Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Exclusive

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Exclusive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Exclusive - 13/4/2011 11:11:19 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: OK, this is officially something to be excited for - 14/4/2011 1:01:59 AM   
HitchHiker

I really have no desire to see this (Doesn't mean I won't though). To me this is another case of pointless rebooting. I don't really want to know how the Apes took over, just like I didn't need to know why Hannibal Lecter ate faces. I enjoy the mystery in these things so I say leave it alone.

If God had wanted us to fly he would have built the airports closer to the cities.
Post #: 2
RE: Will the apes be talking? - 14/4/2011 11:06:40 AM   
dreddhead123

Trailer is on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asMgeS2pYE8&feature=player_embedded

Post #: 3
RE: - 14/4/2011 1:11:14 PM   
evildave69

Agreed, it's looks excellent. I'm not really attached to the originals nor the Tim Burton 'reimagining' so they should go to town with it.
Post #: 4
RE: Monkey business - 14/4/2011 2:16:11 PM   
bid red mcneil

looking forward to the film but can thet get someone else apart from andy serkis to do the mocap

no doubt he is a genius at it but there must be other people out there who can do it, or am i being a bit harsh

"That was irrational of you... not to mention unsportsmanlike."

"Well it appears to me that there can't be too many guys driving around this valley with an ape."
Post #: 5
RE: Monkey business - 14/4/2011 4:00:53 PM   
Gkel

I think the studio got nervous about losing potential franchise dollars by not having "planet of the" in there.

They held out as long as they could but couldnt resist it in the end.

"Eat recycled food. Recycled food is good for the environment and ok for you."

(in reply to bid red mcneil)
Post #: 6
RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Exclusive - 14/4/2011 5:32:54 PM   
Overmind

Aint that ape tightening that bolt instead of loosening it?

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 7
RE: Dead behind the eyes... - 15/4/2011 12:33:06 AM   
Darth Goonie

quote:

ORIGINAL: lankeymarlon

....looks like Weta are coming really close to mastering the dead-eye problem. Avatar was the closest thing we got to having CG characters looking like there was life in the eyes. But they done that by making the eyeballs massive. With this it looks much more realistic and as if that monkey is thinking something. Will just have to wait for the trailer before we can know for sure if they have cracked it.

I thought WETA did a great job on that already with King Kong, the animating of his eyes was amazing!
Post #: 8
RE: - 17/4/2011 12:34:40 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

Do I assume that from the deletion of my (and a couple of other peoples) posts that having an opinion is frowned upon on the Empire Forums nowadays?

Have I been away that long?
Guess that's why I chose to stay away... far too sycophantic...

Good work fellas, keep up the good work!

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008
Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 17/4/2011 4:38:02 PM   
jmebaby25

Hmmm... I not sure a prequel is needed, but I suppose it could be good.

The early scenes look well done and quite interesting and I can see it being a thematic gold mine. Problem is that it all looks rather silly once the apes, well, rise. I loved the original, not because it was about a bunch of apes who ruled over mankind, but because of its wonderful subtext (the <i>hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil</i> scene being on of my all time favourite movie scenes).

This could, as the woeful Burton version proved, just become silly if it's basically about clever apes rising up and overthrowing mankind with nothing else to it. Hopefully not though.

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 17/4/2011 9:37:11 PM   
jobloffski

Hope the following exchange is dialogue from different scenes cut together for the trailer:

"...the drug has radically boosted brain functioning/you mean increased intelligence?"

Cos as dialogue, that's as bad as the Deep Blue Sea clarification of the side effect of increased brain mass ('They got smarter).

Bit picky I suppose, as is my "eh? the drug is being tested on so many apes at the same time, on mainland USA territory, there's enough of them to threaten the society itself when the shit hits the fan? " response to the plot scenario as indicated by the trailer.

Then again, my instinctive response to the trailer was 'it looks like I, Robot, only hairier' so I' m either outside the market tested target audience for this movie or (and this is what I hope) the film has more intelligence about it than the trailer suggests, and therefore the trailer is playing up the 'monkeys go nuts' angle for the broadest possible selling of the movie. (Yes, I know monkeys and apes are not the same species).

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 17/4/2011 9:43:46 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 11
RE: RE: - 17/4/2011 9:58:14 PM   
CORLEONE

As far as I know (and I could be wrong) just one ape has the experimental drug to begin with. Let's face, we can train apes to take orders off us with words, they'd probably respond much quicker if it was an ape giving the orders. Maybe he gives them all the drug, not sure, but it looks interesting. I just love the whole concept. We treat apes like shit in these labs but as soon s as they have our level of intelligence it's wrong. Is intelligent life the only life worth giving a damn about? Raises a lot of moral questions, and the old adage of Man playing God ending in a shafting for us humans. Looking forward to it. I hope it's great and sparks a string of worthy sequels. (I'm an Ape geek, and proud. This is my Star Wars!)

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 12
RE: RE: - 17/4/2011 10:10:20 PM   
jobloffski

http://www.chud.com/22943/exclusive-huge-planet-of-the-apes-prequel-story-details/

The above (if accurate, and definitely spoilerific if so) answers some of my questions and thoughts, including something I wondered about the possible inclusion of in the FF thread.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 13
RE: RE: - 18/4/2011 4:32:23 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

The trailer looks quite interesting, although the Apes Will Rise tag made me do an unintentional snort laugh in the middle of the office.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

Do I assume that from the deletion of my (and a couple of other peoples) posts that having an opinion is frowned upon on the Empire Forums nowadays?

I wouldn't take it too personally, mate. Spam is such a problem on these threads that they tend to deleted posts en masse, including those that actually are genuine.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 14
RE: RE: - 18/4/2011 5:33:04 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

The trailer looks quite interesting, although the Apes Will Rise tag made me do an unintentional snort laugh in the middle of the office.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

I wouldn't take it too personally, mate. Spam is such a problem on these threads that they tend to deleted posts en masse, including those that actually are genuine.

They deleted about 3 posts, all clearly NOT spam... I stand by my initial comment! lol

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 15
RE: A potential for greatness. - 23/4/2011 9:13:44 PM   
higgins78

First the good parts...any clip showing Caesar, the intelligence and cunning behind his eyes looks nothing short of spine-tingling. Unfortunately that is where it ends in my opinion. The rest of the trailers looks as others have pointed out a "hairier I Robot", less character study and more 1 set-piece after another. My final reservation is with so many 20-somethings cast in the lead roles...James Franco as a scientist? Please, my suspension of disbelief has just been suspended!

< Message edited by higgins78 -- 23/4/2011 9:14:33 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Exclusive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI