Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Amy Adams Lands Superman's Lois Lane

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Amy Adams Lands Superman's Lois Lane Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amy Adams Lands Superman's Lois Lane - 27/3/2011 8:28:36 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Amy Adams as Lois Lane - 27/3/2011 11:21:30 PM   
Scruffybobby

An interestting choice and not at all obvious. Adams is a great actress who can do both  tough and silly very well. I'm sure she'll be able to do sass as well. 
Post #: 2
RE: amy adams - 28/3/2011 8:51:12 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelblade

too old for the part.

This is what I was thinking in relation to Cavill, I know 36 ain't that old (it's my age !) but relatively spealking if we are talking 'Superman Begins' here by filling the gap of Smallville to Metropolis then in comparitive to Clark she's going to be not 'age appropiate'. She's going to have to play around 10-12 years younger than she is. Not a stretch but credibility could be found wanting here.

Great actress that could play the part well, don't get me wrong but will it work, I'm not sure.
Post #: 3
RE: amy adams - 28/3/2011 8:57:23 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

too old for the part.

This is what I was thinking in relation to Cavill, I know 36 ain't that old (it's my age !) but relatively spealking if we are talking 'Superman Begins' here by filling the gap of Smallville to Metropolis then in comparitive to Clark she's going to be not 'age appropiate'. She's going to have to play around 10-12 years younger than she is. Not a stretch but credibility could be found wanting here.

Great actress that could play the part well, don't get me wrong but will it work, I'm not sure.

I had the same thought, she may be age appropriate though depending on how Lois is written. This is going to be a new version after all so maybe there won't be a romance between the two, she could be Clark's friend/mentor at the Planet and for the latter it would make some sense for her to be a few years older than him. Then again if they do have a romance then what's the problem? She's hardly ancient and I'm sure Cavill can look and play older than he actually is.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 4
RE: amy adams - 28/3/2011 10:17:39 AM   
jmebaby25

Great choice. As for the age thing, I don't think it's too much of a problem. Margot Kidder looked about 40yrs old when she was 20. Hehe

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 5
RE: Man of Steel - 28/3/2011 12:13:09 PM   
Fuzzbap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Clay
Speaking of super hero movies, is it just me or does Thor and Cap. America look awful?

I'm with you on both, Bill. But let's reserve judgement, eh?

As for Amy Adams as Lois Lane...on the face of it a terrific choice. I really loved Superman Returns but Bosworth was the weak link for me. And if I look half as youthful as Ms Adams does when I hit 36 I'll be chuffed to bits.

Shut your mouth, or I shall fly at you like a bag of cocks.
Post #: 6
RE: Man of Steel - 28/3/2011 12:46:54 PM   
JIm R

I think we'll be getting villian news as well within the week

(in reply to Fuzzbap)
Post #: 7
RE: Man of Steel - 28/3/2011 4:10:05 PM   
Gillhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fuzzbap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Clay
Speaking of super hero movies, is it just me or does Thor and Cap. America look awful?

I'm with you on both, Bill. But let's reserve judgement, eh?

As for Amy Adams as Lois Lane...on the face of it a terrific choice. I really loved Superman Returns but Bosworth was the weak link for me. And if I look half as youthful as Ms Adams does when I hit 36 I'll be chuffed to bits.

I agree 100% with you both and fingers crossed we get Vigo for Zod!

(in reply to Fuzzbap)
Post #: 8
RE: Clark getting his cougar on - 28/3/2011 4:16:06 PM   
Gillhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: croninja

The wonders of modern CGI should be able to iron out any of Amy Adam's wrinkles to distract us from her dangerous proximity to the dreaded menopause.

I want wrinkles, I want seasoned and yes, I want MILF. Remember she is supposed to be an established reporter when Clark is the new kid on the block at the Planet. Clark (Kal El) also has a couple of skin care advantages, in the form of regenerating Kryptonian DNA.
Post #: 9
RE: amy adams - 28/3/2011 7:03:34 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

too old for the part.

I had the same thought, she may be age appropriate though depending on how Lois is written. This is going to be a new version after all so maybe there won't be a romance between the two, she could be Clark's friend/mentor at the Planet and for the latter it would make some sense for her to be a few years older than him. Then again if they do have a romance then what's the problem? She's hardly ancient and I'm sure Cavill can look and play older than he actually is.

Thing is though, why shouldn't Lois be the older party in a romantic relationship ? By the time Clark joins the Planet she's already a seasoned, experienced hack. It actually makes sense for her to have a few years on him. Besides if the age gap was the same but with Cavill being older no one would care. Why should it be an issue here?

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 28/3/2011 7:04:47 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 10
RE: amy adams - 28/3/2011 7:12:44 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Thing is though, why shouldn't Lois be the older party in a romantic relationship ? By the time Clark joins the Planet she's already a seasoned, experienced hack. It actually makes sense for her to have a few years on him. Besides if the age gap was the same but with Cavill being older no one would care. Why should it be an issue here
?

Exactly!

It makes perfect sense that she is older than Clark Kent, she is a known and respected reporter even before Clark turns up.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 11
RE: Mmm!!! - 29/3/2011 12:31:52 AM   
musht

It doesn't really matter to me personally but how do people feel bout her being a red head, are we all assuming she's going to dye . . . As I've said I don't really mind and don't follow the comics so possibly her hair colour isn't consistent but I remember the uproar over a blonde Bond

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"
Post #: 12
RE: Mmm!!! - 29/3/2011 3:09:57 PM   
Gillhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

It doesn't really matter to me personally but how do people feel bout her being a red head, are we all assuming she's going to dye . . . As I've said I don't really mind and don't follow the comics so possibly her hair colour isn't consistent but I remember the uproar over a blonde Bond

I'm with you musht, I've nothing against a bit of ginge on screen. The fan boys won't like it though, given the resemblance to that other famous superhero ginge bird, Mary Jane from Spiderman.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 13
RE: Mmm!!! - 29/3/2011 3:15:17 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Well this was quite a surprise to me. I have to say I think this was a very shrewd move by Zack Snyder. I love Amy Adams, I'm always 'enchanted' by her and she always lights up the screen for me. I was surprised since at this point, we don't know whether she'll keep her beautiful red hair for the role or not. It doesn't matter either way but my guess is Lois Lane will be a redhead. I think he's tinkering with certain elements of the Superman mythos without trampling over it all. At least it keeps things interesting. As for the age difference, she doesn't look old at all so I don't see an issue there. Besides, with Clark/Superman being Kryptonian and the inherent powers received from our yellow sun, he ages very slowly compared to the rest of us. 

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Gillhead)
Post #: 14
RE: Mmm!!! - 29/3/2011 4:55:56 PM   
The Hooded Man

Cavill could easily pass for someone in their early 30s as could she.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 15
RE: Mmm!!! - 29/3/2011 8:02:08 PM   
sanchia

One thing I hope there is a little bit more chemistry and passion to the character this time around and she is at least likable.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 16
RE: Mmm!!! - 1/4/2011 9:46:16 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Hopefully she'll dye her hair otherwise you might as well as just made her Lana Lang.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Amy Adams Lands Superman's Lois Lane Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI