped playing for few days and never went back, it's hard to get into. It's throws so much lore at you, I'm still not sure what's going on or who everyone is. It deserves more attention than I can be arsed to give it really...I may get back to it eventually. Or not.

It is great though.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 40
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 6/11/2013 12:41:47 PM   
sroey

Exactly what stopped me on my first 2 attempts at it. So much information thrown at you, you need to stick with it. On my 3rd attempt I started from scratch. I have still had to read up on the first one...

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 41
RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings - 6/11/2013 12:42:34 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Actually managed to get back into this - 3rd time lucky...

Great game, incredibly dense plot and your actions at the end of Chapter one really do affect the rest of the game. This run through I'm siding with Roche. I haven't played through on Dark yet.

Highly recommended...

Yeah it's a cracking game. Witcher 3 is one of the few games that's slowly breaking my resolve regarding buying a next gen console (The Division being another one). I played through it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI