Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: TO EMPIRE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: TO EMPIRE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TO EMPIRE - 30/3/2011 4:47:02 PM   
Invader_Ace

I've seen this on other sites and it being reported differently, not as a complete new film reboot, as "re-boot Batman within Justice League".  I mean, it pretty much has to happen for a JLA film.

I take it to mean that the next time we see Batman will be in JLA, and obviously he will be tweaked from previous incarnation.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 31
RE: TO EMPIRE - 30/3/2011 5:22:41 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

Why dont you just put a title up saying "positive comments only"? Since you remove any negative comments about your precious Nolan. FUCK YOU.FASCIST CUNTS.

A simple request would have elicited the information you seem to be seeking.

We have spammers on site. We have said this in quite a few of these threads but I think a lot of posters pop in for a specific story and often don't read all the posts. Because of the number of posts the spammer produces we have to use a 'delete all' function - this has the unfortunately side effect of taking some posts with it. But only, really, if you post on the main site. If eg you go into the forum proper and post in the relevant thread in the Movie News sections, and don't post to the spammer, then by and large your posts stays. That'll be the norm for most of the posts that remain in these threads. The 'delete all' function on the spammers ID really doesn't give a toss what the opinions are that have been removed, which does kind of undermine the conspiracy theories.

If you do go via the forum, BTW, could we request you pop into the Posting Rules thread while you're there? There's a bit on language you might find useful. Although, sadly, we don't reference Godwin's Law. We probably should though.

Ta

Elab, YOU FASCIST TWUNT!

Do you think burtbondy was out kicking in windows at the weekend?

< Message edited by sanchia -- 30/3/2011 5:24:00 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 32
F**k you Warner Bros. - 30/3/2011 6:03:59 PM   
mjscarface

That is all.
Post #: 33
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 6:42:21 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

This action is essentially saying 'Heh Mr Nolan, thanks for all your hard work and financial stability and my new yacht your films bought me, now be a good boy and f*ck off whilst we can make some more money'.

Nolan is staying on as producer.

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 30/3/2011 6:53:40 PM >

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 34
RE: Do we really need another Batman - 30/3/2011 6:45:05 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

I really don't see a problem with this at all. Nolan's Bat films have been amazing but that doesn't mean other's can't have a different take on the character. The character's been around for 70 odd years and there is so much material out there for film-makers to use so I don't see why we can't have another trilogy of films albeit with a slightly different artistic sensibility.

I thought I was the only one. I don't want to see the Nolan series carried on without Nolan, it makes no sense if that is a self contained story. This actually seems like a logical, sensible thing to do, from a creative standpoint. And, like I said in my reply to Jim, Nolan and Emma Thomas are staying on board in a producer capacity, so its win-win really.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 35
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 6:48:25 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

quote:

This action is essentially saying 'Heh Mr Nolan, thanks for all your hard work and financial stability and my new yacht your films bought me, now be a good boy and f*ck off whilst we can make some more money'.

We seem to agree on most things buddy but I really don't see the reboot being anything other than respect for Nolan. I see it as them saying thank you very much for the money, the quality and we aren't interested in anyone "sullying" your work. However, it is a character than has endured for decades and will continue to endure. I love Nolan's films in the same way that I love Jim Lee's work in the comics but it doesn't mean I don't want to see Fincher's take on the character for example or that I wouldn't love to see other artist's work on the book.

The character is far too big for one Director to have sole ownership of him. Look at Bond!

I see what your saying dude, believe me, I think Fincher is ideal to take Nolan's work on, mentioned that in other threads but my love for the Nolan films is a piece of history and should be held as a template not instantly de-faced within months of completion of The Nolan trilogy.

WB just need to slow down, take a deep breath and think before making 'any old shit' and then regretting it.

What have they said/done to suggest that they'll be "making any old shit"? The Batman franchise, post-Nolan, will be a heavily protected property. I genuinely believe that Warner learnt from the mistakes of Batman And Robin, and thats why they've been so wary about taking their time with their DC flicks over the past couple of years.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 36
RE: - 30/3/2011 8:05:51 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: larstrygve

To me this seems like a smart thing to do. Instead of fucking up the Nolan Bat-universe (Like Schumacher fucked up the Burton Bat-universe) they give it a new approach. It was going to happen anyway, if there is someone out there that really thought or hoped that WB would stick to the Nolan universe forever and ever-ever, well smell the cofee and get over it!

I don't think Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were terrible because of Schumacher, it was a greedy studio wanting something light and family-friendly to sell happy meals.

Imagine if Schumacher made a Batman movie in the style and tone of Lost Boys / Flatliners.
Post #: 37
RE: RE: - 30/3/2011 9:04:00 PM   
larstrygve

Yeah, well, that would have helped, but still... I'm not a fan of Flatliners and The Lost Boys. But Time To Kill was pretty okey... Anyway, I do see your point.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 38
RE: - 30/3/2011 11:02:39 PM   
mikymik38

Whoops, I meant to say its not a reboot but rather a recasting; I don't think they are making a new stand alone Batman.
Post #: 39
Too much competition- Why so serious? - 9/8/2011 2:43:13 AM   
batbhai

Only one problem with superhero franchise: Release one per year and forget 3D. It's great we had SR,SM:3,TDK in 2006,'07 and '08 (also IM). 2010 had one superhero IM2. Now it's getting complicated: 2011 saw 3: Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America and more and more complicated: Spidey, Dark Knight and Superman and Avengers all in 2012. Please be patient, studios and distributers!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 40
WHY? - 30/3/2012 2:55:49 PM   
AdamPetrie

Why not just continue the story? or even leave Batman alone for a few years.

Post #: 41
Did everyone already use up there backlash on Spiderman? - 30/8/2012 11:13:37 AM   
Jamie_M

What I don't get is,,,,, After a fantastic Batman trilogy, there's all this talk about a Batman reboot so soon,, and everyone seems to be fine with that, everyone seems to think that's ok!!
Yet when Spiderman came out last month,, a new reboot after 5 years,,, after the disastrous Spiderman 3, (which lets be honest, left the series no direction to go in except back to square 1),,,,,, everyone, critics and fans alike started crying like little girls,,,WWWAAAA,,, WHY ?? It's TOO SOOON,, NOOOOO,,, and this was before they'd even seen the movie or before it came out.
I don't get it, doesn't make sense,,,, or should I say SPIDER sense,, Awful,, just awful I know

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: TO EMPIRE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI