Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gordon-Levitt On For Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gordon-Levitt On For Dark Knight Rises Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gordon-Levitt On For Dark Knight Rises - 20/3/2011 5:55:18 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 20/3/2011 6:58:27 PM   
crazypoker

Yes JGL! I'm gonna have to take spare pants to see this film!
Post #: 2
RE: Jobs for the boys? - 20/3/2011 11:07:20 PM   
RandyChimp

@Varkko Stush

It's called loyalty and friendship. If the persons right for the role and you know they'll play it well, you pick them. It's also part of Auteur Theory but that's really more for people looking in on a production rather than the directors themselves. For example, an Auteur uses the same style, crew and actors for multiple films. I wrote about how Nolan was an auteur for part of my film course, since, like you said, he prefers using the same actors in many films and has a set style to go by in each film.

"You should just contact the mayors office. He has a special signal that shines in the sky; it's in the shape of a giant cock!"
Post #: 3
RE: Nolan's way - 21/3/2011 4:36:50 PM   
BishopQuaker

I was wanting to get The Long Halloween but now it looks like I need to get it as a matter of urgency!

I have to say the name "The Holiday Killer" doesn't really fit in with some of the characters in Nolan's Bat-Universe, but thats only because it sounds a bit unimaginative - not Nolan's fault obviously!

Should be interesting to see how this works out.

My question is, is having Selina Kyle, Bane AND if we are right in thinking JGL is The Holiday Killer in the same film a bit much?
I thought Nolan would have had it sewn up with 1 Batman and two other major players, but adding a 3rd could make things interesting.

Post #: 4
RE: Nolan's way - 23/3/2011 12:12:13 PM   
BishopQuaker

Well that's The Long Halloween purchased.

And now to find out what the craic is.

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gordon-Levitt On For Dark Knight Rises Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI