Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Larry Sanders Show: The Complete Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> TV Reviews >> The Larry Sanders Show: The Complete Series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Larry Sanders Show: The Complete Series - 10/3/2011 4:59:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
It's brilliant. buy it. - 25/3/2011 12:07:35 AM   
simjamlmx

remember bob martin? itv's pathetic show about a tv personality played by the then, still vaguely popular michael barrymore. well that piece of shit was 100% derivative of this excellent piece of american television, This show has some of americas greatest comedians and actors on it, it's sharp satire, touching and just fucking very funny, anyway buy it.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Comic genius - 12/9/2011 3:16:15 AM   
RhysEdwards

This show revolves mainly around three characters, the holy trinity of comedy in my eyes. Larry, downplayed and effortlessly funny by Gary Shandling, Rip Torn as the bordering on psychotic and yet graceful and foul-mouthed Arty, and maybe the tour de force of Hank, Larry's sidekick, beautifully acted by Jeffery Tambor. It isn't just the jokes which keep you interested, although I would contend that along with The Thick of It, it is the funniest show, the storylines are lovingly crafted and always, ALWAYS, have a genius pay-off at the end of an episode. Never has a T.V. show been so consistently funny, and that is down to the triumvirate of actors who drive the show along, with three deeply unpleasant but lovable characters.

Post #: 3
Seriously f*****g funny - 29/11/2011 4:00:11 AM   
michaellimb

Hard to imagine modern pretend fly-on-the-wall comedy without Larry Sanders establishing the format. Ricky Gervais would have had to invent it all by himself. Reviewers acknowledge the collusion of real life stars in shows like Extras and the dwarf thing, but here was Larry doing it 10 years before even The Office. And can anyone name another track by Smashmouth other than "Walking On The Sun" (alright, and All Star)?

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> TV Reviews >> The Larry Sanders Show: The Complete Series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI