Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Walking Dead: Season 1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> TV Reviews >> The Walking Dead: Season 1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 28/4/2011 8:48:21 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 5/5/2011 6:21:10 PM   
Blue Ray

I found this series absolutely gripping.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
"Dead" Good - 6/5/2011 5:32:54 PM   
dasnooje74

This is one of the best shows to come around in a very long time. Well cast, well scripted and the SFX are quality.
The most "realistic" depiction of an Undead Rising I've seen in a while,lol. Right up there with the Romero Greats.

Post #: 3
SUPERBLY ENTERTAINING,MASTErFULLY SUSPENSEFUL AND AS SH... - 11/5/2011 6:19:49 PM   
lewisb548

Frank Darabont a genious in film making has brought us the walking dead, what a joy, this is no fairy tale as the title clearly states but it's still brilliant, Darabont has a knack for chaos these days, with the tragic and horrifying "The Mist." and now the walking dead, the two both completely different in almost every aspect aside from one, they both focus highly on what life is like when the fabric of society is burnt, the two gruelling and tragic sets of horror and drama combined show clearly what humans will resort in dire situations of peril and pressure, when you take away the rules, humans will resort too anything, anything. The Mist shows humans turning on each other rather than fighting the real monsters and the walking dead does the same, with a beatifully tragic and almost majestic pilot which is a much higher standard of the other episodes which all though good dont reach the heights of the classic pilot. Six epiosdes doesn't seem enough, with the chaos and zombies, humans have resorted too anything to survive, even killing each other of rather than fighting the real threat, one episode, the best of the episodes other than the pilot, called "VATOS." for a change rather than focusing on chaos and guts, it focuses on beauty, with armed mercenaries looking after the elderly, in a almost perfectly and believable episode which shows the brilliance series two may hold in store for us.
There are many differences between the first graphic novel and this first series, most notably that the character of Shane doesn't die in the finale, bit weird but with the differences the writers have thought on their feet bringing us a staisfactory conclusion leaving us hungry for more, I and many other movie buffs will not be able too wait for the second series. We want more zombies!

< Message edited by lewisb548 -- 11/5/2011 6:21:06 PM >

Post #: 4
A SUPRISE! - 19/5/2011 10:34:53 PM   
Horrorguru

Not as good as GEORGE A. ROMERO'S original DEAD SAGA night/ Dawn/ Day of the dead (the originals not the shit remakes!) The walking dead reeks of ROMERO when he was at his best! i loved the walking dead, can't wait for series 2.

Post #: 5
Rivetting Stuff - 20/5/2011 8:23:25 PM   
docksidedave

Great acting,sympathetic and believable characters added to the first-rate effects, made for a thoroughly enjoyable show.More please,Mr Maker.Thank you.

Post #: 6
RE: The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 1/6/2011 9:36:03 PM   
Filmdvdreviewer

Really looking forward to the next part of Walking Dead this show is so ground breaking, I hope it doesn't get cut!

Drop me a line and let me know what your watching
http://filmdvdreviewer.blogspot.com/
http://about.me/filmdvdreviewer

Post #: 7
RE: The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 8/6/2011 1:07:21 PM   
Filmdvdreviewer

I know its so refreshing to see a zombie series that show you how people try to survive after the end-of the world not just how fast society fall apart and law and order breaking down, truly a ground breaking series.

Drop me a line and let me know what your watching
http://filmdvdreviewer.blogspot.com/
http://about.me/filmdvdreviewer
Post #: 8
- 16/6/2011 9:26:47 AM   
ARmy2510

First episode was great. Second was good. The next one was not so good.

Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 29/9/2011 4:02:25 PM   
Sledge Hammer

21st October was a date broadcast on FX recently

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 9/2/2012 11:32:40 AM   
itsmandylee101

I am a zombie fan, and I think The Walking Dead is great. But sometimes, it gets a bit unrealistic. Just some little things like the lawn was mowed even though they haven't been out for a month, etc. But it's still entertaining to watch.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 11
RE: RE: - 24/2/2012 3:15:38 PM   
pixelcat

quote:

ORIGINAL: itsmandylee101

I am a zombie fan, and I think The Walking Dead is great. But sometimes, it gets a bit unrealistic. Just some little things like the lawn was mowed even though they haven't been out for a month, etc. But it's still entertaining to watch.

And it's for that exact reason that it reminds me of Lost. Well no, not really. I didn't know this but the show is based on a comic which is still going (it's up to the 90th edition or something whack), which made me stop watching the series to be honest. If I know there's no solution in sight, I have the feeling that it'll get horribly dragged out. There's so much tension and drama which is fantastic, but when I know the overall mood of the show is pretty grim, then it'll put me off.

I really enjoyed what I saw though. Didn't realise that the SFX and zombies would look so damn realistic. Whoever did the make-up deserves a fricken crate of beer!

(in reply to itsmandylee101)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> TV Reviews >> The Walking Dead: Season 1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI