Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Winnie The Pooh - 11/4/2011 2:05:19 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Why only 3 stars? - 11/4/2011 2:05:19 PM   
stenton

From the review there seemed to be no negative other than it is targeted to 1 demographic and from your review it seems to hit the mark. I'm not nitpicking, just curious as to what Helen thinks it needed to warrant 5 stars. I haven't seen it so please ignore my star rating of the "middle number"...but it was the only way to comment.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 11/4/2011 9:58:28 PM   
Ethanial

Magazine said 4. And it is.
A magnificent little gem, universally funny, entertaining and not a single slow beat in the film.

Post #: 3
Empire errors - 12/4/2011 11:28:23 AM   
djimi42

As mentioned in another post - this has 4 stars in the magazine. These discrepancies keep popping up – almost one an issue. How hard is it to get the star rating the same on the web as the mag? I understand films differ from cinema to DVD which makes sense, especially as different reviewer. But the same problem happens in your Empire Film Guide book where the ratings don’t always match. E.g Jurassic Park has 4 stars in book yet everywhere on the web it’s a 5 – there’s even a 5 star essay about it. I love Empire but this is annoying.

Post #: 4
- 12/4/2011 11:52:17 AM   
odddaze

This is actually the best film I've seen all year, it just worked for me on so many levels, all the way through the film I had a huge smile on my face. It will probably go unseen which is a real shame but hopefully will have a healthy DVD life.

Post #: 5
RE: - 13/4/2011 12:59:06 PM   
hit_or_miss_me

I also absolutely loved this film. Gorgeous animation and had me crying with laughter throughout. It's a massive shame this hasn't seen a better marketing campaign as it really deserves to become a Disney classic and most people don't even seem aware there is a new Pooh film.

Jason Isaacs number one fan/stalker/wife etc.

Damn the man! Save the Empire!

(in reply to odddaze)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Winnie The Pooh Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI