Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 21/12/2011 7:55:06 AM   
messiahtime

What an awful awful awful movie!! :D

Zurple is the new black and has always been!!!

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 31
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 21/12/2011 11:35:55 AM   
The Hooded Man

When's the sequel coming out? Or as I suspect it'll never see the light of day which makes the whole exercise of making Robin Hood Begins a bit redundant.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to messiahtime)
Post #: 32
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 21/12/2011 11:39:11 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

When's the sequel coming out? Or as I suspect it'll never see the light of day which makes the whole exercise of making Robin Hood Begins a bit redundant.

That's exactly my problem with it, especially when you take into account the ages of those involved.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 33
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 21/12/2011 11:46:02 AM   
Cool Breeze

This film was all set up and no pay off.A complete waste of time.And sorry Crowe,but your accent was ridiculous!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 34
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 16/1/2012 11:36:12 PM   
dannyfletch

I love this Robin Hood version, much better than the cringe worthy Kevin Costner effort, and thought that Sir Ridley done an excellent job! Crowe was great in the lead, okay his accent did waver but he was a travelling knight in the crusades so who's to say that his accent wouldn't be like that? The merry men were great too and I thought Cate Blanchett was an excellent and fiesty Marion.
Mark Strong was suitably unlikeable and as excellent as ever as the two faced Godfrey and the action scenes were very well made. Some people, probably one's without much imagination and patience who's idea of an excellent film is something like the brainless 300, hated this and thought it was boring. Maybe they were expecting Gladiator of the Hood?
I was hooked from start to finish and am proud to say I own the excellent directors cut on Blu-ray. 9/10

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 35
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 16/1/2012 11:39:47 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

I love this Robin Hood version, much better than the cringe worthy Kevin Costner effort, and thought that Sir Ridley done an excellent job! Crowe was great in the lead, okay his accent did waver but he was a travelling knight in the crusades so who's to say that his accent wouldn't be like that? The merry men were great too and I thought Cate Blanchett was an excellent and fiesty Marion.
Mark Strong was suitably unlikeable and as excellent as ever as the two faced Godfrey and the action scenes were very well made. Some people, probably one's without much imagination and patience who's idea of an excellent film is something like the brainless 300, hated this and thought it was boring. Maybe they were expecting Gladiator of the Hood?
I was hooked from start to finish and am proud to say I own the excellent directors cut on Blu-ray. 9/10

Been meaning to see this.
And I agree,I never really got into 300 (people really wouldnt be surprised by that I guess).Though I am a big Frank Miller fan.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 36
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 17/1/2012 8:15:00 AM   
dannyfletch

Yeah Frank Miller, as a graphic novel writer, is one of the best and I love Sin City, can't wait for the sequel! I just thought 300 was a no brainer and far too comical for a film that is supposed to be about one of the biggest battles in history, I much prefer my historical battle films to have a more historical and authentic feel to them with characters that you can warm to. Films like Gladiator, Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, Robin Hood, Ben Hur and even Ironclad ( which was slated by some critics).

(in reply to DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT)
Post #: 37
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 6/6/2012 9:55:18 PM   
Cool Breeze

Given that Ridley Scott is being discussed a lot lately due to Prometheus being out i thought is bump this thread.Iv only seen this film once and didnt like it all that much.However, Ridleys directors cuts tend to be an improvement and can anyone out there in the know tell me if the DC of this is an improvement in any way? Im willing to give this movie another look on blu ray.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 38
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 6/6/2012 10:00:36 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Well ill be watching the directors cut again with the commentary tomorrow, so will post my thoughts on that. Just done Gladiator extended cut with commentary tonight. Going on a bit of a Ridley Scott bender (oo-er) since prometheus, just interesting to see how good some of his movies actually are (again).

For the record i think the directors cut of RH is indeed better. Not nearly as good as KOH DC which is just immense.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 39
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 7/6/2012 2:46:03 AM   
Mr. White

As an origin story it was alright. I love Russell Crowe but I felt like I didn't get enough of him in this movie.

Post #: 40
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 7/6/2012 12:04:01 PM   
The Hooded Man

I take it that a sequel isn't even on the cards now, despite talk of it at the time, I wonder will Prometheus go the same way?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Mr. White)
Post #: 41
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 11/6/2012 1:02:18 PM   
homersimpson_esq

The DC introduces the kids in the Forest a bit more. It's only 15 mins or so, but I enjoyed it a lot more than at the cinema. (See the Complete Ridley Scott thread over in Lists.)

Certainly more than Body of Lies, which I place just above 1492 in the Scott rankings.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 42
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 11/6/2012 1:34:32 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
The DC introduces the kids in the Forest a bit more. It's only 15 mins or so, but I enjoyed it a lot more than at the cinema. (See the Complete Ridley Scott thread over in Lists.)

Certainly more than Body of Lies, which I place just above 1492 in the Scott rankings.

Body of Lies ABOVE 1492?!?!?!

Am I the only person that thinks 1492 is an excellent film?

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 43
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 12/6/2012 12:54:47 PM   
homersimpson_esq

1492 is bottom of the pile...

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 44
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 12/6/2012 1:03:02 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

1492 is ace.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 45
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 12/6/2012 1:17:53 PM   
homersimpson_esq

You're weird.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 46
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 12/6/2012 1:38:07 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
You're weird.

Says the man who placed it below G.I. Jane...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 47
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 12/6/2012 2:34:51 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I think "You're weird" wasn't based on just this one opinion regarding 1492

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 48
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 18/6/2012 11:21:50 PM   
moviebuff73

has there ever been a really good robin hood movie?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 49
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 20/6/2012 3:23:36 PM   
st3veebee

From what I remember, I really liked this film. Very solid action set pieces and Crowe looked (though perhaps didn't sound) the part.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to moviebuff73)
Post #: 50
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 20/5/2014 8:56:34 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I rewatched this on Sunday morning and really enjoyed it. This is the first time i really enjoyed it. I'm talking about the two and a half hour Director's Cut. I mean it's no Gladiator of course but it is a well made, well acted movie with gorgeous visuals and great production design. I think Oscar Isaac is really good as the King too.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 51
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 3/6/2014 1:23:50 AM   
Peregrine Took

Started to watch it for the first time when it showed up recently on one of the Sky movie channels. After about 40 minutes I gave up and put on the 1938 Adventures Of Robin Hood.

There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is there it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 52
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 3/6/2014 1:33:46 AM   
Hood_Man

Did I really have the Robin Hood "Riding through the glen" music whistled at me in school corridors, for this shit?

And this is coming from someone who's now seen about 6 versions of this cinematic tale, and liked the Costner version too.

(in reply to Peregrine Took)
Post #: 53
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 3/6/2014 1:52:42 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Did I really have the Robin Hood "Riding through the glen" music whistled at me in school corridors, for this shit?

And this is coming from someone who's now seen about 6 versions of this cinematic tale, and liked the Costner version too.

Have you seen The Muppet episode in which they stage Robin Hood? If they turned that into a film it'd easily be the best version

Much more better!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 54
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 13/6/2014 2:02:09 AM   
Peregrine Took

It would certainly be preferable to Scott's piece of junk. As of now, however, I still rate the 1938 version as far and away the best, with the Douglas Fairbanks one running it a (fairly) close second.

There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is there it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened

Post #: 55
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 18/6/2014 11:03:44 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

Have you seen The Muppet episode in which they stage Robin Hood? If they turned that into a film it'd easily be the best version

WHAAAAAAAAT??? No I haven't, I'll be Youtubing that at some point!

(in reply to Peregrine Took)
Post #: 56
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 19/6/2014 10:32:38 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

It's the 23rd ep of Season 3, hope you enjoy it

Much more better!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 57
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 21/6/2014 4:11:42 AM   
Peregrine Took

As I recall, Lynne Redgrave is hilarious in it.

Post #: 58
RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood - 17/8/2014 11:52:29 AM   
romet6

It's not a very memorable movie at all - I actually had to check IMDb to remind me the plot.

It's watchable, but not very good.

Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI