TRAINSPOTTING

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> TRAINSPOTTING Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TRAINSPOTTING - 6/2/2011 2:57:47 PM   
Snake-Eyes

*Mods - I could only find some dvd discussion on this one, so I hope you don't mind

Snake-Eyes is not really that big a fan of British Cinema. Of course there are a few exceptions - the films of Neil Marshall and one or two efforts by one Mr. Ritchie perhaps but overall nothing much. My favourite Danny Boyle film is 28 DAYS LATER for obvious reasons but I'll always have a soft spot for TRAINSPOTTING. I remember back in 1996, just prior to the closing down of ALIEN WAR, it was the last film we as a group who worked there went to see together. It was at the VIRGIN Cinema in Trocadero, we all had free passes whenever we wanted and so I joined a bunch of the guys who were all excited about a new film from the director of SHALLOW GRAVE (which I saw many years later and never really rated), I had no idea what it was about or who was involved in the production and so, as I had little else to do, I went along. There is of course no synopsis necessary here. Dunno why it was once touted as the 'British Pulp Fiction', I think it's an altogether different animal. Perfect film that showcases raw talent lead by a director at the top of his game. All of the cast are superb here and most have gone on to carve out very impressive careers. That and of course a bloody catchy choon by Underworld!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html
Post #: 1
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 6/2/2011 5:22:23 PM   
ElephantBoy

Completely agree it is a cult classic, and I would have it just ahead of 28 Days Later as Boyles best film. Just so dark, and entertaing with great performances and a wonderful soundtrack. I think the switch into the darker tone, like the scene with the dead babie is really senstively handled too. A masterpiece!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 2
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 6/2/2011 7:03:14 PM   
Spaldron

As a citizen of Edinburgh the film has quite a special place in my heart, not just because its brilliant, but also because hardly any films get made up here. And Robert Carlyle hasn't done anything better.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 3
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 6/2/2011 10:21:45 PM   
Mr Grady

Recenty watched this again.  Super film, characters that are believeable, some we've met.  Endlessly quotable, and Diane's pussy.

Love it.

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 4
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 7/2/2011 2:03:32 AM   
Mr Grady

After Volcano?  Diane strides Renton?  Renton says.....''I havn't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978''    then...................

Pussy

Post #: 5
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 7/2/2011 1:01:45 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

After Volcano?  Diane strides Renton?  Renton says.....''I havn't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978''    then...................

Pussy

Just checked it. You see it for like half a frame and even then its under a merkin. Although now were talking about snatch on film, check out a short called Cashback. I swear you've never seen so much twat up close, its quite ridiculous.

Insert standard Danny Dyer joke here...!

Anyway, yes, I love Trainspotting.  Took me an age to get it on DVD, though.  Very funny, very dark and bleak at times, too, but so watchable. 

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!
Post #: 6
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 7/2/2011 4:59:58 PM   
Deviation

quote:

merkin
quote:

quote:

Pussy

Just checked it. You see it for like half a frame and even then its under a merkin. Although now were talking about snatch on film, check out a short called Cashback. I swear you've never seen so much twat up close, its quite ridiculous.

Is it closer than Paz de la Huerta's twat in Enter the Void?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates
Post #: 7
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 7/2/2011 7:03:23 PM   
simonmckergan1

1st Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, do you mean that you lied on your application?
Spud: No! Uh. Yes. Only to get my foot in the door. Showing initiative and that like.
1st Interviewer: But you were referred here by the department of employment, there was no need for you to get your "foot in the door," as you put it.
Spud: Ehhh... cool. Whatever you say, I'm sorry. You're the man. The dude in the chair.
2nd Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, what attracts you to the leisure industry?
Spud: In a word: pleasure. It's like, my pleasure in other people's leisure.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!
Post #: 8
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 7/2/2011 9:08:30 PM   
Mr Grady

quote:

Picture the scene: The other fuckin' week there, doin' the fuckin' Volley with Tommy, playing pool. I'm playing like Paul-Fuckin'-Newman by the way. Givin' the boy here the tannin' of a lifetime. So it comes to there, during the last shot, the deciding ball of the whole tournament. I'm on the black and he's sittin' in the corner looking all fuckin' biscuit-arsed. When this hard cunt comes in. Obviously fuckin' fancied himself, like. Starts staring at me. Lookin' at me, right fuckin' at me, as if to say, "Come ahead, square go." You ken me, I'm not the type of cunt that goes looking for fuckin' bother, like, but at the end of the day I'm the cunt with a pool cue and he can get the fat end in his puss any time he fucking wanted like. So I squares up, casual like. What does the hard cunt do? Or the so-called hard cunt? Shites it. Puts down his drink, turns, and gets the fuck out of there. And after that, well, the game was mine.

Love this scene.

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 9
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 9/2/2011 2:07:22 PM   
UTB

Trainspotting was one of the definitive films of my teen years (I'm 28) and remains one of my favourites.

First  saw it on video (which a friend round the corner aquired in ex-rental format, complete with the giant VHS box) and then aquired it myself and wore that tape out.

My only gripe with the film is the use of cheesy rave music when Renton goes to London and the London tourist montage. WTF is all that about? Other than that, perfect in every way.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 10
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 9/2/2011 4:00:32 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Trainspotting was one of the definitive films of my teen years (I'm 28) and remains one of my favourites.

First  saw it on video (which a friend round the corner aquired in ex-rental format, complete with the giant VHS box) and then aquired it myself and wore that tape out.

My only gripe with the film is the use of cheesy rave music when Renton goes to London and the London tourist montage. WTF is all that about? Other than that, perfect in every way.

Boomdiggydiggydiggyboomdiggyboom!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 11
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 9/2/2011 4:16:55 PM   
Discodez

quote:

My only gripe with the film is the use of cheesy rave music when Renton goes to London and the London tourist montage. WTF is all that about?

Born Slippy by Underworld "cheesy rave music"  - wtf are you all about?

Edit: sorry, I was thinking of the wrong bit  I know the bit you mean now, and yes that is a god awful song.

< Message edited by Discodez -- 9/2/2011 4:23:01 PM >

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 12
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 9/2/2011 4:40:12 PM   
UTB

quote:

Boomdiggydiggydiggyboomdiggyboom!

Haha!

Here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSNI22KcMM0

Born Slippy by Underworld "cheesy rave music"  - wtf are you all about?

Edit: sorry, I was thinking of the wrong bit  I know the bit you mean now, and yes that is a god awful song.

I remember buying Second Toughest In The Infants at the time and being a) disappointed that Born Slippy wasn't on it and b) completely amazed at how brilliant the album was, in fact.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 13
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 9/2/2011 8:41:33 PM   
Mr Grady

quote:

My only gripe is Rentons bedroom wallpaper.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 14
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 9/2/2011 8:45:31 PM   
UTB

quote:

quote:

My only gripe is Rentons bedroom wallpaper.

True... at least you can turn the music down..

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 15
TRAINSPOTTING - 14/2/2011 6:36:48 PM   
Snake-Eyes

What does Renton yell out under water when he retrieves the suppositories?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 16
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 14/2/2011 6:48:36 PM   
DazDaMan

It sounds like "Yes, ya fuckin' dancer!"

Which is Scottish for "Brilliant".

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 17
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 14/2/2011 6:49:22 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I getcha. Cheers Daz.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 18
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 16/2/2011 8:41:49 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

I still remember the look on my friends face when Baby Dawn dies. A much more disturbing sequence then the worst toilet in scotland scene easily and that's all I ever heard about Trainspotting. Oh and that it was a brilliant film. Which is what I believe too

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 19
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 16/2/2011 8:56:01 PM   
Mr Grady

Watching it on Blu i had the chance to subtitle a line of dialogue that always puzzled me, cause i never understood the accent.  After the initial modge between Tommy & Lizzy he discovers the tape has gone.  And states he may have ''Returnnd it by Mistaaak''  and Lizzy follows by saying....''Returrnd it!, Where? the video shop,Tommy, the fuckin' video shop''

Then i put on the sub-titles to discover she actually says.....

''So, every punter in Edinburgh is jacking off to our video''

Ahhh, i know now,  i could never understand what she said.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 20
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 16/2/2011 9:05:26 PM   
DazDaMan

I thought it was "jerking off"? Could be wrong, of course.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 21
RE: TRAINSPOTTING - 23/3/2013 10:37:55 PM   
Art Decade

quote:

I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the fucking low, the scum of the earth, the most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs and all the fresh air in the world will not make any fucking difference.

Love this film. What is the best DVD/Blu Ray release?

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> TRAINSPOTTING Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI