Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Map ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Map ideas Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Map ideas - 13/9/2012 10:04:42 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

Yeah, I pretty much owned you with the front end of my quad. Then I pretty much owned Flipper with the front of my quad.

I RULE

You can get some serious speed in the quads and some really great jumps, can be hard to land when moving at speed though

I'd say he winded himself a bit there.

Also, fuck you.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2491
RE: Map ideas - 13/9/2012 12:44:36 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Yeah, I pretty much owned you with the front end of my quad. Then I pretty much owned Flipper with the front of my quad.

I RULE

You can get some serious speed in the quads and some really great jumps, can be hard to land when moving at speed though

To be honest somebody was trying to drive a Tank like that lastnight! We were bombing down the hillside on Armoured Superiority and we hit a huge rock! The fucking screen went nuts!

Quad Bikes are a great way to get around. Oh and I had SOUND lastnight thankgod! If I hadn't, I would of been de-tagged by Flipper but he was alittle too noisy knocking down the fence whilst trying to sneak up on me. I could of relied on Fuzz to shoot him before he got me, but I couldn't take the chance that he would let him take my tags, only to then take Flippers. Yeah, thats what would of happened!

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 13/9/2012 12:47:21 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2492
RE: Map ideas - 25/9/2012 11:16:23 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Anybody tried playing Rush in the new maps? It is fucking torture to defend, the attackers not only get a gunship, but a heap of tanks and quads too!

Furthermore, does anybody play this anymore at all??????

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2493
RE: Map ideas - 26/9/2012 9:28:54 AM   
Alistair81

I'm still playing, but on the PS3.

Rush is appalling on the new maps. The balancing is way off. Defenders seem to get one or two tank destroyers and a single plane with which to defend against a gunship, a plane, and loads of tanks etc. Quite often the enemy vehicles seem toarrive at the bases just as the defenders are slogging it up on foot. The only way to take out the vehicles seems to be with the infantry weapons, but as soon as I swap to a stinger missile to get the gunship fourteen tanks turn up to plant the bomb, once the gunship is down I go for the tanks with the repair tool (not with much success as they all cover each other) by the time I've died and swapped to the Javelin the bastard gunship has arrived again! I think it'd be much better if the defenders got the gunship and it didn't re spawn as quickly. However I won't be playing rush again soon...

"The kid's like... he's like a... have you ever seen a drunk baby? "

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft. "

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2494
RE: Map ideas - 26/9/2012 9:33:45 AM   
sroey

quote:

Anybody tried playing Rush in the new maps? It is fucking torture to defend, the attackers not only get a gunship, but a heap of tanks and quads too!

I am too busy playing Borderlands 2

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2495
RE: Map ideas - 26/9/2012 8:07:05 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

I am too busy playing Borderlands 2

You'll be back..........

Alistair hit the nail on the head, it's just leaving defenders to be slaughtered. Stupid really considering this is the third DLC package we have gotten, you would think DICE would know what works.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 2496
RE: Map ideas - 27/9/2012 11:16:31 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

I can't be bothered with it anymore because nobody uses their brains and fires Javelin Missiles at the Gunship when somebody targets it with a SOFLAM. Instead there are around 8 people on my team running around with Stingers which do fuck all if the Gunship deploys it's flares! At least a Javelin Missile will hit the bloody thing and do more damage!

Whilst they are all running around with Stingers on their shoulders, the attacking force is gunning them down and destroying the MCOM Stations. Stupid! I've only managed to be on the winning team (Defending) once in all the games I've played. And that was pure luck! Aswell as having a pretty good pilot on our team who kept taking down the Gunship, I was having fun with my Claymores around the MCOM Station (inside obviously). If outside, the Gunship destroys all your explosives. Bring back friendly fire I say, then the fuckers in the Gunship wouldn't be able to just level the whole area whilst their own men run through the chaos.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2497
RE: Map ideas - 28/9/2012 7:40:52 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

I can't be bothered with it anymore because nobody uses their brains and fires Javelin Missiles at the Gunship when somebody targets it with a SOFLAM. Instead there are around 8 people on my team running around with Stingers which do fuck all if the Gunship deploys it's flares! At least a Javelin Missile will hit the bloody thing and do more damage!

Whilst they are all running around with Stingers on their shoulders, the attacking force is gunning them down and destroying the MCOM Stations. Stupid! I've only managed to be on the winning team (Defending) once in all the games I've played. And that was pure luck! Aswell as having a pretty good pilot on our team who kept taking down the Gunship, I was having fun with my Claymores around the MCOM Station (inside obviously). If outside, the Gunship destroys all your explosives. Bring back friendly fire I say, then the fuckers in the Gunship wouldn't be able to just level the whole area whilst their own men run through the chaos.

Amoured Kill's Rush on the Xbox 360 is an unbalance mess. Usually on Rush, the defending team in entrench and usually achieve a gooda K/D ratio. The attacking team on the other hand has to push the defending team back to their spawn to activate the MCOMs. The attacking team are usually given a tank to give them less of a DISADVANTAGE.

The problem with Rush is the new TANK DESTROYERS has the same attack power and armour rating of the traditional BF3 tank. They may not be better equiped but Destroyers are very fast and excellent in close to medium range combat. The attacking team get two of them. Then we have the AC-130 and most of the defending team is in a 25 meter radius around the MCOMs. The AC-130 is packed with a canon that can take out the defending team tank in like one shot. The problem is the defending team tank has no where to go except take on the advancing forces head on which is sucidal or get blown up from the sky. Then we have the AC-130 anti infrantry canons which kills near instantly.
The defending team only option is to be Engineers and use stingers to take down the AC-130. However once achieved, many defenders will be respawning and defender team are scattered. The attacking team move in with Tank Destroyers mopping up the survivers and the infrantry close up behind are arming the MCOMs. The problem is the defender team doesn't have many anti tank weapons.

Rush is usually a good way to achieve a postive K?D ratio if you play carefully and punish those who are rushing or exploiting a flawed defence. However Amoured Kill Rush, the attacking team assets should be retricted to Air Power only and maybe their spawn tank.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2498
RE: Map ideas - 1/10/2012 3:26:08 PM   
Pratt82

I have to say that using the Stingers is useless. They take ages to lock-on and you have to have a direct-line of sight to the AC-130. If a Sniper positions a SOFLAM on a hill away from the main battle and aims it at the Gunship, Engineers with Javelins can lock-on from behind hills, protection and fire off the missiles with minimal risk of getting hit.

Also, I'm sure the Javelins is quicker at locking-on and has a better range too than the Stingers. It also causes more damage too the last I heard. They can also lock-on to armour too.
Having a good team using mics, it's alot easier to win on the defending team. But your right, the armour available should be better balanced between the teams.

Javelins all the way for me!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2499
RE: Map ideas - 4/10/2012 10:51:34 AM   
Hooch0959

quote:

I'll be back. The wife finally gets re-integrated back into the workforce on Monday 15th October and then once we have our first ground frost of the year, works stops and Xbox Winter games begins

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2500
RE: Battlefield 3 - 4/10/2012 8:37:08 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Join me. You know you'll all be playing the next few map packs as well so tis worth it.

I'll leave this here just in case... http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-microsoft-points/buy-cheap-microsoft-4200-points/

If I was to go premium for the winter. Is this still the best place to score the points from?

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2501
RE: Battlefield 3 - 4/10/2012 9:27:19 PM   
talpacino

It's the best price I've seen for points anyway. I don't know if MBeard was selling them any cheaper on the forum here, it might be worth checking out. It's still a lot of money to spend on DLC so be sure you're gonna play it enough before you buy.

Currahee!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 2502
RE: Battlefield 3 - 5/10/2012 1:18:54 PM   
Hooch0959

Ok nice one dude.

Ill get my moneys worth, like I said the Mrs has been off for a whole year which kinda impacts on my gaming. I still remember how fondly I was looking forward to having two weeks off at Christmas last year and how I was gonna play a shitload of battlefield, only to hear "I've been signed off over Xmas and now we can spend it together" How my Heart Sank, it was a fucking Greek Tragedy dude. But she's back at work from a week on Monday and lets face it, other than Hitman and maybe Farcry 3 what the fuck else am I gonna spend me money on this winter.

The Mrs being at home all year, whilst I work from home has also impacted on other aspects of my day. Needless to say I shall probably pull the fucking top off it over the next couple of weeks.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2503
RE: Battlefield 3 - 5/10/2012 1:29:44 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

The Mrs being at home all year, whilst I work from home has also impacted on other aspects of my day. Needless to say I shall probably pull the fucking top off it over the next couple of weeks.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 2504
RE: Battlefield 3 - 5/10/2012 1:40:34 PM   
talpacino

As long as you're not doing it while we're playing.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 5/10/2012 1:41:06 PM >

Currahee!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2505
RE: Battlefield 3 - 10/10/2012 2:48:55 PM   
Hooch0959

The Wife went to her back to School meeting or whatever this week and she's back on Monday. I've took the plunge and and I'm all premiumed up and reporting for duty

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2506
RE: Battlefield 3 - 11/10/2012 4:24:34 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

This is actually the funniest thing I've seen on here in ages.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2507
RE: Battlefield 3 - 11/10/2012 5:24:27 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

This is actually the funniest thing I've seen on here in ages.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 2508
RE: Battlefield 3 - 12/10/2012 2:58:54 PM   
borstal

How much the fuck is premium and why am I back on here?

Oh you clever cunt, stop playing on xbox and going on Empire while the weather has been, well, not sunny but not freezing either. Now the coldness is creeping in and Ive played BF3 a few times. I'll be back in that fucking cold conservatory freezing my knackers with only the chuckle movements I produce when YFU fails to get my tags keeping me warm.

Brilliant.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2509
RE: Battlefield 3 - 12/10/2012 3:28:13 PM   
talpacino

Currahee!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2510
RE: Battlefield 3 - 12/10/2012 7:24:53 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

How much the fuck is premium and why am I back on here?

Oh you clever cunt, stop playing on xbox and going on Empire while the weather has been, well, not sunny but not freezing either. Now the coldness is creeping in and Ive played BF3 a few times. I'll be back in that fucking cold conservatory freezing my knackers with only the chuckle movements I produce when YFU fails to get my tags keeping me warm.

Brilliant.

I don't mind if I never get your tags. Just having the chance is good enough for me!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2511
RE: Battlefield 3 - 12/10/2012 7:25:39 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

And on another note Me and Numbnuts finally got the 'Drop em like liquid' achievement!

Post #: 2512
RE: Battlefield 3 - 12/10/2012 11:29:12 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

And on another note Me and Numbnuts finally got the 'Drop em like liquid' achievement!

On another note:

Battlefield 3 Title Update Rolls In

A new title update has arrived today for Battlefield 3. Highlights among the fixes include changes to make gunships in the "Armored Kill" DLC more balanced and the option to disable the mini-map in Hardcore mode. The full list of updates is detailed below:

Gunship balance tweak in Rush mode
The Armored Kill gunship received major tweaks already in the last server update. We are now further tweaking it based on community feedback. It now only respawns after the attackers have destroyed an M-COM in Rush.

Rationale: The gunship has been a bit overpowered and spawning too fast in Rush, especially on servers running modified vehicle spawn times. This tweak makes the gunship only spawn for the attackers after each crate, except the initial spawn on round start. In effect, this means that after the gunship is destroyed, a new M-COM needs to be destroyed before the gunship can respawn at all.

Gunship balance tweak in Conquest mode
The gunship will always have a 60 second spawn delay in Conquest no matter the server spawn delay setting.

Rationale: The gunship has been spawning too fast on servers running modified vehicle spawn times, making it hard to regain control of the flag controlling the gunship. This tweak will make the gunship spawn every 60 seconds independent of server settings.

Option to remove minimap in Hardcore mode
We now allow disabling the minimap in Hardcore mode.

Rationale: It’s been a requested feature from the community to be able to remove the minimap in hardcore mode. We are now adding a new preset on consoles for server admins to use called “Hardcore no map” which disables the minimap and keeps the rest of the Hardcore settings intact. On PC, you disable the minimap with the server command “vars.minimap false” that is now permitted on Hardcore servers. Enjoy!

Improved server stability
Improved connectivity between game servers and the back end, significantly reducing the number of times a server times out and kicks players.

Knife takedown fix
Fixed so that there can be multiple knife kills at the same time on a server.

Rationale: We had a bug where only one knife takedown could take place at any one time on one server. If you attempted a knife takedown at the exact same time as someone else on the server, the takedown animation wouldn’t play, and your opponent wouldn’t take any damage. This has now been fixed.

MVP Premium member score fix
Fixed so that MVP and best team is calculated using normalized score (removing the advantage Premium members sometimes received in obtaining these ribbons)

Rationale: Earlier, Premium members would get an inflated chance of becoming MVP/best team during Premium exclusive double XP events, since these ribbons were calculated based on total score. Using base values all across the board now removes this artificial advantage.

Kill list fix
Fixed the bug where a kill was listed as a vehicle kill when the player actually killed someone with a mine or similar weapon. Another example where this would occur was if you fired a Javelin, then entered a vehicle before the Javelin hit its target.

Radio beacon exploit fix
Fixed the radio beacon exploit where you could place it above the roof and then spawn on it to access areas that are not meant to be accessible. This glitch was reported on Operation Métro and has been removed.

Ladder/vehicle entry fix
Fixed so that players can no longer enter vehicles while climbing a ladder.

Crash fix
Fixed a rare potential crash issue when loading a new map
You can try out the aforementioned gunship balancing fix for yourself, by downloading the "Armored Kill" expansion, which was made available to everyone a couple of weeks ago.

At least the defending team might stand a better chance of winning on Rush with that pesky Gunship spawning every 2 minutes!

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 12/10/2012 11:30:51 PM >

Post #: 2513
RE: Battlefield 3 - 18/10/2012 12:09:10 PM   
talpacino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcO5ajxGenc

Pointless Aftermath trailer. They don't actually show the maps but they do show a crossbow and that there'll probably be tremors during the game.

Currahee!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2514
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/10/2012 3:28:46 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Pointless Aftermath trailer. They don't actually show the maps but they do show a crossbow and that there'll probably be tremors during the game.

It's basically another sharp pointy thing for you to kill us silently with I suppose..... You just won't be able to see the whites of our eyes whilst you bury it in our chest!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2515
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/10/2012 4:25:29 PM   
talpacino

quote:

quote:

It's basically another sharp pointy thing for you to kill us silently with I suppose..... You just won't be able to see the whites of our eyes whilst you bury it in our chest!

If anyone is playing it. Seems to have died a death and there's so much coming out I can't see it recovering. I played a good bit when AK came out but I've kind of drifted away myself. I know I'll go back to it every now and then though.

Currahee!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2516
RE: Map ideas - 22/10/2012 4:27:39 PM   
Chief

Just join the kool kids and get Halo 4.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2517
RE: Map ideas - 22/10/2012 4:36:01 PM   
talpacino

I wish I still got excited about Halo. I used to love it. I didn't even finish Reach.

Currahee!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2518
RE: Battlefield 3 - 22/10/2012 9:17:38 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

quote:

If anyone is playing it. Seems to have died a death and there's so much coming out I can't see it recovering. I played a good bit when AK came out but I've kind of drifted away myself. I know I'll go back to it every now and then though.

I'm gagging to play but Borderlands has me and won't let go

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2519
RE: Map ideas - 23/10/2012 8:32:56 AM   
Chief

quote:

I wish I still got excited about Halo. I used to love it. I didn't even finish Reach.

Anything after H3 was disappointing, hoping for some redemption with 4.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 2520
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Map ideas Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI