Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Lincoln Lawyer - 18/3/2011 4:51:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: The Lincoln Lawyer - 18/3/2011 6:03:53 PM   
musht

"McConaughey doing what he does best", doesn't he take his shirt off in EVERY movie?

Looking forward to seeing this, just finished the book and I can that it should be easy enough to make into a film

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
old school thrills - 20/3/2011 9:02:23 PM   
tysmuse

Oh, how refreshing. Cracking stuff. McConaughey is the man. Also, nice to see a LA based thriller that only sees a gun fired twice. Why don't they make more like this?! Has a old-school 90's vibe to it.

Post #: 3
RE: old school thrills - 20/3/2011 11:15:37 PM   
JediBobster

Yeah, it would be nice to see more cases for Haller, whether on TV or in the cinema - but then I'd have happily watched a few more adventures of McConaughey's Dirk Pitt and the gang from Sahara too.

The Lincoln Lawyer was good stuff - if not particularly cinematic. It was breezy, clever and satisfying.

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 4
RE: old school thrills - 21/3/2011 12:18:59 PM   
musht

could have been a better adaptation of a book which I would thoroughly recommend but a solid enjoyable film all round and McConaughey was perfect casting for Haller

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to JediBobster)
Post #: 5
RE: old school thrills - 21/3/2011 4:31:46 PM   
AlanCJ

The Lincoln Lawyer was ok. It is just something about McConaughey that is repetitive and anoying at times. However, I think that he has raised the bar a bit in this movie.

A

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 6
RE: old school thrills - 27/3/2011 2:04:40 PM   
nhassell

Had nothing to see this weekend, so went to see this yesterday evening. Boy, am I glad I did. A really fun, entertaining thriller, that is not always predictable. Reccomend.

This Is The End - ***
Man Of Steel - ***
The Great Gatsby - ***
Iron Man 3 - ***
Evil Dead - ***

(in reply to AlanCJ)
Post #: 7
RE: The Lincoln Lawyer - 27/3/2011 6:57:30 PM   
captainrentboy

Just watched it, not too bad, although going from the trailers I was expecting something a bit more thriller-esque.
I thought Philleppe's character would end up being more menacing, whereas sadly he just kept coming across as a mild inconvenience now and again, rather than any sort of serious threat.
Worth a gander, although it could be enjoyed equally as much watching it at home when it hits DVD.
3/5.

Post #: 8
RE: The Lincoln Lawyer - 1/4/2011 9:05:49 AM   
robcas20

How come here it gets four stars, yet in the magazine it gets 3???

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 9
RE: The Lincoln Lawyer - 2/4/2011 5:35:48 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: robcas20

How come here it gets four stars, yet in the magazine it gets 3???

I noticed this as well . . . frankly I think 3 is more accurate though, the review in the mag is also shorter

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to robcas20)
Post #: 10
- 3/4/2011 4:19:04 AM   
blindlemonpie

Very enjoyable but instantly forgettable.

Post #: 11
SOLID STUFF - 7/4/2011 6:14:32 PM   
chrisdagnall

MCCONAUGHEY ON FORM......A DIFFERENT ANGLE IN THAT THE MOVIE'S MAIN CRIME IS AROUND A SERIOUS ASSAULT, RATHER THAN A MURDER (AS WITH EVERY OTHER THRILLER OF THIS TYPE)....

Post #: 12
RE: The Lincoln Lawyer - 12/4/2011 11:17:47 AM   
bid red mcneil

true grit was pulled early from our local cinema so went to see LL instead, didt have high hopes for it but was pleasantly surprised, genuinely didnt know how the film was going to finish, was mentioned above this it has a 90's vibe to it - have to agree, was a bit of a throwback, good stuff

"That was irrational of you... not to mention unsportsmanlike."

"Well it appears to me that there can't be too many guys driving around this valley with an ape."
Post #: 13
RE: The Lincoln Lawyer - 16/4/2011 8:20:43 PM   
myduilaw

this movie is great, a real movie, with matthew mcconaghey giving his first real performance in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/myduiattorney3

Post #: 14
Good but not Excellent - 17/7/2011 11:04:53 AM   
TheMovieAddict101

Apart from the odd moments where he tended to overact (a hard nosed lawyer hitting the bottle so soon? It was before his mate was shot, as well) It's refreshing to see Matthew McConaughey in something good for a change. I was hoping his streak of crap films would come to an end sometime, and they have. This was a slick, entertaining, stylish thriller with an awesome opening. Maybe next time they could perhaps straighten out the plot a bit next time, to get the most out of it.

Post #: 15
The Lincoln Lawyer: Review - 8/8/2011 2:42:32 AM   
Edward9630

The Lincoln Lawyer is a very good film. The story is just enjoyable to learn about and the actors did a solid performance for their characters. My only problem with this film is there isnt really any twists with the film on the predictable courtroom thriller formula. I would recommend to go see this film.

Post #: 16
YAWN...... - 1/11/2013 4:44:43 PM   
ROTGUT

This is the sort of highfalutin’ nonsense that only seems to exist in the minds of Hollywood script writers and novelists. A preposterous plot that seems to have been cudgelled from any number of TV episodes of CSI littered with ciphers and stereotypes by the bushel. The conflicted protagonist who “ does the right thing” because in the end “it’s the right thing to do”, his best friend investigator who has “dead meat “ plastered all over his forehead, the spoilt rich boy socialite who turns out to be a closet psycho together with his equally psychotic mother. The devoted ex-wife who balances a high flying legal career with single motherhood, the loyal chauffer/bodyguard who buses our hero around in the posh Lincoln of the title…….meh…… I just couldn’t summon up the will or enthusiasm to get excited about any of this because it all feels so recycled. But on the plus side – the soundtrack was quite nice. JAGGED EDGE & PRIMAL FEAR are both far better films……TWO STARS

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Lincoln Lawyer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI