Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 15/12/2011 1:13:27 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarletsmith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

Matt Smith

Oh, Hell no. Smith is amazing in Doctor Who. He's frankly the only reason I slogged through the last half of the previous series.

Ryan Reynolds makes me cringe when he tries to get serious. The man would just be better off embracing who he is--Van Wilder personified--and just going with it.

Oh hell yes. Tell you what, I'll take 'Scarlet' (Gillan is a redhead of course) and you take Smith. Not sure how you're going to change your name though.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to scarletsmith)
Post #: 181
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/1/2012 10:11:46 AM   
Classic_Dame

Of the top of my head Megan Fox and Robert Patterson annoy me....a lot

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 182
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 17/1/2012 4:00:22 PM   
mixtapes

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

This gentleman came up during a recent conversation in a pub. Two girls gushing over how fit he is and how sexy he is and ending with one girl stating she would 'Obliterate his cock' given the chance.

I don't get it either but I guess he's really got something. Herpes I expect. As an actor I think he's okay nothing special either.

I think it must be the hair. If you just look at his face, he looks so average. Why is he suddenly 'the hot guy' in films? I mean, I'm not a woman admittedly, but I can get a good idea of what 'handsome' means from other, 'swooned over' men. Brad Pitt, to use an obvious example, is undeniably an attractive man. He has very, um, chiseled, defined features.

Bradley Cooper looks like a little rat/emu person. Look at his pointy nose. I cannot for the life of me understand how he's built up this reputation as 'the hot guy'. I can only think it's his hair.

Shave it off, stick him in a vest and he's nothing. Photoshop, anyone? :D

Reading though the forums for first time in aaaaaages and just spat ferrero rocher everywhere laughing at this. A terrible Jennifer Aniston film was on this week with Bradders in it and his hair was quite short. Neither boyfriend nor I could believe how -let's say unappealing- he looked without his locks!
Think it was "He's Just Not That Into You". Terrible.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 183
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 18/1/2012 12:44:40 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Leonardo DiCaprio.

Because I'm not sure I've been quite clear on that.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to mixtapes)
Post #: 184
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 18/1/2012 12:46:17 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Clive Owen.

I just find him so wooden all the time, and he has such a monotonous voice. He sucked in Sin City and annoyed me the whole way through Children of Men.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 185
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 18/1/2012 1:08:40 PM   
FilthWizard

Russell Brand.

It's April. What do you expect?

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 186
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 18/1/2012 1:37:17 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

Never rated him.
Though saying that I found Bill and Ted humorously entertaining.

I like Die Hard 1 and 2.
I like Fith Element.
But the guy is a douche,I mean look a that douche smirk.

When he doe serious he's an Ok actor.
When he does silly/stupid then he's an embarrasment.

Not funny.

(in reply to FilthWizard)
Post #: 187
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/1/2012 11:22:34 PM   
genejoke

Will Ferrell.
Sarah Jessica Parker
Sandra Bullock

worst of all is Ellen Page.

possibly a side effect of watching Juno.

(in reply to DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT)
Post #: 188
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 23/1/2012 12:43:16 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

Never rated him.

You can't stand Alex Winter?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 189
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 23/1/2012 12:01:46 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Never rated him.

You can't stand Alex Winter?

Isnt he a director nowadays?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 190
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 23/1/2012 12:55:46 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

Clive Owen.

I just find him so wooden all the time, and he has such a monotonous voice. He sucked in Sin City and annoyed me the whole way through Children of Men.

I agree with this.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 191
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 5/2/2012 3:48:43 AM   
sanctumest

Recently, I have become deeply irritated by Pacino. He obviously has the skills, but he is getting so predictable in his delivery. All I see now is an almost palpable desire to dominate scenes. And as soon as he raises his voice, I cringe! That is unfair really because in some roles he has to be angry/hurt etc, but I can't help it.

I watched Donnie Brasco recently, and saw nuances of a wannabee top dog who just wasn't capable of moving forward. I can't think of a film since that where he has reigned himself in. Even in that film it was a performance that he just barely managed to keep the ferocity in check.

Tom Cruise is an unexplainable irritant too. He does what his role requires, but I can never root for him like I would for say Brad Pitt or DiCaprio. I know Leo gets slated on here regularly, but he's really grown into homself in the last few years.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 192
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 5/2/2012 6:22:44 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Orlando Bloom-in awful

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 5/2/2012 6:24:00 PM >

(in reply to sanctumest)
Post #: 193
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 5/2/2012 10:55:13 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanctumest

Recently, I have become deeply irritated by Pacino. He obviously has the skills, but he is getting so predictable in his delivery. All I see now is an almost palpable desire to dominate scenes. And as soon as he raises his voice, I cringe! That is unfair really because in some roles he has to be angry/hurt etc, but I can't help it.

I watched Donnie Brasco recently, and saw nuances of a wannabee top dog who just wasn't capable of moving forward. I can't think of a film since that where he has reigned himself in. Even in that film it was a performance that he just barely managed to keep the ferocity in check.

Tom Cruise is an unexplainable irritant too. He does what his role requires, but I can never root for him like I would for say Brad Pitt or DiCaprio. I know Leo gets slated on here regularly, but he's really grown into homself in the last few years.

Cruise is still a finer actor than the latter two could every be though for me.

(in reply to sanctumest)
Post #: 194
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 5/2/2012 11:05:14 PM   
sanctumest

Technically, I can't disagree with you Saltire. But I just can't forget it's him. Maybe it's they eyebrows, I'm from Liverpool and since desperate scousewives has been aired I've realised that I have a prejudice against the more generously eye browed amongst us.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 195
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 6/2/2012 12:28:07 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

He's now reduced himself to appearing in Adam Sandler "comedies".

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to sanctumest)
Post #: 196
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 6/2/2012 8:50:41 PM   
sanctumest

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

He's now reduced himself to appearing in Adam Sandler "comedies".

Maybe he's so busy being ferocious, he hasn't been able to follow de Niro's career curve. Pacino and Sandler in one film? Surely illegal.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 197
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 6/2/2012 10:45:42 PM   
Saltire

quote:

Technically, I can't disagree with you Saltire. But I just can't forget it's him. Maybe it's they eyebrows, I'm from Liverpool and since desperate scousewives has been aired I've realised that I have a prejudice against the more generously eye browed amongst us.

Haha, speaking as a bald person with a hair complex I can sort of agree

(in reply to sanctumest)
Post #: 198
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 7/2/2012 8:55:09 PM   
sanctumest

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

Haha, speaking as a bald person with a hair complex I can sort of agree

Right with you there my friend! The recent hailstorm we had here felt like having my head kicked in by tiny weeny men.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 199
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 8/2/2012 3:47:12 PM   
Vitamin F

Perlman.
Bloody Perlman.

I don't care how loved he is on this site, when I see his name on a film my interest dips slightly because he always seems to play the same smart-arse character who quips at the most inappropriate moments - the type of role that I detest in most films, bah-humbug.

On a positive note, Ron, even you didn't manage to ruin Drive despite being the weakest link.

(in reply to sanctumest)
Post #: 200
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 8/2/2012 5:26:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

Perlman.
Bloody Perlman.

I don't care how loved he is on this site, when I see his name on a film my interest dips slightly because he always seems to play the same smart-arse character who quips at the most inappropriate moments - the type of role that I detest in most films, bah-humbug.

On a positive note, Ron, even you didn't manage to ruin Drive despite being the weakest link.

His role in The City of Lost Children is different.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 201
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 9/2/2012 12:25:09 AM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Perlman.
Bloody Perlman.

Ah, but that's 15yr+ vintage Perlman
And actually that film annoyed more than entertained me at the time, not seen since...may rewatch.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 202
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 9/2/2012 12:49:44 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perlman.
Bloody Perlman.

Ah, but that's 15yr+ vintage Perlman
And actually that film annoyed more than entertained me at the time, not seen since...may rewatch.

City of Lost Children is 'marmite' in my house.
You either like it or hate it.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 203
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/2/2012 12:36:49 PM   
st3veebee

I feel a bit thick now: I love Perlman but haven't even heard of City of Lost Children. Presume its worth a watch then?

On the AYCBS front:

Eddie Redmayne from Birdsong and My Week with Marilyn. I think it's his mouth: just cant stand the look of him.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 204
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/2/2012 1:30:40 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I feel a bit thick now: I love Perlman but haven't even heard of City of Lost Children. Presume its worth a watch then?

On the AYCBS front:

Eddie Redmayne from Birdsong and My Week with Marilyn. I think it's his mouth: just cant stand the look of him.

City of lost children was created by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who also did Amelie and Alien: Resurection.
His visual style is qwerky,gritty and can be somewhat uncomfortable for a certain audience.
Personally im indifferent to his visual and directing style,theres certainly alot of black humour in his works while also adding a pinch of cynicism in his productions.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 13/2/2012 1:31:45 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 205
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/2/2012 2:58:50 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

On the AYCBS front:

City of lost children was created by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who also did Amelie and Alien: Resurection.
His visual style is qwerky,gritty and can be somewhat uncomfortable for a certain audience.
Personally im indifferent to his visual and directing style,theres certainly alot of black humour in his works while also adding a pinch of cynicism in his productions.

..and now I feel even thicker. Amelie is possibly my favourite film of all time! Must check that out so.

Latest Films:

Post #: 206
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/2/2012 4:08:15 PM   
Whistler

Rainn Wilson. Something about him just pisses me off.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 207
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/2/2012 4:33:47 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Rainn Wilson. Something about him just pisses me off.

His face. That expression that never changes. Used to like him in The Office but for the love of God, please change the record Mr. Wilson.

ZOOEY BLOODY DESCHANEL. Please stop trying to be Kooky all the frickin time. You are not geek-chic you are just talentless (if quite pretty) bore.

Honestly, watch her in interviews....nothing going on upstairs.

Latest Films:

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 208
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/2/2012 5:57:24 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

keira knightley

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 209
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 26/2/2012 4:58:40 AM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

Never rated him.

I like Die Hard 1 and 2.
I like Fith Element.
But the guy is a douche,I mean look a that douche smirk.

When he doe serious he's an Ok actor.
When he does silly/stupid then he's an embarrasment.

Not funny.

I like Wlliams (though not his stand up comedy), but otherwise this is a solid list. Willis has done good work, but he's been phoning it in for a long time and I am bored by the sight of him at this point. I too feel that Will Ferrell is unfunny, but I thought he was a good dramatic actor in STRANGER THAN FICTION. His humor could be funny if he had any self restraint, but he milks every joke and is constantly mugging for the camera, and so I find him extremely irritating.

I'd like to put forth Henry Cavill as a talent unworthy of his luck. I base this only on his work in THE TUDORS. He's bland as bland can be, and while I'm glad Bond dodged a bullet when he was passed over by EON, I feel sorry he's been inflicted on SUPERMAN, a superhero who deserves better than the likes of Cavill.

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI