Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Killing Bono - 30/3/2011 7:17:45 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Em-poor - 30/3/2011 7:17:45 PM   
G_MAN07

Zooropa was awesome you fools. How uncool is Empire right now?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Very poor review (if it is indeed a review) - 31/3/2011 11:17:35 AM   
u2meister

Again... Zooropa is a great album. There is indeed a great idea behind this film. There are great performances all around. empire needs to do seriously better than this.

Post #: 3
Pride, in the name of Love...... - 6/4/2011 7:49:36 PM   
n13roy

I thorougly enjoyed this Film, and thought it was quite clever in the way it showed the varying gaps growing between the two Bands throughout. Sort of reminded me of the wonderful " Commitments " at times too. The soundtrack was great as well. Must admit it did seem a bit sad to see the late Pete Postelwaite in his last role though, brilliant as he was. He will be sadly miseed......

Post #: 4
i've lost all faith in Empire reviews - 7/4/2011 6:13:31 PM   
siobhanoid

I loved this film, it was by no means perfect but the performances were amazing! I thought it was really funny too and quite touching in places. I used to be a huge fan of Empire but have really lost faith now. I love the British film industry and think i need to look elsewhere to find a magazine that supports it more. You can go back to swooning over Captain America now if you like.

Post #: 5
Killing Bono: Review - 25/9/2011 1:00:17 AM   
Edward9630

Killing Bono is a good film. It has a good story, good cast and good music. The problems is this isn't the most entertaining film to watch and I've seen better films in this. I would recommend to go see this film.

Post #: 6
RE: Killing Bono: Review - 12/10/2011 2:53:13 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I actually thought it was quite a good film and Ben Barnes does a convincing Irish accent. The events (mostly disastrous) leading up to the climax are mostly comical. One being Ben Barnes's character looking up at the ceiling whilst a woman is riding him a la cowboy and he sees a poster of Bono hah. Pete Postlethwaite is very good as always and it's sad that it was one of his last roles. Barnes's co-star Sheehan does all right actually and Krysten Ritter adds a nice level of charm to the proceedings. 

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Edward9630)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Killing Bono Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI