Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 3:36:51 PM   
jediwarrior

Also just be sent a text on this

An anagram of Osama Bin Laden is Lob da man in sea

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 241
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 4:20:08 PM   
furrybastard

I believe in healthy skepticism but a bit of common sense is needed when looking at the details of these things.  These conspiracy theorists do realise that in order for his death to have been faked, Bin Laden would have to be in on the whole thing, right?

It's right to question certain details of the event - like the 'human shield' aspect that sounded more like misinterpretation on the government's part when someone was caught in the crossfire or fought back, or more cynically as a means of tarnishing Al Queda's leader in the eyes of his followers. However questioning whether he's actually dead is absurd and, frankly, stupid.  If that were the case, I can't figure out what people see as Obama's endgame.  All it would take is Bin Laden taking a picture holding today's newspaper and it'd destroy Obama's presidency and do huge damage to America's reputation and morale.

As for the burial at sea, the CIA have been disappearing people for nigh on 50 years. How do you think they get rid of the bodies!?  In this case, there were practical reasons on top of everything else, what with the worry over having a shrine to the guy.

If people want a real conspiracy theory to latch onto, you'll find it by looking at the Paskistani goverment and/or military and how Bin Laden managed to live there for the past 5 years without being detected.

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 5/5/2011 4:22:20 PM >

Post #: 242
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 4:32:13 PM   
Deviation

So they actually invented a new form of stealth helicopter to assault bin Laden? 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 243
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 4:36:26 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

So they actually invented a new form of stealth helicopter to assault bin Laden? 

No they used Black Hawks as reported

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 244
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 5:29:39 PM   
Spaldron

Don't tar everyone with the same brush man. I do believe in some govt cover ups but don't lump me in with those moronic "birthers" and moon landing deniers. I'm quite happy to accept truth on face value, evidence provided and am not the type of person who can't be persuaded to change my opinion.

I'm about 70% sure the US govt are telling the truth about Bin Laden. However as aware as I am of the numerous claims and "evidences" provided that suggests Bin Laden has actually been dead for a while and/or he was a CIA puppet and was a patsy for 9/11 which was actually orchestrated by the Bush administration (if you believe in that sort of thing, I'm undecided myself) then I'm happy to remain slightly sceptical until I see proof with my own eyes.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 245
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 7:07:27 PM   
MI Cruise

I guess the main pressure is now on Pakistan, who some in the world would blame for harbouring such a famous terrorist. Of course their is always the conspiracy theory route that Bin Laden was killed pre-hand and dumped in Pakistan etc etc. However I do believe he was genuinely there and is now dead. I dont think the Pakistani president has made an announcement to the country yet so we'll have to wait and see.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 246
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 7:08:08 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Don't tar everyone with the same brush man. I do believe in some govt cover ups but don't lump me in with those moronic "birthers" and moon landing deniers. I'm quite happy to accept truth on face value, evidence provided and am not the type of person who can't be persuaded to change my opinion.

I'm about 70% sure the US govt are telling the truth about Bin Laden. However as aware as I am of the numerous claims and "evidences" provided that suggests Bin Laden has actually been dead for a while and/or he was a CIA puppet and was a patsy for 9/11 which was actually orchestrated by the Bush administration (if you believe in that sort of thing, I'm undecided myself) then I'm happy to remain slightly sceptical until I see proof with my own eyes.

So you put stock in the theory that he has been dead for a while but not when you are told he was killed on Sunday/Monday. That makes no sense.

The fact is he is very very very dead. However there are people who even if you stuck his body on strings and made the worlds most fucked up Thunderbird puppet would still insist on shenannigans.

Every aspect of this makes total sense. I have not heard anything that makes me think "Hmmmm, really?"

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 247
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 8:53:40 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Yes. They used Airwolf.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 248
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 9:24:14 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

So you put stock in the theory that he has been dead for a while but not when you are told he was killed on Sunday/Monday. That makes no sense.

The fact is he is very very very dead. However there are people who even if you stuck his body on strings and made the worlds most fucked up Thunderbird puppet would still insist on shenannigans.

Every aspect of this makes total sense. I have not heard anything that makes me think "Hmmmm, really?"

Did you even read my post?

quote:

. I'm quite happy to accept truth on face value, evidence provided and am not the type of person who can't be persuaded to change my opinion. - I'm about 70% sure the US govt are telling the truth about Bin Laden. - I'm undecided myself) then I'm happy to remain slightly sceptical until I see proof with my own eyes.

As I said I'm pretty sure they're telling the truth, but it would be nice to have some proof don't you think?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 249
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 9:41:56 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Did you even read my post?

quote:

. I'm quite happy to accept truth on face value, evidence provided and am not the type of person who can't be persuaded to change my opinion. - I'm about 70% sure the US govt are telling the truth about Bin Laden. - I'm undecided myself) then I'm happy to remain slightly sceptical until I see proof with my own eyes.

As I said I'm pretty sure they're telling the truth, but it would be nice to have some proof don't you think?

No. I am satisfied that there is not a cover up involving the CIA, NSA, FBI, The White House, the entire President, the Navy Seals and Bin Laden himself. Not saying that you are not but I will take it that he is dead.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 250
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 10:49:32 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

Bad wording on my part on my part there....I'm not denying it's not a Black Hawk but did it actually have a stealth modification (or if it is modified stealth version of the UH-60)?

< Message edited by Deviation -- 5/5/2011 10:53:29 PM >

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

Post #: 251
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:17:49 PM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonson
The last of the true heroes.
RIP.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

Post #: 252
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:30:51 PM   
MonsterCat

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but when did Jonson say that?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 253
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:33:02 PM   
great_badir

I was just going to ask the same...

EDIT - oh hang on - Jonson said that about "Chuckles" in a different thread.

< Message edited by great_badir -- 6/5/2011 1:34:02 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 254
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:40:03 PM   
MonsterCat

Who's Chuckles?

CONFUSED!

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 255
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:43:32 PM   
great_badir

The last surviving WW1 vet.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 256
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:46:26 PM   
MonsterCat

And what does that have to do with Bin Laden?

EVEN MORE CONFUSED!

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 257
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:46:37 PM   
RPupkin

I assume for comic effect.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 258
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:49:51 PM   
great_badir

I am guessing Toby either has something against Jonson, or he's just trying to mirror Jonson's acerbic wit. But I don't think Jonson would ever go that far, even if he was only joking.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to RPupkin)
Post #: 259
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 1:59:48 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bad wording on my part on my part there....I'm not denying it's not a Black Hawk but did it actually have a stealth modification (or if it is modified stealth version of the UH-60)?

Actually this doesn't look like a Black Hawk....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13297846

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 260
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 6/5/2011 2:28:05 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonson
The last of the true heroes.
RIP.

You trying to get me into trouble?
No doubt in the Chuckles thread it says "thank fuck for that, murdering bearded prick!"

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 261
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 8/5/2011 4:13:10 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I saw that on Twitter earlier tweeted by Penn Jillette. Great quote. 

It is also a fake quote

http://m.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/out-of-osamas-death-a-fake-quotation-is-born/238220/

It's academic whether it was said by King or Joe Bloggs - the sentiments remain the same....

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 262
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 8/5/2011 5:47:57 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

U

Actually this doesn't look like a Black Hawk....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13297846

Man, all these years those stealth compter conspiracy guys were right!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 263
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 8/5/2011 5:52:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I saw that on Twitter earlier tweeted by Penn Jillette. Great quote. 

It is also a fake quote

http://m.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/out-of-osamas-death-a-fake-quotation-is-born/238220/

It's academic whether it was said by King or Joe Bloggs - the sentiments remain the same....

Indeed

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 264
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 8/5/2011 5:57:22 PM   
Spaldron

Just seen a report on the BBC where the locals near the compound are all denying the assault took place at all. A guy living nearby claims the US were never there and it was faked. Also another local says he knows the guy in the new photo's released and it ain't Bin Laden...

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 265
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 8/5/2011 9:53:35 PM   
furrybastard

Link?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 266
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 8/5/2011 9:59:14 PM   
sanchia

Considering al queda have admitted he is dead the naysayers are in a bit of a weak position.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 267
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 12:14:41 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Link?

There isn't one, it was on the news channel. I can't find the specific report in video clip form. Its on here at about 5.00 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01125nv/BBC_Weekend_News_08_05_2011/

Post #: 268
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 3:54:44 AM   
Deviation

So Al Qaeda lied? 

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 269
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 6:02:30 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

So no one is a little uncomfortable that the US can go to a foreign country and execute someone without trial? Justice or revenge?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI