Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Michael Bay & Jim Cameron Talk 3D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Bay & Jim Cameron Talk 3D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Michael Bay & Jim Cameron Talk 3D - 20/5/2011 7:30:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: 3D - 20/5/2011 9:08:57 AM   
Ballschin

@umer_ejaz, I kind of agree with what you're saying. It does seem to be all about the money with Cameron, re-releasing Star Wars in 3D sickens me also.

I really can't see the point of it to be honest. It's really cool when you go on rides at theme parks where it's 3D and the stuff is blatantly lurching out into your face so you jump back but cinema seems to have shunned this approach because it's too "tacky" and adopted the "classier", subtler approach of just being able to discern that one character is stood in front of the other.

It adds nothing to 99% of films and you effectively have to sit through a movie with sunglasses on (and it gives me a headache). I'll be sticking to 2D releases for quite some time I imagine.
Post #: 2
RE: Michael Bay & Jim Cameron Talk 3D - 20/5/2011 1:29:39 PM   
umer_ejaz

The other thing with James Cameron is Titanic was released in late 1997 and Avatar twelve years later was released in late 2009, he's only done two movies within that time frame and yet we don't see him talking about any other movie apart from ones he wants to go back to and convert into 3D and say at a press junket that "this is the way the movie should have been seen!"

Don't know if anyone has ever pointed this out, does anyone actually think we'll ever see an Avatar 2? Or is this guy seriously going to influence every bloody director to get those 3D cameras rolling on every major blockbuster?

I like 3D (only ever great movie which took advantage of it was How to Train Your Dragon) but James Cameron seems to over sell the idea that 3D is a big extravaganza which it isn't.

I'd rather seem him do three or four movies in between Avatar and Avatar 2 so he can be different but at the moment the guy is going after more money which is mind boggling to say the least.

Michael Bay by the way, like I said before should have stuck to 2D considering the editing in Transformers 1 & 2 weren't great to say the least.

#9 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Bay & Jim Cameron Talk 3D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI