Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Rage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Rage Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rage - 17/11/2011 3:38:16 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Why do you emphasise Skyrim with apostrophes but not Fallout?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 31
RE: Rage - 17/11/2011 4:15:52 PM   
talpacino

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 32
RE: Rage - 17/11/2011 4:43:22 PM   
Pratt82

PLease don't use peoples real names on the forum

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 29/11/2011 9:37:21 AM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 33
RE: Rage - 29/11/2011 9:36:34 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

13.21 at Tesco. Pretty tempting at that price....

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/games/-rage/8:733221/

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 34
RE: Rage - 30/11/2011 9:34:36 PM   
Bumfluff

Picked this up for 20 from Gamestation & have to say I don't understand the criticism of this game. Have really enjoyed it so far.

Haven't played Borderlands so couldn't compare the two but I would call it a cross between Beyond Good & Evil & Fallout 3.

The graphics are superb & once you get the hang of the quick buttons the fighting is fluid & great fun. Plenty of side games to distract yourself with too.

13 odd from Tescos is an absolute steal.

My Cinema Diaries

Post #: 35
RE: Rage - 1/12/2011 8:42:38 AM   
sroey

Played the demo and wasnt sold on it to be honest...

Tesco is showing it at -6.55 at the moment?!

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 36
RE: Rage - 2/12/2011 2:03:48 AM   
Spektre

Got this today in the post and managed to play it a bit. I really think it's excellent. Graphically it is breathtaking and I often found myself stopping to enjoy the scenery. It feels a lot like an upgraded borderlands actually.

My only gripe is the fact it seems to take 5 or 6 bullets to kill a baddie but I'm sure better ammo will eventually fix that.

I went online to see if I could get the two achievements. Did it in my first Match!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 37
RE: Rage - 6/12/2011 1:35:59 PM   
Bumfluff

Finished this last night & after a brilliantly enjoyable game the last level was a big damp squid & the end game sequence was a big steaming pile of wank. What a way to leave a sour taste after so much fun (I'm talking about the ending not the wank)

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 38
RE: Rage - 21/4/2012 6:03:47 PM   
big dawg

I'd put it in a drawer when I got Skyrim and hadnt looked at it for aaaages...Got a bit fed up 'rimming' so stuck this back on and I must say, once I got back into the swing of it, its bloody tremendous. On disc 2 and the past few hours have flew by. If you can get this for a bargain I'd urge you to do so

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 39
RE: Rage - 22/4/2012 12:12:46 PM   
Proudfoot

Finished the game, spent at least 20 hours on it...

And I'm not sure why. The shooting is pretty damn fun, but everything else is halfbaked. That pretty much means you spend a vast amount of time slogging through boring stuff so you can get to the good stuff. That's a weird approach to game design I think.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 40
RE: Rage - 23/4/2012 6:34:24 AM   
Yeti

Mentioned this on Cheap games thready thing, but 7 quid from Morrisons. Absolute steal.

Do not steal.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 41
RE: Rage - 23/4/2012 9:20:51 AM   
blackduck

Struggled to get into Rage. It looks amazing and there are so many little details that really make the game but there is too much stopping and startingto really get immersed in it.

There is too much of "go do the thing and then come back" somehow it felt like the amount of load screens were more intrusive than other games.

Think I might have enjoyed it more if I hadn't played Skyrim first.

The combat took a little gettting used to but all the weapons and the vehicles all have a nice feel to them, and the guy tyelling fuck a duck when I shot him made me laugh (as did the little robot thingy in the doctors shoulder) but despite the game having so many good things going for it I didn't really enjoy it.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 42
RE: Rage - 28/8/2012 1:03:50 PM   
From_Hell

I started playing this yesterday;oOnly put an hour into it, but so far I'm really enjoying it. It looks absolutely stunning and the gun play is solid so I'm looking forward to another session this evening. Hopefully it'll make a nice lead-in to Borderlands 2...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 43
RE: Rage - 31/8/2012 11:00:52 AM   
Pratt82

If your on Xbox and you need anybody to run through the online 'Wasteland Missions' at any time pal, drop me a PM.

Currently running through this on Nightmare Difficulty, there can be some ball-aching parts, especially when a dozen mutants jump from nowhere and surround you. Headshots with a Shotgun are a must!

The mini-games are so frustrating! Especially the 5 Finger Fillet! I managed to complete the 4th level, but the 5th is just so random and mental I can't keep up. And only getting 3 chances on each level is shit. I need an unlimited number of chances, even then I probably won't complete the bloody thing!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 44
RE: Rage - 2/9/2012 8:32:06 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

If your on Xbox and you need anybody to run through the online 'Wasteland Missions' at any time pal, drop me a PM.

Currently running through this on Nightmare Difficulty, there can be some ball-aching parts, especially when a dozen mutants jump from nowhere and surround you. Headshots with a Shotgun are a must!

The mini-games are so frustrating! Especially the 5 Finger Fillet! I managed to complete the 4th level, but the 5th is just so random and mental I can't keep up. And only getting 3 chances on each level is shit. I need an unlimited number of chances, even then I probably won't complete the bloody thing!

Thanks mate. I'm on xbox, so I'll drop you a pm when I'm done with the single player

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 45
RE: Rage - 3/9/2012 11:08:36 AM   
Pratt82

I'll PM you my Gamertag.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 46
RE: Rage - 3/9/2012 11:18:37 AM   
Chief

Or you could, y'know, look at the bottom of his post.

Post #: 47
RE: Rage - 3/9/2012 5:15:49 PM   
Pratt82

FAIL

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 48
RE: Rage - 18/12/2012 4:43:16 AM   
Ti

Rage fans, id Software and Bethesda have confirmed that new DLC - The Scorchers will be released on December 18th in NA and the 19th in Europe. The Scorchers adds 6 new areas to explore, new missions, minigames, trophies, an ultra-hard mode and the option to continue playing after completing the game. Only $4.99 for PS3, 400 points for XBox.

It's true, I'm a rageoholic! I just can't get enough RAGEOHOL!

My books

My Blu-ray collection

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Rage Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI