Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Warners Rebooting Batman Again?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Warners Rebooting Batman Again? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warners Rebooting Batman Again? - 30/3/2011 1:14:42 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Warners Rebooting Batman Again? - 30/3/2011 1:47:22 AM   
Darth Marenghi

The whole of talk of Nolan producing JLA is a bit peculiar - isn't the new Superman film going to establish that Cavill's Clark Kent is the only superhero in that world?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 2
RE: - 30/3/2011 3:44:24 AM   
Spaldron

Is this a leaked April fools?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.
Post #: 3
BATMAN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... - 30/3/2011 8:36:43 AM   
Snake-Eyes

YAAAAAWWWWNNNNNN..... Sorry what?

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html
Post #: 4
RE: BATMAN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... - 30/3/2011 8:41:12 AM   
JIm R

The $ will always rule in the film world ahead of creative belief or warranted decision.

Best left alone but with Avengers on the horizon, WB would never stand for not having a JL film.

Sadly inevitable.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 5
RE: BATMAN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... - 30/3/2011 8:41:57 AM   
UTB

I suspect this is to do with the recasting of The Joker. WB won't recast someone out of respect for Ledger in the continuation of Nolan's films, but not being able to use such a central character must be a problem. By rebooting it they get to recast the Joker again without 'replacing' Ledger. 

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 6
RE: BATMAN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... - 30/3/2011 8:47:15 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Y'know, I'm a HUGE fan of the classic DC and Marvel characters and I cannot comprehend why 'they', the studios, the money guys insist on 'rebooting' i.e. REGURGITATING the same characters and franchises over and over again when they have such a vast catalogue of fantastic characters and stories. Yes, I know that many may not be familiar to mainstream audiences but with good storytelling and controlled budgets, there are so many fresh stories that can be told. Alas, like JIm says, the Dollar always rules.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 7
RE: Do we really need another Batman - 30/3/2011 9:31:59 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

If they do it right, I'm actually okay with this. As excited as I am to see Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, I'm looking forward to seeing Batman properly reincarnated in his gothic and dark style, as criffle said.
If it's handled RIGHT and taken seriously, but not too seriously (ie Nolan's films), it could be something that could hope to live up to BATMAN (1989) and B:TAS.

A JLA movie could be preposterous, though. Too many different styles clashing with each-other... if it's ever made they should make Batman a part-time member as in the comics/ animated series.
Post #: 8
RE: Do we really need another Batman - 30/3/2011 9:45:14 AM   
Rob

I really don't see a problem with this at all. Nolan's Bat films have been amazing but that doesn't mean other's can't have a different take on the character. The character's been around for 70 odd years and there is so much material out there for film-makers to use so I don't see why we can't have another trilogy of films albeit with a slightly different artistic sensibility.

I for one would love to see some of the larger than life villains be given another go and done properly (Mr Freeze or Man-Bat for example), I'd love to see Nightwing on screen, I'd love to see Death in the Family, Under the Red Hood all on screen. As long as WB treat the property with respect and no more Schumacher-esque missteps then I look forward to seeing live-action Bat films for many a year to come!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 9
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 9:54:47 AM   
Discodez

So WB get the biggest grossing comic book adaptation of all time, one of the highest grossing films of all time, and want to go back to the drawing board and start again??

Is it WB that's been in loads of financial trouble? You can see why with this sort of numbnutted thinking.
Post #: 10
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 9:58:09 AM   
JIm R

This action is essentially saying 'Heh Mr Nolan, thanks for all your hard work and financial stability and my new yacht your films bought me, now be a good boy and f*ck off whilst we can make some more money'.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 11
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 10:03:29 AM   
stuxmusic

I think by 'reinvent batman' they mean specifically for Justice League... which I'm actually alright with.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 12
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 10:13:24 AM   
Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

This action is essentially saying 'Heh Mr Nolan, thanks for all your hard work and financial stability and my new yacht your films bought me, now be a good boy and f*ck off whilst we can make some more money'.

We seem to agree on most things buddy but I really don't see the reboot being anything other than respect for Nolan. I see it as them saying thank you very much for the money, the quality and we aren't interested in anyone "sullying" your work. However, it is a character than has endured for decades and will continue to endure. I love Nolan's films in the same way that I love Jim Lee's work in the comics but it doesn't mean I don't want to see Fincher's take on the character for example or that I wouldn't love to see other artist's work on the book.

The character is far too big for one Director to have sole ownership of him. Look at Bond!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 13
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 11:08:14 AM   
Drew_231

Just let Nolan take ten years off, then come back to make 'The Dark Knight Returns', with all the cast returning 
Post #: 14
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 11:13:43 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

Just let Nolan take ten years off, then come back to make 'The Dark Knight Returns', with all the cast returning 

This is what I've been saying in the main Batman Films Future thread whenever this discussion of 'what happens next' came about.

Just make it around 15 years to give Bale enough time to age with credibility.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 15
RE: Batman Reboot - 30/3/2011 11:17:09 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

quote:

We seem to agree on most things buddy but I really don't see the reboot being anything other than respect for Nolan. I see it as them saying thank you very much for the money, the quality and we aren't interested in anyone "sullying" your work. However, it is a character than has endured for decades and will continue to endure. I love Nolan's films in the same way that I love Jim Lee's work in the comics but it doesn't mean I don't want to see Fincher's take on the character for example or that I wouldn't love to see other artist's work on the book.

The character is far too big for one Director to have sole ownership of him. Look at Bond!

I see what your saying dude, believe me, I think Fincher is ideal to take Nolan's work on, mentioned that in other threads but my love for the Nolan films is a piece of history and should be held as a template not instantly de-faced within months of completion of The Nolan trilogy.

WB just need to slow down, take a deep breath and think before making 'any old shit' and then regretting it.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 16
RE: R RATE RISES - 30/3/2011 11:41:34 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

Tim Burton should get together with Keaton and Nicholson and make The Dark Knight Returns

Fincher would be a good director for the reboot, he sure can handle dark.
Post #: 17
RE: R RATE RISES - 30/3/2011 12:07:14 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

Tim Burton should get together with Keaton and Nicholson and make The Dark Knight Returns

Only problem is in Burton's bat-verse, Joker's dead!!!

Post #: 18
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 12:09:22 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

quote:

This is what I've been saying in the main Batman Films Future thread whenever this discussion of 'what happens next' came about.

In all seriousness though, whats wrong with this idea? It will give Nolan enough distance from the project so that when it comes to doing it will feel new and fresh (one of my only worries with 'Rises' is that theres a slight feeling of N being obliged to do it as opposed to wanting to do it).

And Warner should have the superman franchise for the next couple of years as there major money spinner, so we dont need another Bat film anytime soon. Just listen to reason!!

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 30/3/2011 12:11:47 PM >

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 19
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 12:22:02 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

quote:

In all seriousness though, whats wrong with this idea? It will give Nolan enough distance from the project so that when it comes to doing it will feel new and fresh (one of my only worries with 'Rises' is that theres a slight feeling of N being obliged to do it as opposed to wanting to do it).

And Warner should have the superman franchise for the next couple of years as there major money spinner, so we dont need another Bat film anytime soon. Just listen to reason!!

Heh, I don't mean the idea 'credibility', it clearly has with the team behind it prospectively, I meant simply waiting for 15 years would then make Bale in his early 50's, more realistic to the need for the age of Bruce in TDK Returns.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 20
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 12:26:04 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

last few posts

Sorry, i was agreeing with you as well there

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 21
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 12:41:25 PM   
evildave69

I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever. No one complained when Joel Schumacher rebooted it...until afterwards when they realised how bad it was. I agree up to a point that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but Batman Returns is an awesome film. What needs to be remembered is that a reboot isn't necessarily another origin story. I think that's been well and truly covered. All we need now is various writers, directors and actors telling the stories of different episodes in Batman's life, whether based on comic books or not. Batman is too big and too old to be owned by one director or played by one actor and his stories are too varied and packed with potential no to be covered in the movies.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 22
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 12:49:13 PM   
gadgetgav

I like the idea of a JLA film but they should concentrate on the other members for now (The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow etc) then in a few years when those have been done (properly) get them together for JLA that way if Batman needs reworking (even if just for the JLA film) Nolan's films won't be as fresh in our minds and they can take their time perfecting the JLA

(in reply to evildave69)
Post #: 23
RE: This could be okay - 30/3/2011 12:57:54 PM   
Wild about Wilder

I've always said JLA should be done in 3 parts original members in 1st 1 Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman & Martian Manhunter & choice out of Green Arrow, Hawkman/Hawkwoman & Black Canary. Then Supes joins up for 2nd & Bats joins for the 3rd that way you bring something new to each film.

(in reply to gadgetgav)
Post #: 24
RE: R RATE RISES - 30/3/2011 1:21:01 PM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

Sssshh

This is Burton we're talking about. Sh*t happens in Burton films. I thought Catwoman was dead, but the end of Returns speaks otherwise...

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 25
RE: R RATE RISES - 30/3/2011 1:34:08 PM   
musht

the way I see it there are two options, we can have a total reboot after TDKR that will be more camp and light so as to fit in with a Justice League universe or we can have other directors trying to tamper with Nolan's universe by making sequels that will possibly lack a lot of continuity. I'm happy enough with the reboot and sure if I don't like it I will always have Nolan's trilogy

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 26
RE: R RATE RISES - 30/3/2011 3:44:44 PM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

Sssshh

This is Burton we're talking about. Sh*t happens in Burton films. I thought Catwoman was dead, but the end of Returns speaks otherwise...

Yes it is Burton we're talking about, so my other concern would be not that shit happens in Burton films, it's that in recent years Burton films happen to be shit!!!!

Post #: 27
RE: TO EMPIRE - 30/3/2011 3:51:53 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

Why dont you just put a title up saying "positive comments only"? Since you remove any negative comments about your precious Nolan. FUCK YOU.FASCIST CUNTS.

Whooooa there big fella !!

Post #: 28
RE: TO EMPIRE - 30/3/2011 4:19:26 PM   
elab49

quote:

Why dont you just put a title up saying "positive comments only"? Since you remove any negative comments about your precious Nolan. FUCK YOU.FASCIST CUNTS.

A simple request would have elicited the information you seem to be seeking.

We have spammers on site. We have said this in quite a few of these threads but I think a lot of posters pop in for a specific story and often don't read all the posts. Because of the number of posts the spammer produces we have to use a 'delete all' function - this has the unfortunately side effect of taking some posts with it. But only, really, if you post on the main site. If eg you go into the forum proper and post in the relevant thread in the Movie News sections, and don't post to the spammer, then by and large your posts stays. That'll be the norm for most of the posts that remain in these threads. The 'delete all' function on the spammers ID really doesn't give a toss what the opinions are that have been removed, which does kind of undermine the conspiracy theories.

If you do go via the forum, BTW, could we request you pop into the Posting Rules thread while you're there? There's a bit on language you might find useful. Although, sadly, we don't reference Godwin's Law. We probably should though.

Ta

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome
Post #: 29
RE: TO EMPIRE - 30/3/2011 4:34:38 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

A simple request would have elicited the information you seem to be seeking.

We have spammers on site. We have said this in quite a few of these threads but I think a lot of posters pop in for a specific story and often don't read all the posts. Because of the number of posts the spammer produces we have to use a 'delete all' function - this has the unfortunately side effect of taking some posts with it. But only, really, if you post on the main site. If eg you go into the forum proper and post in the relevant thread in the Movie News sections, and don't post to the spammer, then by and large your posts stays. That'll be the norm for most of the posts that remain in these threads. The 'delete all' function on the spammers ID really doesn't give a toss what the opinions are that have been removed, which does kind of undermine the conspiracy theories.

If you do go via the forum, BTW, could we request you pop into the Posting Rules thread while you're there? There's a bit on language you might find useful. Although, sadly, we don't reference Godwin's Law. We probably should though.

Ta

Elab, YOU FASCIST TWUNT!

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Warners Rebooting Batman Again? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI