Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Joypad Recommends!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Joypad Recommends! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 8/3/2012 2:12:01 PM   
talpacino

Abusing Scott is a good first step towards greatness in Battlefield so you're doing well.

I'd give Mass Effect a go if you wanna stick with RPGs. Perfect Sci Fi feel to it if you're a Sci Fi fan.

You could always go back and give Elder Scrolls 4 a shot. It might feel a bit clunky and old now compared to Skyrim though. Prob pick it up dirt cheap now too.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 31
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 8/3/2012 2:14:06 PM   
Chief Wiggum

Join us! - seriously though BF3 is a lot of fun, (as stated in the BF3 specific thread, it's the one game I wish I had a 360 for, so I could join in on the shennanigans).

Other than that Fallout 3 is brilliant, not as shiny, graphically, but excellent for a free-roaming exploring RPG, and the mood is a genius blend of post-apocolyptic depression and 1950s optimism.

I bought Oblivion to tide me over until Skyrim DLC drops, but just couldn't get into it.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

Post #: 32
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 8/3/2012 2:17:55 PM   
Scott_

Don't hate the player...

Fallout 3/New Vegas are awesome. Oblivion still rocks the shit. Theres really not alot of games that allow exploration on the scale of Skyrim....not ones I can think of anyway.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 33
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 8/3/2012 2:28:57 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

Join us! - seriously though BF3 is a lot of fun, (as stated in the BF3 specific thread, it's the one game I wish I had a 360 for, so I could join in on the shennanigans).

I'm a Sony fangirl so that would exclude me as well then! Can you not all play together then?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 34
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 8/3/2012 3:54:28 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

I'm a Sony fangirl so that would exclude me as well then! Can you not all play together then?

No and we don't really talk to those PS3er BFers either.

If you're on PS3 that's Mass Effect out too as far as I know.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 35
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 8/3/2012 4:17:37 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

No and we don't really talk to those PS3er BFers either.

If you're on PS3 that's Mass Effect out too as far as I know.

The first Mass Effect anyways.  As everyone else is saying- Fallout 3/NV are awesome games.  If you want a challenge play Dark Souls and/or Demon's Souls- Action-RPGs with more of a focus on combat and gameplay. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 36
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 31/1/2013 2:18:10 AM   
Sutty

I only really play FIFA. But think I fancy a role playing platformer. Any recommendations? I used to love Tomb Raider back in the day and I enjoyed Drakes Fortune (that is the first one isn't it?). What are the newer installments like?

Would love some ideas. The closer to Tomb Rider and the like the better I think...
Something involving, engaging, challenging, but easy to get in to.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 37
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 31/1/2013 8:21:32 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I only really play FIFA. But think I fancy a role playing platformer. Any recommendations? I used to love Tomb Raider back in the day and I enjoyed Drakes Fortune (that is the first one isn't it?). What are the newer installments like?

Would love some ideas. The closer to Tomb Rider and the like the better I think...

Have you tried any of the Assassin's Creed games? They involve a bit of platforming, quite pretty to look at and great fun. Alternatively, try the Prince Of Persia game from 2008 or wait a few weeks for the new Tomb Raider game which is released on 5th March...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 38
RE: Joypad Recommends! - 6/2/2013 7:16:42 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves is probably the best of the series so far, 3 is good too but 2 just edges it. You can probably pick it up quite cheap now anyways.

There's Hydrophobia Prophecy on the PSN stores which again is pretty cheap, if you like Tomb Raider/Uncharted esque games. Theres a ton of swimming in it but it does have the Tomb Raidery/Uncharted'esque vibe to it with the platforming and shooting.

There's also the Tomb Raider HD Collection and From Hell's suggestion the Assassins Creed series (AC2 being the definate high point, for me, of the series - do go for the Game of the Year edition though as it'll have the two DLC packs on the disc included).

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Joypad Recommends! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI