Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 9:18:15 AM   
Hood_Man

The Janitor was right!!

http://youtu.be/KhCdlygmSJ4

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 211
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 10:11:04 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

While I liek to critise America at every opportunity, I think they have dealt with this spot on. Yes, in an ideal world I'd love to see him paraded in front of the courts, and hang for his crimes, but a bullet in the head then toss him over the side for fish food seems the best way.
This might be slightly different, but what difference did it make when Saddam was executed? Where is he buried? Is there a shrine to him?

It's different though. Sadddam was the leader of a country whereas Bin Laden was an ideologue.

And very different to bin Laden in several ways.

True. Bin Laden wouldn't be seen dead in a beret.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 212
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 12:32:31 PM   
blackduck

I am but an egg.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 213
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 2:50:58 PM   
Epiphany Demon

I don't mean to alarm you guys but the luggage shop next to my work were advertising for part time last week.

Now they're not. And the new guy has a very large beard.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 214
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 3:30:37 PM   
elab49

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13280128

Last time I looked the 'world' didn't have him staying round the corner in a $1M heavily and obviously fortified new compound.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 215
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 4:59:29 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

I don't mean to alarm you guys but the luggage shop next to my work were advertising for part time last week.

He's actually a Silent. You'd kill him otherwise.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 216
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 5:01:22 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

He's actually a Silent. You'd kill him otherwise.

Image of Silent with Osama beard = lol

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 217
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 6:41:04 PM   
Spaldron

WH not releasing pics of Osama's body. The conspiracy starts here.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 218
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 6:53:16 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

I honestly don't see the point of releasing the pictures anyway. Things between us and Al-Qaeda are bad enough without releasing something as potentially inflammatory as those pictures.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 4/5/2011 6:55:56 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 219
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 7:15:41 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

I honestly don't see the point of releasing the pictures anyway. Things between us and Al-Qaeda are bad enough without releasing something as potentially inflammatory as those pictures.

however not releasing them only adds to peoples doubts and suspicions of a conspiracy, I think they should just release the funeral footage (if they have it) and leave the death pics alone, although some people wont give up until they have seen hard evidence.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 220
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 7:20:03 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

however not releasing them only adds to peoples doubts and suspicions of a conspiracy, I think they should just release the funeral footage (if they have it) and leave the death pics alone, although some people wont give up until they have seen hard evidence.

Yeah, I think releasing a tape of his burial would be good enough for me. That alone probably wouldn't be enough to convince some people, but there's not much the Obama administration can do about that.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 221
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 7:21:09 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

especially if, as I suspect, the pictures of the body also have the picture of one of the SEAL team teabagging his cold lifeless body for camping non stop for 5 years.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 222
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 7:22:55 PM   
MonsterCat

Either that or someone wrote "PWNED!" on his face.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 223
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 8:46:33 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Jay Carney has to be the most useless Spokesman of all time.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 224
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 9:02:29 PM   
MonsterCat

He does seem rather awkward in front of the press.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 225
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 11:44:58 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

If he was still alive he'd have released a video by now of him pulling a mooney with a picture of Obama on his arsehole.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 226
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 4/5/2011 11:53:36 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

If he was still alive he'd have released a video by now of him pulling a mooney with a picture of Obama on his arsehole.

Let's be honest here, I doubt the US were stupid enough to just claim he was disposed of if he was still at large.

He's either been killed and disposed of as they say, found dead and they're claiming they killed him to give 9/11 victims closure, or he's still very much alive and being held by the US, which is the most likely conspiracy theory.

What would be the best option for the US right now is to release this picture to the World's Leaders only, if they aren't wanting to rile up or offend anyone with these pictures.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 227
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 12:03:44 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

Let's be honest here, I doubt the US were stupid enough to just claim he was disposed of if he was still at large.

He's either been killed and disposed of as they say, found dead and they're claiming they killed him to give 9/11 victims closure, or he's still very much alive and being held by the US, which is the most likely conspiracy theory.

What would be the best option for the US right now is to release this picture to the World's Leaders only, if they aren't wanting to rile up or offend anyone with these pictures.

Actually there's some suggestion that he's been dead for years...

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 228
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 12:09:59 AM   
CORLEONE

He was abducted by aliens in 1998.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 229
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 12:22:19 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

Indeed that is the conspiracy theory du jour. I don't think anyone who's claiming he wasn't killed in Pakistan is saying he's still alive.

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 5/5/2011 12:23:41 AM >

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 230
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 7:54:37 AM   
Drew_231

quote:

If thats the case then why did the US choose to release the info now? Why not under the Bush administration to secure another Republican win? Why not last year when Obamas health care proposal was having such problems being past? Why not next year before the elections to ensure a 2nd term? It makes no real sense to suddenly release the info now as the American government stand to gain very little at this point in time

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 231
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 8:04:58 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

If thats the case then why did the US choose to release the info now? Why not under the Bush administration to secure another Republican win? Why not last year when Obamas health care proposal was having such problems being past? Why not next year before the elections to ensure a 2nd term? It makes no real sense to suddenly release the info now as the American government stand to gain very little at this point in time

Well  you see that's the whole point - they release the info at random at a time when they've seemingly nothing to gain. That way we're far more likely to believe it. They're probably just covering up something really evil that they've just done. It doesn't matter if it's Bush or Obama in the White House anyway, the country (as is the world) is  run by space lizards. Space lizards who want to eat us all. It's true - David Icke says so.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 5/5/2011 8:27:09 AM >

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 232
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 9:58:15 AM   
Rob

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but I can't see there being much of a case for one in this instance. As Drew said the timing is all wrong if that's the case. I don't think Bin Laden is as "relevant" today as he was five years ago so I don't really see why they'd fabricate it now. In this day and age when information is passed across the globe in milliseconds a secret that big wouldn't stay so for long.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 233
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 10:56:14 AM   
Le Tenia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but I can't see there being much of a case for one in this instance. As Drew said the timing is all wrong if that's the case. I don't think Bin Laden is as "relevant" today as he was five years ago so I don't really see why they'd fabricate it now. In this day and age when information is passed across the globe in milliseconds a secret that big wouldn't stay so for long.

Aye, but unfortunately there are some sad sacks in this world who look for things that aren't there in order to fill up their drab little lives.

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 234
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 11:46:35 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

Aye, but unfortunately there are some sad sacks in this world who look for things that aren't there in order to fill up their drab little lives.

You're an open minded soul ain't you. So I guess we just accept everything the govt says and obediently never question authority? And to think when some people questioned Oswald's role in the Kennedy assassination, they were labelled crackpots too..

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 235
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 1:53:16 PM   
great_badir

quote:

You're an open minded soul ain't you. So I guess we just accept everything the govt says and obediently never question authority? And to think when some people questioned Oswald's role in the Kennedy assassination, they were labelled crackpots too..

Without wanting to derail the thread, hasn't it been proven, with the benefit of modern technology and by several independent researchers and experts, that Oswald did act alone and that all of the original theories that, so say proved he didn't (the magic bullet, for example) can actually be explained very easily? At least in terms of the actual kill - obviously still numerous unanswered questions as to who was involved with the actual set up.

< Message edited by great_badir -- 5/5/2011 1:58:12 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 236
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 2:03:58 PM   
Woger

Time to invest in tinfoil futures.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 237
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 2:07:53 PM   
Woger

quote:

quote:

Nothing to do with open minded; I follow some thread on the september 11th conspiracy on another forum and no amount of evidence will sway the ridiculously named truthers.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 238
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 2:37:56 PM   
Le Tenia

quote:

quote:

I am open minded, but there are some folk who are so blinkered and too wrapped up in their wee conspiracies that hard evidence to the contrary, such as the moon landings, Obamas birthplace and 9/11, cannot and will not make them see sense. Sometimes black is black and white is white.

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 239
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 5/5/2011 3:30:46 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Le Tenia

quote:

quote:

I am open minded, but there are some folk who are so blinkered and too wrapped up in their wee conspiracies that hard evidence to the contrary, such as the moon landings, Obamas birthplace and 9/11, cannot and will not make them see sense. Sometimes black is black and white is white.

Well Said

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI