Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Diane Lane Is Superman's Martha Kent

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Diane Lane Is Superman's Martha Kent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diane Lane Is Superman's Martha Kent - 3/3/2011 6:55:07 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Yep.... - 3/3/2011 9:12:48 AM   
JIm R

She's way too young to be playing this kind of role, unless all her scenes are flashback with Clark as a seven or eight year old say, if she's playing Martha as Henry Cavill's mum stage then they are doing her a massive dis-service, unles sthey age her 'up' by about twenty years.
Post #: 2
fantastic - 3/3/2011 2:49:34 PM   
lizzygilly

i love this casting choice. and i love that they're going with a younger actress to play martha. annette o'tool has been go great on smallville over the years. having a mother that's younger, but just couldn't get pregnant herself, really helped the story. i like the fact that snyder and nolan are using the same approach.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
too young, too HOT - 3/3/2011 9:35:30 PM   
Avengers12

Diane Lane as Martha Kent to Cavill's Supes will make this film to be more like those "moms" from the tv shows, like The O.C., Gossip Girl, or One Tree Hill, where they all have these grown up looking teens WHILE they still look like in their mid to late 30's or very early 40's.
And this is...while i LOVE Diane...it's just a wrong decision. Especially, if Costner turns out to actually playing Jonathan Kent, they should just automatically hire SUSAN SARANDON and have a Bull Durham reunion. they're the right age and they got proven CHEMISTRY together. Sarandon's old enuff but not TOO granny-old, yet. she's a much better choice than lane for this role.

Post #: 4
Super Chubby - 3/3/2011 10:45:58 PM   
BatSpider

Diane Lane = super chubby. Still would even tho she's old enuff to be my mum.

Post #: 5
Not too young - 27/3/2011 9:37:52 PM   
pah2602

Diane Lane is 46, Cavill is 27, so he came to them when she was 19 if you take that as fact, give or take a few hollywood years from them both and he could easily have arrived to the Kents when they were in their mid twenties, No Problem!!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Diane Lane Is Superman's Martha Kent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI