Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: That's it!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: That's it!! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 7:52:57 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drooch

I occasionally get reminded on these boards about this 'Scream 4 discussion' so I returned to find Pigeon Army still in need of setting straight. I'm sure that in the last couple of years he/she has outgrown his/her ignorance, but just in case...

TWO YEARS

TWO RICH, INCREDIBLE YEARS AND YOU ARE STILL ANGRY ABOUT THIS

AMAZING

I guess I have to respond, huh?

quote:

1. Yes, no one is disputing this optional definition, what's your point?

Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun

quote:

2. It's not 'selective quoting'. I've quoted the whole definition, only highlighting the portions you deliberately ignored earlier, to highlight YOUR genuine selective quoting. Nice try.

Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun

quote:

Whether one loves or hates Wong Kar-Wai's slow motion comes under their subjective opinion. Separate to this, one can detect whether it serves the piece, given its intentions. Art has purpose and function. What is the purpose and function of the piece and how has the artist gone about fulfilling those?

She's just a small town girl

quote:

Have a look at various Top 10 lists, you'll find certain films recurring. Use this to form an idea of the consensus as to what constitutes good filmmaking, if you find such a consensus helpful in determining quality from junk.

Living in a lonely world

quote:

3. You've chosen to ignore irrational emotions and prejudices. Nice try, again.

She took a midnight train going an-y-where

quote:

The 'reason' a film is made is incorporated into the analysis of it.

Just a city boy

quote:

No you're not, which is why you only acknowledged the definitions of 'objective' which served your position and deliberately ignored those that didn't. Trying to defend your deception just ruins your credibility further.

Born and raised in South Detroit

quote:

Its observable merits - the film is a work of integrity by the auteur, his childhood memories are filtered through the carnivalesque. Fellini is a master of the form. The period is painstakingly recreated. If I was his teacher I would give Fellini full marks for skilfully using the medium to communicate his truth, even though the result irritated and bored me (my subjective experience not preventing me from being able to be objective).

He took the midnight train going an-y-where

quote:

I can detect the film's merits, based on an understanding of the craft and what constitutes good and bad filmmaking regardless of what my subjective response is.

A singer in a smokey room

quote:

I never said it was a fact, this a cheap black-and-white fallacy. Not being a fact does not necessitate that it must be an opinion. It is a deduction based on an awareness of what constitutes good and bad filmmaking. Try not to force these nuances into highly reductive black and white boxes.

A smell of wine and cheap perfuuuuume

quote:

Yet Hitchcock is rightly called The Master of Suspense because he knows how to play the human brain and cue the required responses. While different brains may have subtly different responses, and some unusual cases may have no response, his breadth of reach over cultures and over time are clear signals of his mastery.

For a smile they can share the night

quote:

Just because penicillin doesn't have the same effect on every human being, doesn't invalidate it as a highly effective drug. You're drowning in your academic nonsense again and it's holding you back from practical, effective critical analysis. The fact that you can't see how atrocious this Scream 4 review is, is testament to how much you need to stop sucking your own dick (assuming you have one) and look around.

It goes on and on and on and on

quote:

Utter sophomoric swill. Authorial intent is a part of good critical analysis, not at odds with it. As for your fake quote, don't use the straw man tactic of skewing my argument into something it isn't, but that can be easily argued against. Writing a rebuttal to an imaginary premise does not make you the winner. It just means you wasted your time. How about providing some proper counterpoint instead of pulling your next cheap trick out of your bag of tediously obvious fallacies?

STRANGERS

quote:

How about you read the thread and find out? I'm not going to regurgitate what I've already written. If your intellect was as vast and bloated as your ego I might do out of respect, but that's not the case.

WAITING

quote:

Good to see you making a judgement of the quality of his review, based on an awareness of what constitutes good and poor reviewing. Similarly, determining the quality of a film does not take place in a vacuum.

UP AND DOWN THE BOULEVARD

quote:

Unfortunately, your 'warning' is not only completely impotent, it's also a sign of your sad, desperate brown-nosing of Empire. It's quite icky watching you suck up to them like this.

THEIR SHADOWS SEARCHING IN THE NIGHT

quote:

Perhaps you hope that by defending this shitty review to the point of complete irrationality you'll win favour with the Empire staff and they'll let you write a review for them. Whatever your motivations, your relentless brown-nosing of Empire makes it difficult to take you seriously.

STREETLIGHTS

quote:

Which is exactly what I said - 'Michael Bay loses points for cranking out soulless and meaningless Transformer films'. The films are soulless, not Bay himself. Your egoic need to argue is blocking your understanding.

PEOPLE

quote:

By understanding the function of the work, paying attention to the work, paying attention to your response, then gauging the effectiveness of the work, given that function.

LIVING JUST TO FIND EMOTION

quote:

Othello is about jealousy, it therefore requires a jealous character.

HIDING SOMEWHERE IN THE NIIIIIIIIGHT

quote:

Is the colour of grass subjectively detected? Yes. Does this invalidate the statement 'grass is green' as an answer to someone wanting to know the colour of grass? No. Your examples are reactions between a subject and an object, what's your point? The presence of a subject makes absolutely no difference to the fact that proper film criticism requires the critic to be objective (use the applicable definition from above this time) in their determination of quality. Just because one is a subject, doesn't mean that one cannot be objective.

DON'T STOP

quote:

Yes, characterisation needs to be understood within the function of the piece.

BELIEVIN'

quote:

The same way. What is the function of the piece? Does Brando's characterisation serve that function?

HOLD ON TO THE FEELIN'

quote:

Too reductive. Othello is a far superior example of literature than The Da Vinci Code.

STREETLIGHTS PEOPLE

[image]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Vi8knRFpsng/Uj1G6sKJgoI/AAAAAAADbZk/PwI_rJZWKFE/US%252520rock%252520band%252520Alice%252520in%252520Chains%252520perform%252520on%252520stage%252520during%252520the%252520Rock%252520in%252520Rio%252520music%252520festival%252520fourth%252520journey%252520i2013_2.jpg[/image]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 361
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 8:03:07 PM   
Scruffybobby

I only wish I could be so eloquent.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 362
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 8:12:36 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

I occasionally get reminded on these boards about this 'Scream 4 discussion' so I returned to find Pigeon Army still in need of setting straight. I'm sure that in the last couple of years he/she has outgrown his/her ignorance, but just in case...

TWO YEARS

AMAZING

quote:

Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun

quote:

2. It's not 'selective quoting'. I've quoted the whole definition, only highlighting the portions you deliberately ignored earlier, to highlight YOUR genuine selective quoting. Nice try.

Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun

quote:

Whether one loves or hates Wong Kar-Wai's slow motion comes under their subjective opinion. Separate to this, one can detect whether it serves the piece, given its intentions. Art has purpose and function. What is the purpose and function of the piece and how has the artist gone about fulfilling those?

quote:

Have a look at various Top 10 lists, you'll find certain films recurring. Use this to form an idea of the consensus as to what constitutes good filmmaking, if you find such a consensus helpful in determining quality from junk.

Living in a lonely world

quote:

quote:

Just a city boy

quote:

No you're not, which is why you only acknowledged the definitions of 'objective' which served your position and deliberately ignored those that didn't. Trying to defend your deception just ruins your credibility further.

quote:

Its observable merits - the film is a work of integrity by the auteur, his childhood memories are filtered through the carnivalesque. Fellini is a master of the form. The period is painstakingly recreated. If I was his teacher I would give Fellini full marks for skilfully using the medium to communicate his truth, even though the result irritated and bored me (my subjective experience not preventing me from being able to be objective).

quote:

I can detect the film's merits, based on an understanding of the craft and what constitutes good and bad filmmaking regardless of what my subjective response is.

quote:

I never said it was a fact, this a cheap black-and-white fallacy. Not being a fact does not necessitate that it must be an opinion. It is a deduction based on an awareness of what constitutes good and bad filmmaking. Try not to force these nuances into highly reductive black and white boxes.

quote:

Yet Hitchcock is rightly called The Master of Suspense because he knows how to play the human brain and cue the required responses. While different brains may have subtly different responses, and some unusual cases may have no response, his breadth of reach over cultures and over time are clear signals of his mastery.

quote:

Just because penicillin doesn't have the same effect on every human being, doesn't invalidate it as a highly effective drug. You're drowning in your academic nonsense again and it's holding you back from practical, effective critical analysis. The fact that you can't see how atrocious this Scream 4 review is, is testament to how much you need to stop sucking your own dick (assuming you have one) and look around.

quote:

Utter sophomoric swill. Authorial intent is a part of good critical analysis, not at odds with it. As for your fake quote, don't use the straw man tactic of skewing my argument into something it isn't, but that can be easily argued against. Writing a rebuttal to an imaginary premise does not make you the winner. It just means you wasted your time. How about providing some proper counterpoint instead of pulling your next cheap trick out of your bag of tediously obvious fallacies?

STRANGERS

quote:

How about you read the thread and find out? I'm not going to regurgitate what I've already written. If your intellect was as vast and bloated as your ego I might do out of respect, but that's not the case.

WAITING

quote:

Good to see you making a judgement of the quality of his review, based on an awareness of what constitutes good and poor reviewing. Similarly, determining the quality of a film does not take place in a vacuum.

quote:

Unfortunately, your 'warning' is not only completely impotent, it's also a sign of your sad, desperate brown-nosing of Empire. It's quite icky watching you suck up to them like this.

quote:

Perhaps you hope that by defending this shitty review to the point of complete irrationality you'll win favour with the Empire staff and they'll let you write a review for them. Whatever your motivations, your relentless brown-nosing of Empire makes it difficult to take you seriously.

STREETLIGHTS

quote:

Which is exactly what I said - 'Michael Bay loses points for cranking out soulless and meaningless Transformer films'. The films are soulless, not Bay himself. Your egoic need to argue is blocking your understanding.

PEOPLE

quote:

By understanding the function of the work, paying attention to the work, paying attention to your response, then gauging the effectiveness of the work, given that function.

quote:

quote:

Is the colour of grass subjectively detected? Yes. Does this invalidate the statement 'grass is green' as an answer to someone wanting to know the colour of grass? No. Your examples are reactions between a subject and an object, what's your point? The presence of a subject makes absolutely no difference to the fact that proper film criticism requires the critic to be objective (use the applicable definition from above this time) in their determination of quality. Just because one is a subject, doesn't mean that one cannot be objective.

DON'T STOP

quote:

BELIEVIN'

quote:

The same way. What is the function of the piece? Does Brando's characterisation serve that function?

HOLD ON TO THE FEELIN'

quote:

Too reductive. Othello is a far superior example of literature than The Da Vinci Code.

STREETLIGHTS PEOPLE

[image]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Vi8knRFpsng/Uj1G6sKJgoI/AAAAAAADbZk/PwI_rJZWKFE/US%252520rock%252520band%252520Alice%252520in%252520Chains%252520perform%252520on%252520stage%252520during%252520the%252520Rock%252520in%252520Rio%252520music%252520festival%252520fourth%252520journey%252520i2013_2.jpg[/image]

Fuck me, I thought you were dead.

Post #: 363
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 8:16:35 PM   
matty_b

PA, this doesn't get said often enough, but I love you.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 364
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 8:34:52 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

I don't know how to feel about the exact same flock immediately descending around every post I make, which isn't often. It can be best described as being hounded and teased by a ring of incestuous inbreds, for not being inbred.

Watching genuine losers scramble desperately for each other's approval with beginner-level mockery is adorable, once you forget about the inherent creepiness of their group cyber-stalking.

The attention is flattering, but it would be nice to see some actual teeth in these little jabs - can someone challenge the point(s) I've made before trying to condescend. I know there can be a tendency among you lot to run screaming to the mods once you stop hiding behind each other and actually try to engage in discussion, but there's no need for that, you can have a proper debate without ad hominem if you try. Try separating yourself from the herd for a moment and have a go. If you must use the movie message boards as a space to fulfil your emotional needs and flirt with each other, do so, but try to leave some room for discussing movies, too, mm'K?

http://i.minus.com/im249NdTDrnSh.gif

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 23/10/2013 8:35:05 PM >

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 365
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 9:42:53 PM   
MonsterCat

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

I think Drooch and Pigeon Army are destined to do this forever.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 366
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 9:47:46 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I don't know how to feel about the exact same flock immediately descending around every post I make, which isn't often. It can be best described as being hounded and teased by a ring of incestuous inbreds, for not being inbred.

Watching genuine losers scramble desperately for each other's approval with beginner-level mockery is adorable, once you forget about the inherent creepiness of their group cyber-stalking.

The attention is flattering, but it would be nice to see some actual teeth in these little jabs - can someone challenge the point(s) I've made before trying to condescend. I know there can be a tendency among you lot to run screaming to the mods once you stop hiding behind each other and actually try to engage in discussion, but there's no need for that, you can have a proper debate without ad hominem if you try. Try separating yourself from the herd for a moment and have a go. If you must use the movie message boards as a space to fulfil your emotional needs and flirt with each other, do so, but try to leave some room for discussing movies, too, mm'K?

http://i.minus.com/im249NdTDrnSh.gif

That made my evening!

Although by Drooch's own reckoning I must be seriously flirting with you right now.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 367
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 11:47:02 PM   
Drooch

quote:

quote:

TWO YEARS

AMAZING

quote:

Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun

quote:

Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun dun dun-dun dun-dun
Dun

quote:

quote:

Living in a lonely world

quote:

quote:

Just a city boy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

STRANGERS

quote:

WAITING

quote:

quote:

quote:

STREETLIGHTS

quote:

PEOPLE

quote:

quote:

quote:

DON'T STOP

quote:

BELIEVIN'

quote:

HOLD ON TO THE FEELIN'

quote:

STREETLIGHTS PEOPLE

If the sound of your raging butthurt and embarrassment over your loss in this debate takes the form of Don't Stop Believing, so be it, it's all music to my ears. Alright, go join the others in their little circle jerk around my posts. Next!

Post #: 368
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 11:54:08 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

PA, this doesn't get said often enough, but I love you.

The rest manage to keep their flirting less explicit. You'll impress them more if you try and throw some bitchy comments my way. Good luck!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 369
RE: That's it!! - 23/10/2013 11:59:16 PM   
DancingClown

You have been destroyed, countless times. Be a man, grow some bollocks, concede defeat. And then do one.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 370
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 12:00:48 AM   
MonsterCat

Drooch, you smell of beetroot. Matty, please take a dump in my mouth.

How's that?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 371
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 12:09:38 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I think you'll find it's an objective, nay empirical fact that it was Albert Dupontel doing the face-smashing, you enemy of film you.
No doubt the BBFC have lined their pockets by cutting that scene out.

Horribleives dropping a rat turd. Bloody typical.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 372
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 12:09:52 AM   
DancingClown

Someone stick their thumb up my butt. Now!

I really want to win this "circle jerk".

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 373
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 12:28:52 AM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Secondly, a two star review could be justified if the reviewer showed signs of having seen the film and provided proper criticism, instead of lazy padding about the series' history and a couple of useless sentences about how the film might be received. He then dismissively tosses out two stars, damaging the prospects of the (good) film, and the series.

You comment that PA is "brown nosing" to Empire writers by suggesting that comments you have made are approaching libel. It is for comments like this ^^^ that PA suggested you are approaching libel. By implying that a professional film reviewer in an internationally renowned magazine may not have seen the film he is reviewing, you undermine the reviewer, and the magazine. That in doing so the review is somehow "inaccurate" is a nonsense.

Amidst that vast foreboding wall of soul crushing and utterly pointless ripostes, this was the single thing of note that was worth commenting on, and only then because it tipped over from inane and bored to foolish and misjudged.

Empire writers are paid to write reviews. They are not paid to write reviews that align with your unique worldview. If they're different from how you considered the film, take a note of the reviewer's name and say to yourself, "I don't agree with this person; I shall disregard their reviews in the future". Each Empire writer is different, because hey, each person is different. We are all beautiful and unique snowflakes, regardless of what Tyler Durden would have you believe. Note you disagree, and move on.

Which, aptly is good advice for this entire thread.

Move. On.

Maybe you should practice what you preach and 'move on' instead of dropping your little rat-turd on this topic, contributing nothing to the discussion at hand (from a Mod, no less ).

Your talk of 'internationally renowned magazine' and 'undermine the reviewer, and the magazine' are disgusting. The highest ranking politicians will commit the most heinous deceit, throwing titles and prestige my way only deepens my suspicions.

If a magazine has any self-respect, it will welcome scrutiny. I think it's unlikely that the reviewer had seen the film and I'll say so. Deal with it.

I believe my contribution was reminding you of point 2 in the Forum Rules and Guidelines. "2. Libellous remarks (that could lead to us being sued)." The entire post can be found here. (Re)familiarise yourself with it. http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=631702

The role of a moderator is to, OMG, moderate.

I'm fairly sure that "internationally renowned magazine" is a fact, rather than an opinion. It is popular internationally. That's renown enough for me. I didn't say OMG DA BEDSTSTSEST MAGAZZIIZNE EVEAAAAHAHHHHH DEAL WITH IT MOFO.

Scrutiny, yes. Unfounded libellous accusations, no. Stop it.

'Stop it?' You've needlessly dredged up an issue about which I'd made my point clear and put to bed. Throwing fuel on the fire then telling it to go out won't work, you would have been better off just leaving it. You need to moderate more effectively.

More worrying is that you describe a debate about objectivity in film criticism as a 'vast foreboding wall of soul crushing and utterly pointless ripostes' instead promoting, and joining in with, the tide of mouth-breathers who want to turn the Empire forums into something that would make the imdb look respectable. If the mods start being as fuck-stupid and bitchy as the lowest cretins on the board, what hope is there?

Let's hope it doesn't go that way. Here's hoping you'll realise your error and actually do your job of cleaning up the bitchy personal attacks that litter this thread, and let some proper debate flourish.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 374
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 12:30:53 AM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

You have been destroyed, countless times. Be a man, grow some bollocks, concede defeat. And then do one.

Easy to say, but what, specifically, are you referring to when you say 'been destroyed, countless times'?

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 375
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 1:19:31 AM   
Hood_Man

...Did you seriously criticise someone else for needlessly bringing up an issue? After you brought up an issue that nobody cares about, after a 2 year hiatus?

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 376
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 7:40:14 AM   
superdan

You followed this:
quote:

More worrying is that you describe a debate about objectivity in film criticism as a 'vast foreboding wall of soul crushing and utterly pointless ripostes' instead promoting, and joining in with, the tide of mouth-breathers who want to turn the Empire forums into something that would make the imdb look respectable. If the mods start being as fuck-stupid and bitchy as the lowest cretins on the board, what hope is there?

With this:
quote:

Let's hope it doesn't go that way. Here's hoping you'll realise your error and actually do your job of cleaning up the bitchy personal attacks that litter this thread, and let some proper debate flourish.

You, sir, are a hypocrite. Stop playing the victim. You brought up a so-called debate that finished years ago, and did so in a confrontational manner. Face up to the fact that people aren't going to agree with you that a film can be 'objectively good', especially when the film in question is Scream fucking 4 for gods sake (which was the definition of mediocre). Also, you used the term 'butthurt' - now that is something that definitely belongs on IMDb.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 377
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 8:13:47 AM   
great_badir

Well I think they're all rubbish.

So there.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 378
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 10:37:24 AM   
MonsterCat

I really don't want to go down this rabbit hole again but I would like to point something out, though.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

When's Scream 5 out?

Soon, maybe, according to Bloody-disgusting.

So obviously The Brothers Weinstein don't care that critics were "punishing" Scream 4 if they're sort of considering a fifth film.

As if studios actually give a tuppeny fuck what critics think anyway.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 379
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 12:56:51 PM   
Drooch

quote:

...Did you seriously criticise someone else for needlessly bringing up an issue? After you brought up an issue that nobody cares about, after a 2 year hiatus?

Actually, the thread has been brought up several times in the intervening years, which is what prompted me to return to it in the first place. I mentioned this at the beginning of my post. Read first, then comment.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 380
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 1:09:55 PM   
DancingClown

There's a twelve-month gap between your post and the previous post. This stuff about being prompted to respond because this thread had been "brought up" is horseshit of the most pungent kind.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 381
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 1:42:29 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

Actually, the thread has been brought up several times in the intervening years, which is what prompted me to return to it in the first place. I mentioned this at the beginning of my post. Read first, then comment.

As DC pointed out, there's a 12 month gap between posts... either you've subscribed to the thread AND are in possession of the quietest email address since Alexander_G_Bell_1847@aol.com, or you're telling porkies.

Nothing makes my skin crawl on the internet more than watching someone argue themselves in a corner, and then attempt to dig their way out of it. You probably think you're the James Moriarty of the Empire Forums, when in reality you're just a Google Image search of Trypophobia.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 382
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 2:18:36 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

you're just a Google Image search of Trypophobia.

Hands up who else just google image searched trypophobia?

You weirdo, Hoody.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 383
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 2:29:55 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

you're just a Google Image search of Trypophobia.

Hands up who else just google image searched trypophobia?

You weirdo, Hoody.

I didn't need to. Just looking at the word makes me feel strangely sick.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 384
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 2:55:42 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

There's a twelve-month gap between your post and the previous post. This stuff about being prompted to respond because this thread had been "brought up" is horseshit of the most pungent kind.

No it isn't. The thread was brought up in various other threads. Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself more, ok? Remember, just because you're on a message board doesn't mean you have to be a complete dick.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 385
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 3:01:06 PM   
Drooch

quote:

As DC pointed out, there's a 12 month gap between posts... either you've subscribed to the thread AND are in possession of the quietest email address since Alexander_G_Bell_1847@aol.com, or you're telling porkies.

The thread was brought up in various other threads. Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself more, ok? Remember, just because you're on a message board doesn't mean you have to be a complete dick.

quote:

Nothing makes my skin crawl on the internet more than watching someone argue themselves in a corner, and then attempt to dig their way out of it. You probably think you're the James Moriarty of the Empire Forums, when in reality you're just a Google Image search of Trypophobia.

No, I'm here to debate whatever the topic is at hand. Your need to invent drama is your problem here. Just discuss the topic and leave it at that, it's quite simple.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 386
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 3:11:29 PM   
rawlinson

You do realise that the only times this thread gets mentioned anywhere else on the board are when people are laughing at you? I mean either you're being genuine and you can't understand the difference between a thread being mentioned because people are interested in your views and a thread being mentioned because people dislike you and are actively mocking your posts, or you're just trolling for attention.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 387
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 3:22:51 PM   
Empire_Mods

Action is being taken regarding complaints from this thread - could we ask posters not to rise to deliberate bait and leave the argument here for the moment? Thank you.

Kneel before Mod!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 388
RE: That's it!! - 24/10/2013 3:26:25 PM   
rawlinson

I do love that the voice of the mods is Rylan from X-Factor.

(in reply to Empire_Mods)
Post #: 389
[Awaiting Approval]
Drooch

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: That's it!! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI