Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 8/8/2011 6:50:19 PM   
Con Broccolli

Orlando Bloom and Sam Worthington. Because you can SEE them acting. They got lucky. Really really lucky. 

"I was building a house. I don't deserve this!"
"Deserves got nuthin to do with it"

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 151
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/8/2011 2:18:15 PM   
st3veebee

In fairness to any pretty faced actor who can't: it is just as much the casting department and whoever else agrees to let them star in films fault as the talentless ones themselves.

I do not understand how people can find this guy funny. Shockingly bad in Horrible Bosses.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Con Broccolli)
Post #: 152
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/8/2011 3:09:37 PM   
jon5000

Bradley Cooper.

It's not that he's a bad actor per say, or annoys me per say... it's just the whole THIS MAN IS THE HANDSOME ONE AND HE IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR GIRLFRIEND market that he seems to have cornered.

I don't think he's that handsome personally. I had a conversation with some friends about him the other day:

Me: 'I genuinely do not understand what women see in Bradley Cooper.'

Friend: 'Money, good looks, probly got a bigger penis than urs and mine put together. oh and he's in the A-team.'

Me 'If you shave his hair off he just looks like a big nosed, pointy faced average person. It's just flattering angles. He's not my type. At all.'

Friend 'i dunno, u might have hit the nail on the head there then... he has nice hair'

Me 'That's all it is. I genuinely believe film has the power to hypnotise women into liking anyone. Put him in a vest, make him bald and he's nothing. Like me :('

Friend 'So you judge a man good looks by how he looks in a vest and bald??

Me 'Yes, I think that's the ultimate yard stick. If you can pull that off you're a real man. Bruce Willis is a very handsome man. As is Sir Jason Statham. I'm just sayin Bradley Cooper couldn't pull it off. He's a pointy nosed fraud, hiding behind some nice hair'

Friend 'Phil Mitchell.'

Me 'Now we're talking.'

Other Friend: 'You could have someones eye out with that beak. He looks like an emu.'

Me 'Women will be shocked when they find out he's actually a flightless bird living among us in plain sight. In a wig.'

Other Other Friend 'He's just a rogue emu in a wig. With money. Don't be fooled!'

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 153
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/8/2011 4:28:07 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

Bradley Cooper.

It's not that he's a bad actor per say, or annoys me per say... it's just the whole THIS MAN IS THE HANDSOME ONE AND HE IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR GIRLFRIEND market that he seems to have cornered.

I don't think he's that handsome personally. I had a conversation with some friends about him the other day:

Me: 'I genuinely do not understand what women see in Bradley Cooper.'

Friend: 'Money, good looks, probly got a bigger penis than urs and mine put together. oh and he's in the A-team.'

Me 'If you shave his hair off he just looks like a big nosed, pointy faced average person. It's just flattering angles. He's not my type. At all.'

Friend 'i dunno, u might have hit the nail on the head there then... he has nice hair'

Me 'That's all it is. I genuinely believe film has the power to hypnotise women into liking anyone. Put him in a vest, make him bald and he's nothing. Like me :('

Friend 'So you judge a man good looks by how he looks in a vest and bald??

Me 'Yes, I think that's the ultimate yard stick. If you can pull that off you're a real man. Bruce Willis is a very handsome man. As is Sir Jason Statham. I'm just sayin Bradley Cooper couldn't pull it off. He's a pointy nosed fraud, hiding behind some nice hair'

Friend 'Phil Mitchell.'

Me 'Now we're talking.'

Other Friend: 'You could have someones eye out with that beak. He looks like an emu.'

Me 'Women will be shocked when they find out he's actually a flightless bird living among us in plain sight. In a wig.'

Other Other Friend 'He's just a rogue emu in a wig. With money. Don't be fooled!'

This gentleman came up during a recent conversation in a pub. Two girls gushing over how fit he is and how sexy he is and ending with one girl stating she would 'Obliterate his cock' given the chance.

I don't get it either but I guess he's really got something. Herpes I expect. As an actor I think he's okay nothing special either.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 154
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/8/2011 7:09:00 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

This gentleman came up during a recent conversation in a pub. Two girls gushing over how fit he is and how sexy he is and ending with one girl stating she would 'Obliterate his cock' given the chance.

I don't get it either but I guess he's really got something. Herpes I expect. As an actor I think he's okay nothing special either.

I think it must be the hair. If you just look at his face, he looks so average. Why is he suddenly 'the hot guy' in films? I mean, I'm not a woman admittedly, but I can get a good idea of what 'handsome' means from other, 'swooned over' men. Brad Pitt, to use an obvious example, is undeniably an attractive man. He has very, um, chiseled, defined features.

Bradley Cooper looks like a little rat/emu person. Look at his pointy nose. I cannot for the life of me understand how he's built up this reputation as 'the hot guy'. I can only think it's his hair.

Shave it off, stick him in a vest and he's nothing. Photoshop, anyone? :D

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 155
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 22/8/2011 8:36:43 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I like his eyes and his smile, for what it's worth.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 156
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 26/8/2011 2:52:50 AM   
st3veebee

I don't actually mind Bradley Cooper: he has that effortless charm thing down. No idea if he can actually act or not, or if he even cares, but I can think of far more annoying "handsome leading funny man" types. One mentioned above. His name rhymes with Mason Mudeikis.

Neil Patrick Harris is a bit of a pain in the arse too. Again set up as the stud-type guy in How I met your mother and then uses his fame to garner such sought after roles as the Smurfs film...

And yes I know he is gay.

Latest Films:

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 157
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 1/9/2011 11:48:20 AM   
ak1990

I can't stand Mel Gibson. Mediocre acting and I'm sorry, but I think his homophobia and racism stinks.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 158
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 1/9/2011 11:37:38 PM   
Saltire

Unbelievable, he is everywhere!! Finally got round to seeing Harry Potter 7 part 2 today and before it even came on, the first advert for the bloody Olympics had him as a narrator! He was also (thankfully briefly) in the film!! There was also a trailer for The Iron Lady with Meryl Streep (!?!) playing Thatcher, and we all know who's playing her husband....

JIM-bloody-BROADBENT                  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

He's the bane of my life atm!

(in reply to ak1990)
Post #: 159
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 28/9/2011 11:39:38 AM   
Skillgannon

I think some of these have already been mentioned so its not just me they annoy:

Adam Sandler - same role in every film!
Danny Dyer - he is an actor? rhymes with banker more like
Sarah Jessica Parker - no, no, no she looks like a horse (no offence meant to Red rum or Shergar)

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 160
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 30/9/2011 5:27:06 PM   
st3veebee

SJP is a joke nowadays, but used to star in quite interesting films like Ed Wood and obviously Hocus Pocus.

Sam Worthington, while too bland to incite genuine hate, just leaves me stumped. How is he in such high class films/roles with great actors?

Latest Films:

(in reply to Skillgannon)
Post #: 161
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 1/10/2011 6:52:59 PM   
Herr Schnitzel

Tom Cruise (has never convinced my in as anything in anything)

John Travolta (used to like him when he was young, now he is a rancid old ham)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (still acts like a child actress. you can always see what she's about to do in her face before it happens)

Denzel Washington (people seem to love him but I find him charmless and humourless. he sucks the joy from every frame)

Seth Rogen (really, why ? just being fat doesn't make you funny)

Tim Robbins (another one who i liked when he was young. now i find him mostly very mannered)

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 162
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 1/10/2011 11:50:16 PM   
gunstar

This guy. It's not a 'God I hate him, he's so overrated blah, blah, blah...' thing. It's a 'Can't look at him on the screen because he gives me the heebeejeebees' thing. And not in a good way.

He actually scares me.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Herr Schnitzel)
Post #: 163
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 2/10/2011 12:28:57 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Agree about Ryan R. There is somthing about him...

I didn't mind him in Orange County. Thought he was okay in the film but as he's gotten older he's starting to werid me out. He's like some freaky clone of his dad. Gives me the creeps. I think he nicked his dads acting style as he's gotten older.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 164
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 2/10/2011 12:34:29 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Used to like Olivia Wilde but going off interviews and based on her ability I think she takes herself wayyyy too seriously and I wouldn't say she's that great to be honest.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 2/10/2011 12:35:33 AM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 165
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 2/10/2011 2:36:54 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: ak1990

I can't stand Mel Gibson. Mediocre acting and I'm sorry, but I think his homophobia and racism stinks.

He's homophobic now too? And he partnered with Danny Glover for 4 films so that doesn't really class as racist behaviour.

Hate this guy...

Not actually seen any of his films but he's such a smug looking twat you just wanna kick him in the balls, hard!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to ak1990)
Post #: 166
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 2/10/2011 9:24:15 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Id be smug to if I looked like him and had that level of fame. Who wouldnt??

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 167
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 3/10/2011 11:07:49 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Used to like Olivia Wilde but going off interviews and based on her ability I think she takes herself wayyyy too seriously and I wouldn't say she's that great to be honest.

The reason I stopped watching House; when she resurfaced mid-season 7 I switched off, cba going through all that shit with her again just trying to pose in every shot.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 168
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 3/10/2011 11:22:07 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

The reason I stopped watching House; when she resurfaced mid-season 7 I switched off, cba going through all that shit with her again just trying to pose in every shot.

I like her, but after seeing Cowboys and Aliens, someone drew attention to the fact that she has a rather large forehead.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 169
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 4/10/2011 5:48:46 PM   
unlisshed

Tom Cruise (creepy), Russell Crowe (angry) and Orlando Bloom (over-rated) are my top three.

On a side note, while I do admit that Sam Worthington is not the best actor around, I find him enjoyable to watch. There's something really honest about him.

Post #: 170
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 29/11/2011 1:00:26 AM   
hopefuldreamer

Actors: Russel Brand (OMG I can't even look at him) and Adam Sandler

Actresses: Anne Hathaway (OMG I can't even look at here) and Anna Paquin

(in reply to unlisshed)
Post #: 171
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 29/11/2011 1:36:42 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: unlisshed

Tom Cruise (creepy), Russell Crowe (angry) and Orlando Bloom (over-rated) are my top three.

Was Orlando Bloom ever held in high regard in the first place?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to unlisshed)
Post #: 172
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 6:04:31 PM   
scarletsmith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Top of my list. Frankly I cannot remember the last time he was in anything I genuinely enjoyed (that is, not in a mock-the-thing-to-death-or-die-of-boredom way).

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 173
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 6:14:40 PM   
scarletsmith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

Matt Smith

Oh, Hell no. Smith is amazing in Doctor Who. He's frankly the only reason I slogged through the last half of the previous series.

Ryan Reynolds makes me cringe when he tries to get serious. The man would just be better off embracing who he is--Van Wilder personified--and just going with it.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 174
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 7:59:47 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarletsmith

Ryan Reynolds makes me cringe when he tries to get serious. The man would just be better off embracing who he is--Van Wilder personified--and just going with it.

No no no.

Buried proved that Ryan can do serious, he was amazing in that film.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to scarletsmith)
Post #: 175
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 8:45:51 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

I don't think he was, but I'm going to stick up for Bloom here and say he did a solid job in KoH, and he wasn't the worst thing about Elizabethtown either.

< Message edited by superdan -- 13/12/2011 8:46:50 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 176
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 9:44:14 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

I don't think he was, but I'm going to stick up for Bloom here and say he did a solid job in KoH, and he wasn't the worst thing about Elizabethtown either.

I know the film was hated by pretty much everyone, but I liked him ine The Three Musketeers, he was very funny.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 177
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 9:53:09 PM   
superdan

I'd forgotten he was in 3 Musketeers  Yeah, he was ok in that too. Everyone was, actually, especially the God that is Ray Stevenson.

Post #: 178
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 13/12/2011 11:11:47 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

No, that was Kirsten Dunst.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 179
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 14/12/2011 6:04:44 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

I'd forgotten he was in 3 Musketeers  Yeah, he was ok in that too. Everyone was, actually, especially the God that is Ray Stevenson.

I quite enjoyed it, for a silly film that you don't have to think about too much. I think people need to cast Orlando Bloom as baddies like that more often, he was great.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI