Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 9:23:42 AM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

So no one is a little uncomfortable that the US can go to a foreign country and execute someone without trial? Justice or revenge?

No the guy was a terrorist not a international leader. Ain't the first time the yanks have taken one out and won't be the last.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 271
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 11:22:29 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Just seen a report on the BBC where the locals near the compound are all denying the assault took place at all. A guy living nearby claims the US were never there and it was faked. Also another local says he knows the guy in the new photo's released and it ain't Bin Laden...

Complete bullshit. Even *if* the US were to fake such an event, do you not think they would have at least stages some kind of phoney raid, so that when the worlds media arrived to cover the story the governments story tied in with that of the locals?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 272
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 4:09:30 PM   
spamandham

quote:

So no one is a little uncomfortable that the US can go to a foreign country and execute someone without trial? Justice or revenge?

It's called murder, and it's nauseating to watch people cheer it, even if the victim was a criminal.

Post #: 273
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 4:34:12 PM   
Woger

Not as nauseating as seeing people get more worked up over the death of Bin Laden than the deaths of protestors in Syria etc

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 274
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 4:36:10 PM   
Woger

quote:

Just seen a report on the BBC where the locals near the compound are all denying the assault took place at all. A guy living nearby claims the US were never there and it was faked. Also another local says he knows the guy in the new photo's released and it ain't Bin Laden...

Was it Ali G, and was his mate Dave?

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 275
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 5:04:18 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

It is dodgy, although wasn't the plan to capture him?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 276
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 5:32:20 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

Complete bullshit. Even *if* the US were to fake such an event, do you not think they would have at least stages some kind of phoney raid, so that when the worlds media arrived to cover the story the governments story tied in with that of the locals?

Don't shoot the messenger.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 277
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 9:38:36 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Not as nauseating as seeing people get more worked up over the death of Bin Laden than the deaths of protestors in Syria etc

And of course no way near as nauseating as seeing absolutely zero justice for people like Bush and his cronies whose crimes have caused the deaths of at the very least a hundred thousand people and suffering to millions.

And another good reason for nausea is the way we don't seem to want to topple Bahrain's dictatorship where troops have been firing on protestors. (If you didn't know the US Navy's Fifth Fleet operates out of Bahrain)

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 278
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 9:48:32 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

And of course no way near as nauseating as seeing absolutely zero justice for people like Bush and his cronies whose crimes have caused the deaths of at the very least a hundred thousand people and suffering to millions.

And another good reason for nausea is the way we don't seem to want to topple Bahrain's dictatorship where troops have been firing on protestors. (If you didn't know the US Navy's Fifth Fleet operates out of Bahrain)

This ^

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 279
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 10:50:55 PM   
Woger

Yes, poor Bin Laden.

- - -

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 280
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 10:58:27 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

So no one is a little uncomfortable that the US can go to a foreign country and execute someone without trial?

No. Fuck him.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 281
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 11:00:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

It was clearly revenge but I'm not to going to cry for Bin Laden.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 282
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 11:02:17 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/09/osama-bin-laden-us-pakistan-deal

Looks like Pakistan's goverment are in deeper trouble after this...

I think a trial would have been almost impossible, frankly.  In fact, he'd probably get off if they tried him for the 9/11 attacks (witnesses?  Witnesses that aren't compromised by torture/bias!?)  His Wanted information on the FBI page had him down for the 1998 attacks, not the 2001 WTC attack because solid evidence was difficult to pin down. Unless Osama was willing to plead guilty, it would have been an absolute circus.  He and Al Queda have taken credit for the attack but put any of them in a courtroom and they'll plead not guilty for obvious reasons, or argue the terrorist cell were acting of their own volition and not under any direct orders. It would be a very long, drawn-out trial that would most likely end in compromise, which wouldn't go over well with anybody I should think.

It's most definitely an argument worth having though.  The Western world has supposedly built itself on institutions like democracy and justice and it's cases like this that we need to confront and question in order to protect those values.

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 9/5/2011 11:11:51 PM >

Post #: 283
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 9/5/2011 11:15:07 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I wouldn't have had any problem executing him after a trial, but shooting him dead when unarmed and then making up a bunch of lies about how it went down before dumping him in the sea and witholding any proof of his death really isn't really the best to make people trust you. Then again they are a superpower and do what the fuck they want, and the media usefully brainwashes the sheep into believing they are they good guys.

It does make you think why they'd want to execute him in this fashion, afterall the Nazis were all tried - maybe rather unsavoury facts about his connections to various people could never be allowed to come to light - the Saudis, Pakistanis, Americans they all no doubt had their reasons for silencing the fucker.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 284
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 10/5/2011 1:02:51 AM   
furrybastard

I'm not so sure it's fair to call it an execution as we don't have all the facts and it's likely the team that went in weren't going to take any chances. Osama would have had enough time to realize what was going on (I would think...) and they must have been prepared for any eventuality, like suicide vests etc. Hell, it could have come down to the individual soldier at that precise moment. Regardless, these situations can't be distinguished as starkly right or wrong, it's more like a grey fog!

And as I said, I don't believe a fair trial would have even been realistic in this situation. Look at how much trouble they've had attempting to try Guantanoma prisoners.  It's not parallel to the Nazi trials which was a traditional army/state; these guys don't operate in the same way are are not represented or recognized as a distinct national entity. Besides, the Germans' tendency to write everything down and have orderly, detailed accounts of everything worked against them in that case!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 285
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 10/5/2011 4:56:52 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Surely the difficulty in bringing a case against him means it's difficult to establish that he was resposible for September 11th? If that's the case what are they really getting him for?
I'm sure there are other people who it would be hard to put on trial, should we make this the basis for their execution?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 286
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 10/5/2011 7:20:58 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Apparently they have admitted they never planned a live capture.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 287
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 11/5/2011 8:39:40 PM   
white mage

All I can say is took them long enough to find him. What I don't understand is why it was on the front of the Sun that supporters are targeting Prince Harry over Bin Larden's death. The Bristish soliders didn't kill him did they? It was the American soliders.

< Message edited by white mage -- 11/5/2011 8:40:40 PM >

We do not write the songs, we live them

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 288
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 11/5/2011 9:09:20 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Well that sounds like the usual sound, incisive geopolitical journalism I would expect from the Sun.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to white mage)
Post #: 289
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 16/5/2011 3:41:35 PM   
Cruisecontroller

His death is a definite blow to Al Qiedia but I`m not sure if it will make the world a safer place. This isn`t like the sucide of Hitler meaning the final end of the Nazis reign in mainland Europe Al Qiedia well just replace him with someone else and if anything will step up their campaign in revenge. There HQ has been inflitrated but he wasn`t running the whole organization. I can understand New Yorkers wanting to celebrate his death after what they`ve been through but no matter how evil someone is I couldn`t rejoice at their death. Then again I haven`t been affected by 9/11 and the death of a loved one as a result like they probably have.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 290
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 16/5/2011 6:56:48 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Apparently they have admitted they never planned a live capture.

Ah. Well I have to say I'm with Kilo on this one then.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 291
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 18/5/2011 10:58:52 AM   
Mike_003

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

His death is a definite blow to Al Qiedia but I`m not sure if it will make the world a safer place. This isn`t like the sucide of Hitler meaning the final end of the Nazis reign in mainland Europe Al Qiedia well just replace him with someone else and if anything will step up their campaign in revenge. There HQ has been inflitrated but he wasn`t running the whole organization. I can understand New Yorkers wanting to celebrate his death after what they`ve been through but no matter how evil someone is I couldn`t rejoice at their death. Then again I haven`t been affected by 9/11 and the death of a loved one as a result like they probably have.

Yes, somehow true. I accept you words that this is not the end. Yes, this is just the dawn and we need to finish all the terrorists. They are agitated now and will surely take some step to fight against Americans. Now we actually need to fasten our operations.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 292
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 18/5/2011 12:54:25 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Eh, what?

How do you propose to fasten your operations, invade somewhere else?

Bin Laden was an evil mofo, no doubt and in my opinion the world is a little better with him not in it. But to use his death as a justification for other means stikes me as part of the reason the US has got themselves into trouble with the Foreign affairs policy already.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Mike_003)
Post #: 293
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 18/5/2011 1:23:25 PM   
Titanm21

"Yes, this is just the dawn and we need to finish all the terrorists"

The more you kill the more there will be... the invasion of Iraq showed us that. Maybe if we could find a way to work alongside those in the middle east instead of going down the war option we can create more understanding between all parties and find a peaceful solution.

Or we could just blow the fuck out of anyone and everything until we win... cause that'll work out I'm sure

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 294
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 19/5/2011 8:33:42 AM   
Mike_003

Look my friend, its absolutely impossible t kill all the terrorists. With agitation, more will grow up. The best way is to find a peaceful solution or else, it will never end. The good teachings will only help. It will take time, but work will be done.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 295
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 7/8/2011 4:14:03 PM   
Spaldron

So anyone see the news the other day about the 31 US special forces killed when their helicopter got shot down in Afghan? Apparently 20 of them were part of the squad that "killed" Bin Laden.

So first we're told that Bin Laden was killed in a US raid on his compound, despite some claims he's been dead for years (if he even existed in the first place) and contrary to some eyewitnesses in the area who saw no raid at all. Then they quickly bury him at sea without providing a shred of evidence proving they had him in the first place, and the white house refuses to release photo's of his corpse (if there was one).

And now the troops who we're told were involved in his assassination are shot down by a simple Taliban rocket, despite instances of this kind of attack being extremely rare and the fact that US helicopters have anti missile capabilities and one carrying special forces would probably have had extra protection. All potential witnesses to the original raid and/or what really happened are nicely done away with.

Convenient eh?

(in reply to Mike_003)
Post #: 296
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 7/8/2011 4:15:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

If Bin Laden wasn't killed at the compound why did Al Queda issue a release confirming it had happened?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 297
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 7/8/2011 4:19:23 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

So anyone see the news the other day about the 31 US special forces killed when their helicopter got shot down in Afghan? Apparently 20 of them were part of the squad that "killed" Bin Laden.

So first we're told that Bin Laden was killed in a US raid on his compound, despite some claims he's been dead for years (if he even existed in the first place) and contrary to some eyewitnesses in the area who saw no raid at all. Then they quickly bury him at sea without providing a shred of evidence proving they had him in the first place, and the white house refuses to release photo's of his corpse (if there was one).

And now the troops who we're told were involved in his assassination are shot down by a simple Taliban rocket, despite instances of this kind of attack being extremely rare and the fact that US helicopters have anti missile capabilities and one carrying special forces would probably have had extra protection. All potential witnesses to the original raid and/or what really happened are nicely done away with.

Convenient eh?

You've got to change your avatar if you're going to post conspiracy theories

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 298
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 7/8/2011 4:19:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

And what the heck do you mean by "if he ever existed?"

You need to stop reading the crazy dude.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 299
RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead - 7/8/2011 4:45:14 PM   
horribleives

quote:

Convenient eh?

Not all a of them, there were plenty of other eyewitnesses at the scene who have described the raid, as well as the other special forces involved who weren't part of the squad just killed in Afghanistan.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Osama Bin Laden Dead Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI