Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: That's it!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: That's it!! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 3:32:36 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man
As DC pointed out, there's a 12 month gap between posts... either you've subscribed to the thread AND are in possession of the quietest email address since Alexander_G_Bell_1847@aol.com, or you're telling porkies.

The thread was brought up in various other threads. Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself more, ok? Remember, just because you're on a message board doesn't mean you have to be a complete dick.

...And???

quote:

quote:

Nothing makes my skin crawl on the internet more than watching someone argue themselves in a corner, and then attempt to dig their way out of it. You probably think you're the James Moriarty of the Empire Forums, when in reality you're just a Google Image search of Trypophobia.

No, I'm here to debate whatever the topic is at hand. Your need to invent drama is your problem here. Just discuss the topic and leave it at that, it's quite simple.

I doubt I'd need to invent anything

Nope, I can see where this is going, so I'm going to bow out before I get told off by a mod for encouraging this

[EDIT]

Aaaaaaand just seen the post by the Supreme Mod about not encouraging this, just as I push us all over into a new thread

Sorry!

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 24/10/2013 3:34:54 PM >

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 391
[Awaiting Approval]
Drooch

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 392
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 4:01:05 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

No, I'm here to debate whatever the topic is at hand. Your need to invent drama is your problem here. Just discuss the topic and leave it at that, it's quite simple.

Thing is, this whole debacle started when you presented this fatuous and utterly bizarre argument that Kim Newman is "punishing" good film-making by giving a frankly average film a 2/5 rating. You also posited the argument that this sends the wrong message to studios and they'll stop making films you deem to be as clever as Scream 4. Which is a load of baloney anyway because Dimension are tentatively considering a Scream 5. If critics hold any sway over what a studio releases, then by that rationale studios won't invest any time or money into films like, say, Transformers, because those films are usually greeted by an overwhelming critical consensus of those films being about as much fun as AIDS. Studios, by and large, aren't interested in what critics have to say; they're more interested in what sells to the cinema going public.

While I agree with you on some level that Newman spends more time talking about the previous films instead of tackling the film he's supposed to be reviewing, this argument that he should recognise that Scream 4 is objectively great and anyone who doesn't see this isn't fit to review films? I call bullshit on this.

Let's take for example Die Hard 4.0. Easily one of the weakest films in that franchise, a film that you've stated to be to be utter shit on numerous occasions. Me? I actually dug it. Now, who's in the wrong here? Answer - neither of us. Wanna know why? Because film is subjective. Possibly a cruel and unusual concept for you to wrap your brain around, but it happens to be true. It would be nice if everyone liked everything equally, but that's just not the reality of the situation.

Now, on to my final point. I think the reason why people on here don't take you seriously is because of these utterly bonkers theories, the way with which you choose to articulate them, and how you engage with others who have the temerity to disagree with you. You basically invent these "facts", you get to the point where you convince yourself that they're true, and when people disagree, you get into a flap about it and act in a generally unpleasant way. I think if you were generally more accommodating and more pleasant, people on here would be more open to hearing you out, no matter how nuts these theories are. When you start throwing the toys out of the pram, there's only two ways with which people will treat you: by ignoring you or repaying your scorn with more scorn.

So there it is, my argument against your argument. I've tried to steer away from making jibes against you, but as your past conduct has proven that's really no barrier between you and acting up whenever someone disagrees with you.

This is Lieutenant MC, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 25/10/2013 12:23:20 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 393
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 5:03:41 PM   
elab49

There's a post further up from the Moderation Team regarding this discussion - it'd be nice if y'all read it.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 394
"One generation's tragedy is the next one's joke.&... - 30/10/2013 1:24:41 AM   
movienut707

Yet another disappointing sequel to the outstanding original, Scream 4 seems to have finally done the franchise in for. It appears Ghostface has committed suicide with his own knife and taken his supporting cast with him... metaphorically speaking, of course.

< Message edited by movienut707 -- 30/10/2013 1:34:07 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 395
RE: "One generation's tragedy is the next one's jo... - 9/11/2013 1:30:13 PM   
bozo

Not as good as the first two, way better than the third.

Ong Bak 8/10
The Hobbit 7/10
American Hustle 7.5/10
Silver Lining's Playbook 8/10
The Hangover 9/10
Bloodstained Shadow 7/10
Don't Torture A Duckling 9/10
Lemora 8.5/10
Night Train Murders 7.5/10
Jeepers Creepers 2 8.5/10
Black Christmas 9/10

(in reply to movienut707)
Post #: 396
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: That's it!! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI