Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlefield 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Battlefield 3 Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlefield 3 - 8/3/2013 8:41:26 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

I still have nightmares about doing Flipper.....

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2581
RE: Battlefield 3 - 12/3/2013 9:55:43 PM   
Ghidorah

I wonder why EA haven't released the patch a week prior to the DLC release date? Before EA split the DLC in half over a week but today it's one big 3.5 dlc. I started the download before seven and it's still downloading now.

For a console player I don't think Premium is value for money. Close Quarters is shit due to broken spawns and over half the weapons aren't suitable for close quarters maps. Conquest is always a problem for consoles due to lack of players. Maximium of 24 for consoles while the PC version has 64 as standard. So when it comes to Armoured Kill the maps are twice the size and twice the chance of bumping into someone else on foot. Conquest on console is tank only or otherwise it's suicide capturing the other bases. The enemies will simply drive their tanks to the area and there is little chance of winning a battle alone against a tank. It just make me wish I had a gaming PC.
Hopefully PS4 8gig of ram and Nexbox 5gig of ram will solve the lack of players when it comes to Battlefield 4.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2582
RE: Battlefield 3 - 13/3/2013 9:19:00 AM   
Chief

Armoured Kill is pretty shit if you don't have a vehicle, there's a lot of selfish players that drive off on their own as well.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2583
RE: Battlefield 3 - 13/3/2013 3:39:31 PM   
sroey

The Xbox update was split - I had the Multiplayer update 6 (approx 1.5gb) first then the End Game update after that. So it took a while.

CTF is a lot of fun - the few games I played last night were fairly berserk. Air superiority was a mixed bag. I started off ok but then got my ass handed to me alot. Kiss goodbye to your K/D ratio on that one.

The gunship and helo's are way too overpowered in armored kill. Alborz Mountains can be a death trap if the opposing team have a decent chopper pilot.

I am already getting excited for BF4

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2584
RE: Battlefield 3 - 13/3/2013 10:17:38 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

playing recon a fair bit

D I R T Y

Death Is Readily Targetting You?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2585
RE: Battlefield 3 - 14/3/2013 9:02:26 AM   
Chief

So fibre optic broadband makes no difference to Xbox update speeds. Probably the best part of an hour for 3GB ish I think.

End Game is good fun though. I only played CQ & CTF but the new maps are nice, I like a bit of greenery. Dirt bikes are decent, there's a map with a couple of ramps that create shortcuts over rivers if you get enough speed up. Managed to pop an achievement on a bike for killing as a passenger. Even though I was driving and all I done was jump off. Not really sure what happened.

CTF is quite mad. You can still shoot and drive vehicles when you've got the flag so going solo on a dirt bike and nicking it is an option.

I really need to get the co-op done if anyone wants to help? Not all of it, just enough to unlock the M39 for the assignment.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2586
RE: Battlefield 3 - 14/3/2013 10:20:02 AM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

So fibre optic broadband makes no difference to Xbox update speeds. Probably the best part of an hour for 3GB ish I think.

End Game is good fun though. I only played CQ & CTF but the new maps are nice, I like a bit of greenery. Dirt bikes are decent, there's a map with a couple of ramps that create shortcuts over rivers if you get enough speed up. Managed to pop an achievement on a bike for killing as a passenger. Even though I was driving and all I done was jump off. Not really sure what happened.

CTF is quite mad. You can still shoot and drive vehicles when you've got the flag so going solo on a dirt bike and nicking it is an option.

I really need to get the co-op done if anyone wants to help? Not all of it, just enough to unlock the M39 for the assignment.

Dude, I've done none of the co-op and I'll be bang up for it, only problem I'm going on Holiday on Sunday for a week and then I'll be around if you're still interested

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2587
RE: Battlefield 3 - 14/3/2013 10:33:12 AM   
Chief

That'd be sound mate. I'm in no rush, I've left it a year and a half!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2588
RE: Battlefield 3 - 14/3/2013 8:49:47 PM   
Ghidorah

I do find Littlebirds very amusing on CTF. Equiped them with air to ground missiles and makes easy work of the bikers. Very handy taking care of the bikers who nicks my team flag. It's easy to track them up thanks to the helicoptor can over look the battlefield and target the flag stealers as they make their escape. Saves a lot of hassles assualting their base to get the flag back.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2589
RE: Battlefield 3 - 19/3/2013 10:21:52 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

You can get this by pressing 'A' and switching seats, then killing somebody. I just ran up to a bike, sat on the back as a passenger and shot 2 numpties who came crashing over the hill into a wall. Easy pickings!

I see after all this time, there are still people who care more about K/D Ratio than actually playing the game as a team! I was defending on a Rush Game and I never saw a single person from the other side come into our base to destroy the MCom Stations. We were on the Damavand Peak map and all of them were hiding on the top of the cliff and in the hills sniping. Yeah people, that's what 'Rush' is all about, K/D Ratio!
Anyway, we got so bored that a guy on my squad asked if we would like to go De-Tag these amateurs...........never got so many Dogtags in a game and they never seemed to learn. After respawning they went right back to where they got killed. WTF!!!!!

In the end, 1st place on their team had a wopping 6 kills! With 22 deaths! So much for your K/D Ratio you numpty! Play the game dipshit!

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2590
RE: Battlefield 3 - 19/3/2013 11:43:37 AM   
talpacino

The new maps are actually fantastic, they're huge but there's no shortage of vehicles. Bikes chases during CTF are brilliant. It's definitely the best of the DLC for me, loving it at the moment.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2591
RE: Battlefield 3 - 19/3/2013 11:50:04 AM   
Chief

I'm really enjoying them too, getting a decent server is sometimes a ball ache though. Too many with daft rules (no SOFLAM WTF?). I try to find one with a mix of CQ & CTF on the new maps with no restrictions wherever possible.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2592
RE: Battlefield 3 - 19/3/2013 2:58:50 PM   
Scott_

Still not played them yet, my xbox doesn't read my BF3 disc half the time so I gave up on it. Will have to get another copy, dirt bikes look the shit!

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 19/3/2013 2:59:11 PM >

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2593
RE: Battlefield 3 - 20/3/2013 2:38:59 PM   
Ghidorah

Somehow I manage to capture the flag on the forest map by taking it from the enemy base and running all the way to mine. It was an intense 3min+ chase sequence being chase by guys on foot, bikers, APC and eventually a chopper. Only people came to my aid was an APC driver which was disabled when I jumped in and later a tank driver who held them off. Bloody annoying having at least one team mate on a bike not diverting to pick me up. I was in an open field close to the rocks and there he was driving along and not bothering to change direction to pick me up. I had a bloody APC on me and half way across the map.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 2594
RE: Battlefield 3 - 21/3/2013 9:19:44 AM   
Chief

Even though the new maps got me back into it, I'm back playing 500% TDM on Noshair to boost assignments. Still having fun though.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2595
RE: Battlefield 3 - 21/3/2013 1:21:51 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Somehow I manage to capture the flag on the forest map by taking it from the enemy base and running all the way to mine. It was an intense 3min+ chase sequence being chase by guys on foot, bikers, APC and eventually a chopper. Only people came to my aid was an APC driver which was disabled when I jumped in and later a tank driver who held them off. Bloody annoying having at least one team mate on a bike not diverting to pick me up. I was in an open field close to the rocks and there he was driving along and not bothering to change direction to pick me up. I had a bloody APC on me and half way across the map.

I'd of picked you up! I took off in a heli and strafed 3 guys chasing our flag carrier. I then landed close by so he could jump in, flew him back to our base and got the flag capture, plus my last achievement. I felt really good about it to be honest, even got a thanks message.

There are still many selfish gamers who spawn in a vehicle and instead of waiting, zoom off and leave their teammates behind. It's always enjoyable to see a ploom of smoke pouring from their vehicle and their corpes laying next to it as I run passed refusing to revive them. There is no 'I' in team knobhead!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2596
RE: Battlefield 3 - 21/3/2013 1:24:32 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

I'm really enjoying them too, getting a decent server is sometimes a ball ache though. Too many with daft rules (no SOFLAM WTF?). I try to find one with a mix of CQ & CTF on the new maps with no restrictions wherever possible.

I think nearly every server which isn't a DICE server has some sort of stupid rule. I just ignore them, haven't been kicked once. If I want to fire an RPG at an infantry soldier, I goddamn will! If I want to use a shotgun and paint the wall with your brains, I goddamn will! It's war bitches, get over it!

The best one I've seen was 'No Javelin/SOFLAM or Stinger Missile' to be used on heli's or planes. WTF?!?! I thought to myself, I wonder if the heli pilot is a member of the admin..........so I took my stinger and blew it out the sky every chance I got!
It even had 'No Tanks on Infantry'! What does that mean?!?! You can't shoot a guy with C4 running up to your vehicle?!?! WTF!

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 21/3/2013 1:43:14 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2597
RE: Battlefield 3 - 21/3/2013 1:58:58 PM   
Chief

Is there anywhere you can practice in helo's without team mates thinking you're a dick for crashing?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2598
RE: Battlefield 3 - 21/3/2013 2:06:31 PM   
Pratt82

I use to be utter shite in them until I change something in the settings so the controls were easier. Can't remember what setting I changed it too though. The default ones are shit.

By the way YFU said 'your team mates aren't the only ones that think your a dick'! So not called for! I think you should shoot him in the face next time he's on BF3!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2599
RE: Battlefield 3 - 21/3/2013 2:10:38 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

I use to be utter shite in them until I change something in the settings so the controls were easier. Can't remember what setting I changed it too though. The default ones are shit.

I think you're right but I still suck.

quote:

By the way YFU said 'your team mates aren't the only ones that think your a dick'! So not called for! I think you should shoot him in the face next time he's on BF3!

I shall detag and skull fuck him the next time he's allowed to play.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2600
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/3/2013 11:19:19 AM   
Pratt82

Skull Fuck

Well as long as you can fire the cannon, just jump into a helicopter as a passenger and gain XP via that instead of flying the things. The only problem with this is you have to rely on getting a good enough pilot with some advanced unlocks and be able to release flares in good time.

I've jumped in with some right idiots as pilots. People where they are getting locked on, drop flares too early or drop flares, dodge one missile but then hang around for more to lock on whilst their flares reload.............in other words, we die very quickly! Helicopter should be used as hit and run vehicles as well as long range attacks. Not going straight in to a fire fight with missiles flying around!

I shit you not! It feels like this when I spawn in a chopper:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2601
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/3/2013 11:32:52 AM   
Chief

I think we should put the band back together this Saturday.

Would any of you slack-jawed rim-lickers like to get involved in some BF3 carnage?

8pm onwards is good for me.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2602
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/3/2013 11:59:41 AM   
Pratt82

Damn.............I'll be pissed (and hopefully not being sick) that night so no good for me You won't even be able to Skull Fuck that KnobHead YFU either as he'll be at the same place.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2603
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/3/2013 1:39:00 PM   
Chief

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2604
RE: Battlefield 3 - 25/3/2013 9:15:54 AM   
Chief

Getting a bit pissed of with the 'Connection to EA servers lost' or what ever it says.

Correct me if I'm wrong but whatever you've earned up until you get kicked still goes to your stats ya? I'm sure it does.

Pain in the tits if not. Spamming ammo/health packs on 500 ticket CQ Metro to get assignments done only for the connection to drop when you get down to the last 50 or so.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2605
RE: Battlefield 3 - 27/3/2013 8:11:10 AM   
borstal

A couple of things

Matts avatar gives me a nudge on.
Where the heck is that BF4 vid?

oh and for an extra, Matt sprinting for a poo is a funny thing.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2606
RE: Battlefield 3 - 27/3/2013 9:22:16 AM   
sroey

BATTLEFIELD 4 Reveal!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/398054/first-details-battlefield-4-brings-open-world-freedoms-to-its-campaign/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/398075/battlefield-4-watch-17-minutes-of-gameplay-footage/

Gotta say it looks incredible. Already pre-ordered. MS need to show this game off running on the NextBox!!

I'm sooooo excited now - imagine the game looking that good on consoles!! 

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2607
RE: Battlefield 3 - 27/3/2013 11:06:04 AM   
Ghidorah

Look like Battlefield 4 not getting the full next gen treatment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-27-dice-explains-why-theres-no-battlefield-4-for-wii-u

Unless Microsoft does something incredible with the neXbox, it's likely I will switch sides and get the Ps4 instead. 8 gig of fast ram is more than enough for BF4 64 player multiplayer I think.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 2608
RE: Battlefield 3 - 27/3/2013 11:18:55 AM   
sroey

Nextbox all the way for me, although I have such a huge Xbox360 game collection some sort of backwards compatibility would be greatly appreciated.

Either platform it will be like the BF experience PC owners have always had. Cannot wait.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2609
RE: Battlefield 3 - 27/3/2013 5:21:26 PM   
paulyboy

Have to admit, pretty as that trailer is, I can barely tell it apart from from the super duper PC footage of Battlefield 3 that appeared 2 years ago. The mutli-player will undoubtebly be excellent I'm sure (if yet more of the same), but the campaign footage sent me to sleep, it's yet more identi-kit, creatively bankrupt, military shooter bollocks.

I'd rather DICE spent the time developing Mirror's Edge 2 personally

**Runs and hides from scary Empire Battlefield folk!**

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 2610
Page:   <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Battlefield 3 Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI