Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 1:33:36 PM   
DUMBO

A definitive Superman collection all four fillms in full hi def out June 13 2011

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Complete-Superman-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/product/B004MYF6YK?SubscriptionId=0AKK26D74VRPDADHKP02&tag=bluraycom-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004MYF6YK

< Message edited by DUMBO -- 14/3/2011 1:34:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 2:59:11 PM   
jediwarrior

All five films you mean, unless you're not including Superman 4 which I don't blame you

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 2
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 3:37:08 PM   
pete_traynor

No metal tin! That’s a shame as the recent(ish) DVD set looked lovely.

That’s what we want… just with BD’s

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 3
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 3:41:38 PM   
adambatman82

I actually really like the new packaging. The tin looks a little tacky.

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 4
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 4:15:51 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

To each his own I suppose and I do like a little tack every now and again Adam . But I think the new packaging looks a little gaudy and cheap. But hopefully it will have a nice inner sleeve, something like the US Alien blu Ray box would be nice for fans.

But don't think that I'll be getting this mind. As wonderful as 1 and 2 are, I just won't play them that often enough to justify the expense. After all, Superman is on Chanel 5 about three times a month! Already own Returns on Blu Ray and hasn't had a spin in quite some time now…

And there's bound to be a 1978-2012 set before long too!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 14/3/2011 4:16:12 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 5
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 6:04:39 PM   
JIm R

Are there any new extras being put out, as I've got the recent silver tin version and see no point in buying again, as Pete says, bound to be another set in a few years time to tie in with Cavill's interpretation.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 6
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 7:50:52 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Meh, the tin is awesome - this BR packaging looks quite bland IMO.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 7
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/3/2011 7:59:11 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Agree on both counts.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 8
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 15/3/2011 7:57:11 AM   
vader100

If you have the tin, get the bluray set and put the BD discs in it.

You can't take the sky from me

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 16/3/2011 11:54:51 AM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

All five films you mean, unless you're not including Superman 4 which I don't blame you

All four films,not including Superman Returns and who could blame him?

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 10
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 16/3/2011 12:09:32 PM   
DUMBO

I never seen Superman Returns

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 11
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 16/3/2011 2:59:53 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: DUMBO

Unless you are suffering from insomnia,I'd advise you to avoid watching it.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 12
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 16/3/2011 3:18:04 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

its way better than 'the quest for peace'. check it when its on bbc3 sometime.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 13
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 16/3/2011 4:43:01 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

its way better than 'the quest for peace'. check it when its on bbc3 sometime.

Parts of Superman Returns are good but went abit crap in the last 30 odd minutes

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 14
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 1/4/2011 10:17:51 AM   
JIm R

Content Details of Blu-Ray from superherohype.com.....

Superman, the cultural icon and quintessential superhero, is back in a big way. In a powerhouse year marked by the theatrical releases of several major superhero films including Warner Bros.' Green Lantern, his arrival couldn't be more perfectly timed. Warner Home Video (WHV) is celebrating the year of the superhero with the June 7 release of Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology (1978-2006) on Blu-ray.

For the first time, fans will be able to own one super-entertaining Blu-ray collection with all four original theatrical Superman films starring Christopher Reeve (available for the first time in high def), Superman Returns, and the two alternate versions of Superman I and Superman II. Available now in superb hi-def, with new digital/hi-def film masters, the must-own comprehensive Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology (1978-2006) on Blu-ray includes all six versions of the films in the original Superman theatrical franchise -- Superman: The Movie – Original Theatrical, Superman:  The Movie – Expanded Edition, Superman II – Original Theatrical, Superman II – The Richard Donner Cut, Superman III – Original Theatrical, Superman IV – Original Theatrical, plus Superman Returns. The Collection also boasts 20 hours of bonus features including the never-before-seen original opening to Superman Returns.

Also included are two documentaries in hi-def, Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman and The Science of Superman, as well as You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman, deleted scenes, and much more. Fan-boys and technophiles will especially appreciate that all of the Superman films are being released with English DTS-HD-MA soundtrack for superior sound quality.

Also included is Movie Cash good up to $8 off one admission ticket to see the newest Warner Bros. superhero film, Green Lantern, at participating theaters between June 17, 2011 and July 3, 2011.  The eight-disc collection will be available for $129.95 SRP. Orders are due May 3, 2011. Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology is also available On Demand and for download through online retailers including iTunes and Amazon on Demand.About The FilmsSuperman: The Original Theatrical Movie (1978) and Expanded Edition (2001)A box-office smash, an Academy AwardÒ winner and a fan favorite since it first flew into theatres in December 1978, Superman: The Movie assembles a cast and creative contingent as only a big movie can. At its heart (just as in three sequels) is Christopher Reeve's intelligent, affectionate portrayal of a most human Man of Steel.

Variety called Superman "a wonderful, chuckling, preposterously exciting fantasy."The movie's legacy soared even higher when director Richard Donner revisited this beloved adventure 22 years later and integrated eight additional minutes into the film. Enjoy more footage of the Krypton Council, a glimpse of stars of prior Superman incarnations, more of Jor-El underscoring his son's purpose on Earth and an extended sequence inside Lex Luthor's gauntlet of doom. Reeve, Marlon Brando (Jor-El), Gene Hackman (Luthor) and Margot Kidder (Lois Lane) give indelible performances that fuel the film's aura of legend. Disc #1·   Superman: The Movie, Original Theatrical·   Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler (Original Theatrical Version)·   The Making of Superman: The Movie [1978 TV special]·   Superman and the Mole-Men [1951 feature]·   Warner Bros. Cartoonso Super-Rabbit [1943 WB cartoon]o Snafuperman [1944 WB cartoon]o Stupor Duck [1956 WB cartoon]·   TrailersDisc #2Superman: The Movie, Expanded Edition Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz (Extended Version) Taking Flight: The Development of Superman Making Superman: Filming the Legend The Magic Behind the Cape Screen Tests Superman Lois Lane with Optional Commentary Ursa A Selection of Restored Scenes Additional Music Cues Main Titles Alternate Main Titles The Council's Decision The Krypton Quake More Mugger/Introducing Otis Air Force One Can You Read My Mind (Pop Version) Music Only Track (Donner Cut)  Superman II (1980 and The Richard Donner Cut)"I thought the original Superman was terrific entertainment," the Chicago Sun-Times' Roger Ebert wrote, "and so I was a little startled to discover that I liked Superman II even more." Unwittingly released from Phantom Zone imprisonment, three super-powered Kryptonian criminals (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas and Jack O'Halloran) plan to enslave Earth – just when Superman (Christopher Reeve) decides to show a more romantic side to Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) also returns from the first film and with a top supporting cast, witty Richard Lester direction and visuals that astound and delight.Superman II -The Richard Donner Cut delighted fans who, for years, had been imploring Warner Home Video to release the Donner cut. In fact, the director had already shot most of the Superman II footage during Superman: The Movie.

But as production on the sequel continued, creative differences between the director and the film's producers became irreconcilable and Donner left the project. Although Richard Lester was hired to finish production, he chose to make major changes to the film, leaving only vestiges of Donner's original vision and concepts in the version of Superman II that was ultimately released to theaters.

Nearly thirty years later, Warner Home Video was delighted to grant the wishes of countless Superman fans. With this DVD release, Richard Donner had become the first director in history to be able to complete a film he left during production with nearly all his footage "in the can." Adding back a substantial amount of that unused footage, the director has seen his original vision restored and brought to fruition. Most notably, the "Donner cut" restores the Marlon Brando role, filmed for, but not included in the final theatrical release version of Superman II.

The legendary Brando's performance as Jor-El has finally been restored in key scenes that amplify the Superman lore and deepen the profound relationship between father and son.With so many other changes, large and small, including a variety of Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) schemes to unmask Clark Kent as Superman, this Superman II proved to be an eye-opening experience and an important addition to film history. Disc #3·   Superman II, Original Theatrical·   Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler (Original Theatrical Version)·   The Making of Superman II [1980 TV special]·   Deleted Scene·   First Flight: The Fleischer Superman Series·   Fleischer Studios' Supermano   Supermano   The Mechanical Monsterso   Billion Dollar Limitedo   The Arctic Gianto   The Bulleteerso   The Magnetic Telescopeo   Electric Earthquakeo   Volcanoo   Terror on the Midway·   Theatrical TrailerDisc #4Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz (Donner Cut) Introduction by Richard Donner Superman II: Restoring the Vision Deleted Scenes Famous Studios' Superman Japoteurs Showdown Eleventh Hour Destruction, Inc The Mummy Strikes Jungle Drums The Underground World Secret Agent  Superman III Theatrical Version (1983)

After Superman: The Movie's epic storytelling and Superman II's awesome battles, how could the first two hits be topped?

In Superman III, meet Gus Gorman (Richard Pryor), a half-witted computer programming natural. For him a keyboard is a weapon – and Superman faces the microelectronic menace of his life. Christopher Reeve reprises his most beloved role, deepening his character's human side as Clark Kent reunites with old flame Lana Lang (Annette O'Toole) at a Smallville High class reunion. And when Superman becomes his own worst enemy after Kryptonite exposure, Reeve pulls off both roles with dazzling skill. Incredible visual effects abound – but above all it has heart, heroism and high-flying humor. All in superabundance. Disc #5·  Superman III Theatrical Version·  Commentary by Iilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler·  The Making of Superman III (1983 TV Special)·  Deleted Scenes·  Theatrical Trailer

Superman IV The Quest For Peace Theatrical Version (1987) Christopher Reeve not only dons the cape for the fourth time but also helped develop the movie's provocative theme: nuclear disarmament. "For me, it's the most personal of the entire series," Reeve said. "It directly reflects what Superman should be, and should be doing." Superman does a lot this time around. To make the world safe for nuclear arms merchants, Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) creates a new being to challenge the Man of Steel: the radiation-charged Nuclear Man (Mark Pillow). The two foes clash in an explosive extravaganza that sees Superman save the Statue of Liberty, plug a volcanic eruption of Mount Etna and rebuild the demolished Great Wall of China.

Disc #6·  Superman IV The Quest For Peace Theatrical Version·  Commentary by Mark Rosenthal·  Superman 50th Anniversary Special (1988 TV Special)·  Deleted Scenes·  Theatrical TrailerSuperman Returns (2006)He's back. A hero for our millennium. And not a moment too soon, because during the five years (much longer in movie-fan years!) Superman sought his home planet, things changed on his adopted planet. Nations moved on without him. Lois Lane now has a son, a fiancé and a Pulitzer for "Why the World Doesn't Need Superman." And Lex Luthor has a plan that will destroy millions - no, billions - of lives.Filmmaker Bryan Singer (X-Men) gives the world the Superman it needs, honoring the legend everyone loves while taking it in a powerful new direction. Brandon Routh proves a perfect choice to wear the hero's cape, leading a top cast that includes Kate Bosworth as Lois and Kevin Spacey as Lex. And the thrills - from a sky-grapple with a tumbling jumbo jet to a continent-convulsing showdown - redefine Wow.

Disc #7·  Superman Returns·  Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returnso   Pt. 1 Secret Origins and First Issues: Crystallizing Supermano   Pt. 2 The Crystal Method: Designing Supermano   Pt. 3 An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman- Superman on the Farmo   Pt. 4 An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman- Superman in the Cityo   Pt. 5 An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman- Superman in Perilo   Pt. 6 The Joy of Lex: Menacing Supermano   Pt. 7 He's Always Around: Wrapping Superman·  Resurrecting Jor-El ·  Deleted Scenes including the never-before-seen original opening to Superman Returns·  Bryan Singer's Journals – Video production journals ·  TrailersDisc #8 Additional Bonus Material·  Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman [Hi-Def] ·  You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Supermano  Pt. 1- Origino  Pt. 2- Visiono  Pt. 3- Ascento  Pt. 4- Crisiso  Pt. 5- Redemption·  The Science of Superman [Hi-Def] ·  The Mythology of Superman·  The Heart of a Hero: A Tribute to Christopher Reeve·  The Adventures of Superpup [1958 TV pilot]SUPERMAN: THE MOTION PICTURE ANTHOLOGY ON BLU-RAY

Basically, if you own the Metallic Box-set from 2006, there is really no need to shell out for this, I was hoping for new content but it's virtually a replica from this information, the only possible diffeence, I've highlighted in red from the extras in the Superman Returns discs. How different the never seen before opening to the film is, compared to what's already on the existing special features disc I don't know.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 1/4/2011 10:21:38 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 1/4/2011 5:54:07 PM   
directorscut

They used "fan-boys" in a professionally written industry announcement?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 16
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 1/4/2011 7:00:43 PM   
captainrentboy

Only £30 over at Sainsburys, so I got my other half to get it for my b'day.
Haven't got any of them on Blu Ray, currently only have the first DVD boxset of 1-4 (not even the groovy tin edition) so it's worth the upgrade for me.
Didn't Singer's mysterious, Krypton set, opener cost a bloody fortune to make? I always thought it was strange that it got edited out of the finished film.

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 17
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 1/4/2011 8:58:13 PM   
darth silas

Shame.They could have used this opportunity to make a new special edition cut of Superman 4.If They restore a lot of the deleted footage and upgrade the fx it would be quite a decent film.They can leave out the Nuclear Man 1 footage though

At the very least i hope they remove the visible wires from the sequels.Something went wrong in releasing these movies to dvd cosi never notivced the wires in tv broadcasts.

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 18
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 1/4/2011 11:29:02 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

Didn't Singer's mysterious, Krypton set, opener cost a bloody fortune to make? I always thought it was strange that it got edited out of the finished film.

Singer's first cut of the film was allegedly 2hr 55m long, hence the cutting.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 19
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 2:32:57 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Great Silver Screen article from Bluray.com about the origons of Superman and the story of Superman The Movie and its success with rare behind the scenes pictures linked below. Got the complete blu ray set today and can`t wait to watch it. Had The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection and Superman Returns two disc dvd before as I couldn`t afford the complete tin set with the extra feature length documentries which when released was something like £70. Getting this blu ray set for £29 from Sainsburys was a must buy for me. Interesting to see with one of the feature length documentries it actually has sections dealing with the burnout of the franchise which is very honest of them and brave even though we all know that Superman 3 was weaker but to me still fun and Superman 4 was just crap (and Supergirl is rubbish too) . I suppose though if you have the tin set and a blu ray player getting this isn`t worth it as its the same thing apart from that scrapped opening to Superman Returns which hasn`t been seen before. I liked Superman Returns which has alot going for it but it could have been better with more action as it is a bit slow in parts. I would have liked Brandon Routh to comeback for the next movie as I thought he was a worthy successor to Christopher Reeve but as Superman Returns wasn`t as big a hit as expected and they are rebooting it again I suppose they would want someone new. Hope its good with General Zod in it Terrence Stamp is a hard act to beat. I`d love him and Sarah Doughlas (brilliant as Ursla) to have cameos as other characters but that probably won`t happen. Anyway here`s the link below.

http://uk.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6588

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 20
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 2:58:26 PM   
Timon

You can already see the infamous Krypton scene on YouTube -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAjSFmibTw

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 21
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 3:36:53 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

You can already see the infamous Krypton scene on YouTube -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAjSFmibTw

Link no worky...

Edit: It does work, the quality is terrible on that yt clip. It'd be nice to see it in hd

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 13/6/2011 3:42:22 PM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 22
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 4:15:54 PM   
Spaldron

As good as the bd looks I expect the price of the superior looking tin boxset to plummet, I may just get myself one of those instead as I only own the first film.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 23
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 7:31:08 PM   
MI Cruise

I'll be picking this up as the price drops to around £20. I have 1-4 on DVD in the basic set so looking forward to getting them on Blu-ray although not to fond of Part III and will probably never watch Quest for Peace again. Although looking forward to watching Superman Returns as I saw it in cinemas but have long forgotten what happens.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 24
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 7:44:34 PM   
Rgirvan44

I picked this up for £28 in ASDA today.

Can't believe I now own Superman 4 on Blu Ray.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 25
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 13/6/2011 8:58:12 PM   
captainrentboy

Managed to get it for £23 from Sainsbury's website and it was delivered today. (Which was nice, as I'd heard nothing but bad things about them)
Rewatched Superman (Extended cut) this afternoon, and bloody hell it's still as wonderful as it was watching it back when I was like 8yrs old.
As I hadn't seen it all the way through for a good few years, I forgot just how utterly fantastic Reeve is in the dual role. It also reminded me what a pale imitation Routh did of him in Superman Returns (Enjoyed the film, but Routh could've tried something a little original)
Also that climax, even though the film's 33 years old now, it still hasn't been topped, drama and action wise, by any other comic adaptation movie. (I'll admit to never failing to become teary eyed, when Supes gets Lois out of the crushed car, again thanks to Reeve's awesome work)

Other than a now extremely dated and slightly ropey opener on Krypton, it really is the perfect Superhero movie for me, if not one of my favourite films ever.
Great picture on Blu Ray too, the best I've ever seen it looking by far.

(in reply to DUMBO)
Post #: 26
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/6/2011 12:37:47 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

Managed to get it for £23 from Sainsbury's website and it was delivered today. (Which was nice, as I'd heard nothing but bad things about them)
Rewatched Superman (Extended cut) this afternoon, and bloody hell it's still as wonderful as it was watching it back when I was like 8yrs old.
As I hadn't seen it all the way through for a good few years, I forgot just how utterly fantastic Reeve is in the dual role. It also reminded me what a pale imitation Routh did of him in Superman Returns (Enjoyed the film, but Routh could've tried something a little original)
Also that climax, even though the film's 33 years old now, it still hasn't been topped, drama and action wise, by any other comic adaptation movie. (I'll admit to never failing to become teary eyed, when Supes gets Lois out of the crushed car, again thanks to Reeve's awesome work)

Other than a now extremely dated and slightly ropey opener on Krypton, it really is the perfect Superhero movie for me, if not one of my favourite films ever.
Great picture on Blu Ray too, the best I've ever seen it looking by far.

It also has the best score ever for a superhero film.

Post #: 27
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/6/2011 11:35:15 AM   
theoriginalcynic

The question is, why would anyone want Superman 3 and 4 in HD? 

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 28
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/6/2011 12:28:47 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

The question is, why would anyone want Superman 3 and 4 in HD? 

3 because its a pretty good film and its got Richard Pryor. He's always worth HD.

4 purely for laughs as surely the crap effects, cheap Milton Keynes sets and previously visible wires will be even more visible than before. That and Nuclear Man's mullet.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 29
RE: The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray - 14/6/2011 1:48:30 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I picked this up for £28 in ASDA today.

Can't believe I now own Superman 4 on Blu Ray.

Lucky you!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> The Complete Superman Collection Blu-ray Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI