Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 30/1/2012 4:41:39 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I've got to watch this bad boy. I'd not really heard of it until coming across it on these forums.

You should. It's amazing.

I watched it for the first time about a fortnight ago and I've rewatched it 3 times since. It's flat out hilarious.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 31
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 30/1/2012 4:47:25 PM   
Timon

What Tuttle said.

"I am smiling..."

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 32
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 16/8/2012 9:58:35 AM   
Timon

Who here has been watching the animated series? It's HILARIOUS. Especially the Christmas episode where Black Dynamite cripples a bunch of orphans in a snowball fight...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 33
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 16/8/2012 10:07:21 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Who here has been watching the animated series? It's HILARIOUS. Especially the Christmas episode where Black Dynamite cripples a bunch of orphans in a snowball fight...

Yeah I've been absolutely loving it. The first episode with an Alien Michael Jackson was fucking hilarious. The Christmas one was great as well, throwing the rock from the moon at OJ Simpson was amazing .

Looks astounding as well.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 34
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 16/8/2012 10:18:06 AM   
Timon

"Ha ha! I threw that rock before I left the moon!"

Post #: 35
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 16/8/2012 10:30:34 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I think the series slightly overuses some of the jokes from the film, the interrupting joke in the first 2 or 3 episodes for example, but they absolutely nailed that one.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 36
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 16/8/2012 4:04:17 PM   
kumar

I caught the first one with the Frog... i didnt realise it was ongoing, will have to give it a look

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 37
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 16/8/2012 8:00:50 PM   
Deviation

Guys, spare a moment of thought for Dynamite's accountant.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 38
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 17/8/2012 1:53:24 PM   
Timon

The pimp killer on a train was probably the weakest thus far... but it did feature Chocolate Giddy-up!

Post #: 39
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 28/8/2012 5:01:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

This week's episode was great after a slight dip in quality for the last one.

Dynamite's tirade about Crackers stealing Kung Fu and making the main character white, like they did with Jesus had me in stitches .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 40
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 29/8/2012 12:30:01 AM   
Deviation

I'm watching the lastest episodes. Nixon (again) and Elvis are the antagonists. YAY!

This Elvis episode is excellent.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 29/8/2012 12:35:55 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 41
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 9/4/2013 10:16:19 AM   
Timon

It's not Black Dynamite, but Michael Jai White is filming his latest awesome 'bad guy punchathon' Favela: Codename Falcon.

The franchise will revolve around a former marine named John "Falcon" Chapman, described as a "dark anti-hero driven by guilt, who will destroy himself unless given something else to destroy," making him "a useful weapon-of-last-resort for the foreign ministry."

The first movie, FAVELA, sees Chapman traveling to Brazil to hunt down his sister's killers, in the process discovering an underground world of drugs, prostitution, and police corruption ruled by the Japanese mafia.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/michael-jai-white-is-double-barreled-in-first-look-at-codename-falcon

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 42
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 20/4/2013 8:14:04 PM   
Le Tenia

' Sarcastically, I'm in charge "

Brilliant. Didn't realise the guy playing Dynamite was also Gambol in The Dark Knight.

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 43
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 24/4/2013 1:49:02 PM   
Timon

Apparently the 'Western' sequel will be filming this year for release in 2014. Awesome.

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 44
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 25/4/2013 6:40:44 AM   
UTB

Ok I've only just seen the trailer for this (on the DVD of Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, of all things) and laughed a lot. Definitely gonna pick this up

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 45
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 17/5/2013 1:04:30 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Ok I've only just seen the trailer for this (on the DVD of Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, of all things) and laughed a lot. Definitely gonna pick this up

Have you picked it up? The lack of quote-age from you suggests you haven't. Stop dealin' smack to the kids and watch it you jive ass sucka!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 46
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 30/5/2013 4:37:34 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Have you picked it up? The lack of quote-age from you suggests you haven't. Stop dealin' smack to the kids and watch it you jive ass sucka!

Actually, I picked it up and watched it last weekend with the Mrs.

It wasn't quite as funny as we'd anticipated, but there were some brilliant moments in it. It kinda runs thin at about the 30 minute mark until the introduction of Dr Wu towards the end, and we both pissed ourselves at the "Your knowledge of scientific biological transmografications is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu threachery" line.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 47
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 30/5/2013 9:44:52 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Actually, I picked it up and watched it last weekend with the Mrs.

It wasn't quite as funny as we'd anticipated, but there were some brilliant moments in it. It kinda runs thin at about the 30 minute mark until the introduction of Dr Wu towards the end, and we both pissed ourselves at the "Your knowledge of scientific biological transmografications is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu threachery" line.

Yeah that's a great line.

Ha ha I threw that shit before I walked in the room.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 48
RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) - 3/6/2013 8:01:06 PM   
bydabeachman

This film was the perfect throwback to the classics of the day. They were spot on from casting, music, camera movement and angles, font styles, clothing, and dialogue. This was an all around perfect film. The humor this film possesses leaves my sides splitting for hours on end,long after the film is over, hell the title of this thread made me laugh, because of how funny this film is. Our title character plays this role with ease, creating a remembered character for years to come. Well done all the way around, The animated series is awesome but i have to admit, the comedy is lost where the actual live action made well by me.

Take the time to say your mind.

Sign Twirlers

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Black Dynamite (Dynamite! Dynamite!) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI