Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: To cancel or renew - that is the question

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: To cancel or renew - that is the question Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: To cancel or renew - that is the question - 13/5/2011 10:49:41 PM   
Ethanial

Devastated for The Chicago Code's cancellation, and I feel bad but I hate Chuck getting a 5th season, it's done nothing to deserve that this year. Needed to be put down.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 211
RE: To cancel or renew - that is the question - 13/5/2011 10:50:49 PM   
Shifty Bench

ABC have announced the following-

quote:

ABC has picked up three sitcoms Apt. 23, Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, and Man Up. ABC also picked up seven dramas including Good Christian Belles (formerly Bitches), Charlie’s Angels, Once Upon A Time, Pan Am, Revenge, Scandal and The River.

We all knew Good Christian Bitches wouldn't stick as a title.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 13/5/2011 11:02:09 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 212
RE: To cancel or renew - that is the question - 13/5/2011 11:00:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

The show that just won't die!

(not that I want it to)

Actually yes it will, season 5 is confirmed to also be the final season as stated in the above link.

I was being facetious......

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 213
RE: Fall Schedules - 14/5/2011 12:40:36 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

The CBS pilot Ringer staring Sarah Michelle Gellar has been picked up by ..... The CW?
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/surprise-sarah-michelle-gellars-the-ringer-to-get-picked-up-by-cw/

thats probably good news seeing as The CW may be able to allow for a more storytelling approach for the show compared to the strict procedural guidelines it would have had to follow at CBS.

quote:

ABC has picked up three sitcoms Apt. 23, Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, and Man Up. ABC also picked up seven dramas including Good Christian Belles (formerly Bitches), Charlie’s Angels, Once Upon A Time, Pan Am, Revenge, Scandal and The River.
We all knew Good Christian Bitches wouldn't stick as a title.

well Good Christian Belles aint too bad of a name, really looking forward to Charlie's Angels as well.

< Message edited by MI Cruise -- 14/5/2011 1:00:09 AM >

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 214
RE: Fall Schedules - 14/5/2011 1:01:22 AM   
MI Cruise

CBS has picked up J.J. Abram's Persons of Interest and new sitcom Two Broke Girls.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 215
RE: Fall Schedules - 14/5/2011 4:57:08 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

So gutted to see No Ordinary Family going... really enjoyed it, one of the shows I most looked forward to watching every week 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 216
RE: Fall Schedules - 14/5/2011 5:15:34 PM   
MI Cruise

I watched No Ordinary Family for 4 episodes but dropped it because it didn't seem that interesting plus the two children were annoying.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 217
RE: Fall Schedules - 15/5/2011 9:57:32 PM   
Shifty Bench

CBS has axed The Defenders, Shit My Dad Says and Mad Love. No shocks there. Shit My Dad Says started strong but fell hard.

In other news, Chuck will be moved to Fridays (boo) and new show Grimm will follow at 9pm. If Fox keep their fridays the same, Grimm will be up against Fringe....

You can see a clip of Grimm and other new NBC shows here- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/15/preview-videos-from-nbcs-new-2011-12-primetime-shows/92607/

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 218
RE: Fall Schedules - 15/5/2011 10:38:29 PM   
Captain Black

I only watched the Prime Suspect, Awake and Grimm clips and, well, things aren't looking too enticing right now. Awake does look pretty solid, so pretty optimistic that it'll be decent even if I've got a few fears about how they can stretch the premise without it being frustrating. I didn't recognise the actor in the Grimm clip but he was - ooh, let's be generous - a bit weak. Prime Suspect looked a bit awful.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 219
RE: Fall Schedules - 15/5/2011 10:55:27 PM   
Shifty Bench

I watched them all (The Firm was just an interview with John Grisham) and apart from Awake and possibly Free Agents (Tony Head reprises his role from the UK version and I love Hank Azaria) they don't look too great.

Whitney looks awful, I don't condone violence and especially not towards women but I think its ok to say that 30 seconds into that clip I wanted to slap a fictional sit-com character. In the face. With my shoe.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 220
RE: Fall Schedules - 15/5/2011 11:21:11 PM   
CORLEONE

Been recording V and The Event, got about 4 episodes of each to watch. Got one episode of Chicago Code to watch but now it's been cancelled not sure if I should bother. It's a pain in the ass being so far behind the Yanks with most of our TV shows.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 221
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 12:08:23 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

CBS has axed The Defenders, Shit My Dad Says and Mad Love. No shocks there. Shit My Dad Says started strong but fell hard.

In other news, Chuck will be moved to Fridays (boo) and new show Grimm will follow at 9pm. If Fox keep their fridays the same, Grimm will be up against Fringe....

You can see a clip of Grimm and other new NBC shows here- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/15/preview-videos-from-nbcs-new-2011-12-primetime-shows/92607/

I was quite enjoying $#*! MY Dad Says for a half hour show it was decent. The ratings should have been enough to get it a second season but guess it doesnt matter, The Defenders is another show I dont care about, recently started in the UK on FX.
Just have to wait and see which shows CBS are gonna renew and which remaining few might still be cancelled.

Also watched all the NBC promos as well and this is what I think...

Looks Good
The Playboy Club - very short clip but lets hope it doesnt end up being too PG.
Free Agents - Hank looks great in this
Awake - seems interesting lets hope they dont mess it up

Not sure
The Firm - only an interview but I liked the Cruise movie
Prime Suspect - havent seen the original British one but this didnt look too bad
Grimm - could be good

Meh
BFF - clip was too short but wasnt too bad
Smash - might be good but it looks like another rip-off trying to cash in tbh
Bent - again the clip didnt show much so we'll have to wait and see.
Are you there vodka? Its me Chelsea - might be rubbish, but looks alright

Looks Bad
Up all Night - going by the clip it didnt look appealing
Whitney - no, no, no, no, no, NO!

Also the much delayed NBC show Love Bites will be starting on June 2nd starring Greg Grunberg and Becki Newton (secretary off Ugly Betty) I remember watching a promo for it last summer and apparently they've decided to release the 9 episodes they've filmed as a summer replacement. Also another delayed show Friends with Benefits hasnt aired yet either.

NBC's line-up looks pretty weak overall, this year was rubbish for new shows with a few exceptions such as Hawaii Five-O, Nikita and a few others. Looking forward to seeing what the other channels have to offer.

Post #: 222
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 2:29:41 PM   
Zaphod121

I think the only new show I'm excited about is Awake, not sure what they can do with the premise but it sounds interesting enough to get my attention, plus the clip looked really good.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 223
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 3:25:04 PM   
MI Cruise

Blue bloods, Hawaii Five-o and mike and Molly have been renewed

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 224
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 3:36:41 PM   
vad3r

Only shows I'm bothered whether they get renewed:

Archer
Big Bang Theory
Bored to Death
Breaking Bad
Broadwalk Empire
Chuck
Community
Dexter
Fringe
Game of Thrones
South Park
Spartacus
Supernatural
The Office
The Walking Dead
True Blood

(I realise most of them have been renewed)

I need more sci fi shows in my life. I only have Fringe currently

< Message edited by vad3r -- 16/5/2011 4:50:00 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 225
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 4:09:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Blue bloods, Hawaii Five-o and mike and Molly have been renewed

Woohoo to the ones in bold!

Although, Blue Bloods doesn't really need to be renewed, going by events in the finale. I love Hawaii Five-0 though. Glad there's more of that coming.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 226
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 4:14:27 PM   
MI Cruise

Fox have announced their fall schedule - http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/fox-2011-12-fall-schedule/

Post #: 227
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 4:43:29 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Been recording V and The Event, got about 4 episodes of each to watch. Got one episode of Chicago Code to watch but now it's been cancelled not sure if I should bother. It's a pain in the ass being so far behind the Yanks with most of our TV shows.

I had about seven episodes of 'The Event' in my planner but after finding out it's been cancelled I've deleted them, I was debating doing it anyway but the cancellation certainly sealed the deal. I was going to watch the Chicago Code but haven't bothered, don't want to waste my time....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 228
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 5:10:03 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

quote:

The CBS pilot Ringer staring Sarah Michelle Gellar has been picked up by ..... The CW?
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/surprise-sarah-michelle-gellars-the-ringer-to-get-picked-up-by-cw/

thats probably good news seeing as The CW may be able to allow for a more storytelling approach for the show compared to the strict procedural guidelines it would have had to follow at CBS.

That's good news. Be nice to see Gellar back on TV (if it don't cancelled after 6 episodes of course )

Glad I drop The Event at the xmas break and never bothered with V series 2. Thought these would get the chop so at least saved my time watching these.

Don't know if I'll watch Chicago Code now that it's been chopped. Did tape the first episode but might just delete it now.

Hopefully Chuck series 5 will get back to being it's old self as I've been a bit bored with series 4 so far. Is the show running out of steam?

< Message edited by jediwarrior -- 16/5/2011 5:15:22 PM >

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 229
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 7:38:14 PM   
Zaphod121

God damn the trailer for Awake looks amazing, REALLY looking forward to this: http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/nbc/awake/awake-pilot-sneak-peeks-trailer/58729

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 230
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 7:56:11 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

quote:

That's good news. Be nice to see Gellar back on TV (if it don't cancelled after 6 episodes of course )

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 231
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 8:36:01 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

I had about seven episodes of 'The Event' in my planner but after finding out it's been cancelled I've deleted them, I was debating doing it anyway but the cancellation certainly sealed the deal. I was going to watch the Chicago Code but haven't bothered, don't want to waste my time....

Yeah I did the same with Better with You, was wasting my time on that show hoping that it would get better, the cancellation sealed the deal for me on that one. Although I've seen 3 episodes of V season 2 so far so wouldnt mind watching the final 7 just to see what happens at the end. I'll be watching $#*! My Dad Says till the end though because I like Shatner in the show. I'll also be giving The Chicago Code a chance as well.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 232
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 8:43:50 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

God damn the trailer for Awake looks amazing, REALLY looking forward to this: http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/nbc/awake/awake-pilot-sneak-peeks-trailer/58729

that is really good, first full trailer of a new show that I've seen as well. However these type of shows, dont fare well with audiences which lead to their unfortunate cancellation like FlashForward and recently The Event.

< Message edited by MI Cruise -- 16/5/2011 8:44:06 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 233
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 8:52:08 PM   
The Mighty

All the trailers for NBC's new shows can be seen here. The networks have been especially brutal with the cancellation of bubble shows this year. I'm happy Fringe and Community got early pick up, who knows what the outcome would have been if they made a decision this week. The only bubble show I'm slightly sad to see go is Better With You, which actually got pretty fun, but I probably won't even remember it in a week or two.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 234
RE: Fall Schedules - 16/5/2011 9:05:40 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

All the trailers for NBC's new shows can be seen here. The networks have been especially brutal with the cancellation of bubble shows this year. I'm happy Fringe and Community got early pick up, who knows what the outcome would have been if they made a decision this week. The only bubble show I'm slightly sad to see go is Better With You, which actually got pretty fun, but I probably won't even remember it in a week or two.

Better with You is the show Im glad to see the back off, had it been renewed for a second season I would have been watching it all the way through, although I do agree it was fun at times, but essentially a waste of time.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 235
RE: Fall Schedules - 17/5/2011 1:32:27 PM   
Wild about Wilder

See they've commishoned The Finder god help us with Burrows's awfull COCKNEY accent from the Dick Van Dyke finishing school I beleave, GAWD LUV YUH MAWY POPPINS !

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 236
RE: Fall Schedules - 17/5/2011 3:56:40 PM   
MI Cruise

Fox new show trailers - http://www.thetvaddict.com/2011/05/16/trailer-park-your-first-look-at-foxs-2011-12-tv-season/

also ABC has announced their fall schedule

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/17/abc-2011-12-primetime-schedule-announced/92903/

< Message edited by MI Cruise -- 17/5/2011 3:58:43 PM >

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 237
RE: Fall Schedules - 17/5/2011 4:51:12 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

the full trailer for The Playboy Club looks awesome, it may get slated as a copy of Mad Men but so far it looks promising and that's before you mention that Amber Heard is in it.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 238
RE: Fall Schedules - 17/5/2011 4:57:44 PM   
Zaphod121

Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior canceled and CSI NY renewed.
http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/cbs-cancels-criminal-minds-spinoff-renews-csi-ny/

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 239
RE: Fall Schedules - 17/5/2011 5:01:15 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior canceled and CSI NY renewed.
http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/cbs-cancels-criminal-minds-spinoff-renews-csi-ny/

well some people will be glad that CSI: NY is safe, not sure why they havent annouced the renewal of CSI and CSI: Miami, they obviously are going to be renewed.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: To cancel or renew - that is the question Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI