Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Homeland - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 13/12/2012 10:30:25 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

How was Carrie left alone with one agent when the show makes a specific point of saying they work in pairs??

Worst thing about the entire series. Carrie suspects he's still hiding so stops all the agents leaving. And yet only one is sent in with her?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 91
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 13/12/2012 10:33:32 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

How was Carrie left alone with one agent when the show makes a specific point of saying they work in pairs??

Worst thing about the entire series. Carrie suspects he's still hiding so stops all the agents leaving. And yet only one is sent in with her?

It was worse than that, six or so went in with her but five of them decided to go on a fucking walk-about

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 92
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 14/12/2012 2:46:13 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

quote:

It was worse than that, six or so went in with her but five of them decided to go on a fucking walk-about

I rolled my eyes when that happened, totally ridiculous.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 93
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 17/12/2012 1:39:55 PM   
Sway

Anybody else still going with this?

Just watched the finale - the first half was complete filler and a total yawn fest. Quinn's, 'I'm a guy who kills bad guys' dialogue with Estes was cringeworthy and made the past couple of episodes with the focus on Quinn seem completely pointless.

Thankfully it livened up in the second half, but still far too much sentimental scenes between Carrie and Brody.

So, Brody is adament it wasn't him. What do we think? Jonson in the UK speed thread seems to be keen on the idea that Saul is the mole in the agency, and the scenes from the latest episode would certainly lend credence to the idea, but I simply can't bring myself to believe Saul is bad.

So, where's Quinn now anyway? How can Carrie clear Brody's name?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 94
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 17/12/2012 6:42:00 PM   
Rinc

I agree, that bomb blast really livened things up. At first I was thinking Carrie was doing another one of her nuts stunts by going on the run with Brody. But she did the right thing in order to clear his name.

The cut to Saul from the blast suggested he's the mole (the whole presence of which has been completely ignored for ages). But like you Sway I just don't want to believe it.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 95
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 17/12/2012 7:30:50 PM   
Sway

quote:

The cut to Saul from the blast suggested he's the mole (the whole presence of which has been completely ignored for ages). But like you Sway I just don't want to believe it.

The very fact he was overseeing Nazir's 'burial' and was miles out of harm's way is very indicative of foul play. I had a bad feeling when they focused a lot of screen time to him while he was on the ship, and then kablooie! I so hope it's not him.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 96
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 18/12/2012 11:33:05 AM   
shool

Despite jumping the shark a few times this season I still really like this show.
That bomb blast and the acting from Mandy Patinkinkinkiniknin... was exceptional. Saul is by far the best thing in this show.

I hadn't thought about him being the mole (Which I'd forgotten about) until I read it here. Hope it isnt the case.

Loved the line "You're the smartest and Dumbest person I've ever met."

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 97
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 18/12/2012 8:27:57 PM   
Reidy

I knew they would pull a stunt like this. The series has been very poor for me, but then they throw in a belting ending so a mug like me will be back next year. Prior to the explosion it was again a pretty dull episode. Would be disappointed if they had Saul being some kind of mole, he is the only remotely likable character at the moment.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 98
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 19/12/2012 10:03:28 AM   
paulyboy

I'm still watching too, enjoyed the finale.

That said there are still things that annoy me.

- As mentioned above with the SWAT team sweeping the tunnels, it just strains credulity at times. It was like watching a horror film when she was left with only one team member, I half expected Abu Nazir to pop out with a fucking Scream mask on. From a technical viewpoint, several episodes really boil my piss also.

- Carrie, although well acted by Danes, is slowly turning into one of the most irritating people on the planet. Just do what you're told to woman!

- Is it me, or do Danes and Lewis have zero chemistry? They just don't click at all for me, they're great in their respective parts, but when their romance takes centre stage, it all just feels hideously awkward, I've never bought it!

- Brody's family, Dana especially, are really grating on my nerves now, I'm still not sure what the whole hit & run fiasco was about in the grand scheme of things, obviously the daughter will be spitting feathers that her boyfriend snuffed it now, but that aside I just can't see why it got so much screen time this year.

On the plus side though:

- Quinn is awesome.

- Saul is awesome. Please don't be a bad guy!

- Este's (although a fucker!) was awesome.

I'll be watching next year, it's a long way off dropping the ball to the extent that I'd tune out still.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 99
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 21/12/2012 3:54:23 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I jumped to US speed for the last episode as I'll proabbaly be too busy with Christmas stuff to watch the Channel 4 finale.

Well, after a fantastic first season this season was a serious let down. The tension, intricity and slow burning but solid story were thrown out the window in favour of a more '24' style show. Although the acting was still top notch (Lewis especially) the show let itself down badly. Numerous plot holes and numerous eye rolling moment (see the SWAT team moment, the hit and run, and the 'spilt milk' scene)

For a moment in the finale I thought they might be wrapping it up nicely and finishing it but no.....they had to throw in that ending. I'll be watching Season 3 despite the shortcomings of this season. I feel like I need to see it out. Plus, I waana know if Saul is really the bad guy they are leading us to believe he is. I hope not, I gotta love me some Saul.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 100
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 21/12/2012 12:11:40 PM   
Sway

Oh wait...

Wrong thread.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 101
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 21/12/2012 12:13:19 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Oh wait...

Wrong thread.

When is Breaking Bad back?

I miss it.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 102
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 23/12/2012 11:42:38 PM   
musht

Like most people here I was extremely underwhelmed by this season but that ending will definitely have me back next year and I hate myself for that.

Quinn's turnaround was a complete joke and came out of nowhere, totally out of whack with the character.

This show would be so much better without the stupid "romance" between Carrie and Brody, I like Brody as a character and it really annoys me that he's embroiled with Carrie (best field agent Quinn has ever seen!?!? Really!?).

The leak of Bordy's suicide tape was a real killer, really interested to see what happens him.

I fucking hope Saul's not the mole!!!

How is Carrie going to explain her absence and Brody's disappearance?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 103
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 14/10/2013 2:42:46 PM   
galvatron

Three episodes in and bugger all is going on. This was week's was awful. What happened to the terrorist plotlines? I

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 104
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 23/10/2013 3:15:29 PM   
Cool Breeze

Saul you crafty old devil!

Pretty good episode this week, the plot twist i didnt see coming at all.The Dana scenes nearly sent me to sleep as usual and she keeps getting more and more annoying ( latest offence is that she goes on the run, steals her mums car and trades it in!) but besides that, pretty good all round.

Please kill off Dana Homeland writers!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 105
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 23/10/2013 6:22:15 PM   
beebs_

Dana is the worst. So absolutely boring and stupid. I just can't...

I knew that Carrie wasn't gonna sell out. When she started to give in I was like "double agent!!!".

Still I don't know how or when Saul set up this thing. Was it some super long con?! Did they sort it out just before she left the hospital?!?!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 106
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 23/10/2013 10:32:05 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

Dana is the worst. So absolutely boring and stupid. I just can't...

I knew that Carrie wasn't gonna sell out. When she started to give in I was like "double agent!!!".

Still I don't know how or when Saul set up this thing. Was it some super long con?! Did they sort it out just before she left the hospital?!?!

It would seem that his entire betrayal of her was part of the set up, I think when he visited her in the hospital he must have explained his plan but she didn't expect him to leave her in there that long, which seems odd because surely the whole point of the "sting" was to get the law firm to get her out therefore "buying her favour" as they saw it. This all means to me that Carrie is as good an actress as Danes herself, I just have know idea who her performance was for.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 107
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 30/10/2013 8:18:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

Decent enough episode again this week.Some pretty tense moments and the Dana scenes werent too annoying.( Im sure i wasnt the only one who was wishing shed head for the bathroom as soon as she got home and finish what she started a few months previously! )

Had to laugh at Sauls scolding of Carrie for risking the operation '' For Dana Brody! Dana fucking Brody! ''

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 108
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 30/10/2013 10:00:34 PM   
galvatron

Disagree. The scenes with Dana were complete filler. They have virtually no link to the rest of the plot and I'm not even sure why they are there. Her mum going to see Carrie (how'd she know where Carrie lives?) were forced. I want someone to go through the three seasons and edit out any scene with Dana that doesn't involve Brody or Carrie, I don't think it'd take anything away from the show.

More Quinn and Saul and definitely more Virgil!

Post #: 109
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 31/10/2013 7:51:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Disagree. The scenes with Dana were complete filler. They have virtually no link to the rest of the plot and I'm not even sure why they are there. Her mum going to see Carrie (how'd she know where Carrie lives?) were forced. I want someone to go through the three seasons and edit out any scene with Dana that doesn't involve Brody or Carrie, I don't think it'd take anything away from the show.

More Quinn and Saul and definitely more Virgil!

Oh im not saying that the Dana scenes are not filler, they sure are, im just saying that it wasnt as tedious as usual because her going missing ended up putting Carrie and Sauls plan into jeopardy with Carrie risking blowing her cover by reaching out to the agents to help find Dana.

They should definetly have more Quinn.That guys a bad ass that would give Jack Bauer nightmares.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 110
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 6/11/2013 9:05:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the writers have finally come to their senses and realised everyone hates Dana.Seems like she is finally gone for good from this show.

Good fucking riddance!

Besides that, jesus if that double murder at the house wasnt the most violent thing iv seen on tv for ages.

Post #: 111
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 6/11/2013 9:12:19 PM   
galvatron

I think this could've been filmed post first few episodes due to the fan/media reaction to Dana.

Post #: 112
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 6/11/2013 9:35:21 PM   
Cool Breeze

Had to laugh at all those positive pregnancy tests in Carries drawer.

Those things have piss all over them! And she keeps them in a drawer! EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 113
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 6/11/2013 10:12:18 PM   
musht

Does anyone actually believe that that's the last we've seen of Dana?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 114
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 6/11/2013 10:27:12 PM   
paul_ie86

Cool Breeze does.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 115
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 6/11/2013 10:51:40 PM   
galvatron

If she turns up in Caracas I'm out 100%

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 116
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 12/11/2013 5:29:14 PM   
galvatron

Best episode of the season for me. Focused on the spy game and no Dana in sight!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 117
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 14/11/2013 10:01:02 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Best episode of the season for me. Focused on the spy game and no Dana in sight!

Not a Brody in sight

Agreed, easily the best so far. Saul telling the Senator was awesome

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 118
RE: Homeland - US Speed - 16/12/2013 7:43:03 PM   
galvatron

So the end of the season and... will it continue for a fourth season? I hope that's it personally.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 119
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Homeland - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI