Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 17/2/2013 3:49:11 AM   
england_cmr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Do you hate Sandler even in his better films?

I've yet to see any films that he's been in that I considered good I'm afraid. Films of his that I've seen are the Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, 50 First Dates, Just Go With It and Click. I found him too annoying in them all that I couldn't enjoy him. I'm pretty sure these are all generally considered to be awful though? If there is an actually good film he's been in feel free to point me in the right direction and I'll happily check it out. My opinion could totally change! See: Anne Hathaway. Didn't rate her, then the double whammy of Catwoman and Les Miserables happened.

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 361
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 17/2/2013 10:39:03 AM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: no1psh

Paul Walker
Vin Diesel
Nicholas Cage
Owen Wilson(A Popular Choice)
Adrian Grenier
Ben Stiller
Sam Jackson
Canning Tatum

Awww come on : he was brilliant in 21 Jump St. ! Never thought much before that, so if you haven't seen it: he is genuinely hilarious in it.

The actual comedian in that film (J. Hill) was terrible, ironically after being very good playing it straight in MoneyBall.

Heres the problem, many actors I cannot stand have actually done the odd good movie, for example Bale overacts and has put in some poor performances, but in the Machinist and American Psycho I thought he was excellent, Tatum looks less good in action but I liked him 21 Jump Street. Cage hasn't done a decent movie in years but I liked him in Leaving Las Vegas, Freeman is just playing Freeman these days, doesn't matter what the film he always Morgan Freeman,never acts, I don't get the love for Dwaine The Rock, he was ok in The Other Guys but his acting is actually very wooden, personally I now following one decent turn in Pirates find Depp generally a one trick pony, but you can't deny him the first pirates movie.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 362
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 24/5/2013 7:57:42 AM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Talentless twat.Oh look he acts like Keith Richards and fumbles all over the place and thats so fucking FUNNY!

I find it amusing that the same people who endlessly complain about Jar Jar Binks think Depp is actually funny in this role.

I cant remember the name of the writer who was interviewed in Empire some time ago but he said it best when he said ''Johnny Depp is inherently unmasculine,iv never beleived him in anything''.

I think I've only watched 3 Depp films in there entirety, personally I think he's appeared in some crap.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 363
RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND - 24/5/2013 8:03:27 AM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: film_addict1129

such a great message board for a rant, me thinks!
i absolutely HATE Sarah Jessica Parker, Jim Carrey and Owen Wilson - they may be decent actors (except perhaps SJP) but there is something about them that just annoys me so much that i struggle to watch some of their films....Jim Carrey especially!
and as for Nicolas Cage, well he's just gone straight down the toilet doing stupid roles in stupid films!

Jim Carrey went from my favourite actor to one I couldn't stand very quickly, Nicholas Cage has made some real crap of late.

(in reply to film_addict1129)
Post #: 364
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Actors you CANNOT BLOODY STAND Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI